What is it like being pregnant soon after giving birth?

Have any of you mamas ever gotten pregnant literally right after having a baby, my husband and I got caught up in the moment when I was four weeks PP, and now another four weeks later, my boobs really hurt; I’ve heard there could be complications with the baby getting pregnant so close together, and I’m worried, I have not taken a test yet because I’m still on my first period PP, I just wanted to know if anyone has kids a month apart in age and they’re ok

61 Likes

I got pregnant 6 weeks after giving birth. No complications during or after with my pregnancy. Just a lot of hard work and lack of sleep :sleeping:. 8 years on, they are best friends and inseparable.

Be prepared for after pains, I was never told about them lol its not nice, also your milk will come in quicker if you have dried up/aren’t breastfeeding, the discharge is worse and bleeding after birth.

My boys are 1 year and 9 days apart. No major complications. The only issue I had that I know was from them being so close was placenta placement. And it was more an issue for me personally than an issue with the pregnancy. I had a front facing placenta so I couldn’t keel him as much and it made me sad because I loved watching my last one move and feeling him from the inside and outside.
My second pregnancy was actually better than the first one. I was more emotionally challenged. But my boys turned 1 and 2 in June and OMG I LOVE having them this close in age. I also love knowing I don’t have to worry about having another child to get my two lol.

Just always follow your gut and make sure you can really trust your doctor if you do end up pregnant again.

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. What is it like being pregnant soon after giving birth? - Mamas Uncut

My grandmother had twins, 11 months later she had a boy, 10 months after that she had a girl. She was 18 when the last was born. They were all fine.

Your boob are gonna be sore for awhile lol, try taking a pregnancy test in a week to 2…

2 Likes

It was awful lol back to back pains.

2 Likes

I got pregnant with my daughter 4 months after my 1st was born. It was harder on me than her because my body was not back to normal yet. My hormones were pretty wild and PP was a little worse with her.

My friend has babies about 10 months apart and both healthy

People say its better to have them together. I had my twin girls in November and due a little boy in November too lol I think this pregnancy is easy compared to my girls lol but I’ve got t get to the birth bit yet :rofl: xxx

1 Like

If you have your period currently you aren’t pregnant

It was horrible for me (extra pain in my back and legs)

My son was 4 months old when I found out I was pregnant with my daughter. Yes there can be a chance of complications but that’s the case with any pregnancy. For me, my second pregnancy was for the most part easier because my body was already used to being pregnant. My back hurt slightly more but other than that nothing horrible. In general things were easier and labor wasn’t as bad for me.

I got pregnant again 6 months l after having my first. Everything went fine :joy:

Lol. Uhm I had my first in November of 2007. My twins where born in October of 2008. Its hell on your body and your mental state. Lots of help and rest is what you need.

3 Likes

I’d be so scared to do it after giving birth. My first thought would be it’s going to hurt, my second thought is hell no I don’t want any more so I’m just going to wait until I get my birth control :joy:. More power to you. Sorry I’m no help.

1 Like

You’re crazy​:expressionless: I couldn’t have sex for ages after I gave birth I was too scared! Plus you bleed for a while and I personally wouldn’t EVER have sex while bleeding​:joy::joy:

My kids were born 12 months apart to the day! I have never been able to bounce my body back and feel like a deflated ballon all the time. All and all would not change it for the world! But my story everyone is different…

1 Like

My two youngest are 12 months and 10 days apart. The youngest was perfectly fine and thankfully for me pregnancy was good too.

I got pregnant 6 weeks after I gave birth. I have 2 girls who are the same age for 5 days and they are fine

2 Likes

my friend had it happen but her babies were healthy & perfect. she struggled herself a bit because she was just over pregnancy & it caused her some preterm labor & the second baby came a bit earlier than expected but still all healthy & everyone was fine. idk about the bleeding though… she wasn’t bleeding anymore at the time so i don’t know if that makes any difference or how that works. best thing to do is call your doctor because they’ll either give you a sooner appt or tell you to just wait till your 6 week exam & they can test you and see if anything occurred from there. good luck mama :pray:t3:

Your kids won’t be “a month apart” IF you are pregnant, it’ll still take nine months to make that one :wink:

2 Likes

My kids share a birthday one year apart. No problems.

1 Like

my 2 or 11 months apart. my mother and her sister are 9 months apart, no problem,

I had 3 back to back pregnancies. The only issue I had was I had low iron. But I took supplements.

My closest was baby #4 and #5 I got pregnant when my 4th was 10 months old. Only symptoms I ever had was extreme fatigue and very weird dreams.

My sister and I are 10 months apart, take the test and continue being a mom :heartpulse:

1 Like

I mean I have a 6 month old and am 4.5 months pregnant… so far so good!

Okay so am I the only one who noticed she said she’s on her period now?

