What is a good formula for babys who spit up a lot?

Could be acid reflux…could be formula

We went to soy formula problem solved

My girls both used Similac Pro-Sensitive and I had Zero issues@

Your baby is FINE mine is breast fed and did the same thing, he needed his bassinet raised at the head, to help reflux… It’s also them learning to digest! Previously your baby ate through the umbilical cord!

Nutramigen, expensive but helped

Mine was like this. She just ate to fast

I would recommend going to allergist they can test the baby to see if he/she allergic to something and put them on special milk. Trying different milk may make things worse. I know this because I had to do it with my first child.

Baby could be over eating also which is GOOD , our pediatrician calls it my son’s after eating regret Bec he spits up :joy:

Nutramagen worked for my oldest. Be

Get a 2nd option from another pediatrician

Goats milk or Prosobee

Tummy could be getting to full

Goats milk or nutrimagine

We did Enfamil AR which has added rice starch to it. We tried other sensitive formulas but none worked, Enfamil AR worked the best…she still spit up some but much less than any other formula. A few other things is to make sure you are feeding slowly. They make different nipple sizes. Definitely right now you should be using the one for 0-3 months, or you can even try the ones for preemies which come out much slower but might help your baby for a month or so. But definitely at least the 0-3 month nipple. Also sometimes the bottles itself can make a difference. Some people swear by Dr. Brown’s bottles but I felt like it came out too fast regardless of the nipple size. We ended up sticking with Playtex Ventaire. It is a tilted bottle so it helps reduce the amount of bubbles that babies inhale. Lastly, keep baby upright for about 30 minutes after eating although at night this may be hard. We used a rock and play which has since been recalled, but the angle of it helped her so she didnt lay down flat. You can always put a pillow under the crib mattress so baby doesnt lay flat.

Get a second opinion.

You’re asking strangers on Facebook because you don’t trust your pediatricians opinion?

Nutrimigen or Elecare Should fix it

My son was what the doctors called a happy spitter! Nothing wrong with him and he gained the appropriate weight he just happened to spit up all.the.time. We used Similac Spit Up formula. He still spit up with it but not nearly as much as with regular formula

Lactose free formula or goats milk

Baby will eat and feel better.

This one worked so well for my babyboy👍

Speak to your pediatrician about it. She made need to be on a special formula. My daughter was on Similac sensitive

Try switching to soy formula, did the trick for us. And she went right onto milk just fine once she was done with the formula. Sometimes their little tummies just dont like the regular.

My daughter spit up almost every feeding for her first three months. Then I decided (against popular opionion) to put a tad bit if rice cereal in her bottles. It helped keep everything down and now she’s a chunker :slight_smile:

I had to switch to soy formula for mine bc she had acid reflux and later found out a lactose issue

Didn’t the doctor suggest a very small amount of baby cereal in the bottle to help hold down the formula ? That’s what my daughters doctor told us to do but she was a little bit older so not sure if it’s ok for a baby that little. So I’d ask if you haven’t. I literally put 1/2 tablespoon it helped a bit. But my daughter didn’t use formula for long we breast fed for 15 months formula was only used for a month or so

Used enfamil gentlease

Enfamil Gentle ease!

Similac pro sensitive

Similac total comfort

Have her tested for gurd

I would keep an eye on him for pyloric stenosis… It’s rare but both of my boys had it, which is extremely rare. I spent a fortune on trying different and expensive formulas because my first would throw everything up, only to find out it was this issue and not the milk. Unfortunately, that can’t be diagnosed until the baby is a month or a month and a half old. What I did up till then was feed my baby an ounce at a time. Sounds like a tiny amount but he was able to keep it down.

1 Like

Nutramigen my daughter use to do the same thing and it got so bad she would projectile vomit and no matter what we tried she always spit up so mu doctor told me to switch to the Nutramigen and as soon as we switched she never vomited again and she definitely hardly spit up it really is the best formula and it definitely made a huge difference in my daughter’s spitting up and vomiting!

2 Likes

Neutromogen and alimentum are awesome. I had the same problem. Dr told me its normal to throw up and that she probably had reflux. One day one of my friends saw it and told me that is not ok. I switched her to soy which made her very constipated. Then to alimentum and she stunk like cheetos for a year but she did not puke anymore

My daughter has GERD, couldn’t keep anything down. We switched her to a sensitive formula and started adding the baby cereal to her bottles to help thicken it. She grew out of it by 9 months once she switched over to more solids.

