What could be causing my bad breath?

Honestly I would next check out your hormone levels. You have done a freak ton of leg work girl. I’m so sorry for your struggle. There is an answer. It mught be outside the box so I would recommend looking at hormone levels or having blood tests done to check metal levels as well.

24 Hr. Mouthwash for dry mouth.

Do you also suffer from druy mouth? They sometimes go hand and hand and there is a special mouthwash you can buy

1 Like

I was gonna say diabetes. Few people already have. But I would have thought it would show in your bloodwork

2 Likes

I have no advice 4 u. I hope u find a solution though until then a strong mint or gum? my grandmother had just about every medical problem in the book 2 include diabetes and she never had bad breath. However there are several types of diabetes. If ur borderline it may not show in any blood results. I’m anemic and it didnt show until after I had my twins which was causing my chronic migraines. I started having 2 take iron on a daily basis which stopped them 4 the most part. Iv also had my gallbladder taken out it was so full it was about a week from busting but I never got complaints of my breath smelling. I’m not saying any previous comments are wrong because everybody’s body works in different ways. That’s what makes the medical field so hard 2 diagnose people. U never know it could be something as complex as a tumor somewhere that isnt big enough 2 see yet or something as simple as a hormone imbalance. I know it’s hard when u dont know what’s wrong or why its caused. So I wish u luck in finding a solution.

Look at your tonsils. You may have stones. They will give you bad breath. If you do just press on your tonsils with your finger and pop em out.

Hello! I’m in the dental field have been for 14 years now I teach what this actually sound like is this Sialolithiasis (also termed salivary calculi,[1] or salivary stones. They can be tiny in lodged places we can’t see with our eyes and or not really noticeable on xrays either at times but this is a huge factor for a lot of people and most people think like you that it’s your teeth or what you eat, while you are on the right track with the eating portion this is just most likely the case!

Sometimes worrying about (an illness, a person) whatever it may be can make you sicker than you actually are. You could just need to relax but aren’t getting that. Also meijers sells a mouth wash: Therabreath (it’s expensive but works)

I have read that dentists have some machine or something that diagnoses the reason for this.

Have you tried brushing your teeth and tounge with baking soda and see if that helps. Sorry your having to go through this.

Xylitol melts if you have dry mouth, you can order on Amazon, at a pharmacy and even sprouts. My medication causes dry mouth so I need these to protect my teeth.
An elimination diet.
I have to avoid onion, once I eat it especially not cooked well it takes forever to get the taste and smell out. So avoiding garlic onions and anything strong like that.
It could also be a vitamin deficiency which may sound odd but being deficient can cause a number of issues that cause even more issues like this.
Check out the doctors farmacy podcast and fb page he probably has some information on it. Also follow dr Steven Lin on fb you can probably even message him and ask.

Diabetes or Insulin problems can cause this too.

metabolic disorders, can cause a distinctive breath odor as a result of chemicals they produce. It can also be a sign of liver or kidney issues too

Take peroxide once a week and use it as mouth wash. Be sure to gurgle in the back of your mouth and it’ll kill all the bacteria living down where you cant clean! I do it and it really helps mine :rofl::see_no_evil:

1 Like

Yes tonsils and adenoids cause cause horrible breath, my daughter had what we called rotten meat breath, before getting hers removed.

Have u tried brushing ur tongue when u brush ur teeth