What can cause bleeding after sex in late pregnancy?

Why post here? Go to the emergency room, dumbass!!!

Call your OB, it’s better safe than sorry.

Your ob would have told you a while ago if you had placenta previa so I wouldn’t worry about that. Sounds like maybe a mucus plug but could be a number of other things. I personally trusted my doctor with everything so I say do what your OB says.

Best getting checked hun I wouldn’t leave it especially if there is quite a bit of blood x

I started bleeding after sex late in pregnancy, I went to the hospital and it turned out I was 5cm dilated and In early labor

You can actually call your planned birthing unit & they will give you all the advice you need. Tell them your symptoms & what you were doing before they had started. They will give you the best advice & they will also contact your OB if you do need to come in.

could be your cervix having lowered to accommodate baby, if you were to have pushed up against it, it can cause bleeding

1 Like

I had a detached tore Placentia. I went pee and there a a bit of blood. My blood mixed with my daughters at 32 weeks. Our blood mixed so I had a emergency c-section.

I had period like bleeding for almost my entire 2nd pregnancy. They never really gave me a straight answer as to why other than it was because I was fat. But he was born a perfectly healthy 7lb 9oz baby

1 Like

Goto Dr or hospital. I have experienced this and it ended up being unrelated to my pregnancy but you’re better safe than sorry

I was 37 weeks with my son when I had him. I had sex and bled after, a few days later my water leaked all day (with a pinkish color) without me knowing. I went in that night and I had to be induced since he was procrastinating. Lol

You may have lost your mucus plug which usually happens a couple of weeks before birth! This happened to me too xxx

Happens with me and the hubs, ob said it was basically just my cervix getting irritated by ‘the act’ but as long as it doesn’t continue and doesn’t have any pain/cramping to not worry much about it.

4 Likes

I’ve always been told any bleeding (regardless of cause), waters breaking etc to head straight to l&d.
Personally I don’t like the idea of seeing blood when pregnant. Worries me sick so I would definitely be going to get checked.
Although it could be nothing, it also could be signaling an issue.

I’m only 14 weeks pregnant and sneezed 2 weeks ago and quite alot of blood came out but stopped straight away and was just spotting for the night, I had an emergency ultrasound and I have 2 bleeds one placental and one between the sac and the uterus :pensive: I previously had a placental abruption at 33 weeks 2 years ago and lost my baby boy at 4 days old. I’m currently a very high risk pregnancy this time also. I would definitely go strait to Emergency. It could be something very dangerous and if it’s nothing at least you know bubs ok :heart: good luck

Anytime there is blood during pregnancy, ESPECIALLY a significant amount, should be checked out. Just in case. The best thing would be for them to check, everything is fine, & you yet sent home. But do get checked. This can mean so many things & it could be as little as your cervix is just sensitive at this point or something much worse. Go get checked mama.

I experienced this after intercourse also with my second pregnancy … went to the hospital and they said the intercourse had caused the cervical tear from my first delivery to reopen.

I had bleeding right before I went into labor I would definitely go get checked out

Always safe to check. I had a scare with my second child. Rather be told all iz ok, than risk your baby

i think any amount of bleeding is prob cause for concern and you should be calling your doctor or going to the hospital rather than be asking people on fb just because their bleeding turned out to not be an issue could be for you

Call your ob if it worries you explain everything beats making an unnecessary trip and it’ll ease your mind

I would go to the hospital or call my OB, keep checking on the baby movement that it doesn’t stop

This happened to me at 34 weeks! I didn’t want to go to the hospital, but my fiance made me. Thank God he did! I ahd a tear in my cervix. They had to induce me. If I wouldn’t have gone, and they wouldn’t have made the decision to induce me I would’ve lost my baby. Go to the hospital!

My advice is to call a doctor

Seriously … call your Dr!!! That’s the 1st thing I would have done. Why are you asking people online?

Your plug may come out soon baby is coming soon

There’s lots of blood vessels down there that are easy to rupture
Light bleeding is normal but being that far along I would go in and be checked out.

Call your Dr? Instead of asking strangers on the internet

Go get checked momma :heart:

I would have called a doctor at the first sight of blood

This happened to me every time we had intercourse while I was pregnant with both of my kids. Your cervix has more blood going to it while you’re pregnant and it gets softer too. For me it was normal, but all pregnancies are different. It never put me in premature labor. It’s always safe to call your OBGYN to make sure everything is okay.

I would call and ask so they can decide if you need to be seen. As long as baby is moving I wouldn’t be that concerned but you should definitely call and ask.

I would at least call your Dr or the Er