What can my kids call my partner?

My husband was raised by 2 women and when we had our son he instantly began calling jill (bio grandma) mama jill and robin became mo-mi-yuh idk why but that’s what he calls her. He decided that name on his own so maybe just ask the child what he or she would like to call that person

My “step” kids call me their extra mom. I prefer that to step mom. I call them my children. Other then this explanation we as a family prefer extra rather than step. It sounds and feels better. It is always best to discuss and decide as a group. This way everyone feels respected

All I can say …is God Bless these poor confused children.

1 Like

Honestly, I’d ask the kid. Some kids may not be comfortable going so long calling someone dad then having to deal to something else. Especially if it’s being pushed. They could just call by the actual name.

Something genderless could be an option? I’d look into alternative names for familial relations and seek one your partner is comfortable with. I know several families that have unusual names for relations such as Baba, Roo, Yogi, all sorts of different things :two_hearts:

I would all sit down together and have a discussion about it that way you are all on the same page

1 Like

Same sex relationship here. My kids call me mommy or momma She gets called mom :woman_shrugging:t2:. I’ve heard others go by mim or mum. It’s whatever they are comfortable with.

Didi, poppy, adi, dama, mapa, Maddy

1 Like

Selfish Women of today!!!11