What are the signs of menopause?

Sounds like you’re preggo! Take a test!

Well first of all you need a pregnancy test. You’re youngish for menopause but certainly possible. In my expirence it takes awhile though. I haven’t had consistent periods since my youngest was born almost 8 years ago. They’d be 3 months, 4 months, 6 months apart. Now it’s been 7 months without a period. I also have the “hot cheeks” I can’t control my body temp. At times I’m freezing when it’s 74•F or can be sweating when it’s 40 °F. Dr says she can’t say if it’s menopause though. Only time will tell I guess.

I’m 41 almost 42 I’ve been having my period twice a month for 3 months now. I can no longer have baby’s. I am always exhausted and have no energy at all. I really don’t have hot flashes and I only weigh 125. I’m guessing I’m going through Pre Menopause. It’s so different for everyone but my advice would be to go to the doctors. Especially if you could be pregnant.

Take a test and schedule a doctor’s appointment. That could be sooo many things from pregnancy to peri-menopause to thyroid issues.

Easy solution. See a Dr

Get your.Tyroid checked.

Buddy, go to the doctor.

call your doctor, why would ask strangers

1 Like

You’re pretty young for menopause. Take a pregnancy test first and go from there

My my got pregnant for me at 39… 13yrs after her “last” child. Go get a pregnancy test just in case

I had my son when I was 39 I was 3months and 4days when I found out I was pregnant believe me I was shocked but wouldn’t trade him for the world. Me and his dad split when he was one month from turning 2years old

I thought I was going through the change at 38, nope I was pregnant. You may want to take a pregnancy test.

You could still get pregnant, so do a test as soon as possible!

Too …early for menopause…when was your 1st menstruation add 40 yes. That’s your normal expected menopausal date. Better consult your ob.gyne doctor the best person for further assessment.

After reading all the comments I must say I feel sorry for all you ladies with the hot flashes. Personally when I went through menopause I didn’t have hot flashes I had cold flashes. There were times I could not get warm. I am so thankful that I had cold flashes.

1 Like

Similar to my symptoms minus a few, was the the same age with older children … now have a 16 year old…

I was 33 when I started PERI-menopause(which is pre)…yes! It is very possible… I’m now 57 and still have hot flashes just not as bad …DO see ur Doc to make sure…:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Good luck​:green_heart:

2 Likes

I felt pregnant at that age I was like you thinking it was menopause even my doctor say it was after 4 month I did a pregnancy test

Take a pregnancy test to rule that out. Then see your doctor. I hope you feel better soon.

Ps. I had my sixth child when I was thirty nine and it was the greatest gift .

2 Likes

Yes you definitely need to go to a doctor. If you are pregnant Congratulations. But it may be something more serious health wise cancer is a horrible word to bring up but catching it early if that is the case is important. I have been through uterine cancer and I am in remission now 15 years. Please do not put it off my daughters are 40 and 41 and I would give them the same advice…a concerned mom🥰

2 Likes

I had a baby at 39 menopause at 45
A full year with no spotting or period.

1 Like

You need a complete physical not just ob all body fluids especially your thyroid levels and a complete blood panel

1 Like

Not sure what your youngest child’s age has to do with whether or not you could be pregnant! JS…
Also, it IS entirely.:roll_eyes:possible , but not all that common to start menopause at this young age. However, since you are experiencing changes, for whatever reason, you need to see your obgyn. You probably shouldn’t rely on social media for medicaadvice. e…:grin:

1 Like

You could have peri menopause or heart problems, thyroid issues could be alot of things I would say go to the Dr

1 Like

Just doesn’t sound like menopause. You should see a doctor asap

1 Like

My oldest is 26 and I had my last baby at 37, she is now 8. Age of your oldest has nothing to do with whether or not you could be pregnant. Do a pregnancy test and then if that’s negative go to your obgyn.

Get to the doctor…social media is not for diagnosis… weight loss is not a system of menopause—…weight gain is…getting checked is paramount…also the last blood of menstruation before menopause begins is a gusher… absolutely horrible…

1 Like

Sounds like me, get your thyroid checked!

1 Like

Go to the doctor to find out. Menopause is possible but so is pregnancy.

1 Like

I just went through menopause and I didn’t have any of those symptoms. You should go get blood work done to find out

I was 39 when I gave birth to my son. Have you taken a pregnancy test? I would, just to find out for sure.