I personally would have her tested. She could be allergic to dairy or soy. I had 2 babies and both were allergic to dairy and one was allergic to soy. So my youngest had to be on a formula that is amino acid based. Your baby could also have something wrong with the flap that goes into the stomach. I was also told to use room temp water to mix the formula it helps with proper mixing. Also I was told to feed the baby sitting the baby more up right and instead of burping every 2 ounces I needed to burp the baby every 1/2 ounce to 1 ounce.

2 Likes

Same thing happened to my son and I switched to similac total comfort (light purple can). It’s milk based but the milk protein is taken out so it’s easier to digest. I would get him tested for a milk allergy though. I pushed for one even though they didn’t think it was necessary and it was positive.

2 Likes

We have to use gerber extensive hypoallergenic because she spit up every feed and was so fussy and breaking out. Turns out she had an egg allergy and acid reflux

Story a soy milk formula like prosobee. Sounds like he or she could be lactose intolerant. My kids both had this problem as babies. One grew out of it. 9ne did not

I used similar for spit up for my son everything else he would throw up almost all of his formula he ate. Even breast milk made him sick too.

My kids were on Alimentum. They also projectile vomiting but had stomach issues as well

1 Like

My son used to spit up every feed about 4 times after every feeding till the point I had to feed him again because he spit it all up. He is now using nutramigen and the sit up is wayyyy less. When he burps a little comes out lol he burps like a grown man ! But ask your doctor about nutramigen! I wish you and your baby the best :two_hearts:

1 Like

My oldest had a sensitive stomach and we used Similac sensitive which worked great for her. My 1 month old is on the same thing but a different brand. I use Sensitivity. It is the same thing but Aldi brand and she does well with it. She still spits up some but nothing only little amounts after I burp her.

1 Like

Definitely switch formulas and also have a sono of the baby belly. Throwing up kids give me peloric stenosis vibes and that’s what my baby had so I’d switch and get the baby belly checked out as well to make sure cuz it’s not normal. Also my daughter doctor told me the same thing until she started losing weight from throwing up all the time. Good luck I hope everything works out for yall.

2 Likes

Ask your doctor but my daughter used Isomil for acid reflux which caused her to spit up constantly. Make sure you feed the baby sitting up and keep sitting up for 30 minutes after feeding.

Enfamil AR is what I gave my son for his spit up, first 2 months of his life was constant crying, gas and puking… was on nutramigen with no luck & its so expensive… my doctor gave me a sample can of AR before i bought some and he was a complete different baby after just one bottle of the AR.

1 Like

With my first kiddo we used Similac Total Comfort and that seemed to help with the constant spitting

Could be a few things over feeding, try feeding less at a time. Try getting a gentle formula. And make sure even if they don’t seem gassy to be burping them after a feeding.

We only stopped puking and had good poops with the walmart brand version of enfamil. We tried every name brand formula, soy, organic, etc. And that was the only one that agreed with my babies tummy. Sometimes you just gotta try them around. Be aware that they need about a week or 2 to adjust to each new formula.

Elecare… but I would do a time test give her small amount and see how long the spit up last.
Over feeding can cause spit up also

My son also spit up after every feeding and I switched to the regular Costco brand formula (also, it’s an amazing price) and that surprisingly helped him a lot. But every baby is different so it may be a little trial and error before you find one that works well for your baby.

1 Like

I would take the advice if your doctor. Adding anything to a bottle is dangerous. That is for kids that get formula into there lungs. Nutramgene is really good for spit up. My son projectile spit up for 6 mths put him on that after 6 different formulas never spit up again. This was done under doctors advice

2 Likes

For my daughter I used a soy based formula and with my youngest I opted for the parents choice sensitive it has an orange top. It worked really good for him.

All my kids had to be on Similac sensitive. If I used anything else they got so sick

Similac spit up formula has rice in it and helps with that my daughter was same way and she even stopped gaining weight until i switched her to it its the lime green can i do belive

She sounds lactose intolerant maybe?? Try something lactose free…my baby girl had the same issue…good luck!

I had to put my daughter on Nutramigen. She has a cow’s milk protein allergy we found out

1 Like

If you use WIC you will more than likely have to change multiple times because they usually have a list they do in a certain order. In TN the doctor has to do paperwork every time. It sucks!

Could be acid reflux.try a sensitive baby formula

We use Similac Pro Total Comfort and they rarely spit up. They have been on it since 1 week and are now 2 days shy of 7 months.

I had a similar issue, I switched to enfamil gentlease and made sure that the bottles were the slowest flow level (depending on the brand, 0 or 1). This helped tremendously for me.

Might not always be the formula may be eating to much remeber their bellies are only as big as their fist so may need to do smaller feeding more often

I switch my kid to gentlease formula and she did well on it

My son did the same thing, there are formulas with rice cereal pre added, worked miracles.

