What could be happening in my house?

I am hoping to find someone who’s had similar experiences for this issue that I’m aware may sound bizarre to some. I just want to mention this because I know this may sound crazy, but I am very level-headed and have my shit together, so really trying to figure out what may be happening here. Please be kind. I have, over the last few months, seen what I thought was a mouse/rodent run across my floor, always as I’m walking into a room quickly or turning around in a hurry. This black blob dashes across the floor and appears to run and hide under the couch, kitchen island, Cabinet, etc. We live in a very clean home, and the thought of even bugs terrifies me, so needless to say, each time, my family and I have ripped apart our house searching for this dark thing I saw and nothing! There’s nowhere for a mouse/rat or whatever I see to hide elsewhere with its size. I’ve googled the hell out of this and did find an article about apparitions appearing this way. I’m not really into the paranormal stuff, but obviously, having close loved ones who have passed do believe in the afterlife but finding that explanation a maybe little far fetched. There was also a night I woke, hearing the floor creak, to a figure standing in my bedroom doorway then appear to wrap itself in a blanket and runoff. I assumed it was one of my kids, so I jumped right up after the “person,” and each of my kids was fast asleep in their beds. So there’s that unexplained event also within this same time frame. Has anyone else heard of or experienced this? I’m honestly going nuts trying to figure out what this could be.

166 Likes

This sounds like psychosis. I’m bipolar 1 and would see cats in my house that weren’t there and dead people. Seek mental health help asap.

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. https://answers.mamasuncut.com/t/what-could-be-happening-in-my-house/16600

Can you put video cameras or something up

1 Like

You’d be surprised how rodents can find places to hide. They’re able to flatten themselves to a smaller size and hide in areas that you wouldn’t think they’d fit in. That said, the person standing in your door could have been from coming out of a dream state, minds playing tricks or it could have been something. I have seen shadows and dark things before me as well, but I believe them to be demons, not human/spiritual/good.

7 Likes

I’m Wiccan and very familiar with the metaphysical and paranormal.
Because, as you know, people can be…let’s go with, “kinda narrow minded”…it may be better to discuss privately. Up to you of course. If you’d like to PM, I’d be happy to help. If you’d like me to spill it here, I don’t care what others think, so happy to help.
Your call. :relaxed::black_heart:

11 Likes

Is there rodent droppings in your house or where “it” seems to hide? Also maybe put up cameras :movie_camera: evidence of whatever it is your seeing may ease your mind… or freak you out :sweat_smile: Taylor Hipperson creeepy haha

1 Like

Forsure have your home blessed and everyone who lives inside. Ive experienced similar stuff my entire life and as of lately activity has picked up in my home as well. If you’re gut is telling you it’s something more than a mouse, it’s probably right.

3 Likes

Mice can get into the tiniest cracks and can climb up walls, furniture, inside furniture, etc. and you wouldn’t even be able to notice it. Really, if you’re worried, I’d just call an exterminator. They know what to look for and can help catch anything it might be, mice/bugs or whatever

3 Likes

Set a trap with some cheese or peanut butter. They will come to the most cleanest of homes. Trust me.

6 Likes

I have one but it is in the shape of a black cat, not a rodent. I plan on burning sage as well but I need Tiger’s Eye for protection. My grandma always had a tiger’s eye stone in her pocket everywhere she went.

2 Likes

Sweep under your stove, I bet you find poo. They live in stoves and ovens. Get a black light and look along the walls, pee spots illuminate.

1 Like

Idk what to say about the figure and sounds, BUT when I was in the hospital after a c section I was severely low on iron and I kept seeing what completely reminded me of rats or mice run across the floor (black spots/patches in my vision)
Could ur iron be dangerously low and ur vision is being wonky

8 Likes

Could have a pack rat.
Check your crawl spaces, attic, basement as well. Behind stove and under fridge.
In the bottom drawer of stove for poop, piles of shredded paper, insulation, etc.
(Things to make a nest with)

Open up the doors to your home and get you some oil. Anoint that oil and began to pray and cast out every demonic entity that’s in your home. That’s no mice. This is a demonic spirit. Do not use sage. Invite God in your home. The end.

