What can I do for a picky 4 year old?

Here’s what I don’t get. Why make things he won’t eat and doesn’t like. He’s 4. It’s better that he eats and gets nutrition then expands his culinary horizons. That just sounds stupid typing it. If you’re cooking anyway how hard is it to no put sauce on his or to throw a chicken breast on the grill instead of steak or whatever. It’s not that hard. You don’t have to cater to him but why make him go to bed hungry and upset over food? It’s just food and you are starting a pattern of an unhealthy relationship with food if you’re willing to fight over something silly.

My kids are picky. My youngest is two and the worse. He has Autism. I am happy as long as he eat.

Nope. People told me to do that to my kids when they were little and I couldn’t do it. How do you go to bed with food in your stomach while your child struggles to sleep from being hungry

We have the 3 bite rule. Try 3 bites if you don’t like it then you can have something else.

As long as they eat something.it may not be what you want them to eat.kids go thru stages .talk to Doctor.maybe a medical problem. But please dont send them to bed hungry.

You’re not willing to make him what he eats and send him to bed hungry? He’s 4.

Let him eat what he wants. My daughter was like that. AND now she she eat everything :grinning::sunglasses:

Me either. You are right

1 Like

My 1st 3 kids wer great eaters my youngest is a night mare, he gets same dinner as rest of us put down to him in the hope he will try it but give him a plate of things he will eat, he has huge tonsils and a lot of infections so I presume since weaning he maybe only feels safe eating a limited few things , I learned that he will go hungry if he doesn’t get his preferred foods so saying kids will not go hungry is a lot of crap iv seen my son not eating for days

My son eats 7 things I have up fighting him to eat different things he is so stubborn he will go to bed hungry every night if I did that. We tried didnt work for him. Even his ped dr said just let him go he will grow out of it. I still serve him what we eat for dinner and have his nuggets as back up