What are the signs of a miscarriage?

My first pregnancy I bled few days a month for several months, like a regular period, delivered at term. My second pregnancy I started bleeding right at 12 weeks, but it was heavier bleeding and I did miscarry.

Had the exact same symptoms as you in October. Had SEVERAL positive tests and after the second day of bleeding had a negative test. Totally miscarried. Sounds to be the same for you.

Everyone is different there could be bleeding a lot cramps

If you only had one test show up positive then you may have gotten a bad test & it showed a false positive result. It happens unfortunately

1 Like

Chemical pregnancy is what that is called

I bled like a period the first 5 months of my pregnancy small clots and everything. Most everything went well. Had him a little early at 36+6. Small nicu stay he was 4.5lbs. I had a short delivery. Iā€™m also 35 so there were other risks. Donā€™t worry till you know. every pregnancy is different.

Back in 2011, I woke up and looked like someone ripped my uterus out! Blood pouring down my legs, I was covered in blood! Come 8/31/2011 I have birth to a little boy! Pregnancy is weird, donā€™t lose faith!

Happened to me with my first. Born perfectly healthy. They told me it was most likely a ā€œhealthy implantationā€ bleed. :joy:

I had something similar and it was a subchorionic hemorrhage. The bleeding has stopped for me and baby is okayā€¦

i was 6 weeks and started to cramp then started to bleed and the next day i had bad bad cramps still bleeding then had a big clot come out witch i believe was the baby :weary::weary::weary:

Sorry ,doesnā€™t sound good

I bled the first 3 months of being pregnant with my oldest daughter. She weighed 8.5 when born. My prayers are with you!

Thatā€™s exactly how my last miscarriage went :pleading_face::confused:

My daughter had an early miscarriage the same day her test came up positive she went to er and they did the hcg level which pretty much said she wasnā€™t pregnant any longer

similar thing happened to me about a year ago and it ended up being a early miscarriage.

I bled with my last which is 5 months now
Like a period bled I for sure thought I miscarry but they did a sonogram and I saw her healthy heartbeat. They just diagnosed it as a threatened miscarriage

Im so sorry to hear this
Sadly it seems as you may have miscarried

I would still go and get checked out though

Iā€™ve had the same thing happen to me twice in the past. Unfortunately they were both chemical pregnancies. Maybe go to your doctor & explain the situation. They might draw a blood sample and test for HCG to confirm whether or not you are still pregnant. If Doctors canā€™t do that then wait for 2 days & take another pregnancy test. HCG levels double approx every 24hrs I think so if you are still pregnant then your levels should definitely be high enough to give a positive on a test. If the test is still negative then itā€™s most likely youā€™ve had a chemical pregnancy. I am sorry to say though that it doesnā€™t sound good & itā€™s most likely a CP. I have known women to bleed during pregnancy so itā€™s definitely best to check with the Doc or another test. Hope youā€™re ok šŸ«‚šŸ’Ÿ

Might need DNC where they clean womb out . Think thatā€™s what itā€™s called.

Sounds very similar to my miscarriage. Im sorry :disappointed:

If it was a miscarriage, the tests should still say positive. Your hormones will still be there. It could be you had a false positive on Monday. But also with the way you described the bleeding with the clots, I would assume miscarriage. Praying for you.

I would go to the ER you never know. I thought mine was just spotting from having sex I ignored it cause i usally bleed after sex and my OB knew. 3 days later I was having a miscarriage even if you know your body I would double check to make sure.

Unfortunately it sounds like a miscarriage. I had a positive test at 4 weeks and 4 weeks and 4 days my levels were 0.

Keep praying, sounds like it could go either way. :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

Sounds like a chemical pregnancy.

