What should I do about the way my family treats me?

I don’t speak to my parents. No relations, be it family or friends, are worth mental stress from narcissism, mental manipulation! It’s stress that you can get rid of. If you’re paying all that, cut their lines off, don’t pay their car insurance, and don’t pay half of their grocery bills. Don’t baby sit, see how quick she realizes just how expensive childcare is and how good she has it. Cut them off, save your cash & call an Uber/Lyft for your ride to & from. I’m sure it’s cheaper. You shouldn’t have to pay family to help, especially not your sister or mother. Shouldn’t have to buy their love.

7 Likes

Take their phone off your plan and let them know paying their car insurance is over. They are using you and hurting your family financially and emotionally.

3 Likes

Cut off their phones, don’t pay their car insurance or other bills. Don’t give them money & don’t watch your niece anymore. Let your sister find a sitter. Put your foot down. Tell your husband that he needs to cut his hours so he can take you to your Dr visits.

2 Likes

Stop enabling them to mistreat you! Its okay to say NO, and let them find their way.

4 Likes

I’m sure your husband makes most of the money so don’t classify yourself as a single parent, you either have a significant other whom can provide or you don’t and the ones that don’t typically have more time to spend with their families, pick and choose your battles in that department. Now your family? If they can’t do simple things for you I don’t see why you even help them financially. You could pay for an Uber with the money you shell out to them. Take the phones off the bill and stop paying for vehicle insurance. You want them to stop walking all over you? Don’t let them.

5 Likes

Good riddance. An Uber or Lyft is cheaper than your peace of mind. Shut their phones off and drop their insurance. You don’t owe them anything. They take advantage of you because you let them. Stand up for yourself.

5 Likes

Stop paying their damn bills and get a uber. I bet they will change thay attitude real quick oh and make the sister get a babysitter. As long as ypu keep bwinf a door Matt your gonna keep being stepped on.

Yeah, I’d stop giving them so much. Give them notice that you’re switching to a new phone plan, so they’ll have to pay their own bills. And if they can’t even give you a ride to the doctor in the car you’re paying the insurance on…then you don’t pay their insurance.

3 Likes

Unfortunately families are not always what we see in Hollywood Pictures. There’s not always someone willing to help when you need it. You seem to be a kind, caring person that your family is graciously taking advantage of. You pay half their bills, you watch sisters kids, you offer to pay for groceries just for a ride. They feel whether they help you out or not you’re going to continue doing what you’ve been doing. STOP NOW! Let them see help goes both ways. If you were not paying their bills you could Uber to where you needed to go. You could use public transportation. There are options out there for you. You also might want to look into your health insurance. Sometimes there are transportation benefits. They can take you to medical appointments and sometimes even the grocery store or other non medical places. I know it’s hard but stop worrying about them. Take care of you and yours. They’ll just have to figure it out in their own. I hope you figure out something that will help you.

3 Likes

Stop paying all their billss and Uber if you have to go somewhere.

1 Like

Stop helping them until they learn to appreciate it.

1 Like

sorry this happening to you. stop doing things for them. they are taking advantage of you and don’t appreciate you at all. what a mom, wow.

3 Likes

Stop paying for everything tell them since I’ll need to pay for alternative rides ill need extra money so start paying your part of the phone bill and insurance or I’ll have to take you off

3 Likes

My suggestion as hard as it will be to hear is to cut them out of your life until they change their toxic behavior. Know that they may never change and that’s not your problem. It’s theirs. They’re 100% in the wrong. It’s absolutely ok to walk away from people that are harming your mental health and hurting you. They are. Don’t call them. Use their not talking to you as your escape. They’re mentally, verbally and financially abusing you. PLEASE for your sake DO NOT allow it to continue! Call the insurance company and stop paying their insurance with YOUR money. Cancel them on your phone plan. Immediately STOP sending them $. You DON’T need to pay for these things! They’re adults and they’re taking advantage of you. Don’t allow them to harass you about these changes. You don’t have to accept that behavior. You CAN’T buy love!! I honestly believe that’s what you’re trying to do. That’s not an accusation or a derogatory remark about you. I think you desperately want a relationship with them but they want money and free babysitting. Nothing more. You’re getting nothing from these people and selflessly giving everything. It’s time for that to end. They’re hurting you! Text your sister and tell her you’ll no longer babysit. You don’t have to. You can’t drive but can take your children to the park or for walks. Enjoy your life! The extra $ available after cutting them off will make your life easier. Take an Uber or cab to get groceries. Have a long talk with your husband. Don’t complain about him working long hours just tell him that you wanted him to know you miss him and love spending time with him
(If you do). Don’t be accusatory just ask him if there’s something you can do to help him. Any gesture to bring y’all closer will be good. Your mother and sister appear to care about ONLY what you can do for them. That’s not a relationship nor is it love. Take time for yourself. Get your kids involved in activities and there you’ll meet other moms. Volunteer at school if your kids are school age. If you’re able some counseling might help you deal with this. Put you, your husband and your children first. Your mom and sister aren’t worth your time or the heartbreak they’re causing you! Be strong and take control of your life. You’re the only person that can!

8 Likes

Stop paying their bills or watching your sister’s daughter. They are taking advantage of you!!!

2 Likes

Their loss for real. Make them pay for their own phones and insurance.

6 Likes

Your family are cannibals and they will eat you to the bone without one bit of remorse, decide if thats sustainable from your end because they are obviously just fine with it

1 Like

Cut them off. Stop paying for their phones and car insurance. You deserve better. So sorry this is happening to you

2 Likes

Are you Heart broken, Divorced Do you feel separated from your partner or is he/she taken by someone from you you or even you want your ex back here is the time you end worries and pain by contacting
:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:
Dr

Tell them to jog on … they treat you like dirt anyway … cancel everything and with the money you have get an Uber to and from store …… it’s sad but it’ll be their loss.

3 Likes

Quit paying their bills and hire you a caregiver. They will take you to the Dr and to the grocery store for less money. Just go to your marketplace on Facebook and put a add on there for a caregiver.

1 Like

I’ve been in this situation and I can tell you that if you keep allowing them to take advantage of you they will.STOP doing things for them DONT call them right now just send a text explaining how you feel and let them know that you love helping them but you won’t continue helping if they can’t or won’t help you in return because that’s not what family is supposed to do help EACH OTHER…Make boundaries with them.Tell them you love them but you don’t like the way they are treating you and that needs to change now.I know you love your family but DONT NOT allow them or anyone else to treat you that way.Stop doing everything until they can treat you with respect and help you just like you help them.Your not selfish for asking them to do that.Its selfish of them to take advantage of you.You do alot for them and ask little in return so for them to refuse to do it that’s just messed up.They need to understand that you do alot for them so they need to help you as well.Family is supposed to help each other not 1 person doing for everyone NOPE that’s not how it goes.They need to grow up

1 Like

Don’t talk to them, stop baby sitting and stop giving them money… Family or not, they are treating you like shit and if you don’t say enough is enough, no more… Then you only have yourself to blame for allowing them to take such toxic advantage of you.

STOP :stop_sign: :raised_hand:.
Stop babysitting, stop paying their phone bill ( take your name off the account) and cancel their insurance. Clearly what you do is not benefiting you AT ALL whatsoever. Buck up and do it yourself the money you give away for free can be used to a cab or an Uber . Show them what being greedy really is . You’re being used . I’d talk to your husband about exactly what you’re on here saying . I’m sure he’d be telling you the same thing

5 Likes

Cancel the phone. Dont pay their insurance and tell em to go

2 Likes

I know it’s hard but you have to stop and let them fend for themselves you are letting them ride for free and that’s not how life works I understand you probably do this because you love them and you don’t want to loose them but your loosing them anyway by giving them money and look now you need a favor and they don’t want to take you I think you should give them space and get an Uber your already going to pay for the favor anyway and when your sister comes around and says here’s my child for you to watch say I’m sorry but I just can’t right now sometimes helping people hurts them more than we think

2 Likes

You should start by not paying the phone bill and car insurance. You need to worry about your family no one else’s. And stop taking care of your niece. They’re just taking advantage of you getting what they can most of you , I’m sure they will guilt you and you will feel guilty but don’t fall for that , you need to stay strong :muscle: and cut them off you don’t need that kind of people in your life. There are Ubers you can take to do your errands . And good if there not talking to you take this opportunity now to cut them off and cut them bills.

5 Likes

Your family is using you. Cut them off.

