What is the point of a baby registry if no one gets what you need?

What is the point of a baby registry if no one gets anything you need off of it? I am pregnant with my 4th kid and now I have nothing that I NEED for baby and am having to get everything myself…just seems pointless to me

467 Likes

This is your FOURTH kid and I’m sure everyone has given you plenty already for your previous kids. HOW do you have nothing saved after having 3? Each baby doesn’t need all new things lmfao

I had baby showers and never registered. I was just grateful to get anything.

215 Likes

I had one baby shower for my first…. No registry as it was 2010, and that wasn’t really a big thing. Figured it out on my own for my 2nd and 3rd. Best to be prepared for life yourself instead of depending on others to get you through.

251 Likes

I mean for my second baby I had so many things from my first that I didn’t need too much except a car seat and they are 4 years apart. And when I had my third I only needed clothes cause he has two sisters. I think you need to reevaluate what your doing lol

232 Likes

I always got what I need myself. Never had baby registries and most of my baby stuff came from second hand stores or yard sales. Not everyone has money to buy brand new expensive items. I was lucky to get diapers and wipes at my baby showers . I bought what I could before baby arrived.

57 Likes

Being your 4th baby I would think you’d have what you need! You should be grateful for whatever gifts you got.

43 Likes

I only had a baby shower for my 1st and I have 4 kids But that first one, the registry was bought out and even doubles😂 My advice is too late but I saved everything from my 1st and thrifted what I needed from there
Marketplace and thrifting is where it’s at

17 Likes

Do js…
You sound a little ungrateful?
Appreciate everything you get. Times are hard for people today.
Good luck and many blessings.

7 Likes

I think one baby shower is enough. Be sure thankful for that.

6 Likes

I’m old… when I had my 3 kids, you only got a baby shower with the first birth.

26 Likes

I had a baby shower for my 1st, not for my 2nd, third or fourth. You can’t expect people to buy everything you need. Be grateful if you do get any baby gifts

168 Likes

I never really did the registry and we have 3. We did most of it all on our own. Didn’t even have a baby shower or anything. We kept as much as possible from each one and passed it along. We have friends with kids around the same age so we just passed clothes to the next. I was the only one with a boy so we had to mainly buy more for him. But the girls had used clothes with the exception of a few new. New carseats and gifted cribs, swings, and bouncers

1 Like

I have four kids ages 5 months to 15. I’ve never had a baby shower, so I’d just be grateful to have been celebrated and gifted anything at all.

19 Likes

No one bought off my registry either. I didn’t even get to have a baby shower for my 2nd because she came at 33 weeks. Honestly, just be grateful that people actually cared enough to buy something and show up.

143 Likes

I never got gifts from a registry. With my second baby I had 11 years after my first no one even came. My husband “showered” me with all the things we needed to welcome our boy.

12 Likes

I would be thankful for whatever someone gave you. They didn’t have to especially after it being your 4th baby. Just be thankful. You can always get things you need that you didn’t get on your own.

37 Likes

I never had a baby shower. I had to buy everything myself. I’ve only had 1 baby.

59 Likes

:heart: Bless your heart! Making a baby registry is a wonderful way to let people know what you want and don’t have. But it’s just a suggestion for gift giving. Appreciate a gift for what it is. Many times people will gift seasoned mothers with diapers, wipes, or a simple outfit because they are expecting you to still have everything a baby would need considering it’s your 4th. After the 1st baby a lot of people find it unnecessary to keep gifting big ticket items for showers. They go with simple, cheap, and needed. It’s your responsibility to get your baby their needs. A registry and shower are just a bonus to help with little things.

3 Likes

It’s your responsibility to get it and not others!!

3 Likes

To get the completion discount for what you need.

1 Like

Welllllll… Had a shower for our first baby. After that if someone gave us anything for our second I considered it a kind gesture.

4 Likes

Well I am pregnant also 4th kid and having to start all over. My husband and I, just have her a few clothes as of right now. But I seriously think our families would laugh at us if we had a baby shower or a registry… :rofl: you just slowly get what the baby needs.

24 Likes

Listen, it’s valid to feel frustrated. Sure, be glad folks care enough to get you something, but it’s entirely understandable to be frustrated with still needing a lot when your community isn’t hearing your needs and really helping with them in a tangible way and are only getting you cutesy stuff that you don’t really need. It’s frustrating when you don’t have your needs met and now have more work or more money to spend because they didn’t pay attention. It’s valid to feel that way.

3 Likes

You sound ungrateful ,take responsibility and get the things you need before complaining. Be grateful for the gifts you received

33 Likes

I figure it gives people at least an idea of what you want an need.

