What are your Thanksgiving traditions?

Make everyone write 7 reasons why they are thankful. Read them and guess who wrote them. Before and after dinner

Get a few family board games or puzzles. Do something as a family game

Well if you put up a christmas tree for Christmas…How about making Christmas oraments?

1 Like

Make it a no computer no phone no video game day get out some board games decorate some cookies.

1 Like

We play board games. There are a lot of really fun ones out there!

I am trying to find a game all my family members can play over zoom together

Have a board game night after the meal. Great way to spend family time not in front of a screen.

Game night? My husband, son and I love to play poker.

Normally a very big family celebration but this year it will a very small family celebration!

Games and a movie. Also a list from every person on what you are grateful for.

Watch old videos of family gathering or special events old movies! It’s a Wonderful Life! Miracle on 34th Street! Or funny movies! We used to watch Macy Thanksgiving Parade while Mom was in kitchen working on the meal! Now you can have the tv in your dining room! It’s a Shame no family conversations, no joining of hands and saying Grace, and no one to pay attention to one another because of the Electronic devices!

Have a Christmas movie marathon after dinner

Have family game night. No TV or electronics.

Depending on their ages, have each person plan a game or an art activity for the day.

Ginger bread houses?

2 Likes

Dress up
Use china, if you can
Have everyone say one thing they are grateful for
Play games

Hide some prizes and have a game of scavenger hunting.

1 Like

Small(8) gathering at my daughter’s house.

We usually play card games after everything is cleaned up. We have one card game that can take about 3 hours to play. Its a lot of fun.

We would play cards when my mother, oldest brother and his wife were with us. Those are long ago unfortunately. All 3 of them are gone.

Board games and cards always create fun. I just found a new puzzle too.

Card games board games does anybody play piano for Carol singing

Wouldn’t be Thanksgiving without the parade. Never miss it.

We usually make or paint ornaments

Make it game day. Get out the board games or buy a new game and play it. Scavenger hunt for a prize is fun. A gift card or something special.

make up a few plates and give them to someone who is alone

Decorate Christmas cookies, go to 5/3 ballpark and see the lights!

You could do a Christmas lights scavenger hunt go drive around and try and find all different kinds of decorations

Having my usual thanksgiving with all 3 of my family.

Go out in yard and toss a football sit in lawn chairs and raise a glass to all. Laugh and play other yard games. Just get outside breath in the crisp air and give The Glory to God for your small group of 4.

Maybe have every one make a dish themselves

Put a jigsaw puzzle together.

4 Likes

We are inviting my wifes brother and his gf over. Having dinner and then doing a mashup of video games and board games.

wow what a bunch of wuzzes this countries people have become,scary to see how easy it was to scare them to death

How about playing a game? Depending on the ages of the kids something like Scrabble or Gin Rummy/

No t.v.,or hand held devices,play a board game,so much fun,

Game night bring out some of the board games you use to play, have everyone make a dish this year let them find a recipe of there own. Look thru photos of family members and remember the good.

Include everyone by saying what they are thankful for. Make it fun n do vidoes.

1 Like

Is this a trick question, so the government can see who and who’s not complying, I won’t even answer this question !!!

Is this a client of yours Rose…?

Donate a prepared meal to a senior neighbor.

2 Likes

Board games or a puzzle? Cards?

I am not cancelling any damn thing and I will have my family , no one is promised a tomorrow and why live in fear with a virus of a 98% survival rate

1 Like

Include what everyone is thankful for. Make a game of it n play shrades

1 Like

Puzzle, games, movies, craft, wrap gifts, music

1 Like

We watch planes,trains,and automobiles in the evening,and play cards.and of course turkey sandwiches.

2 Likes

We are doing our normal thing with family and extended as well.

This year, us four will all cook, eat and relax the day away.

