What causes late periods but negative pregnancy tests?

You should contact your doctor. My 3rd pregnancy blood test and home test came back negative but I just knew. My doctor waited a week did blood work and an ultrasound and baby was there. He still doesn’t understand 6 years later. Praying it’s a pregnancy for you :heart::heart::heart:

Call your doctor and get a blood test. I got negative results for a month. But knew I was pregnant.

Go to your doctor just in case…address your concerns and ask questions…if your dr gets annoyed cause you’re concerned and asking questions then you might need new dr…with Me i literally just had mine for only like 2-3 days and i hadnt had one since i gave birth to my son back in August last year…same thing happened with my daughter (i didnt have a period for 4 years)…I didn’t have cycles due to me having cysts on my ovaries (polycystic ovarian syndrome) and my hormone levels being off…could be exactly whats going on with you right now but your dr is best person to tell you whats going on

Thyroid issues, severely anemic. Best to see the doctor and find out what they think.

If you have pcos it is vary common to skip periods however if yours are normally consistent I’d call your doctor have a blood pregnancy test done and have your hormone levels checked if you arnt pregnant

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. https://answers.mamasuncut.com/t/what-causes-late-periods-but-negative-pregnancy-tests/9778

Working out can do it

1 Like

Working out can do it, the BC could have finally affected it after removing yourself of it, could still be too early to test, could be diet change if you’ve done any. Honestly it can be a number of things.

1 Like

Working out messes mine up!!!

Working out your not stressed but your body is and is trying to adjust but still be mindful

My period was a week late before it would show up on a test just saying :heart:

2 Likes

Diet, stress, weight gain, weight loss.

Stress, an underlying condition

You can feel like you arent stressed but, your body or mind could be processing something you haven’t realized yourself yet. Also if you have started any new meds it could effect it as well. And testing at this point would be too soon. Dont let the missed period stress yourself out cause that can super affect you too

Maybe you were very regular because you were on the pill? Working out CAN affect your cycle.

Mine finally showed up 16 days late. I think it’s my thyroid messing with mine.

Stress is a big one. Lots of things can cause a missed period.

If you been off birth control your body can just be off, it takes sometimes 6 months from your body to re regulate after.

Stress is my big factor

Psos , stress, being over weight

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. What causes late periods but negative pregnancy tests? - Mamas Uncut

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. What causes late periods but negative pregnancy tests? - Mamas Uncut

I missed a period back in November, first time that’s ever happened to me. I went to see my obgyn, terrified I was starting a super duper early menopause or was pregnant. She said it’s most likely stress but also said something about thyroid issues and tested me for that. I worked on dealing with my stress and got my period the next month, but late. When in doubt see the doctor always best thing to do

2 Likes

You should definitely go to a Dr. For me it was PCOS. I tried on my own for 9 years then did 3 failed rounds of fertility treatments and got pregnant with triplets on the 4th time. They told me I’d probably never get pregnant without treatments but I was done lol… Flash forward 10 years into a pandemic, I started to feel terrible. I thought I had Covid and felt sick for a long time​:woman_shrugging:t2: went to the ER and found out I was pregnant (5 weeks according to the Dr) 2 days later I learned I was 33 weeks along :flushed: One month after, I had a healthy baby boy.

12 Likes

Ask for a blood, pregnancy test… your hormones may be to low to show a positive on a urine test

3 Likes

By cystic ovaries I think you mean PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome). I have it as well. Your periods will be late or you may not have one at all. On average I only get 3-4 a year which sounds great, but it’s not healthy for the reproductive system and as a result you are very likely to have complications when trying to conceive. A side effect of PCOS also means you will grow facial hair. I need to shave my upper lip and chin every other day. It also causes weight gain so your best defense is a proper diet and good exercise. That’s how I have the two beautiful children I have today. It doesn’t go away and you cannot get the cysts removed because they will just grow back. Take my advice and you will be fine. Your periods may even start to become regular. This a very common thing amongst women. I found out at 16 because at 15 I still wasn’t getting my period

2 Likes

There is tons of stuff that can cause your period to be lost. Change on environment, stress, weight gain or loss. Heavy lifting. Water intake. So much can be the reason. I would talk to your doctor at your next appointment

3 Likes

Sounds like PCOS. I’ve never had a regular period.

1 Like

Mine was a hormone imbalance. I also had extreme weight gain for no reason and thats what my dr told me it was.

Sounds like PCOS. I’ve always had low progesterone, periods are never on time and it’s hell to try to get pregnant.