16 Likes

This was happening to me, over a year ago! If need be, please inbox me and I will let you know my experience and go from there! Just know, the other side is real… it not “just seeing things” and something major has happened that Demands your attention and is telling u to listen. When it happened to me, I lost everything … but now I know it was for a reason. And would like to help understand your woes as Well! Never think u are just "seeing " things… never!

2 Likes

You need to talk to Jesus,not a witch…only he (Jesus Christ) can remove these dark shadowy blobs you see, they are evil and demonic spirits manifesting themselves, maybe you opened yourself up through something you watched on T.V. that was evil or perhaps you opened yourself up through the reading of Horoscopes, there are numerous ways you could of opened yourself up to these, the way our world is today being so bent on evil, it wouldn’t be hard to do so, many people have this problem and don’t know it, just be glad God allowed you to know, so you could get rid of them…don’t be afraid of them just pray because Jesus has all power over death, hell and the grave…oh by the way, if you are not saved, meaning accepting Jesus as your Lord and Savior, that would be the 1st step, because he died to pay for your sins to keep you out of hell…Sweet Blessings to you and your house.

14 Likes

Definitely get the house bless by the church. Dont use sage. Try your best not to fear it. Do not give it more power over you through your fear. I would go as far as ignore it and give it no attention. Good luck

3 Likes

I think you have eye floaters lol :laughing:

It’s a ghost ya big dummy …. Move out !!!

2 Likes

Mayve contact a medium that would be your best bet to makesure there’s nothing sinister because there is defo more out there then just us ive had so many paranormal things happen nothing bad but it defo haplend on lots of diff occasions so don’t go ruling that out i would def get a professional then you would know for sure and take it from there

2 Likes

It’s a mouse set some traps

you should Get your eye sight checked. Have you recently had a baby? You could have developed an eye disease sometimes it can be so gradual you don’t even notice. But I did find something that may explain it eye floaters.

3 Likes

You could be seeing a lost loves one or just someone who died in that house i grew up christian and no matter how much i ignored them i saw spirits i was made to think i was crazy feel free to inbox me trying to avoid drama from putting too many details in my comment but no i am no longer christian

1 Like

If you’d like you’re more than welcome to message me. I’ll help with what I can.

Burn sage. It stinks enough to make everyone want to leave, living soul or not.

2 Likes

I think you have a rat in your house, it’s nothing to do with cleanliness, they come in looking for food, my brother had the same thing happen in his house and called in the ratman and he laid a trap and caught it. nesting behind his dresser they can also get in the back of your sofa. It’s best to call in the professionals to sort it out before you get a infestation…I also had two run into my home from my garden door, they saw me and run out…Get the professionals in…
also Look around for droppings and bits of knawed paper it could be making a nest…Don’t ignore it, it’s best to be safe than sorry…
:scream::scream:

5 Likes

I’d cut the LSD dose back until you just see dragons instead of scary black blobs.

10 Likes

First of all, at any point on your hunt for the potential rodent of what sounds like a very thorough search throughout your home did you happen to come across any specs that looks like tiny black rice grains? Lol If so it’s a rodent of some sort, If not it’s def an apparition. The answer to that question will also let you know if you should call an exterminator or a priest :joy: Either way best of luck to you bc you’ll need it, both can be a nightmare :shamrock: J/k but seriously I hope this info helps you in some way on your journey to finding out what it is?!

2 Likes

I have the sam thing with huntsman’s as I’m terrified - the toilet run in the middle of the night scares me lol I swear I see them but once I turn the light on - nothing

I don’t know your age but be assured there is an explanation for this. Those who question your eyesight may be onto something…small cataracts can appear as black spots or floaters running…or can look like clouded form. See your Optometrist and also a check up with your PCP.
As for anything creaking or bumping at night…we are having so much wind in the northeast, I am awakened a few times a night by something thumping…wind is so strong, it sometimes gives my printer a faux start…Good Luck!

2 Likes

Are you the only person in the house who’s seen it?

3 Likes

I watch way too much of Mrballen. This reminded of a true story he covered :grimacing:

2 Likes

I had to have the preacher and elder come pray at my house and yard over issues. They went away

1 Like

Eye floaters mine do the same thing at times.

2 Likes

I’m in a really interesting group, they’d probably be able to give you some more information about what it is. Pm me and I’ll add you to it :blush:

Likely a mouse lol Once when we had just moved into a new house. I too was seeing a blackish blob go past on our floor out of the corner of my eye every once in awhile. I would look and not find anything and our home is clean so i never figured it’d be a mouse. I got to a point where i just ignored it because i thought i was imagining it or my eye was catching something somehow lol I never mentioned it to my husband. Then one day he mentioned it randomly saying he thought he saw something every once in awhile but thought maybe it was just his imagination too so he didn’t bother to tell me. And he saw it always in the same area as i did. Thats when i realized we had a mouse and i wasn’t losing my mind lol We sat traps and within 2 hours had caught the mouse :joy::woman_shrugging:

First off, when you see it how does it make it you feel? That is something you need to answer. It could be a mouse, and it could be something else.

Clean has nothing to do with it. We had the same thing. It’s probably a field mouse.They get under your doors or any crack they find. Just set several traps and you will get it.

3 Likes

If you put a trap down and catch it, you know you aren’t nuts :+1: get a box one if you don’t want to kill it

1 Like

Set a few mouse traps down with white chocolate in it and you should have it by the end of the day I had a we field mice in mine one time and got a few traps put one in every room with white chocolate on it and I had caught it by the end of that day. If it is paranormal stuff going on I’d say definitely get a priest in to check that out

1 Like

Hey ! I used to be on a paranormal team for my local area. And your story is super similar snd not uncommon. I am a normal mom and human and have seen too many things not to believe. Is it just you seeing these things?

3 Likes

“ghosts” are demons… it says so in the Bible… seek God not a medium… mediums “spirt guides” are also demons… in the Bible Jesus says " Go away satan, for it is written, you will serve the Lord your God and only him" and satan leaves… this is helpful in bad any situation… God bless :innocent:

Look up Ghosts of Carmel Maine on YouTube. However his videos are long and uncut maybe try and find someone who does a react to him

It’s a rat & or mouse " had the same thing in my lounge room & really thought I was seeing things & they just disappeare & no way could I find anything & so sprayed & spray my place & some months later found a dead mouse ’ no smell in my place nothing " been none since "

The dark thing on the floor happened to me as well, several times, before it finally hit my foot one day. I would just see something dark that went so fast that I wasn’t sure if it was actually something or not. After it hit my foot, I was pretty sure that it must be a mouse, so I set up traps. Sure enough, it was a mouse. Get some traps and see if it’s a mouse for you too. The figure that you saw in the doorway could be because you had just woke up and weren’t fully awake yet. I’ve seen weird things happen when I’m in between that sleep and awake state, even though I feel completely awake.

3 Likes

Mice tend to leave poop everywhere they go? So are you finding droppings anywhere?? Look for signs, set out some traps or poison to see which one is messing with you. If those don’t work then you know your option.

Have you heard of shadow men? Not trying to creep you out but I’ve seen them and for those who are sensitive, ill, they are extra common. Basically moving shadows.
They often appear in doorways, and dark areas but usually fade in and then fade out.

Yep, I know it indeed sounds nuts… but premonitions and other strange “coincidences” that proved true over the years have made me question things. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Could def be paranormal. I’ve experienced similar things the 9yrs I’ve lived in my house but way more activity such as doors opening and closing and even locking from the inside where it’s not possible. One of my family members was home alone in the shower and a handful of coins was thrown over the top into the shower, he thought it was the kids but then realized he was home alone, that kinda shook him up. We just kind of ignore it and go about our business.

