What are the signs of genital herpes?

OK. So 4 days ago I had protected sex with a new partner. I gave him a bj without a condom. 2 days ago I woke up with cold sores on my bottom lip. Went to the doctor got prescribed Valacyclovir (500mg ×2 a day). I took 4 pills and woke up today noticed my vulva and left side labia were super swollen and red, it’s been itchy down there as well. Could I have genital herpes or is it a yeast infection from the strong antibiotics? I’m always super sensitive down there and get them alot if I change anything. I’m assuming I got herpes the cold sores from the guy cause we kissed and I gave him oral with no condom. Used a condom to have sex. He says he doesn’t have anything. I can’t get sti bloodwork and urine tested until June 22nd. I’m super worried. How likely is it that I have genital herpes? I noticed no visible sores on his penis or his mouth but he does have a beard so hard to say.

190 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. What are the signs of genital herpes? - Mamas Uncut

Anything is possible, condoms aren’t 100% safe. Hope for your sake its not

2 Likes

It’s likely from the anti biotics. I believe genital herpes presents as ulcer like sores on the vulva. And the condom would’ve protected you during sex. But he needs an sti check as he’s passed on the virus to your mouth.

You could have a yeast infection from the antibiotics it common when on them .just call your doctor and tell them and they can prescribe u a cream

5 Likes

So the incubation period for HVS2 & HVS1 is around 4 days, it’s totally possible that yes you were exposed as you can have either and be asymptomatic. So it’s possible he was shedding the virus to you

Just because they aren’t showing symptoms doesn’t mean they aren’t spreading it. I’d go to an er or urgent care because they have to actually swab the area

4 Likes

Go get checked. It could really be either, look for small blistered areas. Maybe go ahead and treat for a yeast infection. If he had it orally and returned the favor you could very well be infected.

Id say it’s a reaction to the antibiotics. They probably gave you a yeast infection. It happens to me every time I take antibiotics. I’ve learned to take a probiotic with them and for a week after . It helps.

3 Likes

Typically… Not always… They have to have an outbreak for you to catch it. I have a friend that lives with this and is married and I have asked probably over my limit of questions to her out of curiosity :face_with_peeking_eye::sweat_smile:

Its not antibiotics though. It’s an antiviral medication for herpes. I’d go to your gynecologist and get tested.

13 Likes

Honestly there are tons of people with herpes and you can spread it without having a sore visible. However it doesn’t mean if you do have it you got it from him. Herpes is notorious for laying dormant for many years, and if your stressed or change in things ect then you could have a outbreak. Are there any visible red spots or anything on your vulva ? or anywhere down there? herpes can cause itching as well. Any discharge ?? It’s definitely a possibility but hang in there momma it’s definitely painful though so if it was herpes then you would be in SEVERE burning pain

The only way you’ll know if you have herpes is if your in active outbreak and they test it.

Anywhere between 2-12 days after exposure. I suggest looking up information about what precautions to take. just in case, so you don’t expose others till you know for sure.

If someone has a cold sore and then let say goes down on you yes you can get it that way.

But go get tested

Go to planned parenthood and get tested.

1 Like

Condoms are never 100% and it definitely sounds like he gave it to you. Some people lay dormant for a while. Just because he had no visible sores doesn’t mean he doesn’t have it even if he told you he doesn’t. People tend to lie all the time even about things like that.

2 Likes

I’m sorry lady. I can’t speak on the sti but I get yeast infections with antibiotics. Idk about antivirals bc I’ve never taken them. Maybe score some probiotics for women’s health. I take them whenever I take antibiotics. And call the doctor and ask about it. Don’t ever feel bad for calling in to ask questions after a visit.

Honestly sounds like a very very strong yeast infection. I had a yeast infection so bad when I showed my doctor I heard her gasp and say she’s never seen one so bad. I was on a strong antibiotic before hand.

