What are your thoughts?

Ripped jeans are un professional

8 Likes

The manager is right. If anything that type of dress code would lesson your tip in my book it’s not professional.

9 Likes

Dress respectfully while working your new boss is correct

8 Likes

New manager. Abide by his rules.

7 Likes

Not sure what type of restaurant is or how casual it was in the first place but I don’t think they should have ever been… I’ve spent over 40 years in restaurants some really fine dining and some pretty scaled-back but if nothing else open Exposed Skin in the back of the house could easily get burned by hot coffee or hot items and in the front of the house no one really needs to be staring at the skin on your legs that bulges through the ripped jeans when the threads are going across the way they do in those pants which is what happens when they are worn too tight and you know somebody will wear them that way! Hopefully this new person is just trying to make it a little nicer place to eat

6 Likes

It’s the rule. Abide by it.

5 Likes

I don’t think ripped jeans are professional… as for guys staring is bs…

5 Likes

I agree with the new manager

7 Likes

I agree with the manger

5 Likes

Probably the young ladie. Might also help business and increase tips

New management new rules.

1 Like

Who cares seriously grow up an abide by the rules

3 Likes

Is this a real question? Follow the rules or find a new job :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

I agree with the manager, also if that was a dress code then you get paid to do a job and follow the rules :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Probably a reason why you have a new manager

3 Likes

I don’t want to look at anybody’s ripped jeans while I’m eating.

7 Likes

Whocares do what Ur told

4 Likes

I agree with the new management

3 Likes

Working in the public you should be dressed appropriately. Yoga pants and ripped jeans are not appropriate. I agree with your new boss.

5 Likes

the old boss leaves, the new boss rules. This is anywhere you work, especially if they have a turnover. You either do what the new boss says, or find a new job. Unless ownership doesn’t back the management up, then why bother having a manager? I honestly think it’s tacky and trashy but…

2 Likes

Wear clothes with no holes do your job and go home 🤷

3 Likes

I agree with the new management.
Ripped jeans are not professional looking. Ripped jeans are sloppy looking.

3 Likes

I think your boss is a jerk. I also think that’s still your BOSS and you need to follow rules and do what your told.

Follow management’s rules

1 Like

As a woman I wouldn’t want you to serve me in ripped jeans I don’t even like to see them on the street.

7 Likes

If it says anything in the handbook that you can have ripped jeans there’s nothing the new manager can stay for one reason it’s in the handbook use that before you handbook as a Bible I have several times

2 Likes

If your man is looking at another woman in yoga pants then thats a you problem lol…figure your own shit out

Agree with the new management

1 Like

Well, unless your working at hooters…

2 Likes

It’s a dress code … follow it :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Agree with Greer…you should follow management rules…ripped jeans are a fashion trend that should never have ever started.!!!

4 Likes

I think their reasoning sounded dumb, but most work places prefer clean, hole-less jeans.

2 Likes

Boohoo grow up so do what you are told not your restraught

It is their choice to change the rules and if you like your job you have to follow it, nothing else you can do…

1 Like

I’ve never been a fan of the ripped jeans look… it just looks sloppy

5 Likes

It’s a dress code, follow it or find another job. Most jobs do have dress regulations or uniforms.

4 Likes

I so believe the new manager needs to keep his opinions to himself. Keep it strictly biz

I agree that ripped jeans are not professional. Working with the public you should dress appropriately. We need to bring back professionalism

8 Likes

Professionalism with a hint of sexist nature

2 Likes

I go with the manager

4 Likes

What does this have to do with Momma problem’s?

I like ripped jeans, I think they look cute. If you manager doesn’t want you to wear them then get a few pair of jeans that aren’t ripped just for work. Maybe eventually you’ll end up with another manager who is ok with it

It’s one thing to not want ripped jeans it’s another to say it’s women’s fault people stare at them and act like it’s anyone’s responsibility to keep men’s eyes off of women.

2 Likes

I dont think either is professional looking in a restaurant setting.

7 Likes

If you want your job, follow dress code

5 Likes

Just dress the way your manager tells you to

4 Likes

Ripped jeans and yoga pants are tacky in a professional setting. It’s work, dress appropriately for work or find another job.

16 Likes

His reasoning is inappropriate, he should have kept that opinion to himself. But, dress code is dress code, you’re the one who is asking for the job, they are the one giving you conditions to earn the money.

4 Likes

Wow…at least he isn’t one of those managers that exploit their female employees, making you dress sexy to draw in more customers. Kinda nice to hear for a change!!:woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Any jeans are inappropriate. I would make it something like black pants and a collar shirt- a color that blends with decor. Not sure type of restaurant but most have “uniforms”.

2 Likes

Unfortunately we don’t have a lot of rights as far as dress code is concerned.

1 Like

God gave us eyes to see…. So a man is going to look at whatever a man what’s to look at…. His dress code is his dress you have to follow it no matter what we feel or think no matter what his reasoning behind the change is

2 Likes

His attitude is sensitive and outdated, men are responsible for their behaviour not your clothes.

4 Likes

Them are not work clothes them r chill at home with ur husband pants dress right or get fired

3 Likes

Easy fix… You knew that was the dressed code follow it or get a new job.

2 Likes

Some people definitely don’t need to be wearing yoga pants and revealing junk. Ripped jeans is cool for the playground, but sloppy in the workplace.

5 Likes

Back to the being about the lack of self control on a man! Nah lame ass excuse, we’re not in high school if you can’t control your penis then stay home!

It is the employer’s right to choose a dress code unless it is so egregious that no decent person would wear it. His is not an unusual request. I support it though I have a few problems with his reasons. Anyway, buy yourself some nice black slacks and leave the ripped jeans for trash pick-up. This is 2022 - we shouldn’t have to wear torn clothing in public.

Omg it’s a restaurant! Honestly who cares her pants have nothing to do with her ability to work and it obviously was never a problem who ever is agreeing with the new manger are the women whos pervert husbands are staring at women working

2 Likes

You’re new manager has issues.

4 Likes

The mamager just should have stated ripped jeans are simply not professional attire and thst they would be enforcing the dress code. The affed comment anout husbands watching ripped jeans was uncalled for.

2 Likes

Unless you work at Hooters… buy some unripped pants.

Funny… when i was younger, ripped holey jeans were immediately fixed with a patch… clothes look un kept with holes

New guys wants to makes things better as he should. He is your boss and his request is reasonable.

1 Like

Dress code made by the boss. If you don’t like it, get another job

1 Like

New boss new dress code.

1 Like