What can I do about my childs grandparents posting them on social media?

block them on everything

Forgive them so you can have peace in your heart

Report to Facebook and block them.

Report the images, duh.

Simple you block them!

I don’t post my kids on social media for this reason. Smh :woman_facepalming:t4:

Hit that block button momma

1 Like

Report the photos n block them

2 Likes

Report every picture they post

14 Likes

Block them on all social media accounts

6 Likes

I think the things you said about your children’s grandparents is horrible. Whether what you said is true or not - it just isn’t right - talking about their grandparents that way. I wonder if the reason they don’t see them is because you will not let them! Let the children make up their own minds as they get older. Children deserve all the love they can get - even if it is from your in-laws who you evidently don’t approve of. I refuse to print what I think of a person that deprives their children of their grandparents love. I bet you are not perfect!!! Karma is a bitch - enjoy it when it comes your way!

You don’t know how they feel. They have reasons for drug problems, but they’re still the grandparents and live in their minds. They probably know they’re just not good influences, hence drugs… just a thought

1 Like

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. What can I do about my childs grandparents posting them on social media? - Mamas Uncut

Tell them the truth. Tell them how you feel. That you aren’t comfortable with them posting pictures of the kids . And don’t send them any pictures either .

Stop giving them photos. If they are getting them from others, stop giving those people photos.

2 Likes

Well they got the photos some how… :tipping_hand_woman:t4:

1 Like

Repost the pictures over and over again.

Block them from facebook.

I blocked anyone and everyone associated with them and then STILL keep as much private as possible!

I had my mom blocked so she can’t see my kids pictures when I post because my troubled brother has access to her account.

4 Likes

You should be able to flag the pictures as your property and get them removed, also block them and their friends from seeing your pages and pictures, x

7 Likes

I had a “family” member do that and I refuse to put any more picture of my children’s faces online. Honestly it’s the best policy because you never know who else can see your photos even when sharing with your friends (they have the ability to save to their phone and then share the photo elsewhere) and we have so many creeps in the world today.

6 Likes

How do they get their photos?? Completely cut them out.

2 Likes

I straight up blocked or unfriended my exs family members because of the type of people they are and have proven themselves to be for the safety of my child, itd be a good idea to do that if you really dint wsnt them having anything to do with your kids

I’ve seen individuals watermark their photos so that others are less tempted to steal them and pass them off as their own.

2 Likes

Report the pictures and ask your friends to do the same.

1 Like

First how are they getting there pics if they have nothing to do with them. Secondly if there is a restraining order in place they have to take all pics down if you ask for it in the order and it’s granted

5 Likes

First thing is make all your pictures private and block them. Stop the source of their pictures.

Tell them they do not have permission to post your child’s image. Then report it.

1 Like

Report all their pictures.
Then get a friend or two to report them as well.
Just keep doing it

1 Like

You can report someone having pictures of your minor on their fb to fb support. They’ll remove them.

1 Like

I’ve seen where moms put a watermark on their photos before posting

Something like their name or Instagram accts etc

Set your account to friends only. Report any photo with your kids in them. It’ll ask why. Click something else and then select ‘sharing private photos’.

8 Likes

Report the pics they have already posted and they should be removed by Facebook admin and don’t allow them access to any more pics of the kids xx

You can actuallt make a report on Facebook if you want to go that route. NO ONE posts my kids without my permission first.

1 Like

WHO is giving them access to the pictures? Cut them off at the pass and block that route.

6 Likes

Stop posting online, that’s honestly the only way really to completely stop it.

5 Likes

When you post pics edit the privacy to where they can’t see them

the grandparents must be proud of them…i post pics of my babies all the time

3 Likes

There’s an option to post pictures on your post (not profile pic) where you can block certain people from seeing them. If you post them as your profile pic everybody can see them.

1 Like

You can report it on Facebook and have the pictures removed because your child is a minor.

I’ve done this hundreds of times. My MIL is not in our life, never even met our youngest son that’s 2.5 years old but yet steals pictures from other family members to post of them acting like she’s this great grandma!

3 Likes

Report the picture every time they post em

Doing drugs doesn’t make you a bad person, people lose their way sometimes. They could just be proud but embarrassed or don’t want that around them either. Addiction not easy to past, but I’ve never been in this situation so just an opinion from the outside. Just don’t deny them that right to see family if it’s not hurting the child. You’ll do more damage to a kid who doesn’t feel he has family because you kept them away.

2 Likes

This is how i feel about my kids dad.

So because a person does drugs that automatically makes them bad and horrible people?

Maybe give a bit more information cause honestly you just painting 2% of the picture!

My sons father who does drugs and doesn’t see his son at all, is 100% entitled to have a photos of his son on his profile picture… drugs or not he is still family!!

2 Likes

Block them and don’t post anything only send them to people who want to see the photos and won’t share them with the grandparents. My kids dad if u would even call him that will ask me for pics once every couple months . I used to send him pics but I stopped because he hasn’t seen them in over 3 years and has no contact with them at all but likes to post their pics on fb acting like he’s involved and telling people the only reason he isn’t is because I don’t let him :woman_facepalming: if people want to see my kids they will make the effort

I’ve been cut out of my grandchildren’s lives (without any substance abuse involved) due to my daughter’s being brainwashed by her control freak bf and unfounded, unsubstantiated, false accusations. She hates me and curses me, although I was a good and loving mom to her. It’s been over 13 years now. Sadly, I’ve learned to live without her, and there is no longer a place for her in my life. Our wills and designated beneficiaries have been changed to reflect this sad fact. My days of grieving are long past.

1 Like

Once my child’s safety and privacy are at risk, I no longer allow those people to have pictures of them. I have strict boundaries for my child with my family. I won’t hesitate to call them out for it and remove them for overstepping/ disrespecting mine and my husbands wishes. Their title to my child doesn’t make them entitled to my child. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::woman_shrugging:

Block them on your social media and don’t share photos

I’m the same problem with my mom I don’t post photos of my granddaughter for the world to see although I have them on my Facebook and private albums. My mother is mentally ill with constant ramblings and videos on Facebook and YouTube, and then has my picture with my granddaughter as her main profile picture. It absolutely drives me up the wall people look at her picture and think those ramblings are me and then there’s my granddaughter’s photo in it.makes me so mad.

Stop giving them access to pictures .

Block them from anyway to get future photos. Lock your profile down as private as you can. Block them on social media. Only way to stop it is if they can’t get the photos. If someone on any of your social your profiles are friends with them and you think think would share their photos block them too, or set it up to keep all photos private from them also.

4 Likes

You could block them, but even on private settings, people can still access photos. The best way to do it is not to post pictures of your children on the internet period. If you feel the need to share, do it via private message or in a group message.

2 Likes

Block them so they dont have access to your photos?

I’m just curious as to how them useing the pictures as a profile pic is hurting anyone? Maybe that’s only good thing in their lives, as long as they aren’t useing the pictures to do ungodly things just let it be!!! #maturity #bekind #

5 Likes

Get a lawyer and file a cease and desist order

5 Likes

How are they getting the pictures they use?

Unbefriend on facebook change setting on who can see your profile and pictures