What do SAHMs do?

Calling on all stay at home Mommas!!! What do you do during your days to keep busy once all the chores are done?

42 Likes

I crochet, play with my animals, find things to organize, go hiking :woman_shrugging:t2:

Crafts with the toddler, grocery plan, organize.

1 Like

Netflix, hulu, do nails when i have clients. Or play with my youngest. Oldest is at school

2 Likes

Chores are endless it seems . But Netflix :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Groceries and whatever needs to be done for the home. Running around and bills

Chores are never finished :rofl:

5 Likes

Chores done?? Wait, thats possible?? How my gordo is all over the place. Does anyone if there are sports for a 3yr old. Needs to burn energy :expressionless::cry::sob::scream:

3 Likes

You get all your chores done? They stay done? What is this chores being done you speak of?

2 Likes

Cheyenneā€¦I thought you might want to answer this question. Lol

1 Like

Play with my babies, shower, prep dinner, maby Park or play date, read, knitting and sewing, sort though things round the house, read to the babies or play games.

Netflix, Hulu, nap with kiddo, color, diamond painting

Well i homeschool my oldest and entertain a 2 year old. Watch my shows on hulu and then pick two others from early release headstart

Yeah right. :joy: I never get My work done. So bless your soul if you actually complete washing and drying AND putting away the laundry and the dishes and everything else lmao. :joy: but photography, fishing, walks. Shopping. Etc

1 Like

Once I get all the chores done I either enjoy some me time, watch a movie I like or whatever or I do homework. Iā€™m a full time college student too.

Well, im a stay at home momma to my 1 & 2yr olds. I dont ever get time to just sit down or do anything. I do all housework, take care of the kids needs, shopping, cleaning jobs on the side for extra income, & we go to the playground & on walks to get out & about but again, with a 1 & 2yr old even at the park, its always work work work. Id love to catch a break but that wonā€™t happen for years.

Once you have more than one childā€¦chores never end. Literally ever.

2 Likes

Crochet, make soap, have 8yo son homeschooled while 4 are in school and 2 toddler/preschool age.

Recently Iā€™ve started a blog to help me get back into my hobbies and manage them. I write reviews of books I read, movies or shows I watch and I document my crafting. I love to crochet and figure out new things to make.

Who finishes their chores?! :joy:

4 Likes

Who gets chores done?! Iā€™m finishing my bachelors degree right now, so I try to get as much homework done in the morning so we can hang out after nap

work in the yard or declutter the closets.

Hulu. Coloring. Play outside with kids. Start dinner.

PLAY with your child!

Wait. We have chores that are supposed to get done?
I literally have a hyperactive 3 year old always running around and getting into shit. Along with a 2 month old always on the tit or wanting to cuddle.
I never get shit done. Itā€™s rare that I get to do dishes or cook dinner

I plan play dates for the kids that are out of the house. Usually a play place or to the park. I get a little freedom and they get to socialize and get their energy out. I also work at night when they are in bed, so thatā€™s not time I get for relaxing or anything

Once I had everything done, I either watched TV or played with the kids

I do online schooling. Iā€™m a ft student at purdue global university. If I get my housework done, I usually do homework or take the boys outside.

How do you get all of your work done???

4 Likes

Chores are endlessā€¦ I wrote out a chore list that I stick to daily, which gives me more time throughout the day to do Activity time daily with my youngest son that is still at home, every other day I make two meals that I freeze for the following week,
I work in my scrapbook, watch tv, Re-organize rooms,

Iā€™m starting to think that a man posted this to trap his wife whom he thinks doesnā€™t do anything. :joy: Just kidding. Park time, walking Or work out videos I find on YouTube. Thatā€™s if I have the energy to.

3 Likes

Waitā€¦thereā€™s a moment of time when all the chores are done?

10 Likes

Take my son outside and let him run and now I can squirt him with the water hose :joy:

1 Like

The chores are never done with an over active toddler & being 7.5 months pregnantā€¦we are constantly snacking. But we go for walks, play outside for a bit or snuggle and watch movies!!

Binge Netflix shows or play outside with my son.

We stay outside a lot. It wears them down, is good for them and they love it. I also have 3 boys lol.

1 Like

Surely, thou doth jest.

3 Likes

??? Iā€™ve never heard of chores being done. My kids will just make new messes immediately

5 Likes

Read draw do my shopping go for a walk or run take my kids to the park

When all the chores are doneā€‹:joy::joy::joy::joy:

5 Likes

Take a nap r do something for ME.

2 Likes

I invested in a cricut and heat press :grin: gives me something to do during the day and I make a little extra money on the side ! And kiddos love things with their names on it !

Chores are never done!!!

2 Likes

I donā€™t marathon clean. I spend about 45 minutes total on cleaning and then clean up stuff as we go through the day. We play, read, paint, bake, go to the parkā€¦my husband also helps in the evenings sometimes when he gets home.

Wait what am I doing wrong? My chores are never done. 5 kids has become endless laundry non stop dishes an messes constantly.

10 Likes

I have 2 in school and 1 home. I feel my chores are never done but I do make a point to spend time with my children and decompress. So in my down time I like to work in my flower bed. Really anything outside I enjoy! Picking up the yard, making sure toys arenā€™t cluttering up any where. Also meal prepping (snacks, etc) I know that still sounds like work but itā€™s enjoyable work vs. doing the dishes 20x

Chores!! There are always chores with kids no matter the age!!

2 Likes

Laundry. Laundry is never done.

1 Like

Nap! When she naps of course. Then bills, update the planner, take walks around the neighborhood, head to the playground or library, watch Sarah and Duck reciting all the words to every episode by heart and in unison. Stuff like that.

Maybe she needs a break from chores lol start your own business, do something that keeps your mind busy!