Taking those medications made my vagina swell, hurt and itch. I was convinced I had type 2😳 They tested my blood but only told me “you tested positive for herpes” and not which kind…I had to go into 4 appts to be told its just type 1 which I knew i had had from my mother, all 4 of us do. Between the stress and stuff it was a tough couple of weeks but i stopped the medication and I’ve never had another issue or even a cold sore since

I’d stick to drs instead of putting all that on the internet I wish you the best and there are natural medicines to get rid of that best of luck

He may say he dowsnt have anything but you can ask when he was last tested and get your answer, boys usually only go to the dr when they are close to death lol so he may very well have something and not even know

1 Like

The medication they gave you is not an anabiotic, I take it daily for cold sores so it is a herpes medication. It should be helping with the downstairs itching as well though so that may be something totally different. Go to Planned Parenthood and get a test

1 Like

Valacyclovir is not an antibiotic. Is an antiviral prescripted for herpes. Oral sex can give you herpes and If he also performed oral sex in you, then you might have it .

Genital Herpes is more common than anyone thinks no one talks about it ever because it’s embarrassing but unfortunately it happens I have a friend who has both and she said when she got her first outbreak she couldn’t physically see what was wrong because they are not what’s described on the internet they are more like lesions like open wounds they are red spots and can bleed worse case scenario they burn and sting and peeing only makes that feeling a lot worse if I were you I’d go to an urgent care to have them test your vulva and labia since it is red and swollen typically yeast infections only effect the inside of the vagina unless you are seeing clumps of white on the outside in between your skin folds then it could be but better safe than being in pain if it becomes painful

It sounds like you have a nasty yeast infection, but absolutely should reach out to your doctor to get looked at🥺.

2 Likes

A new partner can cause irritation. I would try not to worry until your appt. The drs know better than anyone on here. Hope he wouldn’t knowingly give anything to you. That’s illegal.

4 Likes

You are not on an antibiotic you are on an antiviral so don’t think yeast

1 Like

Either of you could have had this for years without a symptom, so there’s no way of knowing he gave it to you. He may not even have it, maybe you have carried it for years without knowing. It’s probably more common than anyone thinks, but if it is that, you’ll have it foreve

4 Likes

Herp has sores it could be a combination of both

Antiviral isn’t an antibiotic and shouldn’t give you a yeast infection.

7 Likes

You would have blisters and severe pain. However if you are on Valtrex it may suppress the symptoms and make them less severe. Also the test is a swab for genital herpes. As mentioned above valtrex would not cause you to get a yeast infection.

Are std tests not a thing anymore? We allow any man to stick it without proper paperwork stating the man is clean? Did you not even ask before hand? If someone told me they had herpes my mouth would not be touching them… just ewww

3 Likes

I’m allergic to condoms so I have to be very careful bout whom I sleep with lol I’ve been good for 3 yrs now so

1 Like

You need to go to the doctor and be tested but it definitely sounds like you have it. It will progressively get worse. So you better go soon.

The medication you were prescribed is an antiviral drug not an antibiotic. I doubt it is a yeast infection from the drug but could be if your sensitive to condoms some people are allergic to the spermicide and lubricant that comes on them.

Im sorry your going through this.

1 Like

If he had even the beginnings of a cold sore on his lip that would be how he gave it to you on your face. If he went down on you then yes, it can be transferred to you down there. But, there has to be contact from him to you in order for it to spread to you.

I get yeast infections every time I drink antibiotics and it gets super itchy down there after the antibiotics it might be a yeast infection

1 Like

Herpes are transferred skin to skin also so there’s no real guarantee that you didn’t catch anything because you used a condom.

8 Likes

I Get Paid 0ver $ 110 per hour w0rking from h0me. I never thought l’d be able to d0 it but my colleague makes over $ 13969 a m0nth doing this and she convinced me t0 try. The p0ssibility with this is limitless.

SEE MORE HERE…>> https://LifeStyles106.pages.dev

Valacyclovir is not a antibiotic… it is a antiviral medication

11 Likes

Cold sore virus and herpes virus is the same virus, and yes you can get oral herpes on your genitals as well so it’s honestly quite likely given that you have it on your mouth at the moment, and it could have similarly infected you down there as well.