3 Likes

My girls are 10 months apart and tbh I don’t regret it one bit x

2 Likes

I had 3 under 3 with no complications

2 Likes

My 2 are 13months apart
No complications at all during pregnancy with 2nd although back pain was worse.
2nd time your body knows the feels of carrying a child, and you also know what to expect.
I thought 2nd time round was easier and more cruisier than the 1st minus the intense backpain

I had my kids 11 months apart January 2008 December 2008

1 Like

I had one in 2015, 2016, and 2017.

My 2015 and 2016 are 16 months apart
My 2016 and 2017 are 14 months apart.

It is pure chaos most days…

Yep. My older two are 11 months apart, and I just had my younger two 10 months apart. Pregnant 4 weeks postpartum. I’m fine but my body is wore out. You definitely need to take care of yourself. As for taking care of two babies, it’s not as bad as people make it out to be!

If you aye breast feeding your boobs could hurt because of milk production changes. You said you are having a period… Chances of being pregnant is slim also tender boobs is also common during mensturation.

Our youngest two are 13 months apart​:woozy_face::joy::heart: temptation and lack of planning is real but I wouldn’t change anything.

My 2 youngest kids are 14 months apart found out I was pregnant when my son was 6 months old

1 Like

I heard only complications were if you are on the older side

I had my son feb 2016 and my daughter November 2016. It was hard. But it’s worth it

1 Like

My older boys are exactly a yr apart

1 Like

My 2 and 3 year old is 10 months apart

1 Like

My two oldest are 10 month apart. And then another 2.5 years after… everyone is as good as can be. I love the idea of them being close in age… even tho now at age 6,5,&3 they are all little terrorist monsters, I’m hopeful it’s a phase :sweat_smile:

If you are still bleeding I don’t think you can get pg.

My mom has 4 of us all 11 months apart to the day

2 Likes

Sick,tired,fed up, excited,happy,hate everything, love everything. So much! Girl, mixed up emotions and a hella roller coaster ride.
I assure you, they are worth it all. Good luck

My oldest two are 10 months and 8 days apart. I personally had no complications. My oldest will be 19 on Friday and my second oldest is 18 now.

You’re supposed to wait 6 weeks SMH

5 Likes

My mum had me November and my brother following October lol apparently your so fertile u could have twins (sorry) xxx

My mom had my brother and I 10.5 months apart, he’s always been fine. It was hard but she managed.

Mine are 14 months apart. It just felt like I was pregnant for yearsss :sweat_smile: they’re best friends and I had no complications. With my first though I had Intrahepatic Cholestasis but not with my second. Just terrible sickness with both. Good luck mama x

Mine are 9 months 2 weeks apart it is super bad on u emotionally. And physically wouldn’t recommend

2 Likes

Wow, congratulations! How can any female feel like having sex after 4 weeks! Heck, my Menorrghia kicked it right as soon as I gave birth! We were blessed w/a lil after 23 yrs of trying! God bless you! :heart::heart:

Mine are nearly exactly a year apart. The second pregnancy was easier than the first, beginning to end. Your doctor just won’t let you labor naturally if the first one was a c-section. You’re not considered fully healed from a c-section for a full 18 months. If you try to labor- give birth to another baby before those 18 months are up, your c-section scar could burst open. Other than that, there are no complications that wouldn’t happen in any other pregnancy. Oh, eat also lots and lots of nutritious foods. Lots. Keep taking your prenatal vitamin, but that’s not going to be enough. Lots and lots of iron rich foods. I got pica really bad my second pregnancy because my body was so low in iron because my pregnancies were back to back. I craved ice like nothing else. The baby was fine, though. She’s about to start Kindergarten this fall.

My to youngest is 11 months n my newborn is almost a month on Friday its tire sum but

My girl are a 1 year 6 days apart :heart:

9 months 2 weeks and a day apart both healthy

Me!
I have kids who are 12 months apart and kids who are 10 months apart :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I have four kids in under three years…my son and daughter are 10 1/2 months apart, and then my second daughter is 1 year 8 days apart, and then my fourth is 1 year 1 1/2 months apart, all before my first born turned 3…do NOT recommend!!! Lol.

1 Like

My brother and i are 10 months apart to the day. We are both good!

Yep, twice. My first two are 11 mths apart and the second two are 13 mths apart. If you’re pregnant, baby will be fine. If you’re still bleeding, I doubt you’re pregnant. Just my opinion.

My first two are 11months apart and they are fine they are now 14 &15 and no issues at all

Your boobs probably hurt because you have your period.

Are u sure you are pregnant? Didn’t you say you were on your first period PP?