Doesnā€™t sound good especially with tests being negative now.Sorry :confused:

Sorry sounds like a miscarriage. I had one like that at 7 weeks.:pensive:

Sounds exactly like my second miscarriage :sob:

Itā€™s a miscarriage, if your not sure go back to the hospital so they can check your levels, itā€™s a scary situation for any mother praying for you momma :heart::heart:

Oh sweet heartā€¦I so sorry ā€¦ Iā€™ve had a few miscarriages ā€¦and they are all different in their presentationā€¦but this sounds like the real deal :disappointed:ā€¦but I am a mother of four children and a grandmother now ā€¦I am truly sorry ā€¦:gift_heart:

Yes, my 3rdā€¦I bled and ended up losing him at 13 weeks, they never put me on bedrest or anything. Then got a pregnant again a year later and was also bleeding, out on bedrest and she was born at 37 weeks healthy as could be! Finally the bleeding stopped around 26 weeks and I was released from bedrest but by that time I had already used all my FMLA and ended up losing the job that I was at for 13 years so I just continued with the bedrest.

2 Likes

Itā€™s more than likely a miscarriage. You were probably in the very early stages where Monday you had JUST enough hcg to test positive but the pregnancy wasnā€™t viable so your levels dropped and a test wouldnā€™t pick it up anymore. Iā€™d still check the levels at the hospital, my exs mother bled the entire pregnancy each month like a period through two of her pregnancies.
Positive vibes :black_heart:

Chemical pregnancy or missed Mc
Both you wouldnt even really know you was pregnant unless you testedā€¦
Most time you start your period like normal and on time or just a few days lateā€¦
Alot of women have these and not even know they was pregnantā€¦

It does sound like a miscarriage but no one can say for sure, hope itā€™s not it.

1 Like

Sounds chemical. Iā€™m sorry.

Miscarriages are very common I. The first few weeks and most women donā€™t even know they just think itā€™s their typical period. I think the only ones that could confirm this for you are drs /gyn that can do the proper testing, ect. Just know whatever the result is you are not alone.

Iā€™m going through that now my bleeding started lastnight. Itā€™s not heavy like my usual period.

It could possibly be a ectopic pregnancy the way that sounds honestly not trying to scare you but you need to go get seen by your obgyn

1 Like

Usually cramping with miscarriageā€¦I had bleeding all the way thru with my secondā€¦fingers crossed ur ok

Unfortunately it sounds like a miscarriage especially with your test already being negative. You were probably just at the stage for the HCG to register on a test. Iā€™m sorry :disappointed: my first 4, 6th, 7th, 9th and 10th pregnancies all ended in miscarriages. Iā€™m sorry youā€™re going through this. While some women do bleed during pregnancy without issues that was never the case for me. Your most definite answer is going to be a blood test at the hospital.

Usually bleeding and cramping (I have had 6, just had another in October) But I did bleed heavy for 20 weeks with my younger son. I had placenta previa

Sounds like my miscarriages :frowning:

Unfortunately when thay happened to me I miscarried, praying for you

Sometimes early enough they are classified as chemical pregnancies. You can pop a positive than days later start your period

not necessarily. iā€™m just went through that at 6 weeks recently and baby is okay!

This happened to me take a test see if itā€™s still positive or if itā€™s fading ā€¦ it sound like youā€™ve had/ having a miscarriage

Not necessarily, I had that throughout 3 of 4 pregnancies. Donā€™t stress, try to relax and go see a dr in 5 to 7 days to check HCG. Hope all goes well for you

I had my period but lighter with all 3 of my pregnancies only the first month though and then they went away until after birth. So itā€™s possible you are still pregnant .

Dont ask on social media. Please call your OB/GYN. IF you read all these comments youā€™ll get overwhelmed. Call your Dr. PLEASE

9 Likes

Itā€™s called a chemical pregnancy Iā€™m sorry :disappointed:

So sorry. As you miscarry the hormones levels go down. I have gone through it.

I bled throughout 2 pregnancies. See your OBGYN. They need to track via internal ultrasound and/or HCG blood levels

1 Like

I just went thru this. Iā€™ve had 11 chemical pregnancies. It sounds like thatā€™s what you are going thru. Itā€™s like a bad period.