7 Likes

June 22nd is a long time. Can you not go to the health department? Hpv will be actual warts on your vagina. Genital herpes is the same but much much more painful. Valtrex isn’t an antibiotic, it’s an antiviral bc HSV1(herpes) is a virus. Idk the likelihood of Valtrex giving you a yeast infection, though. Honestly, the best thing you CAN do for yourself is see a Healthcare professional. If your gyno doesn’t have openings for a few weeks, at the very least get in with the health department now and follow up with your gyno later.

When in doubt get tested! Better to be safe than sorry.

3 Likes

Id make you arent allergic to latex as well

3 Likes

Any cold sores are herpes lol

6 Likes

I think that med is an anti-viral, not an antibiotic.

9 Likes

l get paid over $197 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $18036 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

M0re Info. https://amazingearning526.pages.dev/

1 Like

If your lips got really chapped from the kissing then that could cause cold sores. Cold sores are actually fairly normal. I would say ask your doctor about the meds causing yeast infection. Herpes looked like warts.

1 Like

If anything, you having cold sores on your mouth and giving him oral, you might have giving him a gift down below. :grimacing: maybe you were allergic to to condom?

5 Likes

Men are carriers and sometimes show no symptoms and give it to their partner. At least that is what my doctor said when I didn’t know my ex was on drugs and said he was a carrier and he needed antibiotics as well as myself. I got so sick that I had to get a catheter put in.

1 Like

Always use protection.

1 Like

It’s most likely yeast. Go to urgent care and they’ll give you diflucan. Ask for 2 of them, and you can get std tested there.

6 Likes

This makes me realize most are always on their daughters being tested and we kind of stay in check with the ob needing birth control etc. makes me realize I need to burn in my sons head growing up once he becomes active it will be a good idea for him to get tested yearly at a clinic. Most men don’t think about being tested routinely since they don’t usually have a reason to be seen like most women do.

If you want to check to see if its a yeast infection you could always go to patient first or planned parenthood. Patient first takes walk ins <3 Hope you feel better soon

Sounds like you may have contracted herpes, valacyclovir is a antiviral medication.

3 Likes

Eat yogurt on antibiotics

1 Like

88% likely that’s how common it is. It’s not even a big deal. Half the people that have it don’t even know they have it.

6 Likes

Also the herpes virus sheds even when there are no sores. It’s permanently in your system and there is no way of knowing if it’s actively shedding or not.

The herpes lesions themselves are almost like open blisters and hurt like hell. Before mine pops up (I only get one in the same place each time) the area feels bruised and hurts deep down inside, that’s how I know I’ll have the lesion in a day or two. Plus if it’s bad, the lymph nodes in my groin swell and I feel like I’ve got the flu. Just like shit and very exhausted.

I hope that’s not what you’re dealing with, I’m sorry Hun. Also you can take a big dose (at least 1000-2000mg) of L-Lysine daily to help it simmer down. I’ve been stressed for over a year because of bs in my life, and my outbreak wouldn’t completely go away until I started the L-Lysine. I don’t have money or insurance to get antivirals.

A person can have herpes and it lay dormant for years. So if he doesn’t think he has anything ask him to go get checked to be sure. Do you get checked regularly for STDs? Unfortunately herpes is one you can’t just cure and it go away. You’ll have it for the rest of your life and you need to be very careful being intimate.
Always wear protection. Never have oral or sexual intercourse if you have an outbreak or feel like you have the start of it coming in. You can either take your medicine daily or take when needed.

If you kissed and then he went down on you it’s possible for it to spread below. Please go sooner to the doctor to sort it out.

6 Likes

I get cold sores on my mouth from having herpes Symplex virus when I was in my teens. It is a virus even children get it. The last two times I had one on my mouth I put zinc pointman on it and it heals much quicker than anything I’ve used in the past

1 Like

Valacyclovir is a herpes medication.

