What can I do about my childs grandparents posting them on social media?

Personally I would stop posting your kids on social media entirely and only share photos of your kids personally or in controlled groups, different photos to each group etc so you can figure out whose sending them photos and block them as well.

1 Like

For one I’d block them. Also I put all the pictures of my kids into a private album so it can’t be shared and can only be seen by my direct friends. Could also limit the amount of pictures you put on Facebook. I slowed down on my pictures when I had issues of people sharing them against my wishes. I’m able to share as much as I want to now but it took like a year to settle down. Now I have no issues though.

1 Like

You can report it to Facebook and Facebook will take it down.

Report all the pictures that are on their fb ad stolen and write them a letter telling them how you feel

Its their grandparents, show some love :heart:

Report them for using the pictures then block them.

Block them. Thats all you can do.

If you block them and any mutual friends then they won’t get pictures of your kids.
I try to get pics of my step daughter for my husband because she stole his daughter away. Because they were never married he never had actual rights. He had her every weekend since she was 4 days old. Until the mom met me and thought, maybe I was going to try and play mommy. But I was already a mom. Only think I can think of was she knew she was unstable in her life and was scared that someone with her ex who was would take her daughter. Which I was not about and if she had given me a chance to talk to her she would of learned that. My ex’s wife tried playing mommy till she had her own kids then understood why I wouldn’t let my son call her mommy. She hadn’t earned that title yet.
So blocking is the only way to keep pics safe.

Report to FB and block them from being able to see your profile

You can report their photos to fb.

Block them and make your photos private

Block and delete them so they won’t have access to anymore, other than that I don’t think you can do much else. My FIL has a giant tattoo of my daughters name on this arm, even though he has nothing to do with her, it’s annoying and super weird but there’s nothing I can do about it

report the picture as yours and fb will take them down

Keep your Facebook small with people you trust. If you want to make a picture of your kids as your profile picture put the settings to “friends only” which keeps them saving the pictures AND clicking on it to enlarge it to screenshot it. Do not post them on your cover photo. That can’t be made private. Also block them and make a post about no one is allowed.to share your pictures with anyone or they will be deleted. If you ever assume someone is post a picture and on the settings make it so only that one person can see it. If u see it been posted you know it was that one person who stole it because only they could see it. I know all this from experience. My daughter’s father would steal my daughter’s pictures and doesn’t even come visit her. it is not ok for someone who isn’t in the kids life to pretend like they are. Good luck :heart:

Have had an issue like this except it wasn’t family and i had a restraining order on the person unfortunately things like that don’t go against facebooks community standards although it should under certain circumstances watch what you post make all pictures of your children private and don’t add people you don’t want seeing what you post or simply delete facebook

Block them off all social media and don’t allow contact

Report them to the social media site and block them on all platforms

They’ll always find a way to get a picture. Creating fake pages, snooping on others pages. Making friends with your friends just to get pictures. There would be nothing you could do besides not posting them at all and deleting your page. People did shady shit to get pictures of me as a kid.

Follow the legal way. Otherwise nothing can be done.

Where are they getting the pics from? Report photo as not theirs. Unfriend them or at least restrict them from setting what you post so they can’t see your photos.

Man I tried SO hard to get the picture of my youngest removed from my boyfriend’s father’s page. He hasn’t been allowed around us since before she was born, except twice since she’s been born and one of those is because they showed up unannounced one day while my boyfriend was at work and just walked in the door. Facebook wouldn’t take it down. You’d think they’d be a hell of a lot better about that sort of thing. Not to mention, his father’s privacy settings have everything public. I keep my friend’s list locked down tight for a reason, of course I don’t want just anybody to be able to see my children’s photos.

Block them. Block anybody who provides them photos too. You can report the posted photos on their wall to FB as well

I just let them… They arent around for his milestones. You are.
Just ignore them, if it bothers you I think you can make your pictures to exclude them from seeing it…

I wonder if you can report them?