This happened to me in 2019. Iā€™m so sorry mama sending you lots of love

Sounds like when I had one

You need to go to OB GYN or doctors right away.

Iā€™ve had it happen. Then a month later I didnā€™t have my period and was pregnant with my son. I would just get checked out by your dr

I know for myself my positive test wouldnā€™t show up on a pee test and I had to have my blood drawn

Some women still have a period when they are pregnant,just take another test after you stop bleeding if its negative i would still do a blood test

1 Like

This happened to me. It was a chemical pregnancy. They told me to treat it as a period and I could try again: 4 weeks later I was pregnant with my son.
Praying for you! :pray:t3::two_hearts:

I just went through this as well! In November I found out I was about 5 weeks and I miscarried and then I miscarried again in January around 4. Chemical pregnancies for me. There was never a baby formed. But Iā€™m currently 6 weeks now and thereā€™s a little baby and heartbeat :heartbeat: Iā€™m sorry youā€™re going through this. My dr told me if I wanted to try again I should bc itā€™s easy to get pregnant right after a loss

3 Likes

I went to the hospital bleeding and was 4 week they couldnā€™t find a heart beat sent me home with miscarried paper work and my daughter is now 2years old so donā€™t stress until you see your obgyn

Chemical pregnancy maybe. Had one and it broke my heart :heart: :pensive::pensive:

1 Like

It could be what is called a threatened miscarriage. It could be break through bleeding. It could be your hormones still having your period. It could be the shedding of the sac because the egg has attached to the uterus. It could be a sub chorionic hematoma, where there is a small clot between the placenta and the uterus. There are many reasons for bleeding in early pregnancy. Until you are 20-25 weeks pregnant they unfortunately canā€™t do anything. Drink lots of water, donā€™t over do it, and try to stay off your feet.

3 Likes

With me it was bleeding,cramping and I saw my son when he came out also hormone levels were dropping I had a late miscarriage

1 Like

Iā€™m sorry love but I believe you are right :heart:

I did this when I lost one of my twins

You probably did miscarry

Good morning.
Firstly I would like to say hang in there.

With my son whose 1yr and 9 months now they told me thereā€™s only an empty sac and that I should terminate.

Iā€™m due anytime now, with this baby I had bleeding that lasted roughly 3 days and his perfectly fine and normal.

I know how it feels when you canā€™t get answers, get a second opinion and try not to over think things.

I wish you all the best.

2 Likes

I had bleeding with my second childā€¦a little bit at a time and didnā€™t last more than 24 hoursā€¦sheā€™s 8 now. Every pregnancy is different and it could have been a false positive. Many things really. I would find an ob and figure out whatā€™s going on.

1 Like

When I had a miscarriage I wasnā€™t bleeding or anything had an OB appointment and saw just an empty sac they check my Hcg levels a lot ended up with D&C and they tested it and said I had a miscarriage

1 Like

This happened to me babe and I had a miscarriage then fell pregnant 3 months after now I have a healthy little girl thatā€™s 3 months old :heart:
I am praying for you please update us :pray:t3: x

1 Like

Iā€™ve had it happen. I had a miscarriage and then an ectopic not long after. Very traumatic times for me. My miracle baby is due in July. With this pregnancy I was freaking out due to cramping, backache and bleeding. I was sure I was miscarrying this time around. When I phoned the antenatal team they told me to sit and wait because many woman bleed during pregnancy. Unfortunately I googled everything and was so sure I had miscarried. To this day I am in shock carrying my miracle daughter. Every scan Iā€™m in shock. Us woman can send ourselves loopy with anxiety checking, reading, scanning our bodies for any sign it is happening. I was told my anxiety was heightening my symptoms at the time. I really do hope youā€™re ok. Sending lots of love and care your way. Xx

1 Like

Miscarriage, sorry for your loss. :heart:

Seems as if you have miscarriageā€¦

Probably but please do go back in a couple days. I had an ectopic last year and they kept brushing me off and did not do another ultrasound so make sure youā€™re following up love to prevent this. So sorry for your loss. Praying for you.