1 Like

They put you on an antiviral. You could have very well contracted herpes considering it usually shows up 2-20 days after transmission. However it could have been from another partner as well and just showed up if you did anything unprotected prior to this too. Sometimes it lies dormant and you have no symptoms.

Whatever you do, do not listen to the advice where people are saying go to the ER. This isn’t an emergency and testing for all stds or stis too soon could be an issue. Some won’t show up for 2 weeks, some don’t show up for 3-6 months. There’s a reason you’re waiting until the 22nd. If you need more advice you need to call the doctor who put you on the medication and tell them what’s going on

11 Likes

Go back to the doctor

1 Like

They prescribed you herpe medication. You have herpes. It’s common and most males don’t show symptoms. Even with a condom you can still contract it.

8 Likes

Why are you asking strangers? Go to the doctor

16 Likes

More than 80% of people with herpies show no symptoms. And this population now days, almost everybody has it.

10 Likes

My dr told me you can already have it and not ever have a break out until you’re under a lot of stress … I woke up one morning with my throat swollen shut and a lot of sores in my throat and 2 sores down there I was freaking out like wtf we thought the sores were cysts me and my fiancé have been together for almost a year and neither of us had been with anyone else … so when I went to the dr and got told I had herpes I was shocked… we hadn’t been having sex because of the sores down there … so the dr told me either one of us could of gotten it in the past from different partners and just never had a outbreak that my outbreak was the first outbreak because of my throat … so me and my fiancé just chalked it up to we both been with sketchy people in the past and both had it (so that way the blame isn’t on one person and there’s no way of actually knowing who gave it to who ) but a trick I learned when you get a cold sore on your mouth at the first sign put chapstick on it everyday and it’ll go away faster ! Sorry you’re going through this but chance is he may not have given it to you someone else could of and neither of you would have ever known .

Man that’s tough, he may not have been showing signs but having an active inner breakout. I would definitely treat it as such and get tested and help as soon as you can. Planned parenthood does this testing as does most WIC offices

Condoms do not cover the entire area a herpes outbreak could occur. He could have had it and given it to you from sores on his genital area, not just on his penis. It is also possible to catch herpes simplex one, or cold sores, on the genitals, from oral sex. Herpes simplex two is usually on the genitals but both can infect mouth or sexual organs. Go back to the doctor. We cannot tell you what this is for certain.

Did you bother asking him if he had herpes?

2 Likes

Herpes is the most common STD in the world. Like, I think 70% of the population has some form of it.

However, you could just have a cold sore and a yeast infection. I get severe yeast infections from antibiotics. Don’t panic just yet.

8 Likes

People can have herpes and not know. Also, you can contract genital herpes by, like you said preforming oral. So just be careful around breakouts and remember, if someone has hsv1 and gives you oral, you can contract genital herpes. He can say he has nothing all he wants, but unless he has a blood test done or a break out he won’t know. Normal STI testing does not test for herpes.

5 Likes

Some of the misinformation in this post is horrible. If you don’t know what you’re talking about why say anything. I’d say that it’s almost 98% likely you have herpes. Sorry to say. Valacyclovir is not an antibiotic and will not cause yeast infection, it’s an antiviral that can be prescribed to treat outbreaks. Having a yeast infection would not cause your labia and vulva to swell and be red and itchy… herpes would. The good thing is a lot of people have it and live with it. Herpes does not look like warts. They’re blisters filled with clear fluid. If you are itchy or even just moving around the blisters could unknowingly to you be popped and then leave a red irritated spot. Go to the doctors. Don’t ask Facebook. A lot of this information is false and it would be a shame if you took this information and went on with your life thinking you have something like a yeast infection when in reality you have herpes…

You can still transmit herpes with no visible signs. There is a chance that your symptoms down below are herpes too, but just be aware that herpes is very manageable and most people do have some form of it. It’s a very stigmatized virus still despite how incredibly common it is. Unfortunately your dr will not be able to diagnose you with a blood test this soon, the only way to know for sure is to get an open sore/lesion swabbed and tested for culture. All the best and stay strong

6 Likes

Personally I get horrible yeast infections from all antibiotics. I would assume that is what you have going on.

