What are some fun ways I can tell my husband I am pregnant

I just found out that we are expecting another baby. We have a 6 and 7 year old (One of each) I have not told my husband yet but wanted some good/fun ways to tell him and the kids when we are ready to tell the kids.

57 Likes

Put a bun in the oven and tell him to get it out, see how long it takes him to get it. Lol

1 Like

Change the time on his morning alarm, when he wakes up and says I’m late, say I am too.

2 Likes

Give him a pickle and some ice cream.

1 Like

Get a plain white onsie and put coming soon with due date using fabric marker/paint or sharpie marker!!! Then you can put it on his pillow or a gift bag w/tissue paper!! Options are endless especially with Father’s Day around the corner!!! Congrats on your new addition!!

1 Like

take a hamburger bun and put it in the oven. tell him to open up the oven – bun in the oven!!

Poem: Roses are red, violets are blue. Babies are sweet and so are you. Gifted with baby shoes, pacifier, or other baby item.

Have him face the wall with a piece of paper taped to the wall. Then you tape a piece of paper on his back and then tell him to guess the letters you are writing on his back. And write, I’m pregnant on his back (on the piece of paper) :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Norbit I’m with child!

Get the kids to hold ice bags. All of you stand in a row and get him to guess. Aka ice ice baby.

Do it in a fathers day good u could write something like all 3 of us love u daddy

3 Likes

Get a Father’s Day card n say happy Father’s Day daddy love write ur 2 kids names the put and baby ?

Leave a bun in the oven. When he gets home ask him what TF he did, when he gets confused… tell him to look in the oven…

12 Likes

Our 5th, I put a cinnabon in the oven with a note.

1 Like

Congratulations with dad it might be fun to tell everyone by having the three (your husband son and daughter) all get together for a “picture” obviously a video, and then instead of telling them to say cheese tell them to say mommies going to have a baby lol I think it would be funny to have them all put it together

11 Likes

Unltrospund with pictures of you other two holding signs and put the unltroound picture in th middle and give it to him congrats.

1 Like

Pinterest has Alot of good ideas

You can do a dinner with baby back ribs, baby potatoes, the little tiny baby corn (like you would put in stir fry)and baby bunt cakes or baby ice cream cones.

3 Likes

Have the two older ones pose with your husband for a father’s day picture. Have them to hold up signs behind him so he can’t see announcing the baby. Once you take the picture turn your phone/camera where like you want to show him how good the picture is. Would also be a good way to announce to everyone else as well…lol

10 Likes

You could do something like this

1 Like

Make a diaper shirt with child of the quarn and give it as part of his Father’s Day gift

1 Like

Baby #3 is the tie breaker! That would be super fun!

I ordered the onsie of of amazon

1 Like

Whatever you decide do it on Father’s Day :hugs::hugs:

5 Likes

For my 3rd I sent my mom a grandparents day card that said something along the lines of your membership has been extended from 2 to 3 grandkids. fathers day is coming up.

1 Like

I put a pregnancy announcement box together and then took him wherever he wanted to go eat, told him I have a gift and then gave it to him.

And in the bracelet box are my pregnancy tests.

If you have any cop friends make them pull you over and say you’re missing a car seat for the kid and then he gives hubby the ultrasound/positive test

9 Likes

My sister and her husband made a deal. When she got pregnant, he said he would shave his beard. So when she found out, she made a little gift bag with shaving stuff and the pregnancy test. Maybe you could do something like that.

1 Like

I gave my husband a card and signed it, “cant wait to meet you. Love Baby Marsh.” He was at work when I found out that I was pregnant.

1 Like

Since you said a fun way to tell him and the kids it made me think of the way we told our kids. You can set up a scavenger hunt for the kids and have dad there to help and at the end all 3 will be surprised. We put little poems with a clue. The first clue I said girls come look someone left a note for you in the bird house and it led them to the next clue where they found a pacifier with the next clue and so on. It was really fun!
Congratulations!

