What is the perfect amount of years between children?

13 mo apart the first two and then a nice 14 year gap lol. I don’t think there’s a perfect time, but do what’s best for your family. It’s never too soon or too late :black_heart:

Girl, you’re going to get a thousand different opinions on this subject. Haha. My son is an only child and is going to stay an only child, so I can’t speak on the subject from personal experience. I would say just do what would you feel what works for you at the current time. Think about where you are and if you could handle a baby at that time. Having a baby and a toddler at the same time is quite a task, so just see how your daughter is in the future and see if she would be good with a baby around. She’ll get less attention, so if she still needs attention, maybe put it off for a bit. My son is now almost 4 and if we were to have another one, now would be good because he can play on his own and do his own thing. He needed a lot of our attention before now and another kid would have not worked. Also, he would be able to help out and that would make him feel involved. Grant it, this is all guessing since we are sticking at one. Haha.

1 Like

I have 2, 13 months apart and they are fabulous :heart_eyes: I was pregnant when my baby was 4months old… its all a blur now…but at the moment everything is good… i was a single mum studying nursing also so cant have been too bad if i aced that while having two babies :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

My bio ones are all 2.5 years apart. The adopted 10 fall in between the bio kids age ranges. Add it all up I now have 13 amazing kids all between the ages of 17-24

It depends on what works for your family. There is no right or wrong time. Once you have your first you’ll know when (if) you’re ready for the second. Some wait a few years while others have them 10 months apart. You will know when the time is right. Me personally, I have 3 and they are 4 and half years apart. I love it. Also, I never had the cost of buying double the diapers.

1 Like

I find its way easier to spread them out a bit. And atleast wait til each child is potty trained. Its a huge pain to have 2 in diapers/pull ups and training all at the same time. That and it gives you a chance to enjoy each child and give them your time when they are so little. They are alot better helpers too when they are older than the next lol.

1 Like

My older brother is 2 n a half years older than me and my sister is 10 years younger than me. To us, our age makes no difference. We never fought because we were raised to respect each other no matter what. I’m pregnant with my second child and my son is 8 years old. He’s excited to have a little sister to look after and teach things to. I’ve always thought that I would have another child when my son was already in school and able to do things on his own. It’s less stress. My son already loves his baby sister. He tries his best to take care of me and my belly so that nothing happens to us. It’s adorable.

I had my daughter in 2014. We were pregnant again in 2016 which would have made them 3 years apart. However, some things you can’t plan. So after 3 miscarriages and no planning, her brother came and they are 4 years 7 months apart. So some times planning and the “perfect” age gap isn’t worried about.

I have 3, 3 years apart and it worked out perfectly only 1 in diapers and 1 nursing at a time no extra expense and the older one almost ready to enter school so they each get one on one bonding time

I have almost three years between my older girls and then an 8 year gap between my middle and last. My elder two are so amazing with my little one! Love the huge gap.

I don’t think there is a right or wrong answer to this, it comes down to preferences. I had mine back to back, 3 in just under 4 years, and for a while I struggled - physically, emotionally, spiritually, etc. I’ve seen others who space the kiddos out several years, and they still struggle in ways. Now that mine are older, its great - they are 8, 9, and 12, and for the most part its great. They do fight, but all siblings do.

I’ve got 5 children, 2 eldest there is 9 months apart then 3 years between them each to number 4, then I’ve got almost 13 years between the 2 youngest, dont think there’s really a perfect time

My brother and I are four years apart (I’m older) and honestly he is my very best friend!! I was thinking the same, my son just turned 1 and want to plan ahead before deciding to have another baby.

I have 2 boys 20 months apart and at first it was really rough but starting to get easier (youngest is almost 9 months) but i think 3 yrs would be best. Theyd understand a baby sibling easier.