3 Likes

Can you not pop to the sexual health clinic near rbh they would tell you

1 Like

Strong antibiotics can cause a yeast infection. It wouldn’t hurt to treat, and start taking a strong oral probiotic.

5 Likes

l get paid over $ 175 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $ 20577 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://DollarEarn197.pages.dev/

2 Likes

Those were the same symptoms I showed when I found out. I would go to a gynecologist. They can do blood work to determine if you have it or not.

3 Likes

Don’t people get tested before jumping in bed with new partners anymore? Their are far worst ish out there to catch besides herpes. SMH

4 Likes

If you touched your lips & then touch, or wiped your self down there in your vaginal area, chances are you have them there also. Sorry :neutral_face:

Sexual health could here…. Did you know more people have oral herpes than not? Even if you don’t get cold sores, you can have it. You can test for oral herpes without a breakout unfortunately you cannot test for genital herpes unless you have a break out. You could have already been infected. It is possible that he didn’t have anything and the break out is due to stress, fighting off another illness or anything that weakens your immune system. Herpes loves when you are stressed out or have something else going to flare up. My suggestion is if you are having symptoms of any type that you feel are unusual don’t wait till the 22nd. Most health departments (most states do not have a Herpes surveillance program so you wouldn’t have notified if exposed) have a sexual health clinic with free or reduced services. The med you were provided is an antiviral not an antibiotic and should not produce an environment conducive to yeast. It is important to remember that anything you can get on your privates you can get in your mouth. Also rinse with a antibacterial mouthwash after oral, and don’t brush your teeth right away. This isn’t 100 percent preventive but is helpful. Don’t wait till the 22nd, if the meds kick in and suppress an outbreak they won’t be able to test you or you can have a false negative

3 Likes

It is also a cold sore med. way to scare her

1 Like

Eat yogurt to counteract the antibiotics.

1 Like

Valacyclovir isn’t a antibiotic honey it’s a antiviral used to treat herpes virus

7 Likes

Sounds like a yeast infection. Maybe remember this next time, Aids is still out there.

1 Like

Genital herpes and cold sores are two different kinds of herpes. Second, herpes simplex (cold sores) cannot give someone genital herpes. I get cold sores every month around my period it’s hormonal for lots of people (my daughter too).
Go to the Dr and get checked out. Stop having unprotected sex,

Why are people asking for medical advice on here??? Go to the doctor

5 Likes

ANYTIME I take antibiotics, I get a yeast infection. Sounds like you have one too. Call your gynocologist or doctor you just saw and tell them you have a yeast infection and ask them for Fluconazole (Diflucan) . One of those and you’ll be good as new in about 48 hours. It’s common in women.

I Get Paid 0ver $ 110 per hour w0rking from h0me. I never thought l’d be able to d0 it but my colleague makes over $ 13769 a m0nth doing this and she convinced me t0 try. The p0ssibility with this is limitless.

SEE MORE HERE…>> https://AmazingOpportunity4.pages.dev

The medicine they gave is what is used to make the herpes outbreaks go away. So yes, if they gave you that medicine then you more than likely have it. (Currently in the medical field)

I’d call Dr ask them call in the pills for yeast infection if that don’t help then get full std panel

Go ask your dr. No one here is able to tell you or diagnose you

6 Likes

I’d go to urgent care or health department will test you you might have to wait a few hours as it’s usually free or low cost and super busy

Men don’t break out the way women do. I hate to say it but it probably is. Just go ahead and get tested when you are able.

2 Likes

You can walk into any planned parenthood and they will test you on the spot no questions asked .

2 Likes

It is very possible he transmitted it to you without any sores or signs of the virus

3 Likes

What I don’t understand is why would u have sex with a condom but then give blow jobs without one? Literally didn’t help yourself at all. Everything u can catch by sex u can pretty much catch by blow jobs as well. :woman_facepalming:

If he did what a a— hole