What should I do about my daughter?

Boyfriends should have nothing to say about your children! None of his business!

3 Likes

Tell him to go away, never put anyone before your kids you made those beautiful creature’s weather they are grown or not! Imagine the pain your daughter would feel if you told her sorry my bf doesn’t want you here and said you have to go she would be heartbroken you might be upset for a while if you get rid of the man but you would be shattered if your daughter never spoke to you again because of him imagine not having her around helping you out or never having a relationship with your future grandkids because your with a man who ruined her life and so she doesn’t want them around him :frowning: she’s not doing any harm she’s not out partying all day/night trashing up your home? Making everything hard for you? Then I see no point in getting rid of her. Who gives a crap of he kicked his children out at 17 that’s kinda of a red flag for me! I would tell him bye​:wave:

3 Likes

Children First Always.

4 Likes

your bf is an ashdivot. ita common for kids to stay home into their mid 20s. in this economy it’s also common sense to team up

Tell ur bf to fuck off if he doesn’t like how u raise ur damn kids

Your child(ren), no matter their age, should always come before any man. You never stop being a mother just because your child reaches the age of adulthood. As long as their is breath in your lungs, your job is never done. The BF needs to go

7 Likes

Lose the bf and spend your time with your kids. Even if they are 18+, they are still your kids and more important than any guy. He needs to go. Kick him out like he did his underage kids. He sounds toxic. You can’t expect him to be a good dad to your kids when he isn’t to his own. If she is afraid to drive, you can’t force her to drive. I would find out why and encourage her to slowly. It’s better your kids stay home than go wild like a lot of 18+ do. Amazing they are so close to you still. That is priceless.

6 Likes

Have you ever checked to see if maybe she has anxiety disorder(s)? I have a second aunt that has never driven once in her life. She has depression and anxiety pretty bad. She’s been afraid to drive, but that’s her reason why.

Didn’t get my license until 24 because I was in a bad car accident at 5 years old and I was terrified. I’m glad my mom never had anyone telling her anything about me. I hope that my daughter turns over the age of 18 and still wants me to help her I can’t even imagine considering a assh*le thoughts over my child’s. Once she hits that age where she goes off alone you’ll miss it.

3 Likes

I don’t like how he is… not good at all.

Kicked his kids out at 17? That is abandonment. Be better than him! You’re all those kids have. Be consistent. You brought them into this world. They didn’t ask to be here.

4 Likes

If any man ever told me “me or them” they’d be out in a minute.

As for the driving I wouldn’t push it. There can be a bunch of reasons. Anxiety, trouble comprehending things & not having the articulation to explain it, etc. Instead of trying to force her to drive try another way. Maybe getting her used to the bus system, finding a friend that can coordinate with her etc. Also maybe convince her to talk to a counselor. It’s hard when they’re older. You can’t control her any more. She sounds like she needs understanding & compassion. Get rid of your boyfriend. In reality he’s probably using you more than she is. He’s definitely less entitled to you providing his home, food, cleaning and anything else you do for him. He has no say when it comes to your children.

6 Likes

They’re not children anymore they’re adults… Unless they’re both still in school they should be working.
I don’t agree with the BF kicking his kids out at 17. However, he does have a point, you’re babying them. They need to learn how to be adults. Do they have some sort of medical conditions restricting them from driving? If not, stop paying for personal “ chauffeurs “ and encourage them to grow up. Fact of reality is one day all us parents will die and it’s our job to teach our children how to fend for themselves.

2 Likes

He sounds like a narcissist!!

Kick his ass out. That’s ur child n I dont care how mad he is u never let someone tell u when to kick YOUR child out …

I’m currently 22 and have had my learners for 6 years. Afraid to drive. It all comes down with anxiety. I still live at home with mum but I’m lucky enough to have got a job just down town where I can get to easily. Kicking your kids out at 17 is very young still. So she is your child you’ll know what to do what’s right. You choose the way you parent, if she does everything you need at home then I don’t see a problem. Maybe try get her to talk to someone about it? But then again it all comes down to your daughter herself if she doesn’t want to drive and not get her own independence then I don’t recommend you paying so much for drivers to drive them around, I always had to find my own way around via public transport and had to find ways to get money to help pay for my rides myself. She is old enough now to figure things out. But it also comes with time. You’ll know what to do :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

You would let your boyfriend kick your daughter out of her own home? Choose him over her and watch her never speak to you again. :woman_shrugging:t3:

5 Likes

Drop that man! If he was the one, he wouldn’t be telling you to put your kids out. Why, with you having children, would you want to be with someone who put their OWN child(ren) out at 17?!? He didn’t want his own kid(s), what made you think he would want yours? Who cares if your daughter doesn’t drive? How, in any way, does that affect him? Is he the one that drivers her around or is it you? If you can do it on your own, I suggest doing it on your own because this dude doesn’t deserve a family. It doesn’t matter how old your kids are, protect them ALWAYS!

5 Likes

He’s an ass but you aren’t doing her any favors. She needs to learn to be independent and self sufficient. You won’t be around forever. No man is going to want a women who encourages her adult children to be dependent on her. Most men that age what to enjoy life without children being around full time.

They seem like good kids pulling their weight I wouldn’t see a need to kick them out … he on the other hand needs to go.
That being said maybe put a little pressure on taking the steps to get a license even if it means you paying for driving lessons through professional classes before they feel ready to take the test … certainly would be cheaper then a paid driver at the end of the day . Even set a deadline for having it all done🤷🏽‍♀️

1 Like

Your kids and how you love them is YOUR business. Maybe there’s something going on more deep than her being scared to drive. Maybe not. But for anyone to try and dictate kicking your kids out (especially when there isn’t any disrespect or illegal activity going on) just because they kicked there’s out, when they were minors nonetheless, is disturbing and sounds lowkey controlling. Honestly, if it were me kicking anyone out, it most definitely would be him. My babies are my babies first. Always. They’re there before he got there, when he got there and will be there after, regardless of age. No kinda love is gonna change that. There’s nothing to question, imo! Pretty cut & dry.