Ideally would be to provide each child their first 5 vital years as the only one that young, like going into kindergarten and then try for a nother

Mine are 15 months apart, I personally love kids being close in age, but some prefer further apart. It’s all up to you, really. Lol

1 Like

My kids are 4 years apart, they get along great and i only had to deal with 1 in diapers at a time and now that they are JR high and high school its nice to spread out school tuition. Good luck

Four years is too far apart. However 18 months and less is too close. That is my experience. I would think that 2-3 years would be best

My brother and I are 18 months apart and are best friends. Our older sisters are the same age apart and they fought constantly but nowget along

no it’s not. My daughter is almost 2, and i think 4 years is pretty good. My daughters father and his brother are 6 years apart and still just as close, as if they were closer in age.

Idk the perfect amount. I have 9,5,2,and 5 months and none of those age gaps really get along or have the same interests. Especially my 4 year gap and my 2 year gap, those three children are constantly bugged by eachother🤣

there’s not any “perfect” number of years between kids …

1 Like

my 3rd is on the way and my daughter will be 6, my son will be 22 months and a new born.

My boys are 14 months apart :sweat_smile: #sendhelp hahahaha

1 Like

2 years to 2 1/2 years apart, they then are close enough to play with one another.

All 3 of my girls are 3 yrs 11mos apart…

I had twins Soooo…

My kids are 9, 4, and 2 1/2 years apart. (Out of 4 kids)

I say 2-4 years apart is a nice gap.

Mine will be exactly 2 year and 1 month apart when our son is born. We wanted to shoot for about a 2 year age difference. I’ve learned that while I’m excited for them to be closer in age for good sibling bonding, I do feel like many days it is difficult being a Mom to a toddler and being pregnant, especially with the fatigue. Right now, my girl is 20 months and I’m 4.5 months pregnant.

My son was born October 2016. My daughter was born April 2018. My due date now is November 2020. Told my fiancé I want one maybe two more two years apart as well.

!4 mths between my eldest daughter and son…little sister is 10 (& 11) yrs younger. The oldest 2 are extremely close. Yes they “fought” when they were younger…but also loved each other to no end. Still very close. My youngest daughter has a bond with her sister but not a real close one…she and my son are not really close at all. I have always said it’s better to have kids no more than a couple years apart. Too far apart is not ideal if you want them to have a close bond. As for you being ready to have another child … you will be ready when the time comes. I wouldn’t stress about that too much.

To each their own, but there is a 7 yr difference between my 2. It gave me enough one on one with my first born and be comfortable with the first one when he started school for the first 3 years and still had time with him because my second one was still young. The only thing is the child who is the oldest, some have patience with new babies and some don’t, that’s when things might get a challenging.

I have 3 kids. 21, 13, & 12. When I had my oldest my mom would always bug and ask me when I was gonna have the next one. I told her when he was 5. She would tell me it’s to long. Boy do I regret it!! My oldest was an only child for 7 yrs. And being a young mom not many of my friends had kids. Seeing the bond and closeness my younger 2 have I wish I wouldn’t have waited. I say at least 2 yrs the most

My daughter is 4 years old going to be 5 in September and my son is a year old and I’m currently pregnant with baby number 3 that is due in January but it all depends on you.

I have 3 boys 13, 12, and 6. The older two fight like cats and dogs but they are really good with their little brother. The older two were thick as thieves before teenage years hit.

My babies are 10 years apart… everyone is different

Mine are 11 1/2 months apart…they are in their mid 30s now and are the best of friends. It was difficult at first but I wouldn’t have done it any other way

Mine are 19,10, & almost 7

I waited until my son turned one and then we started trying got preg really quickly and my baby girl was 2 months old by my boys 2nd birthday their close they still do fight but i feel blessed but ive seen diff age gaps work to just do what feels right for your family

I’d say do what makes you happy my. Oldest and second born are 5 years apart and they get along really well but my second born and third born are like two years apart and all they do is fight constantly

I had 2 in two years don’t recommend