1 Like

It’s in the hopes that someone can maybe help out. In the long run, it is our job to provide for our children.

3 Likes

This is your 4th kid. You should have everything really. Unless there was a huge age gap. Then that’s understandable to not have anything but a lot of people the 3rd or 4 time around probably wouldn’t do it. Be thankful for what you’re given

84 Likes

I brought the boxes down from the attic

23 Likes

It’s for fun. Nobody owes you anything, only the people involved in the child’s creation are responsible for providing what they need :joy: I’m currently pregnant with #3 and while I spent a lot of time on my registry, it was just shopping for me. I already have or have a plan for every essential, whatever anyone buys for the baby shower is extra!

19 Likes

No one gave me a baby shower at all. I bought every single thing I needed myself. I would have been grateful for absolutely anything. :woman_shrugging:

7 Likes

You should be if this is your fourth lol.

2 Likes

You don’t get one for your 4th. Maybe a sprinkle which ppl just get you what they want

2 Likes

I don’t even make a registry I have 4 kids most people that came gave us gift cards and my mom went crazy on clothes I figured no one owes us anything we only had a shower so we could see family before our life got more crazy

15 Likes

If you’re on baby 4, why don’t you already have these things? And also, it’s nice if others buy you things, but you shouldn’t expect it unless they got you pregnant.

2 Likes

Out of town family used mine mostly or used it for idea

That’s kinda a 1st baby thing not 4th just saying lol. I assume they think you should have everything you need being your 4th baby. I just had my 4th in Feb and I haven’t bought anything but bottle and diapers since I already had everything from my previous children.

5 Likes

Imagine thinking you deserve special treatment for getting creampied

3 Likes

The registry is for suggestions. This child is your responsibility.

We had a baby shower for the first child and were extremely thankful for all of the gifts.

13 Likes

Wow…be grateful for what you receive. It’s not your first child and it is your responsibility to buy what was not gifted on the registry. I place extra emphasis on the word GIFTED.

2 Likes

My three girls never had baby registries. They each had one surprise baby shower and after that they took care of baby supplies themselves. They re-used their baby items, shopped at second hand baby specific stores and traded with each other.
Be grateful for your friends who were thoughtful enough to buy gifts for you! Now is the time to look after the rest on your own.

10 Likes

If I was going to your baby shower and saw your post, I’d get you a big bag of rocks! Smh

2 Likes

Gurl, be happy with some diapers.

13 Likes

I’ve never had a baby shower and bought everything myself. I was happy to get any gifts when he was born. You always think you need a lot of stuff but you really don’t.

4 Likes

Don’t expect others to pay for things you need for your own kid. They’re trying to be nice by buying things you probably wouldn’t because you’re focused on what they need. Let others buy extra, non-essential items and you focus on their needs. Be grateful. Many people don’t have that kind of support.

15 Likes

4 Likes

By baby 4 I would think you would have everything you need.

3 Likes

Wow!!! If I say what I want to say I won’t hear the end of it !

4 Likes

Never had a baby shower or,anything else.Just be thankful people care.Not a lot of people have that.

1 Like

I only had a baby shower for my first. That’s how my whole family was, didn’t matter how many kids they had, ONLY the first one got a baby shower. I didn’t expect or get gifts that were extravagant, mainly clothes and diapers. Be grateful for anything youre gifted. It’s no one’s job but yours to buy the things your baby is going to need.

1 Like

You had the baby. It’s you and your partner’s responsibility to buy whatever the baby needs. Anything else anyone gets is out of the kindness of their heart.

3 Likes

You should have asked for gift cards

2 Likes

I’ve had 3 children and bought everything for them myself, your choice to have a baby, so your responsibility to make sure you have everything you need for when baby comes along. Nobody owes you anything

5 Likes

A baby register thankfully not a thing here

1 Like

You‘ve had 4 kids… i feel like aside from diapers and formula you should already have everything you need. 4 baby showers is WILD.

Also it was your decision to get creampied, so why is it the responsibility of others to sponsor these kids? Weirdly entitled perspective honestly.

1 Like

I get people saying shouldn’t you have things from your other 3 kids but we don’t know how old they are. I’ve just had my 3rd baby and my other 2 are 10 and 13 so we were starting over again :woman_facepalming::rofl: didn’t make a gift registry though and even if I did would not have had the attitude of why is nobody buying me anything, we got lots given to us and my mum and sister helped but we still bought plenty ourselves too. You should really be buying yourself and then if anyone chooses to gift or buy you anything it’s a bonus, you definitely shouldn’t be expecting everyone else to be buying you everything you need.

20 Likes

What lmao after 4 kids you should HAVE what you need except for nappies and wipes :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:
I had twins and still had everything I needed from my older 2 :exploding_head:

9 Likes

You sound self entitled! It is baby #4 and you expect everyone to buy you what you WANT? If you get what you need you should be more than thankful for anything you get gifted.

7 Likes

Be grateful what you get!!! Most people just have one Shower for the very first child. My first gots mostly NEW, others handy downs or thrift store. Your post makes you sound entitled and unappreciative of your family and friends. They still probably showed up gave you some stuff. Each have own struggles maybe they couldn’t afford it. Or you could asked $10-20 person so could get one really needed item. Or done like drawing for diapers, etc. But don’t think anyone should be obligated to get you anything! Be thankful for handmade items, people taking time out show up and emotionally support you. Maybe some will donate time babysit for you.

3 Likes

Your friends and family are not your baby daddy. They’re not required to get you anything, especially for the fourth time. Learn gratitude and appreciation, and how to provide for your family

11 Likes

Idk I was just happy to get anything fr

I have 2 kids and have kept every single thing from both kids, my son is 6 and I still have all his baby clothes, two swings; breast pump the whole 9 yards and my daughter is 2, because I knew at some point I was going to have more, you made this baby it’s also your 4th kid, nobody has to buy you anything, it’s yours to buy things for and support

16 Likes

4th baby? You should have everything you need. Up to you to provide.

1 Like

don’t expect others to give you everything if you can’t afford to get the stuff you need maybe think twice about brining another kid into the world’

1 Like

If that’s your fourth kid… you should be prepared and not depend on other people…for God’s sake it’s your fourth kid. You already knew what you were getting into?

That’s i how I see it? I’m on my second kid and I saved basically everything from my first because I knew there wasn’t only going to be one baby :joy:

48 Likes

Welcome to life? Its not other peoples responsibility to ensure your child has everything they need. I assume by 4 kids they assumed you had everything.

11 Likes

Why would you expect anyone to gift you at all? You should be buying your baby’s things yourself. That’s the way it is. Maybe gifts from grandparents, or very close friends, but to expect a shower and gifts for a 4th child seems kind of entitled.

3 Likes

I mean by your fourth child you should have pretty much everything you need except diapers, wipes, and bath products. It’s not anyone else responsibility anyway. You and your partner decided to have another child. It’s you and your partner’s responsibility to provide what that child needs. The fact that your loved ones and friends are gifting you baby stuff is wonderful and should be appreciated and not criticized because you did not get what you hoped for.

7 Likes

You sound super ungrateful. If it’s your fourth child you should understand by now that it’s YOUR baby & YOUR responsibility.

18 Likes

I have never had a baby registry or a baby shower. I winged it with my first pregnancy (I had twins) so I used one crib and bought a lot of stuff from second hand stores. I had my babies in a town where we didn’t have Walmart, target or anything like that so it was harder to find stuff we needed. This was also in 1995. Today it’s easier you have great options from target and Walmart and even online shopping. Just get a few things every paycheck.

2 Likes

There’s no point. Delete it.

5 Likes

Nobody has to get anything, if people do, whatever is given should be appreciated. It’s nobody’s responsibility to get what the baby needs other than the parents.

Most registry places will offer a discount for whatever items are remaining on your list after a certain date. That’s a great way to buy the items needed.

6 Likes

Usually you should only expect a shower for the first baby unless rare circumstances

1 Like

Your 4th baby? Why don’t you already have everything you need? Also, maybe they couldn’t afford the things you picked. I would be grateful they spent their money to buy anything!!! It’s your baby, you SHOULD be the one buying things… stop complaining!

2 Likes

You have FOUR kids and don’t have what you need?

5 Likes

I gave up on the idea of anyone helping out. The registry was just a way for me to organize and buy something I needed each paycheck; and know what I still needed before baby came.

10 Likes

Alright… I get that it takes a village, but…. You have had 3 other kids… so if you don’t have what you NEED… that’s not on them. Are these the same people that helped you with your first child? Second child? Third child? Be grateful for what you do have and don’t expect others to sacrifice anything for you. No one is obligated to help you with anything.

1 Like

You also get a decent discount on everything left on your registry and usually some freebies. I registered with all 4 of my kids, not because I thought people would buy it all for me, but because of the discount. It’s also a good way of taking stock of what you need vs what you have and setting priority of needs vs wants. It can also give people an idea of your style and that of the baby’s nursery/clothing aesthetic. So if they are kind enough to buy a gift, it may be more in line with your expectations because of the registry. Our loved ones were very kind and insisted on throwing showers (or baby welcoming parties :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:) for all 4, but that’s really just to celebrate life. The discounts, coupons and little freebies that come with registering were the biggest draw for me though.

2 Likes

You’re on your 4th baby.
Get it together. I just had my 3rd and I slowly purchased everything I needed.
So entitled. Baby showers are only for the 1st unless you get lucky.

5 Likes

With all due respect, Don’t expect anything from anyone. You are responsible for this stuff regardless of having a registry. Getting things is nice but dont expect it. This is your 4th child and babies don’t need much.

5 Likes

I think showers are a bonus. I was grateful for people to spend their money on us at all. We had one for our first and then just a little “sprinkle” party for the second… more of a fun diaper party but super small. Nothing was expected of others though.

By the time you get to #4, I think people would expect you to have what you need?
I did a shower for baby #1, a sprinkle for #2, a diaper party for #3 and nothing for baby #4… and I never threw anything for myself. It was done by a family member or friend.

3 Likes

After 4 kids you should already have what you need.

2 Likes

If you have a registry. Then you know where to return/exchange stuff ?

Or, or, or you take responsibility & get what YOU need for YOUR kid. Baby showers are for gifts others aren’t obligated to give you so I’d be grateful.

184 Likes

Be grateful for anything you receive. No one owes you a gift.

3 Likes

My daughter is pregnant with twins. She already has two children. She bought most of the items she needed herself with both of her children. Now she’s doing the same thing for the twins. Honestly though she had rather do it herself mainly because she’s so independent.

Had a baby shower and sprinkle since I had 2 boys. I saved most of the stuff from my first born and then registered for small things I needed. My aunt gave me a gift card and I shopped on my own for things I needed

Yes…I’m not buying you what you want or need. That’s you. I’m buying what I want to gift you.

4 Likes

With my second I had a diaper and bath shower. I got bath essentials, diapers and wipes. Usually unless the second or third child is a different sex then you don’t get a shower at all. Be grateful and if it’s really an issue return what you don’t need in exchange for things you do. I get that sometimes baby gear wears out and needs replacement but after 3 other children of think you would have a pretty good assortment of baby items. Im in no way trying to be mean spirited or rude, just stating fact. I do hope you are able to get whatever you need gif your little one and that the baby arrives safe and happy. Also hope that you have an easy delivery with no complications.

You should be grateful for anything your given

Just be grateful somebody took the time to get and buy you something…. They might make minimum wage but still chose to buy your baby something.

1 Like

Some places when you set up a baby registry offer discounts. I think Amazon gives you 15% off in the last 60/90 days before your due date. You also qualify for a free welcome basket if you complete 60% of your registry and after you make a purchase of atleast $10 off of it. Target also gives a basket I believe when it’s your first child but call ahead to make sure it’s in stock. Other stores offer some as well. I like creating a registry simply to have an idea of what I need and want. Like a checklist of what I should have for baby.

1 Like

Wow. I have had 8 babies and never had a baby shower or a registry. I appreciate anything someone gets for me but never expect it nor ask for it. You made the baby. Buy your own things.

33 Likes

When I had my 4th and 5th, I didn’t need much of anything because of what was left from the previous baby. Except #4 was my first boy, so I needed boy clothing. But the crib, bassinet, blankets, etc were already with us….when I had #6, I needed a lot because #5 was 8 years old…

What did you NEED need that wasn’t already in your baby stock? Or do you have a large gap also and starting over?

1 Like

It happens. One of the cheaper things I had in mine that I didn’t really need or want is what someone got me once. But I was grateful for getting anything at all. LOL

6 Likes

When you get to child #4, you SHOULD have everything you need. You’ve had 3 other kids. Like come on. All babies deserve a party to welcome them and some gifts, but people do not need to buy you everything. It’s YOUR responsibility as YOU chose to have that baby.

79 Likes

Because if you wait the baby registry will give you 10%-20% off your items you have on there.

I would be happy with WHATEVER you get.

2 Likes

Wait. Isn’t a baby registry and shower for the first child ?. I have 4 (4,6,7,8) 2b 2g.
I got a shower for the first one.
I saved everything from the first 3 till I knew we were done . My husband got snipped while I was still pregnant with #4.
How don’t you have all the big basic items .
And some clothes/ bedding / toys. :thinking:

This has to be trolling, right? Imagine thinking you deserve special treatment for getting creampied

1 Like