2 Likes

Children first. Boyfriend can go

6 Likes

If what you say is true, then get rid of your boyfriend. Any man that wants you to kick out your child specially a girl needs to be gone period kids come first unless on drugs etc.

5 Likes

60 bucks an hour? wtf uber is way cheaper lol She needs to go to therapy. Sounds like there is more going on here. BF kicked out minor children? Sounds like a douche

6 Likes

Why would you even consider picking a man over your children? When it really comes down to it, you can find another man but those children are your flesh and blood. You brought them into this world, regardless of their age they shouldn’t come after a man at all.

5 Likes

Boyfriend should keep quiet.He kicked out his kids at 17.His problem.You take care of your daughter or children.Kids come first dont care.Or he can go.

4 Likes

Your bf has gotta go, honestly.

6 Likes

Choose your children over the BF. You will be glad you did.
Start making sure the daughter can fend for herself if something happened to you. Consider maybe getting a family therapist to help you achieve goals for them.

your kids are old enough now to be grown ups because they are, And they need to act like one. Did you ask your daughter why she doesn’t what to get her license?? I have a friend whos son won’t get his license, due to a peripheral vision problems. But he take massive transportation, Goes to college & works, There is no reason why your daughter also can’t do the same thing. She is 21 yrs old…it’s time for her to get her own life. And if she can’t, she needs to see a therapist to find out why, If your son is finished with school, he also needs to get his own life & job. Now as for your BF, this is your time for your life to be happy with someone, Your kids are not babies, they are grown ups & they need to act like it, I am not saying to not love your kids, but they are at a great age to live their lives to the fullest, as you are, too, But you also commented, that you were hoping this one was the one that sticks around, !!! Just how many men have you lived with, or them with you thru out your kids lives??? Maybe your kids are worried for you? Because they saw X amount of men in & out of your life !!! Then you need to sit them down & talk to them & tell them you are happy & they need to be happy & get a life

3 Likes

Always choose your kids. No matter their age. Boyfriends come and go…

3 Likes

I wouldn’t kick her out, but I certainly wouldn’t pay $60.00/hour to drive her around. There is public transit, far cheaper let her have some responsibility. Good grief.

2 Likes

Kids first. We are parents for life. Why is she scared to drive? Get to the root cause. I totaled a car when I was 14, while my brother let me practice driving in a church parking lot. I didn’t drive until I was 18, because I was scared to drive earlier.

I’m 26 with extreme anxiety. I am a mother of two, and am normal besides the anxiety. I still don’t drive. My boyfriend drives and when he’s at work family and friends help out. Reading this makes me greatful for my mom and everyone around. I bet she wishes she could drive, I bet she wishes it didn’t scare her so much.

3 Likes

Kick your bf to the curb. Kids come first ALWAYS

Bf trying to kick YOUR kids out?? Oh hellll nawwww. He’s gotta deal with it or go! No ring on your finger either???

After a while you or your girl will have a narcissistic story to tell. What he did with his kid has nothing to do with yours. Maybe it’s a mental fear she has to work on instead.

Kids are forever :eggplant: is temporary…

1 Like

Don’t be a chauffeur tell her she needs to get a listened and a job because you say so not him. Tell him it’s not his place

I have severe anxiety i didn’t get my license till i was 29. You can’t wait around hoping they will become responsible. It may take time. In this time she should be taking transit as i had to. If you make things to comfortable you are enabling them. You are literally stunting their growth by having 0 expectations. My 19 year old lives with me she is terrified of driving and she was scared of transit. I wouldn’t drive her so guess what she started doing it for herself! As for the b/f he’s got to go!

1 Like

Get rid of the boyfriend AND stop enabling the kids. Time to grow up and function!

1 Like

Boyfriend goes Bye-bye

Some people don’t drive. Maybe invest in driving lessons, they instructor will build her confidence and can control the car from the passenger side. As for the boyfriend… tell him he made his choice as a parent and you are choosing to parent your own children your way… not his.

1 Like

No way. I have a 22 year old that isn’t driving. He’s way to anxious. I drive him the 5 minutes to and from work. We don’t have public transportation.
Boyfriend sounds like a dick honestly. I could never throw my kid out.

Children before boyfriend. Public transportation for kids until they get license.

You need to teach your kids to drive and take care of themselves… Don’t just kick em to the wolves!

Girl whet? 21 no job? No license? The point of raising your kids is to equip them to be able to exist in the world without you. Because one day you won’t be here…what will she do then? You are expecting you bf to take care of your GROWN children? Is that the expectation that you have of your partners? If so, say that upfront. Personally I think she should be working or in college, not in her room all day. You’re enabling this and I guarantee that you’ll regret it…

1 Like

Your boyfriend is a arrogant arshole and control freak.
Kick that to the curb.
Your daughter lacks confidence and is scared.
That is a good thing because it means she thinks about things .
She needs support and more driving lessons until she is ready.
And the same goes for your son…
Better safe than sorry.
I am sure she will get a job when she feels happy and safe in her own home environment.
I feel.for your kids living in their home with an arshole who thinks he is the dictator.
All he is is a major Dick.
Your children are the most important people in the world. Family comes first for ever and always.
Never lose sight of that mum.

Find out why she is afraid to drive :red_car: and work on that. It could me anxiety. Also get rid of him