What causes late periods but negative pregnancy tests?

this just happened to me last month. I have an 8 month old. for myself I believe it was a mix of hormones & stress. skipped periods are actually really common, & sometimes they don’t really have any specific cause.

Could be stress, a cyst, or something else maybe more serious. I would still carry caution for now in case you are pregnant because you never know. Try to get bloodwork and see if you feel any symptoms of anything.

After being pregnant so many weeks your body’s hormones adjust back to normal levels and you would get a neg test result but be pregnant.

Stress, weight gain or weight loss and aging. Excessive excercise or not enough… a lot can factor in

I missed mine for five months straight some of it was stress but mostly it was from so many polyps

I’ve heard the covid vaccine is messing with cycles. Mine is also way off

With my second son I got pregnant around the time I should have gotten my period and i was over a month late before I got a positive test finally after taking soooooooo many of them

You need a blood test could be tubular pregnancy which isn’t good go to urgent care

I was almost 2 months late have the iud n female issues defiantly want pregnant but under a ton of stress with life.

Stress, diet, change in exercise or hormones

I know numerous people who didn’t get their period for a few months after receiving their covid vaccine (before any of you come for me, I really don’t give a damn what you think about the vaccine, I’m just trying to help eliminate the worry she’s feeling) so if you’ve gotten yours recently, it could be that but it’ll come back!

Any number of things

Hormones. If you’re that late, it’s unlikely to just be stress alone. I went from having cycles like clockwork every 30-32 days, to 60+ days late a few times and it was due to a hormone imbalance. I ended up being diagnosed with PCOS because I also had cysts on my ovaries

This happened to me before . I went almost 2 months without a period but then it just started again :woman_shrugging:

Perimenopause can start in the 20s and 30s.

There’s many different things. Mine was caused by low thyroid. I’d recommend getting some bloodwork. It also could be stress, pcos, bad diet, hormonal imbalance, etc

1 Like

Stress, illness, diet changes, exercise changes, anovulatory cycle…these are just a few examples. There a million things that can cause it.

I don’t have a period every month after I had my daughter :woman_shrugging:t3: could just be that

I wouldnt test positive on really cheap tests. Try a different brand or a.digital if you haven’t. If that is not it, go see your dr, maybe something is wrong.

1 Like

I have gone several months without having a period with no obvious cause even after testing. The only way mine were regular was to take birth control pills.

I’ve stressed twice didn’t have for a about a week or 2 in my teens or 20s. Got pregnant at 22 no period had 2 more kids in later yrs period messed up none for while then bled to much like bled 1month then nothing 2 months repeat the found i had issues got removed no hysterectomy. Now nothing and no birth control sense 2009 for me

I go two months without one sometimes and will start. My doctor has never seen a problem with it so I’m not sure why 31 days is a huge deal… doesn’t seem that late. Go to urgent care if you’re truly worried

Stress, pcos, hormone irregularities

There’s actually a lot of people who will not show positive on pee sticks

Could also be a cyst that hasn’t ruptured yet, if you started a new job or are around new women enough it can affect your hormones and therefore cycle too. The more you stress about it, the longer it could take to start so don’t worry until you have reason to. If you have an appointment on the books your doc will know where to at least start looking just in case. Could also just be too soon for the test to pop positive :woman_shrugging:t2:

Endometriosis caused mine.

Stress can also cause it.

Birth control, hormones, stress, even certain foods can make your period late. There was a time when i was really heavy and my period stopped until i started loosing weight. Also medication can make you moss your period.

You need to get a blood test it’s more accurate…

My sister never had a urine test work. She had to have her blood tested.

its not unusual for periods to be irregular at times

I took three pregnancy tests that came up negative before I had a positive. And I was pregnant the whole time

Sometimes its just late. :woman_shrugging: Its happened to me a few times throughout the years. Even tho its normally very regular.

Over exercise, certain foods , medications

Went through that, turned it I was diabetic and didn’t know it.

Stress, malnutrition, onset of menopause or you just may be irregular–not everyone has a regular period.

Stress and if you are trying to get pregnant a negative test can cause lots of stress try to relax. Plus 31 days isn’t really that late since a cycle is only.28 days you aren’t even a week late yet.

I had a cyst on my ovary that caused me to think I was pregnant

With both of my pregnancies I had to have blood drawn bc all my urine tests came back neg.

Stress, exercise, poor diet. It could be any number of things or you could be farther along and the test is no longer reading the hormone that is detected in early pregnancy. Dr is the best route. Best of luck. :heart:

1 Like

Went I had my period missing for two weeks, I took a urine test and was negative, I thought that was stress, I waited more weeks then I took a blood test it was negative, then waited more weeks I took another blood test and again it was negative. Finally got appointments with my OBG who did a vaginal check and he said I was pregnant but to confirm I have to take a BETA test, then it was positive and in that one also tell you how far are you in the pregnancy. Good luck!

Have blood test done. It could be a tubal pregnancy.

I took several pregnancy tests and all were negative. I ended up in ER because my back was hurting and guess what… I was pregnant.

1 Like

I don’t naturally ovulate. This causes me to go long periods of time without a period. Then I get it and it’s horrible. Take care!!

Some women’s skip a few months after the vaccine . Or for years I only got it every two months then twice a month. It was stage 0 cervical carcinoma. I would go to the doctor there are many reasons

1 Like

If you become too thin it can happen

Any lifestyle changes,stress,anxiety, diet changes

What we are trying to tell ya is lots of things can make u late so see your Dr get blood work to make sure Gl.

PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) can also cause irregular menstruation cycles. But get it checked out

If you’re over 40, it could be early menopause

Ask a medical professional not face book. Really

Stress, heavy weight gain. Call planned parenthood- they can probably get you in sooner!

2 Likes

Have you had your covid vaccine??

4 Likes

Thyroid problems can do that.

This happened when my thyroid went crazy. I was later diagnosed with Graves Disease. Definitely get to your doctor.

Stress, birth control, pcos, eating disorders/ very low weight and body fat percentage

THYROID have it checked

Change in seasons can.

Sometimes, you’re just late for no known reason. 31 days is a little early in the game. Take a test a little later like maybe one week late

It just may be a bit early.for results to.come.back.positive…

Defo test for PCOS. I had crazy periods for years before I was diagnosed with polycystic ovaries. If it is that and you are wanting to be pregnant, it can stop you getting pregnant so doctors can help :heart: get checked ASAP. X

Stress might be the issue.

It just happens sometimes.

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. https://answers.mamasuncut.com/t/what-causes-late-periods-but-negative-pregnancy-tests/9778

Birth control can effect your periods, and it takes a bit of time for your body to get pregnant after stopping them. Stress, diet and other factors can also effect or change your cycle. It’s common.

Stress. Thyroid problems

If you’re only four days late it could be too early for a pregnancy test to catch it. I took several with my second child and they were negative until I was about 1 month along

2 Likes

You just got got off the pill. It can take quite a few months to get you on a cycle. This is normal.

How long ago were you exercising? Our bodies react differently the older we get. Give it some time to adjust to being off birth control and the new exercise routine.

Your hormones could just be starting to level out from being off birth control so it could take a few more month before it gets back on track. Happened to me when I got taken off birth control. Also test again when you reach a week after the missed period. Any sooner and it’s probably too soon for the hormone to change the result of the test cuz it isn’t strong enough yet. If you end up not getting your period this month or next month then test again after when your next period is suppose to start. My sister-in-law has always had to wait till the second missed period before it would show up on a test.

People have said vaccines messed with their cycles. Could be stress. Go see a Gyno.

You can also be pregnant even with multiple tests done

Check with your Doctor

It could be the pill that stays in your system a while sometimes. Your body has to readjust. Be patient and try not to get all caught up in trying.

According to my doctor sometimes it just happens
I didn’t have my period for three months
I did the whole lab work girl, even an ultrasounds everything you can think of. And nothing was wrong.
Eventually I got on birth control to regulate it and so far so good.

And let me add nothing has changed in my lifestyle or diet. No stress, nothing.

im kinda in the same boat.

I was supose to start on the 27th of May im currently 22 days late. I had sex on the 13th had spotting on the 22nd and no period on the 27th. Ive taken like 10 home tests and 1 blood test and all negative. Im supose to start this month on the 23rd.

I was on the birthcontrol patch till jan 27th.

Not being rude but maybe you should be asking ur GYN!!!

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. https://answers.mamasuncut.com/t/what-causes-late-periods-but-negative-pregnancy-tests/9778

See your Dr not face book

3 Likes

Stress does this to me! But definitely talk with your doc!

1 Like

I had a negative test umpteen times turned out I was five and a half months pregnant.

2 Likes

This question was just asked 2 days ago and there are 50 answers there for you to reference

2 Likes

It could be because of the birth control. It does take some time for your body to actually be normal after getting off even if you’ve been regular until now.

2 Likes

It can also depend on what tests you are using some test dont show that early, maybe wait another week or so and then re-test i found that the clear blue digital tests where the best to use, but also like others has suggested next step would be to make a doctors appointment they will then get blood tests done good luck with it and i hope you & your partner get to have a baby soon! X

1 Like

Stopping birth control can make periods irregular for a bit. Working out can cause it as well even if it never happened before. If you are concerned then you should probably call your doctor

There have been cases of the COVID vaccine effecting it…ask your doctor

1 Like

You said only 4 days late… probably to early

2 Likes

This happened to me when my husband & i were trying for a baby as well. My doc said to give your body at least 2 months before getting pregnant just because all the hormone changes. I got off my BC last June, i would take a test every month and nothing. Finally, first week of December it came back positive.

Have you had the covid vaccine? Someone i know has hers, and it stopped her period… they did tests as she thought she was pregant but no positive tests, and they said it could be a side effect from the vax

Go to the dockters for a test blood test or pregnant

Depends on how long you’ve been on birth control before stopping it. It takes time to run out of you system and I’d assume that’s why you’re not having them.

I stopped birth control in January. Still no period.

Trying seeking advice from a reproductive endocrinologist.

Who wants to talk about this on Facebook???

Best advice is to get a blood test just know sometime cycles do Change especially if you just got off birth control

I have read it can be a side effect from vax, even if u havnt personally had it- I’ve read just being around ppl who’ve had the vax can cause period issues.:woman_shrugging:

Stress, anxiety, exhaustion…could be different things

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. What causes late periods but negative pregnancy tests? - Mamas Uncut

You could be pregnant and your hormones just weak. Make an appt for a blood pregnancy test, it’s better. Good luck😊

All of my home test came back negative. I would definitely talk to your doctor.