Buy him a gender-neutral onesie that says my daddy loves me or I love my daddy something like that and wrap it up and give it to him as a gift maybe even wrap up the pregnancy test in the onesie.

Leave a bun in the oven? 🤷😂

5 Likes

Get the older kids big brother/sister shirts and see how long it takes him to notice.

4 Likes

If you know the gender Do a gender reveal Like a cake blue or pink let him open the box put a wee baby figurine on the cake for dessert.

Love this idea!! I have seen it done and it seems like such a perfect surprise

Just get the other two hyped up about it and wait for then to start talking about it.

I took my oldest son shopping and casually stopped in the baby section to get a neutral baby outfit. It was then placed in the bags with the groceries and I made my son in charge of that bag and I instructed him to ask his father a question when all the groceries were put away . He needed to take it to hubbyy and ask " Dad where does this go? I dont know where to put this". The look was priceless!

2 Likes

Have him read a bedtime book to the kids. In the middle put a post it that says “were having a baby”.

Give him pictures of the kids inside a DAD frame. Put your u/s pic or a note that says “to filled xx/xx/xxxx” (your due date).

Ask him to make you a weird sandwich or a food you craved with the others. (my ex new I was pg when I started begging for chocolate)

1 Like

All these ideas would be good for father’s day that’s coming up

A shirt for dad that says on front, Dad of the year - on back Father of three. For the kids the oldest gets a shirt that says Best oldest sibling of 3 , the younger siblings shirt says Best middle child, then get a onesie that says Best Youngest sibling.

5 Likes

When we found out we were pregnant with our second, my son was just about to turn 8 so we got him a big brother t-shirt and said we were taking him somewhere special as an early birthday present. We took him to the ultrasound lol and gave him the shirt right before we went in. I had the first ultrasound at 8 weeks and then one at 10 weeks so we waited until that second one just to make sure everything was okay before telling him because I’ve had 4 miscarriages in the past. As far as the husband I have no idea really, mine was with me when I took the test and gave me a high five :joy:🤦

2 Likes

I told my husband about our second child by putting pink and blue balloons and the test in a box and setting it on our table. Set up the video camera. When the time was right, I told him to look through the box ‘of old stuff’ before I donate it. He opened it and the balloons popped out - perfect surprise.

He liked it so much, we called his mom over and pulled the same trick on her.

1 Like

Just sign the card
Love, (kids names- Allen, Sally, and Baby2020)
We love you bunches! Xoxoxo
My husband prefers subtle surprises, so I’m not much help here for big bang surprises. :grin:

9 Likes

I bought a decorated a keepsake box and then put a blanket, stuffed animal, a onsie that said “I love my daddy” and a positive pregnancy test.

6 Likes

Just have a conversation with one of your friends in front of him and nonchalantly talk about how you have three kids. I would play with it and make small comments till he figures it out.

3 Likes

Do a fathers day family pic and have you and hubby stand on one side then the kids on the other for one of them. The add a plus sign between you guys and equals 5. Frame and wrap it to give on fathers day!!! Then you guys can tell the kids later! I love the ones where people give the big sibling a shirt that says “bigger sibling” and the younger one a shirt that says “big sibling”

2 Likes

When your husband comes home from work, ask him and your other children to have a seat at the table. Ask them if they would like to have a family discussions about something off the wall. Then slowly start talking about having extra duties of redecorating, adding a crib, and finding where to put the crib. See if they get the idea, if not tell them that you will discuss it further after a dinner. Fix everything that has baby in the food. They might get the idea after you keep saying baby this and baby that.

2 Likes

None of the times I told my ex husband I was pregnant were cute or planned out but I had intended on having my girls both wear big sister shirts to see if he caught on. Unfortunately, by some very weird coincidence, the day I found out I was pregnant my middle daughter randomly announced “I’m getting a baby brother.” My oldest and my ex husband looked at me and I said “well I’m pregnant but I don’t know if it’ll be a boy…” Lol. My ex husband was excited about it so I don’t know maybe that worked out.