Similar sensitive it’s the orange one! It worked wonders for my little one

May need to do smaller sessions with burps In Between

They outgrown it by the time they are six months old. Just try not to move them around after a bottle and keep them sitting up for awhile.

Nutramagen is what my baby was on and is still on at almost 2 years old she still spit up but it helped

she should not be doing that-change what what she eats-she needs something sweet at the end of spoon

Watch her closely, & if she continues, consider a 2nd Opinion. Be proactive if it goes on & ask to have her checked for Lactose Intolerance, etc. Hope all goes well. :blush:

Try similac spit up the green tin.

Almost guarantee she has acid reflux. My daughter did this too. Ended up on medication for it but it still didn’t help so we switched her to powdered milk and she never had a problem again

Nutramigan worked best for all 3 of my kiddos that spit up and had reflux

1 Like

Soy baby formula, worked good on my daughter she had the same problem

We could only use Similac total comfort (purple can)

Gerber soothe was my favorite with 3 of 5 kiddos

She could be lactose intolerant.

Total comfort but each baby is different.

Try a soy formula baby could be lactose intolerant

All of my babies had to have soy milk

I used Alimentum for my son

Walmart brand Enfamil AR.

1 Like

After you feed her sit her up for about 15 minutes

Try similac TOTAL COMFORT

U can try goats milk

My 1st baby was like that. I tried so many different brands and it ended up that she needed soy. So similac soy and to this day (18 years later) she still isn’t a fan of any milk products.

Some baby overall spit up mine did as long as they as gaining they are fine

Good start soothe pro purple can.

All 4 of my babies had to be on nutramagin it took us weeks of trying different formulas with our first but within 24 hrs of being on the nutromagin she was a completely different baby!

2 Likes
  1. are you sure nothing is wrong with her? My son had acid reflux and we told them all the time and had frequent appointments where they turned us away, but at 3 months he wasn’t up to weight so they sent us for the upper GI and confirmed he had acid reflux. Looking back, I wish I had snapped on them for all the trouble we went through with him. A simple formula switch to hypoallergenic formula(Similac Alimentum) was all it took to fix the issue.

We knew my baby had reflux bc of this wheezing noise he made every now and then throughout the day. It was really quiet, but we could tell.

1. If there’s nothing wrong with her, have they suggested formula changes? If not, why? I’d press the issue and not leave the office if she starts dropping weight or has trouble gaining weight.

Sounds like reflux. While feeding hold your lo facing out like a football. After feeding burp and have your lo propped up for about 20 minuets. My oldest threw up after every feeding and then some. Doing this and using zantac helped alot.

Gentlesse my son was like that ro

I use this for my son!!! Similac spit up I used it for my oldest son also works amazing!!! So does enfamil AR but they don’t sell it close enough to me so to drive over an hr to get it wasn’t worth the money!!! The only reason I switched to similac

I used enfamil gentelease

Definitely talk with your pediatrician to make sure what your baby is experiencing is not caused by something else and they can give you recommendations.

Also try a different bottle, that helped us!

My baby used to vomit to much we tried all milks the only milk he could keep in was infacare… my baba would vomit so much after feeding it would look like ge had 2 bottles of milk

With our youngest (just turned 8 months) we had lots of spit up issues. We tried several different formulas and the one that worked the best is similac pro sensitive… they also make some that are completely lactose free, some with rice starch to thicken it, etc. Enfamil makes all the variations too but made both of our kids constipated. The pediatrician refused to prescribe something for reflux because she was still gaining weight… and I’m glad they didn’t because it has since been pulled from the market for possibly causing cancer. It can get expensive to have to buy a canister to try it out so good luck! Gas drops and gripe water can help as well

mix Alitalia rice cresl in her bottle that helps

This is not encouraging but my mon always said I spit up constantly in 1945 and ruined all my white clothes. Thanks mom. She even said I projectile vomited, but not sure she knew that was what it was called then. I have had irritable bowel since early childhood and all my life with GERD. NEVER ENDS. I can’t have milk and neither could my brother. I am lactose intolerant, react to acidic foods of all kinds and sugars natural or artificial but can have Stevia. So mine was the food and I was never breast fed. But my grandson had only breast milk and still had bad projectile spit ups. My daughter’s milk was thick, plentiful and I called him my Buda baby. At 15 he is an avid athlete and y’all and skinny. So there is the bad and the good. My son didn’t spit up much but has the irritable bowel with diarrhea after evening meals mostly as they are to heavy I guess. I’m am sure your baby will outgrow it but watch for future stomach problems which may or may not happen. Just prop you baby at a @35 degree angle after feeding.