3 Likes

I got pregnant with my son about 2 and a half months after my daughter was born. Physically I was fine! And that was even after a very rough first pregnancy. Emotionally it was a little rough… mostly from lack of sleep… after he was born but after about 2 months when everything settles down and you get a little routine… to the best of your abilities lol… it’s not so bad. I had pretty bad depression and and their dad was a raging asshole who never lifted a finger to help. So if I can do it I have faith in you! You can do it too! We’re moms, the real super hero. We do the impossible every day. We got this!

I think I turned out okay :rofl: same age as my brother for 8 days :joy: he will never live that down :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

You will be ok I had 2 sons back to back first one January 14th second one on November 20th

Best feeling for me was when my second son realized my first son was settling to rest I used to get hit kicked and punch until I brought the first son on me where they can feel each other on me then both my sons would relax . . . to know that all though they don’t know each other they still are looking out for each other

1 Like

Yes. The only this is that would body isn’t healed and my second was 2 months early because I couldn’t hold her. Didn’t learn from the first time did it again and I wasn’t healed so I was unable to hold my 3rd and the sac started falling through the canal at 5 months gestation. The stupid doctor popped the sack when he should have pushed it back and added Staples inside and it cause a vacuum affect and it sucked my baby back in causing my placenta to detach and I lost her. It was the worst moment of my life. The convinced me that birthing her that early would be extremely dangerous because she’d more than likely die I listened and kept her inside and she died anyways. I still always think I should’ve just had her and sent her to NICU. But I listened to the stupid doctors. I’m still angry with myself and think of her daily because after I had her she looked normal and developed just extremely tiny

4 Likes

Even if you were pregnant, your children would not be a month apart in age. They would be 10ish months apart in age.

7 Likes

I have two January babies that are just under a year apart. The biggest issue is your body doesn’t have a chance to rebound. So you are at higher risk of delivering early. I breastfed 6 months and then was pretty exhausted and unable to continue because of my second pregnancy. I know many people continue breastfeeding. It’s very possible also. I just didn’t have it in me.
Having a new born and a almost one year old is a lot. But the one year old was still napping so when they both were down for a nap, so was I.
A good support system helps a lot also. Good luck! It’s not all bad, it’s just not all rainbows and roses either.

1 Like

I was pregnant 8 months after having my first child, 16 years later I still have back problems, something to do with the back muscles stretch to make way for a baby but can take a year to go back to normal so they didn’t have the chance, so my recommendation is to look after your back once baby is born, any exercises to strengthen back and your core muscles are good x

I did and my boys where healthy I had one March 11th and then one April 11th

1 Like

Do you mean period period or lochia?

Mine are 10 months to the day apart… it was very hard on my body and 2 toddlers suck!

Mine are 12 months and 12 days apart and they’re best friends

My grandkids are 10 months apart and no problems at all.

My brother and I are 11 months apart, my mom got pregnant 4wks after she had my brother and had complications the entire pregnancy.

i have 5 kids close in age no complications

My third was born May 2009 and last was May 2010. Both are fine and healthy preteens

Yep, and it sucked.
My girls are older now and it’s fine but the pregnancy and life I general was tough at first.

Me and my sister are irish twins and are the same age for 6 days. My boyfriend and his sister are the same age for 1 month 3 days. Best of luck! I have always enjoyed having my sibling so close in age but she hated it. Lol

My first was born March 7, 2015 my 2nd was born Feb 8th, 2016. 11 months apart.

My girls are 9 1/2 months apart, they don’t get along very well but they love each other.

I got pregnant 3 months after my first and had cesareans both times and we’re good!

My sisters were born on the same year … one in January, and the other in December.

The only complications my mom had were emotional.

That would be crazy if someone had kids that are a month apart

5 Likes

My kids are 10 months and 27 days apart. However if you are still on your PP period it’s less likely.

I have 2 daughters that are the same age each year for 3 months, the older one was 9months and 2 days when I had her sister and have had 2 recently I had my youngest on 4/20/21 and the on 5/1/2021 our son turned 1. Im fine from both times

Sincerely hoping that was a typo when asking if anyone has kids a month apart….

1 Like

I got pregnant when my oldest was 4 months old any questions you can ask

My babies are 10 months and 1 day apart. Both perfectly healthy💖

My brother and I are 10 months apart and my mother had no complications

1 Like

Meee!! My 2 oldest are 10 mos and 1 week apart

I had no complications

Mine are 16 months apart and the second one was perfect. Someone mentioned before the only complication I had was pp depression. I felt way guilty that I didn’t get to give my first child the attention he deserved and I couldn’t imagine loving someone as much as I did my first child, but that was absolutely not true once she was born. Get through the emotional part and you yourself stay positive and healthy as well. Let go and let God. :pray:t3:

Yup. My boys are 10 months one week apart

My husband and his sister are 11 mo apart and they were both fine!

My first was born Feb 05…I had twins Feb 06…Lol. You should be ok. Best of luck!

My cousin got pregnant with her daughter like 2 weeks after having her son. They turned out fine.