1 Like

A lot of things can contribute to no period.
Stress is a huge factor.
My periods tend to switch up on me. Beginning of the month… then end of the month.
If you are working or around other females, your period could be syncing to theirs too.

1 Like

Sounds like you might have PCOS. That can cause your periods to be weird. I was diagnosed with it after my first child.

1 Like

I didn’t have my period the month before I got pregnant. When I got the ultrasound I should’ve been 8-9 weeks and was only 5. And my periods were never regular before either!!

Have you had previous children?
Tender breasts? Frequent urination? Easily exhausted? Classic signs of pregnancy

This sounds weird, but make sure you are taking a red dye test! They show lines better and the blue dye test leave horrible evap lines. I’d also try getting in for a check up at your OBGYN and ask if you can have a blood test.

Weight and nutrition

The 3rd of every month. Really?

1 Like

PCOS. I had regular periods since I starter my period. 15 months after I had my son my periods became irregular. I’d have 1 every 3 months or so. I haven’t had 1 in 15 months now. I was diagnosed with PCOS.

If you’ve had the COVID vaccine recently, it’s screwing with a lot of peoples periods

1 Like

Sounds like Polycystic Ovaries or PCOS. That causes irregular periods and infertility among other things. Call your doc and let them know they will like need to run some more labs. I was diagnosed 20 yrs ago .

I think it’s by the moon

Time for hcg blood work

It can be stress aswell! And if you trick your mind thinking you’re pregnant you can get pregnancy symptoms no period,cravings, etc you can ask your dr that and he will tell you it’s true. It’s kinda like manifestation but a difference ya know?

Pcos causes weird periods. I once went 2 yrs without one.

1 Like

Weightloss
I spent 9 m without a period after loosing around 6-7 kg
Which is not a lot

Home pregnancy tests can show false negatives for a variety of reasons
Periods have a hundred and one reasons to be late or skip etc … Includinging stressing cause you haven’t had your period …

I really don’t understand this group sometimes. Stop asking for HEALTH advice from strangers. Your doctor should be the first person you call or ask questions. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

When in doubt go see your primary

Omg. Not sure why are you turning to a Facebook group for medical advice ? That’s dangerous as hell. Just go the dr

Fertility drugs among other medicine will definitely do that as well as stress

I haven’t had a period since February…I was told by my GYN that I have at least 10lbs of Calcified Fibroids…they couldn’t believe I carried 3 children and birthed them naturally…now I’m going thru Menopause :pensive:…but I still get the cramps, back aches, and bloating

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. https://answers.mamasuncut.com/t/what-causes-late-periods-but-negative-pregnancy-tests/9778

I had two negative tests when I was pregant with my second son. I found out at 4 months!

Stress can be a large factor as well

Going off birth control will cause loss of periods

Have you gotton a covid shot. Both of my girls have messed up cycles now!

The extreme physical activity of basic training stoped my period the whole time i was there, was a virgin at the time so not worried i was pregnant. I was glad i didn’t have to deal with the inconvenience of a period during an already stressful time

Get your finger out of it!

1 Like

Four days late could be too early for a positive test. When I ended my birth control, my periods were weird for several months while my system figured it all out. Add that to working out and that could effect it as well.

Blood pregnancy tests are usually more sensitive at detecting an early pregnancy.

1 Like

Maybe you should consult with a doctor

1 Like

There us a endless number of answers see your Dr

2 Likes

Ask your doctor not face book. Get the correct answers not facebook answers.
That’s tha adult thing to do

2 Likes

Could be that your body is still regulating from getting off birth control. Stress, diet changes, exercise can effect it too. Mine also was off when I found out I was pregnant after taking 13 home tests that were all negative. However I had a miscarriage a couple of weeks later. Now 7 years later I have fibroid tumors that have changed my cycle where I was having non stop period for months. Went to doctor and was put on birth control to stop it and then a different one to help regulate again but it’s still not perfect. Never know. Check with your doctor. I’m 44 and in perimenopause. Good luck!

1 Like

Stress is a big factor… If it continues I’d ask your doctor to see if could be some serious if it continues. I wish people would stop asking fb for medical advice.

1 Like

Have your thyroid checked. Couldn’t get pregnant for 10 years because my thyroid was off.

Consult your doctor. Not appropriate for FB

1 Like

Check again after a week.

Leave a message for your ObGyn. Ask how long should you wait before getting an appointment.

1 Like

For your sanity, I would go do a blood draw just to ease your mind on pregnancy test, but yes…could be literally anything!
Prayers for you

PCOS. very common to have irregular periods.