Chores are never done. They just go on break for the 30 seconds the kids donā€™t destroy something else. :joy::joy:

2 Likes

Play n read to my babies

I do ā€œdamage controlā€ in the morning (clean counters off, collect dishes and clothes, pick up toys) and clean in the afternoon. If I clean in the morning it just gets destroyed again and have to clean again.

Do chores actually ever get doneā€‹:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

Both my kids arenā€™t school age yet so I clean the house then play with my kids or take them in our backyard to play.

1 Like

Your chores are done and you have free time?! Show me your ways!!! :joy:

4 Likes

Iā€™m a consult for 2 natural product companies! It helps keep me stay sane! Plus I use/love both companies!!! One is candles and melts! The other is bath products and lotions!

Your chores are done?! WTH, I must be doing something wrong :joy:

6 Likes

Thereā€™s such a thing as being completely caught up on everything? I dont believe you. :joy:Unless you are Marie Kondoā€¦ Scrub a baseboard? Join the PTA if ypur kids are in school. Go to the Library. Take a walk through the park. NAP!

3 Likes

The chores actually get done??? Seems like a never ending cycle in my house, that I just play hooky from every now and then.

3 Likes

When I finish all my chores I bake stuff, I prep meals. I reorganize things lol I go threw stuff. When my baby goes down for a nap while my son is at school sometimes I play the PlayStation lol

3 Likes

Played with and entertain my kids, cook dinner so hubs has a hot meal after work

Im never done so Iā€™m not really sure what youā€™re referring to here. If youā€™re that good though I could always use some helpā€‹:crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

I do my own nails
Have over 300 colors to choose from lol

Done?! Whatā€™s your secret lol

3 Likes

The chores are never done.

2 Likes

Iā€™m never done I have two toddlers who mess up again as soon as I clean up lol. They donā€™t like to nap either.

2 Likes

Waitā€¦chores get finished?

2 Likes

Chores are never done!

1 Like

Umā€¦chores done? Free time? Youā€™re my hero!!!

1 Like

Iā€™ve never had that problem lol, but in days I take a break from the chores itā€™s to play with the kids more.

2 Likes

When are they finished?

Wait, you have extra time after chores?! My two year old keeps me plenty busy, I wish I had time to be bored :rofl::weary:

3 Likes

:joy: when the chores are done! You must be the mvp. My children are 9 and almost 4. The list is endless.

I give my expert advice here on Facebook. :person_tipping_hand::joy::smirk:

1 Like

Haha chores are only done if the toddler is asleep and the other is still in school ā€¦ otherwise its a constant picking up and wiping down ā€¦ but on the RARE occasion i pull up a book on kindle

You get the chores done?? Whatā€™s your secret?? Iā€™m serious!

Iā€™m never done, there is always something to do, my kids are in school and in still never done, laundry is never ending, put the rare days I donā€™t do chores, Iā€™m usually doing the errands like pay bills, grocery store, doctor, Iā€™m never done, so your doing something major if you finish everything

1 Like

Chores done? You must Bea superhero! Lol! In my house the chores are never done

1 Like

Video games, comics, books, craft projects, working out, go see my friend that lives down the street

I like to read, rather than choresā€¦

1 Like

sleep, cook dinner, watch tv, grocery shopping(oh right thatā€™s a chore)

Your chores are done?! TEACH ME

1 Like

Lol chores are never finished at my house

Sometimes if Iā€™m done all I need to do, and the baby is down for a nap, Iā€™ll take a little nap with her

Can u even think about getting extra time :confused: i wish

With 3 kids and another on the way I an either cleaning or taking care of my kids.

1 Like

I suggest be selfish & lazy while you can because once they start moving & talking & getting lots of little wants youā€™ll forget what itā€™s like to have nothing to do or things like having ā€œyour showsā€. :hugs: also mini trips are fun, stimulating for the kids, greenhouses are my new spring favorite mini trip

Get on Facebook :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Done? Um yeahā€¦i never get there

4 Likes

I think you should let us in on YOUR secret!! :sweat_smile: how do you get done?

3 Likes

I do sweepstakes and giveaways. Mostly on Instagram but I do the instant wins on the internet. Iā€™ve won at least once a week. Gift cards, clothes, electronics, tools, you name it.

2 Likes

Waitā€¦you complete chores on time?

1 Like

Iā€™ve been a stay at home mom for about 4 years. It started with me breastfeeding until he was 3 so that consumed most of my day. I feel the chores are never done, I always have something more to do even at the end of the day. Making dinner and cleaning up after it is the hardest part because thatā€™s when Iā€™m most tired after Iā€™ve eaten. I usually wake up, make me and my son breakfast. Get ready for the day and clean up after breakfast while he watches a show or two or plays a game. Then I usually take him on whatever errands I have to run, to the park, beach or to grandmaā€™s. Then once we get home we relax, play for a bit, I do some laundry or something. Sometimes we do some baking. Then itā€™s on to dinner which my son helps with. Usually the day just breezes by but we do have those boring days. The key is not staying cooped up in the house. You have to get out at least once a day, the kids especially need sunlight for vitamin D.

I donā€™t understand the questionā€¦

2 Likes

Showerā€¦readā€¦listen to musicā€¦napā€¦go for a walk outsideā€¦call someoneā€¦prep dinner so its quicker/easier laterā€¦watch a movie with a snack.

Chores can be done? Do you believe in unicorns too?

4 Likes

You get your chores done :astonished::+1: good job! I go to the gym once the husband gets home. Gives me some relief from the kiddos. I hit the hot tub and steam room after. :+1::+1:

Not sure. Never made it to that point.

1 Like

Doneā€¦lolā€¦my question is how do you get done?? Even if I was a stay at home mom Iā€™d never get done!!

1 Like