2 Likes

Get a black light flash light & in the dark shine over areas it travels & if it’s a rodent its urine will glow under the light…worked in hotel housekeeping when I was younger and this was how we had to clean bathrooms

4 Likes

Look at the history of your house and if there is something dark that happened BLESS YOUR HOUSE

2 Likes

Hi…is there evidence of mice or rat droppings? Normally along base boards or in corners.

1 Like

I had kittens that died in our house ans I swear I saw them out of the corner of eye…and my hubby asked me not to call him crazy but asked if I ever saw kittens…it definitely was there but wasn’t living per se

If it was a rodent you would find droppings

Set up cameras for the mouse, you’ll see him at night. Then set traps

2 Likes

It’s probably a mouse. They can fit in openings the size of a pencil eraser so if you have a crack I’m the wall, that’s probably where it’s disappearing.

4 Likes

Mice etc can hide anywhere down side if sofa we hard the same exsperiance put mouse trap etc under the settee or where you see it runs under x

Someone’s trying to get in touch with you.

The dark blob could be a mouse. They can squeeze through the tiniest hole or separation to live in the walls.

I lived in a house which several people had died. (Separate occasions not a mass murder or anything). Some really strange things happened in that house. The dark figure could very well be a ghost. It’s very scary.

My mother passed away. The next night at around 3am,I woke up to my diggrowling softly at a figure interview corner of my room. My eyes focused & mymother was standing close to ne with a another person I did not know. It was like she was trying to tell me that she was ok. She got her message across to me, went to the other person & disappeared. The dog stopped growling & i tried to relax. I knew I saw her,because my dog did also. It happens & that wasn’t the only time it happened to me.

3 Likes

When i was 12, I saw my grandmother at the foot of my bed one night. We found out that morning that she had passed in her sleep.

3 Likes

I’ve had very similar experiences it could be a mouse or it could be someone in your house as in a spirit. Put up cameras wyze cameras are cheap and easy to install they also have a low chance of being hacked. I would get a few of these and go from there it’ll tell you for sure just don’t watch the footage alone. Also these cameras record when there is motion and you can replay

2 Likes

You may have a floater in your eye,it is very distracting until you are diagnosed

2 Likes

Sounds very paranormal to me. Without the experience of seeing a figure in the doorway I would have thought mouse too, but we can’t just focus on the blobs you’re seeing and not the figure…definitely reach out to an expert.

The Paranormal is very real. Research the history of your house/property. Sounds to me that a “shadow figure” has made residency in your house. depending on the ages of your kids one may be dabbling in the occult and opened a portal for this to happen. In the meantime, get a bag of salt and make a barrier around the perimeter of your house and the entrances and exits in your house. Smudge your house (google this or DM me on how to do it) and ask that whatever is in your house to leave without harm to none. If you are a religious person talk to your pastor about doing a home cleansing. Shadow Figures can be harmless, and they can also be harmful. If no one but you are seeing this, then I would say it has an attachment to you and maybe has a message for you or is not happy that you are in its house… Don’t disregard it and hope it goes away. If it is revealing itself, it is a serious issue that must be dealt with…:disappointed:

1 Like

Weird Paranormal Discussions might have some answers for something like this

Are you the only one seeing it? If so then you should get your eyes checked and see your doctor. Just by the description of a black moving blob that you see only when you are on the move, that could be something behind or in your eyes and you just haven’t thought of that because of its rarity. Please just do it. Especially since it is always in your lower vision and when you are on the move. Early intervention is key.

7 Likes

Maybe have a Pastor come and pray over your house…

1 Like

Set a mouse trap with peanut butter as bait. I would do that first to see if you catch anything. Then if not, maybe it is paranormal?

2 Likes

Get some sticky mouse trap and put them under furniture. If it is something else, don’t be afraid. Communate with them. We have had the dog jump up and start barking as if someone was in the house. We also have a security video in the house and have seen a ball like object flying across the ceiling of a room. And there is more.