1 Like

Call your doctor…it’s very common with PCOS

Thyroid issues, cyst, pcos, fibroids ext… Tons of stuff cause it.

Yes, call your doctor

1 Like

A million things could cause it - stress, environment, hormones, age, being sick, etc. PCOS (since you have cystic ovaries) will also cause late and irregular periods.

5 Likes

Its normal, especially being off BC now. It took me almost a year to get pregnant after stopping my combo pill. They say people can get pregnant immediately after stopping some forms of birth control, which is true you can but you shouldn’t. I had a chemical pregnancy because I hadn’t been off of my birth control long enough, and someone that I know had a miscarriage because she was not off of her birth control long enough.

Stress of trying for a baby may not feel like stress to you but that is exactly what’s causing it

Stress, change in diet unhealthy sleep schedule…literally so much stuff :sweat:

Your 4 days late. To early for a test. Wait 2 weeks

Mine finally came 16 days late. I also had a tubal ligation 5 years ago and was always regular. Just found out that Im anemic and low vitamin D. That’s cause for irregular periods.

you couldve had an early miscarriage to make it not able to show up on a test. you can miscarry so early that your period can still be regular. if it doesnt come in a week take another test. this has happened to me and i had a very faint line and 2 weeks later my period started

Shut up and keep taking that dick.

I actually had something similar recently. But mine was from a pap. It caused mine to be about 5 days late, and extremely dry.

For one, talk to your OB and not a bunch of internet strangers lol That’s the worst way to get medical advise.

That being said, we’re girls. Literally anything can upset our bodies lol I wouldn’t get to worried. Anxiety and stress won’t help out your situation any. You simply freaking out over it could be why your periods are messed up. That being said there could be something you weren’t expecting causing it like Cysts. I’d talk to your OB. You may have to be very pushy about it and demand they look into things. A lot of my old OBs just tried to push birth control first but don’t let them. Demand they look into it and be persistent.

Anything, stress, thinking you’re pregnant, exercise. Etc.

So much can cause it. Stress can be the hugest factor.

have them do a “blood” pregnancy test

Sitting and waiting for it to come then stressing if it will show always makes mine late

Hormones, weight gain, menopause, PCOS, stress. The list goes on and on.

You have PCOS. That’s the #1 sign and symptom of it.

Well, ain’t your Aunt Flo a reliable lil B! I think a lot of us would give anything to know exactly what day without having to count on the calendar, just because it’s typically 28 days but only one month has 28 days. This could signal a problem for you, or not. It could mean you’re pregnant, or not. Without knowing exactly what causes your fertility issues, but knowing, because you said, you do, it’s not surprising that your period has gone AWOL for a bit. When you get your period depends on when you ovulated. Even when your body has been respectful for years, it still knows it does not have to show up when you expect and it can be quite normal for it to take a little vakay and not tell you. I actually think it’s unusual for a woman to never experience an unexpectedly early or late period, at least once during their pre-perimenopause years. Everything depends on your hormone levels, and many factors can cause fluctuations in those, most of those being entirely benign and incidental. You could, absolutely, give your fertility doctor a call. Probably should. None of us can really tell you if you should be concerned or not. Only your doctor can tell you that.

Also, if you aren’t using first morning urine I creases the chances of a false negative. OR, if you are drinking a lot of water to make you pee, you can dilute your urine enough to cause a negative.

Call doctor. There are a number of issues that can cause this

Not sure if you have recently had your covid vaccine but they can affect your periods.i completely missed 1 period and then the next one was really light

Bless your heart. As ladies above said, PCOS (if you have that, cystic ovaries) causes irregularity. Your doc can get your cycle started after a few days of progesterone (if memory serves right).

PCOS, cysts on ovaries and lack of period! I have it. I didn’t have a period for 8 months and I wasn’t pregnant. I lost weight and made some changes and now it’s normal again.

It’s took two and a half months before my pregnancy tests read positive. The month I conceived I went and even got my blood tested for hcg levels, and it came back low and negative. And spotted in between before my period was late. If you are already having issues with your hormones that can affect pregnancy test results.

Stress could cause your period to be late.

Hi I have PCOS I have irregular periods and fertility issues I had to take fertility meds to conceive my 1st child i took clomed . If u call ur doc and do a blood test they will be able to tell u for sure also they can give meds for u to start called pro vera. Start there if u do have PCOS u can dm me and we can discuss things further if u want :grin: I’m currently pregnant with my 3rd child and I was able to conceive on my own.