You can report the picture

Tell them to take it down and report the pic and then block them

I have the same issue with my mom and grandma. Have nothing to do with us but somehow thinks it’s ok to find pictures and post them as if they are loving.

I always reported the pictures and blocked their profile

Lol my dad used a picture of him and my son on a bikers dating web site :laughing:

It’s actually illegal to post pictures of peoples kids without permission family or not especially if you don’t have relations with that family. Posting pics and providing personal information is called doxxing. I would ask them to remove them if they refuse take more actions

Make pictures private/ there something there where they can’t share or save them… I can’t remember

You can report their photos to Facebook, someone created a page and used my kids as a cover photo. Facebook removed it. Facebook could possibly remove their photos or make them remove?

1 Like

tell them to take it down

I have had to block my mom and not post any pictures publically. I got a restraining order against her but that won’t stop her from posting the pics she had unfortunately:/
I’d suggest making your profiles private if you haven’t already

I just want to know what’s so funny about this

6 Likes

Block them on everything lock down your facbook security so only friends can see. And go no contact

Sorry to say this but no judge will be giving u an order because they aren’t doing anything wrong. Simple answer would be to block them or stop sharing pics of ur kids other then that u cant do anything about it.

Also I hope u aren’t saying bad things because they are addicts. Sadly ppl struggle with addiction but doesn’t make anyone bad! Mayne educate ur self about addiction!

Block them on social media, block anyone who cannot respect your boundaries and lock your pages up so no one can share your pictures

Not really anything you can do about that . .

Set your profile to only friends and pics to only you that way they can’t have access to them

Where do they get the pictures?

my mother does the same, just ignore I think is best.

Block them so they can’t get anymore of your pics. If they do, you won’t have to see it!

Go thru facebook facebook can have them taken down if you prove they are your kids. Thats what i had to do

1 Like

Block them and they can’t even see your facebook

Block them so they can’t steal anymore pics and just ignore them.

How did they get their picture

Kid wouldn’t exist without them :joy:

Block them. Your profile should be on private as well.

contact FB, let them know, there ARE ways you CAN have them blocked and removed by FB…you don’t have to deal with THAT nonsense. Children are not to be used as a bargaining chip, a threat, an excuse, or be palstered across social media if they are MINORS!!! Hands off grandparents or you will lose you legal rights if mama bear puts this in the courts hands!

Good god, can we please change the narrative that FAMILY IS FAMILY no matter the toxic, illegal and dangerous shit they do? Some of these comments are ridiculous.
You do NOT need to accept this shitty behaviour and keep shitty people in your child/rens life because they are blood. :roll_eyes: calling this lady bitter. Shame on you.

’ who cares they’re just friends with a bunch of druggies, they are the grandparents ’ lame.

Lock down your profile. Block them. Block anybody who would share pictures. Trt and report the ones they have. . And move on, <3

Tie them up and leave them in the desert to rot …that or grow the fuck up and stop complaining :man_shrugging:
Choice is yours

1 Like

Block them and they can’t get no pics

Cut all ties with them and block them on every social media account. When you post pics make sure the privacy settings are set to only friends. For sure get that restraining order. As for getting the pictures down, get in touch with the site to get them taken off. Or you could probably even take legal actions against them for the pictures if it is possible where you are at.

24 Likes

You mean those are their horrible grandparents. Frm the way you sound you wouldnt let em be involved if they tried! Its a picture🤷🏽‍♀️i dnt see the problem unless you dnt post them on social media. If you dnt post them then I understand because i dont pt my kids on adult apps bt if you post them chill no matter hw you feel theyre family

7 Likes

Block them on all social media and if you post photos you can choose what people can’t see the post so if there is anyone on your page that you feel would send them photos exclude them from the post.

3 Likes

Don’t post your kids pics for them to get a hold of if its that big of a deal.

