What happens if I don't go to a court hearing?

Its called contempt of court a bench warrant will be upon you jail time if you don’t go to the hearing

You will get screwed it will show the judge you don’t care about the situation or your child go to COURT

Always go to court! With an attorney!

Shouldn’t you go since it would be in your child’s best interest? Seems kind of stupid. If you don’t go they could put you as failure to appear and if your daughters father was supposed to pay more then he might not if you don’t show up.

In California if you don’t show up they make a decision without you

Don’t miss any court date. Your boss should understand

I would call them and explain about your new job and that you can’t miss right now,maybe they will reschedule.

Simple way to find out the safe and reliable way is to call the courts and ask.

If u are not there they will either reschedule or make an order without your input. Be careful

Only top politicians can ignore court orders and nothinh happens to them

You will be fta and a warrant will be put out for your arrest. When picked up you will go to jail till courtdate could be a month out. You will not be allowed to bond out because of your fta. So go to court. Your boss will understand.

If work is more important than your kiddo…don’t go. You can take a day. Incredibly lucky kid.

He gets whatever he asks for… don’t miss or they just give to other party whatever…

You definitely need to be there.

6 Likes

File a continuous. I also believe you could qualify for FMLA. Someone has do budge.

Default judgment. Not responding is stupid and pisses off the court

Call and reschedule. Tell them you have an important meeting at work, you can not miss. The courts usually will work with you.

Your job will understand
Go to court

5 Likes

If you don’t go your ex will pretty much get whatever he is asking. You need to go.

If you do not show up to a court date they will take it as you don’t care and they could possibly throw it your whole case out and then you’ll have to start from scratch.

No brainer kids mote important an work should allow u time off for it otherwise there in trouble

How important is your daughter to you. Missing a day of work is the least of your worries.

Just don’t show up to it you’ll be fine…

You generally have a judgement against you

If it’s the attorney general, they will stop fighting for you.

If u miss court it will be ruled in the other party’s favor.

Why you don’t postpone the court date?

Just call and ask if you have to be there or ask for a reschedule :woman_shrugging:

Ummm, are you stupid? Why is this even a question?

1 Like

You can always call the courts and tell them your situation and could possibly be over phone

1 Like

I recommend just showing up and taking care of your child support. Your boss will understand

For pete sakes CALL YOUR ATTORNEY! He’s the only one who can advise you

1 Like

Call the courthouse and talk to someone. You may not need to be there, or they can conference call you into the hearing as well

Don’t go and find out. Warrant for your arrest

3 Likes

It shows, that it’s not important to you, take the time Off, it’s worth it :grinning: Good luck

Go to court, much to important to miss., Don’t miss this!

Go to court. They can issue a warrant for your arrest.

1 Like

Call your child support person thru your state and ask. That’s the best advice I have for you!

You’ll lose by default. It’s in your best interest to go.

talk to your boss let him or her know what you need to do if you dont go your boss might find out not think to highly of you

Call the court and ask to be rescheduled. They will do it for you. Do it right away.

Jail and may do anything raise child support

Trust me it’s in your best interest to be there

And this is a question for your lawyer to answer, not social media.

No they side with the other parent.happened to me

He will GET EVERY THING he asks FOR…you need to GO

It goes to the other person and they get what they ask for

Seek Legal advise not FB advise

Your lawyer should go to the hearing for you

I’d go for sure. It’s the right thing to do.

The court defaults to the other person. You lose basically

7 Likes

You know what - tell your employer they understand -

You should be able to send you attorny if you can get one on your behalf

Yep, you’d be in contempt

what do you do ? its court. you’re required to be there. you tell your boss that you have a court date and that you have to be off. they’re not legally allowed to hold it against you. just bring them proof afterward and see if you can make the time up.

Yes agree rather honor the court date to avoid trouble

If you care about your daughter, take a bit of time off to sort it out

Get a lawyer and have him postpone it a little. Do nothing without an attorney. I’ve done it without one a few times, but that’s because I was the one asking and he was in an orange jumpsuit. Personally they only cared what he made. Not me. Do not skip the hearing no matter what!

I don’t think they put out a warrant but the judge may see that as you’re just fine with whatever he does and if your ex is trying to get it reduced…he will probably succeed if you aren’t there…

Why dont you see if they can deal with it if you send them all the paper work .

if you dont go , you fkn yourself hard , they will figure you dont care and will give your X whatever they are asking for

Yes you will and might lose your support

It would be in your best interest to show up.

1 Like

Question… Are you the one taking him to court over c.s.?
Or is it the state?
If it’s the state you don’t usually have to go, but they like to have you there. I know I didn’t have to go but it really helped them out having me there so I could answer questions about how often he saw our son .I kept a detailed log of that stuff…I could have emailed it in but I went instead.

It’s like giving up wat your ex is giving you for your kid

Your job should excuse you for that

They can throw your case out

Well they can decide against you without you having anything to say in defense and if judge gets a bug up his/hers hair they can put out a warrant from what I understand. Best is to talk to a Lawyer. They woukd know for sure.

If you don’t show up they are going to lower it to west Dad says and ‘proves’ how much he can afford. I’m my state anyway. Idk about yours.

ummm pretty sure court always comes before work lol

I wouldn’t miss it for anything.

Why YES you must go!!

Going to court can not be counted against you at work . .
I would make sure to go unless you have a lawyer speaking on your behalf

Typical. I don’t want too because I don’t want to miss work. If it was your ex you’d be screaming for him to turn up. Typical

Don’t miss anything to do with your child… Even if it’s just money matters… it will look really bad on you!!

Yes you will be in contempt. But the decision will go against you in the end if you are not in the court hearing proceedings.

Phone the court clerk and ask if you can participate by phone at the hearing.

If you don’t go they think you don’t need the money you better go

5 Likes

Hire a solicitor to take your place

This is called “call your lawyer and find out”

IMO->Skip court and show them who is boss! This will assert dominance over the Judiciary that handles the amount that your ex pays.

Way things are today can you do it via video chat type thing ?

Your employer will understand go to court

Possible bench warrant.

If you don’t show up, you might be the one paying. Is this a serious question lol

You must go to court ofcorse

No. You don’t have to show up. I’m in Virginia.

How about you start paying for your crotch goblin like everyone else does and then you wouldn’t need to go to court

Never miss a court date dear. Keep this in mind.anything could happen. You have to be there

What’s important to you ???

Just don’t go. You’ve just had a promotion and obviously a pay rise. Stop being greedy

1 Like

Do you want child support or not? Go.

1 Like

Could be arrested. Hire lawyer

Show up or go to jail.

Do your ex a favour and don’t show up, hope the new job promotion pays well :+1:t5:

Just ask a legal person to get exact answer

U will loose ur driver’s license & won’t be able to drive until u pay ur overdue child support.

Get a Lawyer…
If you don’t Go you get what the other side offers

You can’t gripe about how it turns out if you don’t show up. :woman_shrugging:t4:

Listen, I don’t know anything legal. But choosing a job over a custody hearing probably doesn’t bode well for your case? :woman_shrugging:t3: