What is the point of a baby registry if no one gets what you need?

I always saw a registry as more of a “wishlist” like even when I did one I never really expected people to get me stuff much less stuff I asked for but in the chance they did it was an awesome gesture :face_holding_back_tears:

Be thankful you get anything at all. A registered is ideas that you want not what other are expected to buy you. Baby #4 why don’t you afford all and not ask for anything.

1 Like

Traditionally, a baby shower is only for the first baby. I would say you are lucky to get anything. By your fourth child you should already have a lot of the baby items that you need. You should be grateful your friends and family are doing what they can to help you.

1 Like

Yoh could just be grateful for what people do get you.

You seem ungrateful. A gift is a the thought that counts thing. You seem to have forgotten that part. You don’t have to make a registry. With my first I didn’t even really know what to put on it. I did it anyway. It was random but luckily it gave a shipping option and they could add what they wanted to ship. I didn’t get a shower due to covid and a couple people sent a few small things but it was nice that they thought of me. It is your baby and you are responsible for getting everything for your baby. I’d be appreciative of any gift. I know I truly was.

The entitlement is strong.

I must be given everything for free I should buy nothing for the child I chose to have.

Why tf is this even a thing. I get If it’s your first baby and someone helps you out because you’re clueless but after 4 kids I’m pretty sure you should have some items at home they can use.

16 Likes

4 kids and you have nothing? I always thought you had a shower for the first and a sprinkle for the second if necessary. After the first two it’s on you :joy:

15 Likes

To remember to buy what you need yourself bc the village it takes to raise your child is just you . No matter how many people say they’ll be there it’s never true . So you gotta be strong enough to push through it and be positive and grateful for things you do receive needed or not

1 Like

Most things purchased from the list can be returned or exchanged for what you do need or something on the list.

Literal beggars trying to be choosers. Take what you get and be grateful.

3 Likes

For the 4th kid you shouldn’t have a registry. Showers are for the first kid to help get mom ready for having kids. After that if someone wants to buy a new baby a gift so be it.

1 Like

Don’t breed em, if you can’t feed em.

Lmao. It’s your FOURTH. Maybe prepare yourself before you decided to have another baby if you can be able to provide for it or not :woman_facepalming:t2:

2 Likes

Maybe you should’ve asked for cash instead of gifts. :roll_eyes:

Ingrate

1 Like

If you’re counting on your friends and family to support you for the first however long, the you need to reevaluate what you’re doing right now.

The amount of entitlement in this post is astounding…

4 Likes

What’s the point in a baby registry full stop? You got pregnant, you get what you need. If people offer to get you things then you accept their offer and tell them exactly what you need

1 Like

Does everyone know about your registry? You’re sounding a little ungrateful. No one is obligated to buy you anything. If you can’t use it you can always return it and get what you really need. That’s always an option. But what gets me is you saying "now I have to get everything I need myself " lol well yes honey. That’s how that works. You shouldn’t have your 4th child and think ppl are going to get you everything. You walk into a baby shower thinking you might get some cute clothes and small stuff like that and always be greatful for what you get. But no mom should walk into a baby shower thinking that their guests will buy them everything that they need. That’s silly. If you plan on having another baby you should plan on buying what you need yourself. That is your responsibility after all.

2 Likes

I only had a baby shower for my first kid. If people wanted to give me gifts they would for my other 2. I would not expect another shower, maybe people are tired of buying gifts

Mam this is your 4th kid you should have the majority of everything from your previous 3 :joy:

25 Likes

Ahahahahahahahahahahahaha. She feels Special for getting CreamPied. Ahahahahaha

1 Like

I mean, in the future, I would just put clothes and maybe bath stuff. That’s what most people end up getting anyway, probably because it’s fun to pick out baby clothes. I definitely wouldn’t put the important stuff on a registry and just leave it to chance.

1 Like

I’m pregnant with my second now and don’t expect anything from anyone just like my first… I got everything myself. I hate giving gifts personally because I’ve learnt people don’t care what they get you so I just give people money or a gift card…

1 Like

I had a registry and some items were purchased, but most were not and that was fine. I personally used the registry for myself as a checklist so I didn’t forget something. Don’t expect others to take care of you, take care of your family and if others gift you something then great. I personally knew I was only having 1 and opted to get items that converted to other things that could be used later. My daughter’s high chair turned into a booster seat and then a table and chair. Her baby tub turned into a basin container and a footstool. Her crib turned into a toddler’s bed and then a full size bed. And I probably paid the same price as if I were paying for the first item, only difference is she still uses them all to this day and she will be 7…and I didn’t have to buy anything extra except a full size mattress and box spring. And if money is tight go to thrift stores, yard sales and look on Facebook marketplace…people are always selling it even giving away things to declutter and with babies growing out of things so fast I’m sure you can find some things.

Hilarious, privelaged, third world problem making human being. Now you’re raising more humans like you. When will this madness end :woman_facepalming:

Reminds me of this :woman_facepalming:t3::sob:

We need to go back to how we did it in the good ole days. One baby shower for your first kid. That’s kind of asking a lot from people to get every new baby a gift or a shower. And then after reading this post, I couldn’t agree with myself more.

1 Like

No one bought anything off mine either … we wound up buying all the big stuff

2 Likes

You was supposed to keep what you needed from the other 3… In my time we only got one shower & gift registry wasn’t even a thing - be grateful for what people already did bc they didn’t have to do anything - ungrateful & entitled

4 Likes

It’s your4thyou should have everything by now

I can’t…this is hilarious.

After my 1st kid I had no baby showers or registry. I just had baby #6

4th kid………. It time to have it together yourself. I didn’t have a shower or request any gifts for my 4th child. You know what you need, you should either already have it or been working on getting it.

This is ridiculous. Just be grateful for what you’re getting at your baby shower.

2 Likes

The new thing now in SA is,the father of expectant baby has a pampers party. Really ridiculous as mum is also having baby shower.

1 Like

What happened to the excitement of just having a baby? Let the people you want to share your excitement with be invited and bump that money making registry. I grant you in the long run you would have nice stuff and unique gifts that were made from the :heart:heart​:heart: .
In our neck of the woods you get one huge baby shower for the first and if there is a big gap like mine (8 years apart) they gave you a second one but after that you are on your own. Not meaning to be rude just stating the truth. Our commercial lives have corrupted us to think we are owed something every time we have a baby. So sis go buy what you need if you want it new or else get yard sale items and wash them up🙂

I only had a baby shower for my first baby, it didn’t feel right assuming I get presents and having more baby showers where people feel the need to provide a gift to attend. I saved all that I could to reuse.

62 Likes

At the 4th child you should have it all. Please don’t put your family and friends down because you need something .

5 Likes

Had one baby shower out of the three and never had a registry.

I treated my registry as a suggestions of things I wanted/needed but I loved everything I got and appreciated it all. I loved when someone bought something for my baby whether it was on my registry or not.

:laughing: you’re the one having the kid. It’s your responsibility to provide for that child’s needs. That’s on you

17 Likes

Was never given a baby shower at all and I’ve had 3 boys. Count yourself lucky to recieve anything.

I don’t understand the problem after the fourth child you certainly should have everything that you need except pampers, disposables diaper cream bottles maybe unless you’re breast-feeding something like that I wouldn’t be whining about it because you should have everything already

2 Likes

Wow. Someone sat down, typed this and hit post.

1 Like

I would feel bad for you, if you hadn’t chosen to be in this situation. But (most likely) you did, so I don’t

So many judgemental people in these comments.

It’s your 4th, didn’t you save anything from the first 3? You sound ungrateful. After all, it is YOUR baby

21 Likes

I have 3 kids. Had baby shower for first, never did a registry for any of them. I was just grateful for any help from the family that was willing without me asking. Just be grateful that people helped with what they can do. A lot of people don’t have that. Congrats on your baby :baby_bottle:!!

You sound ungrateful. You wanted a baby. It’s YOUR responsibility to buy the things. Go buy it :roll_eyes: so many other things in this world to be upset about, you rude human

Fuck (and I cannot stress this enough) them kids

I think she should be grateful for anything she gets. You’re not entitled to anything just because you have a baby. You’re the one responsible for that child so getting everything yourself should be a given.

13 Likes

I only had a baby shower for my 1st. We did everything ourselves for our 2nd. People generally give a lot of gift cards too so use that for things you want. Not to sound like a jerk or anything but if you need to have a baby shower for all the things you want then maybe having 4 kids is not being responsible. Kids are expensive ans you need to be able to afford things yourself.

1 Like

I’ve never heard of someone having a 4th baby shower. It’s your responsibility to provide for your children, not get upset that others aren’t buying what you want. 1st baby shower people help and buy things off registry usually. Second baby shower is usually a “sprinkle”, with diapers and maybe little things like burp cloths.

47 Likes

Imagine not buying your baby the stuff it needs yourself.
Don’t have one of you’re expecting others to buy everything you need for it.

1 Like

What? A baby shower is for your first baby. Why are complaining even if you didn’t get all you want you at least got something being your 4th.

2 Likes

Your kid, your responsibility :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Lol I buy what I want and like if you want special stuff buy it and don’t have a shower people don’t owe you anything most give out of :two_hearts: not because of order to buy what u want lf you can’t except what people buy then dont have a shower

2 Likes

Imagine being so entitled you think you shouldn’t have to provide for your own child.
Gifts are nice but not obligatory :roll_eyes:

11 Likes

I bought the stuff I NEEDED and then just got whatever during my shower. It’s easier that way

If you’re pregnant with your 4th kid, you shouldn’t be expecting anything from anyone!!!

1 Like

Right maybe 2 showers or 2 registries don’t expect them for every child . It’s not other people responsibility to take care of your decisions.

2 Likes

Then quit having kids… it’s not up to everyone else to get the things you WANT(need). Especially after you already have how many. You made the choice to keep popping kids out , not everyone else! Be Thankful if anybody gets anything for them. They are not required to buy you anything, but sometimes when you get someone who cares they might like that you put ideas on a registry. So do them if you choose but don’t get butthurt if people chose not to get those items.

1 Like

maybe it’s your attitude? u sound entitled…I wouldn’t wanna buy u anything either. ur having the baby not then, u either be greatful for whatever u do get or don’t make one n buy ur own.

3 Likes

I had a baby shower for the first, not the second. Don’t need anymore! Especially doubles.
You could always ask for just diapers and wipes, but everyone had their favorites also. At least with a selection you will know what you prefer!

With that attitude you’re lucky you got anything at all.

Nobody told you it was a good idea to have 4 kids.

Why you having a baby shower for your 4th kid? By then you should have everything you need. Its no one’s responsibility but yours at this point :roll_eyes: seriously tho. Baby shower is for the first kid ONLY.

5 Likes

I was thankful I even had a shower & that my boy’s were 11mos a part on the day. Only thing that I needed to invest in were diapers & people that came bye to meet my second son brought diapers & wipes with them!

I got so frustrated when people would buy things not on my registry that I didn’t need. I spent time making the registry for a reason. Nor for you to ignore and get whatever you thought I needed :roll_eyes:

4th kid? Did you want everyone to support your kids?

1 Like

Why do you need everything again if it’s #4? I thought people did a shower for the first kid usually? Why is it everyone else’s responsibility to get what you need?

No shower for every kid…

It’s insane, it’s almost like when you choose to have a child you choose to take responsibility for it.

Wild.

1 Like

Think your priorities are all wrong, love.

Maybe because people ask for expensive items you can find similar or same thing elsewhere for cheaper.
I’ve looked at a few for baby/wedding gifts. Y’all gettin a blanket I crocheted :yarn::joy:

It’s for a reference maybe there find it cheaper at another store.

I mean you’re the one having the child no? Not everybody else?

2 Likes

I got my own stuff for every pregnancy. This is your 4th child. Where is the stuff you had for your other 3? Nobody has to get you anything

well by your 4th, expecting gifts is pretty greedy & tacky :woman_shrugging:t4:

1 Like

Is it stuff you NEED that you didn’t get? Like clothing, diapers, a bathtub, etc.?

Or is it stuff you WANTED that you didn’t get? Like that specific outfit, that specific colour of whatever, etc.? If its this one, you still got stuff you needed but ones that you didn’t want. In that case, exchange it and stop complaining.

Registries are great for giving ideas to your guests on things that you want but people gift what they can afford. Nobody is obligated to get you anything

1 Like

I had one for my daughter and everyone got everything we needed. My boyfriends coworkers even got us a $500 gift card to target, which helped out as well

why do babies need brand new things? ive never brought a cot, car seat or clothes for any of my babies, either free or second hand because lets be real they wont be in them for long.

1 Like

I have had 2 kids, and haven’t had a baby shower for either of them. I didn’t specifically ask for a baby shower, but no one offered to throw me one either. I never made a baby gift registry, and no one ever asked me if I needed anything for either of my babies. No one cared besides me. It sucks, but it is what it is. :woman_shrugging:t2:

6 Likes

I only had a baby shower for my first baby… I thought having a second one would be selfish. Not everyone else’s problem when you chose to get pregnant.

I didn’t do a baby shower or a registry because it felt like I was making people feel obligated to buy my baby things lol.

I have a great family on both sides that all gave me lots of gifts anyways but it felt nicer knowing they did it because they wanted to not because I expected it.

3 Likes

What is on your gift registry?

Never have o heard of a registry for a 4th pregnancy be great full for anything someone gives you get over your self and stop feeling emotions

4 Likes

Imagine thinking you deserve special treatment for getting creampied

I didn’t have any showers after the first baby . I think that’s pretty normal.

Welcome to all years after 2000. No one shows up to your kids birthdays either unless you pay $30 a kid to send each one to a trampoline gym, bounce house arena, or multi million dollar arcade laser tag arena. I’m glad my son doesn’t get too depressed and has one great loyal friend that always shows up to our lavish waterfall pool parties. But when his dad threw a trampoline party 9 show up. Not me. I don’t pay for friends.

This is a joke, right? :skull::joy:

1 Like

I have ALWAYS preferred to buy what I needed and never had a baby registry. There used to be a time when even baby showers were planned and hosted by good friends and family and they were fun and surprising! Now, mamas are planning their own showers and asking for gifts(nothing wrong with it) but just keep in mind no one is obligated to gift you.

I had a baby shower for the first kid. I didn’t have a registry. I got rid of everything after her. My second was an unexpected pregnancy 9 years later. Different gender and a different father, who did not have kids. I got offered and declined a baby shower. Other than diapers, what the heck do you need by the 4th? Maybe a different car seat if it’s expired.
Note: I made a registry for the 3rd, but only so I could get a registry completion discount to use on a car seat.

2 Likes

You shouldn’t depend on a registy to prepare u for your 4th child they are suggestions not you better buy this, id just go ahead and cancel it since you didn’t benifit from it.

1 Like

I didn’t do a registry for my twins we just had a party and people brang what they wanted to bring for the babies some asked if we needed certain things or not but it wasn’t expected nothing was … thankfully we were blessed and our family n friends got everything and then some that we would of needed …

I thought baby showers were a one-time deal. I’ve been doing this life all wrong. Looks like I’m owed a couple baby showers. So now that said babies are in their teens can I register for gas cards or what do you register for?

I’d just ask for diapers. Easy peasy and you use them.

8 Likes

Imagine thinking it’s other people’s responsibility to provide for a child you created…

4 Likes

Is this some cultural difference that’s going over my head? Why on earth would you expect other people to buy stuff you need for your baby? Since when is it their problem that you decided to procreate?

How do you have four kids and not keep anything wtf?