4 Likes

I don’t post my kids on Facebook, (unless it’s not their faces) and I don’t allow anyone else to do so. It was really accepted by everyone in the family as all we had to say was “we know you love these guys and wanna show them off but for their safety and privacy, we are asking everyone to not post their pictures.” We allow them to talk about them and such, but no pictures. We also don’t share their pictures which I think really helps them understand that this is not a control thing, simply safety of these most precious people!!

Remember, if anyone has a problem with that request, that’s on them. Not your deal to deal with or worry about! Do you!

1 Like

Stop allowing them to have access to photos. You can also use the FB report function to report photos that other people use of you. I think this should go for your children as well. Block them on all accounts

2 Likes

If they cant respect your wishes then they dont need to see them till they do. Im that mom who will drop anyone over my kids. I dont play. Block them on social and dont send them pics at all

Don’t put out anymore pictures of your kids on social media that way they don’t have a way to use those pictures

well theres not really much u cant do now. and a restraining order cause they got there grandkids pictures on fb isn gonna work lol u keep everything private and block them on every platform. n if they still keep getting newer pictures u find out who the sourse is and cut them out

Block them and anyone that are their allies that could steal photos for them. Make everything private as well. Also make a status on Facebook maybe that anyone who sends them stuff will be removed for your and your children’s lives. Make it very apparent that your kids are not involved with them and vice versa

before you talk about the two by 4 in someone else’s eye, remove the one in yours. So what their toxic! It’s a picture! It may be the only hope that they have!

Would like to.know more about the situation to be honest before knowing what I would do …

1 Like

Then don’t associate with them. You don’t really have a say as to what they do or do not choose to post.

Quit sending them pictures and block them.

5 Likes

Sadly you can’t do anything bc you are posting it on a public platform

Id make my Facebook page as private as you can. Add a watermark on the pictures. However other family members can also give out the kids pictures. There’s not too much you can do for that. Good luck

Tell them to stop and if they don’t, file a report with Facebook stating they don’t have your permission to post minor kids. Or block them so they don’t see pictures.

How are they getting the pictures?!

Step 1
Sign into your Facebook account and navigate to the Report a Privacy Rights Violation page (see Resources.)

Step 2
Click “Photo” and choose the type of photo you’re reporting.

Step 3
Mark the appropriate box to let Facebook know whether you’re in the United States or elsewhere in the world.

Step 4
Choose whose rights are being violated from a list, and then indicate whether your child is younger than 13 or older.

Paste a link to the picture you’re reporting in the blank provided. Include your name and check the box indicating that you’re the parent, legal guardian or someone with parental rights to the child in question. Click “Send” to transmit your request.

How are they getting these pictures?

You can create a setting that excludes them from viewing

Stop letting them have pictures of your children. Simple.

2 Likes

Block ALL avenues of how they get through to access of the photos

Block them and report their post

Report the photo. And block who can only view your photos

Report it to Facebook under them stealing your pictures

Get a watermark app. Put across the face or somewhere hard to crop. Your name and “do not copy/share”

When others complain say “as soon as you stop sharing with so and so (who you should have already blocked from seeing anything from you) I will stop watermarks.”

Also don’t tag others on the photos. Because then you blocking them is useless because if they’re friends with the person you tag or their profile is not private they can see.

Just be annoying and petty.:woman_shrugging:

Fix it. Get an Attorney.

Report all the photos as your photos

I can understand why I would kiss you off, hypocrites

Report their page and block your pics and block all their pages.

Report and block them!!

I completely understand!!!

Block them then report harassment

Yup I say report them

Block them on Facebook

Block them on Facebook

Report the pics to fb

Just block them completely

Report the profile as fraud, trying to be someone else. Facebook shuts off the whole profile :woman_shrugging: oops

Delete them off your social media. And make your page private.

1 Like

Block them to begin with.

Remove them from your Facebook page it’s that simple

Report their azz
Block off all contacts.
I did. Frfr

Report the pictures to Facebook

Reported to Facebook and send them the proper paperwork and they will have them removed

Put your profile on private so they can’t see the pictures