Make your kids wear a shirt telling him that you are pregnant. For example your oldest one could wear a t shirt saying I am getting ANOther brother/ sister. And have your youngest one wearing a t shirt saying…I am not the baby anymore. Somethime along that line.

2 Likes

With a cute Father’s Day card or gift or some sort for dad… we did a surprise box for the kiddos

1 Like

When i told my husband i had printed a sign that said your going to be a daddy again with a stuffed animal and the pregnancy test and left it on the bed for him to see❤

1 Like

Or put a bun in your oven and tell him unexpectedly like hmm oh what did I leave in the oven ? ! Hahaha let him guess I saw that on a video and for the life of me I couldn’t figure it out for a minute or 2 hahahahahaha

5 Likes

Well I found out I was having a girl right before Mother’s Day in 2018. So I got cupcakes. So it was 3 pink cupcakes and 3 blue cupcakes.

Me, my 4 year old, and the baby I was pregnant with

Hubby, his son and my son. He couldn’t figure it out at first then he did haha. I told him to add the cupcakes :woman_facepalming:t3::rofl:

5 Likes

I had a onesie my son wore that said “mommy rocks” so took a sharpie and wrote 'because she’s making another. That’s right dad! I’m gonna be a big brother!" When he came back from a hunting trip I let my son run around in it for like 30 minutes while I giggled before he noticed it! :rofl:

1 Like

When my little brother’s girlfriend was pregnant he came home and simply asked if I wanted a niece or nephew. I was in shock but found it hilarious after the fact.

A scavenger hunt of some kind would be fun. I also like the idea of making a meal themed with “baby”…like baby back ribs, baby carrots, etc and see if he can figure out the theme.

1 Like

I had my son hold a sign that says I’m going to be a big brother. Gave it to him for our anniversary

5 Likes

Say let’s do a nice picture for fathers day and get shirts that say big sister and big brother and newest member on yours and father of 3 or something for him and then when everyone puts on their shirts take the pic with their expressions

19 Likes

Do a cake and say “oh boy, oh boy…or girl, look what we’re bringing into the world?

A little box: inside a neutral onesie, positive test, proof of pregnancy (from doctor’s office) and a card (since Father’s day is Sunday.

Have the kids wear shirts that say “Big Brother/Big Sister”

Don’t tell him, see how long it takes him to mention you gained weight :rofl:

16 Likes

I gave my husband a tiny piece of rice in his hand and asked if he knew what it was. He said “um, rice?” I replied “Yes and that’s about the size of our baby right now”. He was shook lol. That was with our now 4 year old daughter Bella and to this day, it’s the only "announcement " he remembers. We have alot of children.

1 Like

Get t-shirts made for the kids that say “thing 1” and “thing 2” then either have a maternity shirt that says “thing 3” on the belly, or get a onesie that says “thing 3” and give it to him as a gift.

1 Like

My best friend’s wife got him a Father’s Day card (for their first pregnancy) and put a picture of a baby in it. Pretty funny because that’s what she did with baby #2. After that he was afraid to open Father’s Day cards. BTW they have 6 now.

20 Likes

Hubby knew first, but I made little frames with an ultrasound for the siblings and grandparents! Little foam frames with letters… I :heart: MY GRANDPA, etc.

Go to a restaurant and hand them an envelope and have them bring it to him while he’s eating

5 Likes

Place an order with the necessities for the baby , diapers, bath products a couple of clothing items and tell him to receive it when it comes.

