What can I do to relieve morning sickness?

I had it horribly for 3 months. I found a banana at least tastes the same coming up as it did going down. The dr prescribed meds and after I read all the side effects I nvr threw up again

Nauseous for the first 6 months from the minute I woke up until the minute I went to sleep at night. The only thing I was able to eat was cereal and cold milk

Short of taking anti-nausea meds, which I tried with our last, didn’t help, me. 1st kid , everything came up, everything… I think I found one food that was okay, for me. Next kids, I was outside everyday, all day, so for me I learned to time it, like I knew first thing I drank or ate, would come up, so I made sure it was water, first. Milk is the worst😅. Then I figured the other times… And tried to plan for water first, then meals. I throw up till day baby pops out, every single pregnancy, so, trust me I tried every wives tale, of what helps… Didn’t work for me… I could only hope for the best. The anti-nausea only had me dry heaving, which was worse. I lost 20+ lbs with one, but baby was a perfect weight. Good luck.

I kept a snack drawer beside my bed. Graham crackers, crackers, pretzels, granola bars. Something light. I had to eat before I even got out of bed or I would puke. Small sips of drinks. Yea, ginger ale, apple juice. Eat multiple small meals every 2 hours or so… snacks… healthy snacks. If that doesn’t work, your doctor could give you zofron (medicine to help with nausea)

Salt and vinegar chips was my go to for morning sickness

I had severe morning sickness with the first.
Hyperemesis with the second!
What helped some with the fist pregnancy was peppermint tea, ginger ale and having saltines by the bed. I had read long ago that eating some saltines before you get out of bed can help with morning sickness and nausea.

If you can’t keep water down you may have a severe form of morning sickness called hyperemesis. If that’s the case you will need dr prescribed nausea medications and IV fluids for hydration.

The only thing that helped me was a banana as soon as I woke up. Then about an hour or so after I was completely fine.

Saltine crackers next to the bed and eat some before your feet ever hit the floor

Saltine Crackers plain with no salt and 7up. I was just like that through every pregnancy. I lost weight. One I even weighed less the day of delivery then I did when I got pregnant. I walked out of the hospital 115 lbs. The nausea got better around six months along

You sound like me on my first pregnancy. I was sick every day 24/7 and I worked. I did 7up and crackers, cinnamon crackers, chicken broth, peppermint sticks. Good Luck.

Peppermint in any form, motion sickness gum (basically just ginger in gum form, so beware the flavor)

i sucked on lemons, lemons with water, and oats dry cereal in small amounts. basically you just suffer through it 🥲

Unisom at night and vitamin B6 as needed worked wonders for me.

Nothing worked for me either but I did discover at 8months that coffee helped some. I hated coffee prior.

I had chocolate milk and watermelon for 90% of my pregnancy

Im sorry hopefully it goes away❤️for me it didn’t I threw up even while in labor.
But I do have a tip that seemed to work for me: the best thing I can tell you is I tried Italian ice :ice_cube: and it would actually settle my stomach. I had to scoop it while laying down before getting out of bed and then try to eat whatever stayed down like fruit and veggies.

B12 and unisom. It worked for me, at least enough to keep soup down. Still lost almost 30 pound in the first trimester. Good luck

I feel ya I was that way for months with my 3rd baby…nothing helped…I just had to tough it out…

Sour things like limes and sour candies was the only thing that helped

I was told. Before you feet hits the floor. Eat some saltine crackers

I did orange juice and saltine crackers

I had that for 9 months. I weighed less when I had her then when I got pregnant for her. I ended up with malnutrition and had to stay in the hospital for 10 days.

I ate 2 crackers every morning they absorb the acid

1 Like

Vitamin b6 and unisom. Preggie pops ice cold ginger ale and McDonald’s French fries

Peppermint tea or put peppermint candys in water

I always had to have zofran. Some doctors won’t prescribeit but I was so sick I couldn’t even take prenatals. I had to take it the entire time and if I didn’t I couldn’t even eat a cracker without throwing up.

I sucked on lemon wedges. Kept a ziploc bag full of them on me at all times.

Unisome and B6. Its over the counter and works like raglan. If it doesn’t stop go see a doc asap for hyperemesis gravidarum (HG)
Zofran works miracles. After that is a wearable pump.

1 Like

Seagrams was my everything

Sea Bands for motion sickness

Ginger root pills only thing that helped me.

Ask your doctor to prescribe you Zofran, drink Schweppes ginger ale and eat salt n sour chips

Dr told me to keep acravker it two by the bed and rat them as soon as I woke up Old wives tale but it worked

Ginger ale ginger root just ginger lol I could do the smell of any food and I couldn’t eat meat the entire time :face_vomiting::sob: in no way was it voluntary :disappointed: but over all soda crackers ginger ale and water with no food around :ok_hand:t2:

Unisom (old formula) and vitamin b12

Try saltine crackers with ginger ale soda

3 Likes

McDonald’s coke helped me, but you can only have one a day. Also sucking on peppermints.

Trident Spearmint gum.

ginger tea, homemade ginger soda or candied ginger.

2 Likes

Pickle juice is great for nausea

1 Like

Peppermint!! I loved off Peppermint candies for the first few months.