I’ll be working, just like my Mom 98% of the Holidays

My best advice would be to celebrate the holidays before moving onto the next one. That typically helps it feel like more than a normal day

1 Like

Try spending the day cooking together

I’m having the normal thanksgiving feast with my family. You never know when it will be the last time you see someone so enjoy life!!

1 Like

I will ne celebrating as usual. I prefer to see my family you never know what tomorrow will bring. So dont see your loved ones but remember the last time you saw them it may be your last time.
There is a 99.97 recovery for people that are not old and sick.

1 Like

I won’t live in fear…
Take the isolation and shove it up Fausi rear end.
This may be the last holidays some family has and I will not miss them. 99.5% survival rate.
I feel so sorry for you fear mongers as your day of reckoning will come.

Family games…the best!

I feel the same way maybe uno or rumicube I am bored already caus I know they w on’t want to do it

Have everyone dress up

We have no children so we will be home for the holidays

Thanksgiving morning we have cinnamon rolls and I try to get the whole family to watch the Macy’s parade but I guess this year its canceled. You could have the kids help cook. We also watch a Charlie Brown Thanksgiving and then Miracle on 34th Street.

Play at least one game together. Do a puzzle together. Watch one football game together.

We get together every year with family, eat too much, drink too much, and fight about politics and religion.

1 Like

Games are always fun

Dancing with the Turkey

Eat followed by board games. Repeat eat.

Play some games!
Pictionary is always fun

Dominos! Everyone can play.

Turn off the Wifi for the whole day and play board games…

1 Like

Watch your tons of movies of your kids through the years

Board games, make stuff

Don’t have any. No one wants to be around the black sheep of the family. Nothing to be thankful for

Just me. Kids far. covid near

Board games, yahtzee, boggle

None since my moma passed!!!

My son was born on Thanksgiving. This year it is on Thanksgiving. Our family of 5 will celebrate that

PlAy games, read togther, play dress up…etc

Break out the board games

Just me and my Hubby always.

Play board games, watch a movie, go for a walk

At my mom’s family we would sit around the dining table after the meL was over visiting and piecing on the servi g dishes until one of the aunts got up and said, “We should get out butts up, clear the table and get the dishes done or we will be snacking on these leftovers when it is time to go home.” We Ll got yo and tookeveruthing into the kitchen and those who knew what to do with the food put it away for out evening snack before desserts. All had their jobs to wash. Dey and put away the dishes if the meal. Because we usualky had 20 to 50 for a meal and sometimes more on a holiday, all the adults poylicked the sides, sakDs and desserts so my sunt and uncle didn’t need to fix all the food. They fixed the tirker or ham or Sunday fried ck
Hickens, noodkes and hi emade rolls and cinnamon rolls and any side they wanted but the rest of the meal was from all the familys coming for dinner and the teens learning to cook. After all was cleared and put away we visited and rotated in the all day Pinnacle game in the living room. The kids played in the house, later times in the downstairs bedroom added when grandma got ill and couldn’t climb the stairs. About 5 to 7 on school noghts and 7 to 9 in dummer the noodles were heated up and all leftovers set out on the kitchen table on the enclosed back porch or back room. We all got a dessert plate for an evening meal and used the same plate wiped clean for 1 or 2 of the pies or cakes and sometimes a jello dessert someone brought. After we washed abd cleared the leftovers and everyone got their dishes packed up folks started leaving. Those with kids in school left first in winter and slowly all left. My mom and aunt who fixed the rolls and noodkes were usually the last because they made sure everithing was clean and put away. In the beginning when I was young it was so grandma had things so she could get something for lunch next day because by then she sedom did much cooking and did less as she got older. My uncle lived with his parents and did much of the cooking. My mom and I cleaned the house almost every Sunday for her until grandma died and then it was done during the week. I never thought that cleani g a relatives house for them was an insult because we did it for several of the older relatives when we visited. We usually had small.kids so cleaning kept the youngest from dusting the floors with their tummys when crawling. May not listed all for my family memories but did list a lot. Now that I am the older generation and all those relatives are gone I miss those times. We have changed what we do for holidays even since mom passed in 1995.