1 Like

Father’s Day- get him a shirt made that has both children’s name and pacifier that has +1 for the name

3 Likes

The first time I just blurted It’s positive and he said ‘that means your pregnant right” lol 2 nd time I put a big sister shirt on our 2 yr old and gave her the test to hand him. 3 rd time I just blurted it again but we put shirts on our other kids and kept them blindfolded and told them to read eachothers shirts (big brother) and (big sister (again))

1 Like

Serve a dinner with everything baby-related: baby peas, baby carrots, etc… and emphasize the word “baby” as you serve each item

I video recorded mine reading a card out loud and I placed 2 positive tests in a little bag with sticky notes stating congrats and heres to the next exciting chapter. Play around with it

One time I sent my son (2) in while he was just waking up and told him take it (test) to daddy. Just let him try to register it while barely awake.
Another I put the test in an amazon box and told him our son had broken one of my husband’s old transformers. Nice little emotional swing there. Nothing too Pinterest worthy lol

I have a scratch off lottery ticket that will say “we’re having a baby” once it’s scratched. I’m saving them for when I can finally give it to him. I got them on amazon :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Make up a frame saying we are expecting and give the month. We are adding on to our family and give month. Make up a picture frame for Father’s Day and leave a spot for the new baby.

2 Likes

What I always wanted to do was get a jewelry box with the test inside it. There’s also a customized book you can get for new fathers. I wanted that too. Have him read the book first before opening the test. It never works out for me though because I always get extremely sick and he goes to the dr with me so it ruins the surprise LOL

1 Like

Make meal where everything is baby, baby back ribs, baby carrots, baby corn ect. ask him what everything on his plate and you have in common

1 Like

I would have a shirt made, with ultrasound pictures and date on it,

2 Likes

I made my hubby a coupon and it said redeemable in 9 months for 1 baby along with the pregnancy test

2 Likes

Perfect timing to tell him for fathersday congratulations.

8 Likes

Make him dinner. With baby carrots and baby back ribs. Baby corn. Anything with baby in and see if he get the hints. If that dont play a game like draw on paper or chalk board. And he can. Finger it out.

1 Like

I gave my husband a card and signed it, “cant wait to meet you. Love Baby Marsh.” He was at work when I found out that I was pregnant.

I put a pacifier in my bell button and wrote coming in …
Then took a picture. I made into a card at the local drugstore.

1 Like

You can go get ice cream for everyone. Girls get pink and boys get blue. Then come back with one that’s pink and blue, When he asked why you got an extra one, just say “well I don’t know what we’re having, yet, so when I got both colors”

Sounds corny…bake him a bun…1 bun in the oven…or get from bakery…tell em there’s sumthin in the oven 4 u…if he still don’t get it…tell em u been waiting 9 months to try the bakery…lol

1 Like

I done all my family a Christmas card of the scan picture so maybe a Father’s Day card? X

U would make t shirts for the kids that have oldest child and middle child on them for the kids to wear and see how long it took him to notice :laughing:

Take family pictures and have the kids holding a sign that says expecting with the month and year. Try and make sure he doesnt see the sign. Then give the picture to him in a frame for fathers day.

Perfect timing its father’s day coming up. Get a card that says father of 3 … or write in it u are the best father to our 2 kids and I know ur going to be great with our 3rd . Where a shirt that says bun in the oven see how long it takes to notice it lol

My sons dad was at work when I found out I text him saying pink or blue lol

Gave a little box and write on the top of the lid " Choose wisely" and inside put little cards with “dad”,“daddy”, “pa”, “papa” ect

Your brave. Mine are 6 and 7 one of each also ( they are 11 months apart ) the same age for approx 2 weeks in the year. I could’ve go through all that again lol

I put a bunch of baby items, shoes, rattle etc in a box and gave it to him.

Give him a piece of Hershesys chocolate and color in the HE (BLUE) or SHE (PINK)

Make spaghetti and leave a jar of prego out ! Then have a baby bib at his chair,

Do a scavenger hunt but nothing to give it away until the end. Maybe set something up for fathers day and the end is ready to be a daddy again.

If u have a group of family pictures put a pic of the ultrasound in there. See how long it takes him to notice. Careful tho. U might get upset at how long.

You could make a diy scratch off that says something like daddy to three

I gave my test wrapped up in a gift box on his birthday… my boy n me kept it frm him for a whole mth…:rofl::rofl::rofl:

For my last 1, that was his bday present, told him on his bday, after I took more then 1 test, cuz I didnt believe it…lol