I’ve had this happen as well, I’ve seen something run across the floor very quickly and it is usually only at night when I’m laying in bed. I would think possibly a mouse but I recently moved and I still see it as well as quick shadow like movements on the wall.

1 Like

Mice can fit in tiny areas you wouldn’t even think of. Set some traps. I’m sure you’ll catch one of them soon and then you can rest easy.

Play some chants on your tv and phone . It will cleanse the space .
Light candles in the evening and pray

Have you found any droppings? If not , there’s your answer.

2 Likes

You are seeing things, time to talk to your doctor.
But the mouse thing…is probably a mouse, even big mice can for through the smallest holes. You can get them even with a clean home. The winter time is the worst. We got a cat, now we see no mice

Get sage and do a cleansing ritual sprinkle holy water around the house

4 Likes

Sage the house. Open back door and front door. Get every corner every window. Say a prayer of some sort to get the negative energy away. You start at the north of the house and go clock wise back to the north. Then sweep the house out the back door.
Also set out mouse trap just in case.

I have lived in a haunted house!
Definitely sounds paranormal xx

4 Likes

I never believed in paranormal stuff until I lived in this one house. My then 2 year old would talk to air and greet someone with hi. My tv would turn on and off while I lived there. I would be upstairs and hear music playing through vents . Would go downstairs and nothing would be on. Hear voices. Hear someone playing with my sons toys but again no one was home. We were not alone in that house . I did tons of research and felt like maybe a child died there . The attic had a lock on it from the living room and there was kids drawings at the bottom of the stairs so clearly children or a child was locked in attic i would say. I felt like I was going crazy and even went as far to look for bones outside around house and basement but never found anything. I eventually moved and everything stopped. My tv no longer turned on and off, no music or voices, my kid was not talking to air in dark rooms. It was an experience and I’ll always believe now.

I would also double check your daily medications and make sure hallucinations are not a side affect on anything . Just went through something similar with my mom seeing a rat blob run across a hallway. She’s a diabetic and on lots of medicines. She was so upset but pretty sure it’s a med interacting with another or side affect.

1 Like

Did you buy anything from someone? Get something you hadn’t had before, if the answer is yes, get rid of it. And set some of those sticky traps from Canadian tire, they work great, just don’t let your pets near them. I wish you the best

1 Like

I feel as though the more logical explanation is that you have a mouse/mice and your mind is playing tricks on you since you haven’t actually been able to confirm that it’s a mouse/mice, because all you’re doing is catching it out of the corner of your eye. Mice/rats, have very little to do with a clean house. I mean, yes , if you live like you’re at the county landfill, it’s going to attract them more, but there are a million scenarios as to why you could have mice. Your neighbors could have them. You could live near a field or a farm. Someone could have caught one and released it in your area. And their bones are not fused together. They can flatten themselves to fit under a door jam. They also have an amazing sense of smell, and I’m assuming since you’re people, you eat, and food attracts them. We keep a clean house, but we live around a lot of fields, so we get mice from time to time. Luckily we have 3 cats that LOVE mice, so they usually take care of the issue for us. Set traps. You’ll eventually catch it/them.

2 Likes

Mice are incontinent. Use a blacklight, you will see a trail of urine and droppings. As to anything else, burn sage in the house, demand it leave. Don’t like sage, add salt to a squirt bottle of water and spray it around. Though honestly it doesn’t sound like whatever your seeing harmful.

Could just be spirits visiting you. Doesn’t mean it’s bad. I’ve had this all my life bc apparently I attract them :roll_eyes: If it’s bothering me or the kids, like in the middle of the night, I assertively say something like “you’re welcome to stay but you need to leave everyone alone so they can sleep” and that usually takes care of it lol.