Sorry I never had any of that stuff. My husband and I tryed for a baby I was 42 deathly baby 16 years old

Could be pregnancy, thyroid, diabetes, AND peri menopause…go rule it out and find out what’s happening. Drinking too much is never good for any situation

1 Like

I am perimenopauseal. But normally you have weight gain. Hot flashes during day and night. I can go 6 + months no period and bam have a period the next month or so then back to no period. Headaches are horrible

1 Like

It sounds like you have an issue with thyroid or adrenal glands. Get checked.

Could be menopause but you should check with your Dr

Get a professional diagnosis, everyone means well, but you need to see a doctor :pray:

Go to doctor…you never know…had my tunes cut and burned at 74.But in '93 I was pregnant in my tubes

See your gyn to get blood work to see if it is menopause or something else. Mine didn’t believe me after a total hysterectomy (1ovary left). I was :roll_eyes: duh I am counting 30 hot flashes well before lunch!
Blood work proved him wrong.

I dont think you’re going through the menopause as I put on weight but everyone’s different and think you should seek advice from your GP

I’d go to the doctor you could be pregnant could be menopause could be nothing could be something never know better to be safe then sorry

I think I read somewhere that menopause is when you have gone 12 months (a year) without a period. So you may be leading up to menopause/ be in pre menopause. I don’t recall significant weight loss as a side effect of menopause. You should probably contact your doctor. Hope all goes well

Thirty-eight when my last child was born. Get checked! I was about to have a procedure done in the Doctors office to my surprise they came back with a positive pregnancy test.

I thought i was on the menopause i had my son at nearly 41 he is 25 now

You could be pregnant…I believe you have to be period free for one year that means your in menopause.

My soon to be husband was a late in life baby. Lots of women get pregnant later in life. Go test just in case, but also see your doctor!

I’ve been in menopause since I was 45 years old. I’m now 58, yes for 13 years and it sucks. I’ve had all of your symptoms. When I went to my doctor at 45, he told me, no, I wasn’t in pre-menopause. Well, he was wrong and he admitted it. These are the signs of menopause however, you should go to your doctor to get tested. BTW, stay away from sweets especially chocolate and wine. If you continue to eat them, you will continue to have bad hot flashes. NOT GOOD! Good luck

Go to the doctor and see if you are with child. Its a seven year process, this menopause

I agree see your doctor but sounds like menopause

You need to see a doctor. You’re a little young to be going thru menopause.

Please go to the Dr. You shouldn’t be losing weight with menopause.

I wish I had that nothing like getting 3 times in 1 month. :sob: I thought you gain weight when going through it?

Menopause usually starts between 45 and 50

Go see a doctor rather than trying to get a diagnosis from a social platform.

I would have thought it more useful to speak to a person with medical knowledge rather than to the public.

Generally gain weight not lose.

This is too big an issue for public comment. Take a pregnancy test and see your gynecologist ASAP!! It can be other problems than the two you mentioned

Anytime you lose weight and are not trying to you should see a Dr

I think you should go see a doctor rather than getting advice on social media.

Go see a doctor and rule out other isdues but have a FSH test for hormone levels.

COULD you be pregnant? Because I got pregnant at 38

Definitely could be pregnant.

You definitely could be pregnant

My sister had her first baby at 42

Take a pregnancy test and you will know for sure

Could be pregnant could be something else go get checked

You could definitely be pregnant. See your doctor.

You have cancer. Go to the dr.

Go see a doctor & find out.

Take a pregnancy test ASAP

Please see a Dr. you don’t need someone who is not a Dr. telling you it may be or could be.

could be pre menopause

Sounds like it! But, make an appointment to see your OB/GYN Doctor.

Ask someone that actually graduated from medical school, preferably a OBGYN.

Talk with your medical care professional

You need to ask your doctor about these things. Not social media.

See your lady doc asap some of the signs of pregnancy later in our lives can mimic the signs of menopause! Have you thought to take a home pregnancy test??? I mean couldn’t hurt

Go see your doctor! Don‘t ask FB to diagnose you!

One way to find out. Facebook is not the place.

Go and see your doctor.

Your doctor should clear that with you .

Unprotected sex? High chance I may be knocked up if sooooo.

Take a pregnancy test.

Please see a doctor. Facebook is not the place to receive medical advice. I am not trying to be rude. Please take your health seriously. The weight loss is very scare especially if you were not trying to lose.

I dint think you lost weigh more put it on

Mabey you should see a Doctor !!!

Likely, peri menopause. Take it up with Gyno

Definitely signs of menopause or pregnancy.

Not an M.D. go to the doctor. Weight loss is concerned

Everyone is different. Talk to your PCP about this.

Welcome to the club. :crazy_face:

Go to the Doctor mot Facebook.

Get your ass to the dr.