Turn off all phones and watch a Christmas movie together.

Sheep alert! Boxcar, next?

Board games, Uno is always fun.
Have the family help.cook.

I am having Thanksgiving dinner with my family at our home where we always do. We are a family of 21. We have taken the necessary precautions through this whole ordeal and we aren’t stupid! If someone gets sick before this wonderful day arises they and most likely those they live with won’t be coming and the rest of us will miss not having them and we will pray for them and they will most likely recover as most everyone does. Pray for those in assisted living facilities who have been in lockdown since March! This thing has been very rough for them.

Well, my son is in Iraq, his wife will probably e with her family, which is as it should be. My oldest daughter family and kids are going to the other grandmas this year, so it will be just my husband, my middle daughter and me. Still cooking a big turkey and all the fixing. Good thing we all love the left overs.

1 Like

Thanksgiving is usually just me and my husband this year it will be with out my husband lost him March the 17th of this year

2 Likes

Play games, movie marathon, decorate gingerbread houses, Skype with loved ones, make special gifts for others like painting an ornament or baking and decorating cookies…
My kids are teenagers and we have loads of fun. We play games and get pretty silly. Once we built a fort and then watched movies in it. We sometimes have movie marathons where we snuggle on the couch in pjs and junk food for hours. Sometimes we find all the leftover candy from the year and make graham cracker ‘gingerbread’ houses and decorate with the old candy. We cook together. We skype with relatives far away…

I’m going to have a TV turkey dinner and cat will have a can of cat turkey and gravy. No dirty dishes, no leftovers it will be wonderful.

Large or small, it is Thanksgiving. Have your dinner. Enjoy yourself, and don’t worry. Let it ride. You will find out that you can do it
Make it also a cell phone, etc. free day.

One thing u have to drink the Turkey before u eat the Turkey wild Turkey for life an watch the parade an foot ball

Games for 4 or make handmade gifts for xmas

What would you do with larger group? DO IT!

To spend time with my family and friends I want to invite and enjoy it without worrying about Covid-19

Games, Christmas karaoke and invite friends and family to join by video chat FaceTime etc., buy some diy ornaments add to your decorations Happy holidays

Draw names for Gift exchange

Play some board games. Make it a device free day

1 Like

Play some board games or card games

My favorite Thanksgiving tradition is to make what I call Carnival apple pie. It’s a regular pie shell blind baked with caramel chips. And then the apple filling assorted chopped nuts are warmed in a pan over the stove with some extra brown sugar a little bit of rum or Amaretto if there are no children eating it and then at the last minute to toss in a few handfuls of mixed chocolate chips with the milk chocolate dark chocolate and white chocolate. And a few more handfuls of caramel. Throw them till they’re just starting to melt and then pour it into the pie shell. Cover the top with my usual lattice pattern. Paint the top an egg wash and sprinkle with brown sugar. Then baked as usual.

We usually watch the Garfield Thanksgiving special on DVD. When I am at my mom’s we usually watch the Charlie Brown Thanksgiving special. Are traditional games are gin rummy , War, trouble or sorry and Scrabble.
Screens are banned at our Thanksgiving. Except for watching the movie while we eat. No one touches the dessert bar until everyone is done eating. This year I will probably make pumpkin pie cheesecake. Just to have something different. The day after Thanksgiving is need modern holiday of wolfenoot. So I have towels to donate that need bagging up And bags of dog food to take to the shelter the next day. I will probably have thrift store on Black Friday or a cheap store like Five Below and get some dog chews and cat toys. I do not have a pet of my own this year. And because of covid-19 the donation drop will not involve petting puppies like I usually do.

Take time to say a word of thanks to our sweet lord above

Play board games, monoplay

I have to work so o well