What are the signs of genital herpes?

Some of y’all ladies need to read up about your female anatomy🤦🏼‍♀️

2 Likes

This is getting pretty personal… go to the dr.

usually valacyclovir is used to treat herpes. where did you get the prescription from? because if it was the hospital, they usually would have tested you there, so if you didn’t go to the hospital, i’d go there and let them know your symptoms. THEY WILL TEST YOU FOR HERPES 1 AND 2.

Go to Planned Parenthood they will diagnose and test on the spot.

1 Like

So many people on this post talking smack have herpes. It’s so common and usually people can go forever without knowing it.
You’ll be just fine!

5 Likes

A lot of people are carriers of the Herpe virus without even knowing so as they never develop any form of sore, herpes can be passed from strain 1 (oral) to strain 2 (genital) through coming into contact with a facial sore, some people have no symptoms what so ever & others really suffer it’s awful! I know someone on the antiviral med aciclovir for the rest of her life to prevent outbreaks through an ex being dishonest. I know sometimes you feel better by gaining opinions of others my lovely, but I think it’s best you ring your GP or visit your local sexual health clinic whenever is convenient for you, only to put your mind at ease, I hope you’re OK xxx

2 Likes

No one here can tell you for certain what you’re dealing with. Best to get a full work up done with your doctor.

3 Likes

Bloodwork will indicate it.
Good luck

It’s probably a yeast infection that’s a strong antibiotic
They thought my son was born with it he wasn’t he had a staph infection but after they took him off of it he got thrush in his mouth really bad

1 Like

You are actually contagious before the sores come out . If you have a sore on your mouth …. You won’t have it “down there “ from what I understand it breaks out above or below the waist but not both .

No that is not a yeast infection go get checked immediately

You need to find a place that will see you sooner then that. Tell them you are in pain and see if they can’t fit you in. Lie if you have to.

2 Likes

Strong antibiotics are a nightmare for me. That may also be the problem. Definitely see a dr to be sure.

1 Like

Make an emergency OB appointment or go to the ER!

I would definitely go to the doctor to be sure but ots probably a yeast infection from the antibiotics, it happens to me every time I have to take an antibiotic. Good luck

1 Like

Valcyclovir is not an antibiotic - it’s an antiviral as herpes is a virus. More than likely it’s not a yeast infection but to be sure you need to call your primary doctor and request blood work. That will determine if it is in fact herpes and if it’s a new outbreak.

5 Likes

Go to urgent care. They will see you and test you.

1 Like

Oh no… So sorry you’re going through this… Go to er they will test you love

1 Like

You can get thrush from antibiotics, may be worth asking your doctor/chemist about this, as is easily treated with over the counter medication.

Definitely go see your doctor and see if they can test the new area. You can still contract herpes when using protection. Some people are carriers and don’t show signs of herpes but when their partner gets it the partner does.

4 Likes

Did you not ask the doctor all these questions? What did he say about the possibility ? Doctors do not usually order antiviral without a good reason. If you did not ask the physician or the nurse this questions at all you need to call back to his office and asked to speak with the nurse they will take a message and she should call you back when she has time
If 100000 people advise you that it is or is not herpes you still won’t have an answer

If you have what you think is active sores or redness down there you can also go into an urgent care and they will treat it. They will swab and send for testing, at least my local one will. The thing about herpes testing from what my own OB told me is it’s highly known for false positives which is why it’s not on a standard full panel. It’s much better to have the sores swabbed and tested for accurate diagnoses. It doesn’t matter if he had sores because people an be asymptomatic shedders and spread it that way without the presence of sores.

1. blood work is the only thing that will tell you if you have HSV 1 or 2 (unless you have active blisters then they can swab the blisters and tell you.) 2) the blisters can show anytime after intercourse, most people don’t even know they have HSV due to never having blisters at all. 3) HSV lays dormant in the spine and never goes away. Stress and other factors cause the outbreaks.
  2. you can pass HSV WITHOUT having visible sores. If the person is having a silent outbreak it can be passed during intercourse.
2 Likes

Thats a anti-viral. Not a antibiotic

3 Likes

Go to the health department and test you for free in most states but he needs to get test too

2 Likes

Go to a walk in clinic

1 Like

Go to the er and get a swab. The blood tests are extremely inaccurate.

1 Like

You could have gotten herpes several years ago and you just now having symptoms. U need to get completely tested and checked. The swelling can also be from that virus…I know someone who has it. It causes pain, swelling and itching…

For the love of Pete, ladies! Always, always always use protection when being intimate with a partner you don’t know well! Oral sex counts as sexual contact. The tissues in your mouth can contract various STIs just like the tissue in your genital area. When it comes to protecting yourself during sexual/intimate encounters, don’t trust anyone, especially a new partner who could be infected with something and not even know it yet.

The only way to know is blood work.

Make sure you keep in contact with him… just in case. See your doctor ASAP… GOOD LUCK ( p.s. NO SEX with him)

Am only doing this to save lives. Believe it or not I am cured from HSV type 2 with the Herbal instructions and the products I get from Dr aigbogidi . You can contact on Dr_Aigbogidi88