It may be a miscarriage or just a period ending or beginningā€¦

Got my fingers crossed for you lovely :heart::crossed_fingers:

Before I even knew I was pregnant with my son I bled for weeks. Something was off. I went to dr and had to do blood work cause I was on birth control and also wasnā€™t suppose to be able to have anymore children. Well I was pregnant and the dr claimed it was implantation bleeding. It continued for a few more weeks. I was 6 weeks when I found out. Bled for a total of about 36days. Son is a happy healthy 9yr old.

3 Likes

I had a normal period the first two months of my pregnancy with my son and he is now 9 years old

Im sorry youā€™re going through this. Praying for you and your family. Blessings and comfort.hopefully itā€™s just your body and hormones. But if you have a primary doctor you definitely should call.

When I first got pregnant with both my kids I bled heavily for 3 to 5days straight. Go back and get checked could be a miscarriage or could just be pregnancy for you.

1 Like

I would say from my personal experience that your miscarrying but itā€™s possible itā€™s implantation as well many women bleed when that happens but definitely get the Hcg levels checked especially now that your getting a negative test result. Iā€™m very sorry your experiencing this

It was probably a chemical pregnancy. Iā€™ve had it happen a few timesā€¦Def see your doctor for blood work :purple_heart: good luck

1 Like

Call an obgyn near you and see if u can talk/ come in for a visit.
Iā€™m praying for u.

1 Like

Sounds like a miscarriage

1 Like

Maybe implantation bleeding X

When my mom was pregnant with me she started bleeding too. Everyone in the hospital told her she was miscarrying and to go to the doctor the next day. Obviously she had not miscarried because I am here to tell the tale.

3 Likes

Sounds like a blighted ovum. I had one once. Nothing ever showed on the ultrasound

My friends started off with light bleeding and then, 2 weeks later very heavy bleeding. Prayers :pray:

I bled for like 5 weeks straight while pregnant with my twins. They are very much here and made it into the world healthy with no issues. Itā€™s not always the worst. Mine was a subchorionic hematoma.

1 Like

i had a really heavy bled that bad i couldnā€™t get of the toilet hospital thought id miscarried but a scan a week later proved i had not.fingers crossed for you x

1 Like

Always call your OB with bleeding during pregnancy

The first time I was pregnant I got my period for the first 2 months like normal. Praying thatā€™s what is happening.

1 Like

I bled at 5 weeks with my little boy, had to wait until I was 7 weeks for them to even scan me or check anything. Worst 2 weeks of my life. My little man is now nearly 3. Please wait to get checked out again x

Iā€™m so sorry mama :broken_heart: It sounds to me like a chemical pregnancy. The same happened to me. I tested positive then a few days later tested negative. Sending healing thoughts your way.

1 Like

I bled heavy for 3 months on and off with 7 of my 8 pregnancies. 4 of them were miscarriages and 3 of them were due to blood clots in the placenta that are common and usually dissolve on their own.

You had a miscarriage.

1 Like

Could have been a false positive, but either way, let it heal. Once a miscarriage starts, the pregnancy is in big trouble. It will take itā€™s course. The emotional rollercoaster is not fun. Hang in there. :pray: It sounds like a miscarriage.

1 Like

Never loose hope. It could implantation bleeding. But I will say when i mc I felt like I really needed to pee then blood, like period ish. But I also had spotting with my rainbow who is 17 months now. Also with my first born I had a Blood tests come back negative, I was about 18 weeks (heā€™s 8 now). I would make an appointment or go to ER. Bleeding while pregnant Can be something and its best to make sure for you and baby :pray:t2::revolving_hearts: praying mama