4 Likes

I used to see something out of the corner of my eye at a friends house…thought it was a mouse or cat…couldn’t tell…finally she asked what my issue was, I told her n she said it was the ghost in her house…had other things happen there also. Nothing wrong with my eyes then or now…

2 Likes

they know how to flatten themselves & can go into the walls if there is a small crack between the floor & wall, wherever there are pipes & no sealant between them & the wall

1 Like

Stop listening to people telling you to dabble in witchcraft… tell it to go in the name of JESUS!! Plants won’t help you

7 Likes

If there are mice, there’s definitely mouse poop somewhere

1 Like

Check the history of your home

2 Likes

Set a mousetrap. At least you’ll know if it’s a rodent. Use peanutbutter.

2 Likes

I mean sure there could be a spirit or more in your home. Unfortunately there’s not too much help for that beyond sage & prayers. & Asking the spirits to leave your home.

However, with it being winter, chances are great that you have a few mice, no matter how clean your house is. They love clean & dirty homes lol. & Can fit in places you never thought possible!

I would definitely buy some kind of mouse traps or poison & put around the house, or call an exterminator. Mice can do serious damage to a home without you ever knowing you have them.

2 Likes

It’s probably a mouse. No matter how clean your house is, they can still be there. They also hide great.

4 Likes

Just because you’re clean doesn’t mean you can’t have mice- we have a very clean house and also exterminate to prevent such but sometimes one little bugger gets in somehow
They’re quick

1 Like

Maybe someone secretly living in ur attic just like the stories you see on the lifetime movies :rofl:

4 Likes

I think you have a mouse. I would try some traps… As far as the figure, I have had a similar experience. Mine came every night though between 2:30 am and 3:30 am. I would wake with it standing over me. I also thought it was one of my kids so I just made room in the bed the first couple times for my child to lay with me. When they didn’t, I would turn my light on and the figure would disappear… One night, my family and I were watching a movie. I saw a white figure with blonde hair walk around the corner of my hallway into my dining room. I thought it was my oldest child until she sat up real quick. The next day she told me she say it, and I let her know that I did too. I don’t think it meant any harm, and was probably a loved one visiting. Still, we put salt on all of our door frames except the front door. We then opened the door and said “I know you don’t mean any harm, but you are scaring my children. Please leave”. My dog went absolutely bonkers and it looked like she chased the “ghost” out the front door because she stopped at the front door. We put salt on that door, closed it, and haven’t had any more issues.

3 Likes

Go to an optometrist. The black blob that disappears could be a detached retina or some other eye problem. The disappearing blanket wrapped person was more than likely a waking dream where you’re almost awake but still dreaming. I’ve “heard” my alarm go off, gotten up and dressed for work then realized it was 3 am

9 Likes

Set a mouse trap under your couch

I would just move, that would freak me out. Or, I guess just set a mouse trap and see if you can catch it. As far as that person standing at your door, yea, that would be enough for me to pack up and leave!

4 Likes

The one thing no one mentioned is macular degeneration ! Go see an ophthalmologist or retina specialist! Do you have diabetes ? This should be eliminated!

7 Likes

Okay so I’m definitely on your wavelength lol. I think there’s a couple things going on, more than likely a mouse and maybe something spiritual. First I’d blast my house in peppermint oil and put some traps out where you’ve seen him run away to. I bought a couch once that apparently a mouse had gotten into in the warehouse. It drove me crazy for weeks!!! I finally felt it, I seriously thought I was going batshit but I threw the couch outside and lo and behold that little turd came flying out!!! Secondly, it’s like maybe you are getting a message. So I’m not educated in all that, but I have some beautiful witchy friends that help me so much!! I’d have my cards read and invite my friend over for a nice meal and we could do a cleansing or maybe dig a little deeper and see if we can compromise with that realm for peace.

Probably a mouse. We had one 2 winters in a row. It must have been in the Christmas boxes brought in from the garage. Our Dog was it’s Friend lol. I would see it sometimes eat kibble from the Dog bowl. :dog2: It actually just went away and didn’t come back!