Diclegis is a prescription for nausea too! Worked for me

I would mention to gp if you can’t keep anything down.

Ask for diclegis. It’s made for pregnancy and was a life saver for me!

Drink sweet tea (hot or cold)and suck on peppermint candy. They worked like a charm for me.

1 Like

Apple and ginger tea it helped me allot

Unisom and vitamin b complex…and lots of water!

1 Like

My doctor prescribed me Zofran. It was a life saver.

I ate dry cereal every morning, it helped so much

Ask your dr to prescribe you Zofran

4 Likes

Pickles and peppermints helped me.

Talk to your ob bc they can give you something to help keep your nutrients in.

Eating crackers before moving at all in the morning.

Vitamin b-6 and unisom take it at night. Hydration helps too.

Lays plain potatoes chips is awesome for nausea.just a few

Heineken 0 non alkie beers helped me a lot! Have them chilled with some saltines

Ginger nut biscuits saved my life with morning sickness

They make a medicine that helps with it. Just ask your doctor

Peppermints helped me

Chips helped me to start the day.

sour things but I liked peggy drops

Eating protein before bed

Try chewing a small piece of ginger root

Try saltine crackers

Saltines before you even get out of bed

Ginger chews from Rite Aide and peppermints.

Hot tea,lemon candy,ginger tea or candy

Ginger snaps helped me

I take Gravol Ginger. Only thing that helps me

That was me, I had to get anti nausea medicine

Half a tab of unisom and vitamin b6

BOIL lemon water with ginger root…
Only thing that worked for me

Saltines and applesauce

Suck on a starlight mint

Preggie pops worked miracles for me. I also was on Diclegis… ask your Doctor for it! I was horribly sick I lost 25 pounds from being sick all day every day! I have tried about all the things mentioned here but these two cured it for me! Don’t be afraid to ask for other scripts if one doesn’t work for you!

1 Like

Ginger really helped me

Diclectin from conception to birth.
So sick for both of my pregnancies.

Honestly, im not an “essential oil” person, but the lavender one did wonders. I sniffed it a few times when I start feeling sick.it would keep me from spilling my guts. It helped almost instantly. Then I had to get on meds on the third trimester. But it worked.

Preggo pops helped me a lot along with ice cold lemon water to sip on all day. Unisom + b6 taken at night helped soooo much too! It’s the over the counter version of the nausea meds the prescribe in pregnancy.

I used to keep ginger ale and saltines on my nightstand and when I woke up the first thing I did was shove the crackers in my mouth then sip on my ginger ale.

1 Like

Ginger candies helped me! I bought the gingins (either hard or soft) and they are meant for upset stomachs

I survived a lot on fruit out of a can or the prepackaged containers (pears, peaches, mixed fruit, etc) as snacks. It really helps to ensure sure you aren’t dehydrated too as fruit has lots of water. But occasionally having ginger helps with nausea too just don’t overdo ginger.

Nothing worked for me . 4 pregnancies and different kinds of anti nausea meds . I usually lose about 30 pounds. And I was hospitalized for dehydration

Lemonade from frozen concentrate.

Ask your Dr about Zofran. Saved my life! Lol

My last pregnancy and this pregnancy I was the same way. Ask your doctor about Diclegis. Nausea medicine specifically for severe morning sickness for pregnancy. It’s a life saver. I’m able to eat/drink normally with it. The pills have cute little pregnant ladies on it :rofl:

I refused to take pharmaceuticals while i was pregnant. Tried a lot of things but ended up with a pair of those seasick bands. Once i found the perfect spot on my wrists, i was golden!

1 Like

If you keep on vomiting for more than two days go to the hospital emergency room. When you next meet with your doctor tell them how bad it is. For me the only thing that worked was zofran. Do not stop eating because even if you vomit something always stays. The main problem is keeping hydrated. Even if you vomit alway drink water. Suck on ice if you have to. If youre vomiting day and night that is NOT normal morning sickness and it is actually very dangerous for you AND the baby so dont down play it. Talk to your doctor.

Lay in bed when you first wake up and suck on something, like a hard candy. It helped me. There are also these suckers called preggy pops that helped my cousin

They only thing for me was marijuana I was vomitting alot throughout my whole 4 pregnancies and couldn’t eat so I smoked marijuana and it made me hungry and also stopped the vomitting I have 4 healthy babies with awesome birth weight and haven’t had problems.

Also try gingernut biscuits before you get out of bed have them on your nightstand ready for when you wake

Mint helps. Both taste and scent. Smelling citrus helps. Eat crackers before you even get out of bed. Drink ginger ale.

Unfortunately, for me, not even Zofran helped me eat or drink. I was just hydrated by iv fluids every few days until my morning sickness subsided at 22 weeks.

Tell your doc, they’ll prescribe you something

Your Dr can give you something :slightly_smiling_face:

I would just eat ice when it was really bad nothing really helped me

Your doctor can give you nausea medication.

The needle from the dr

Ginger or peppermint tea.

Peppermint helped me

I kept pretzels with me always!

A joint, cup of coffee and an apple. You’ll be good to go all day.