4 Likes

Quit doing for them they will change their tune real fast

1 Like

Cut them off. Give that money to a baby sitter or friend

5 Likes

You have to set boundaries. It’s good they aren’t talking to you. If your sister isn’t paying you for childcare, give her daughter back and let her figure it out. No more loans or gifts of money and you can Uber where you need to go. Put YOUR family first. The kids dad isn’t working all the time so you can give the money to people who act like they don’t care. Your children don’t deserve to be put in a position after people who don’t care about you. Text them and tell them you are changing your phone plan and they will need to get their own line by a certain date. When that date comes call your company and take them off. They’re treating you poorly and you are making them a priority. You don’t need that kind of help. Be strong.

10 Likes

They taking full advantage. My heart breaks for you. You deserve better. Shut off the insurance, cancel their phones. If you can afford to pay half their groceries, get an Uber. Trust me, cutting that out will help you. You deserve so much better.

8 Likes

The money you use to spend on them, save it for yourself to get your own car or use it for car service.

7 Likes

you shouldnt pay anything or give them a second thought they will show up at your door asap when they dont have a babysitter or their phone . thus the tables turn and you tell them no more.

4 Likes

Cut off their phones and insurance, use the extra money to get groceries delivered to your house, and use for an Uber or taxi to go to appointments. If you don’t already charge your sister to babysit, start charging. They’ll see how much you do and they’ll realize it would be easier to help out and make your life easier.

15 Likes

Oh this breaks my heart. :pleading_face: I relate to so much of this.

It’s actually good they’re not talking to you. You need to set boundaries and distance yourself from them, I know it’s so hard.

It slowly gets easier after a while. I know how bad you want a relationship with them, but it’s only hurting you and your kids.

Stop paying for their phones and insurance. That is so wrong how they treat you. I hope things get better. :heart:

4 Likes

Just don’t be avail for them.

2 Likes

You are NOT wrong. Imo anyway.
I would feel the same. However, I’d be on here asking for advice too bc idk how I’d handle it! Praying for you. Keep us posted

1 Like

Stop paying them money… you should not be paying anyones bills and nobody should be expecting you to. Stop minding your niece everytime your sister works… like free child care and you send her money? You’ve got yourself into this situation really. Stop all direct debits of insurance and phone bill notify them beforehand

4 Likes

Stop babysitting, stop giving money and stop paying their bills. Put that money aside and get a taxi to the shops, taxi home and you’ve saved yourself a tonne of money and drama!

6 Likes

Stop paying for their stuff and buy a car instead!

Quit helping them --don’t pay for any of their bills. They will get the hint real fast.

1 Like

You need to cut off their phones insurance today, draw up a bill for the childcare services you have done for your sister with a 7days to pay. And setting an hourly rate going forward.
They will soon realise that they have taken advantage of you and they need to step up and appreciate what you do for them

2 Likes

YOU ARE WHAT PEOPLE CALL A MAJOR PUSHOVER AND YOUR FAMILY ARE LEECHES
your hubby works long hours for what so you can give all that to your family …
they are lousy pos losers that are taking advantage of you because you have such a caring heart
They are using you big time because you look after your sisters kids without even a thankyou
You pay their bills …why why on earth are you doing this
All you ask in return is an occasional ride and they call you selfish
Do not let them guilt you into paying because they will
And they stop talking to you but i bet she is still bringing over her kids am i right
This is not love …you are better off without them
You have to learn to say NO…i cannot pay your bills anymore because you are not responsible for other peoples bills
You can say your hubby said no more …
But its time to stop being a doormat and letting them walk all over you
Its ok to watch your sisters kids a couple days a week but not everyday
You asked for help in what to do …i sincerely hope you follow everyones advice
But i realky feel you wont out of guilt
Good luck

4 Likes

I cut them off,family doesnt mean taking advantage of eac other

2 Likes

Cut them off.
If they can’t help you but can mooch off you, then keep your money. If they wanna believe you’re ‘selfish’ then make them pay their own bills.

Literally nothing you’ve done is selfish.

4 Likes

You are not wrong. Get your on phone acct they can pay their own. They can pay their own car insurance. You ain’t driving they can be responsible for it themselves. Don’t give them any money or pay for anything. Once they see how much you have been helping they will help you out a little more. Crazy how family treats others in their family.

3 Likes

Just taken for granted your doing to much for them start minding yourself for change the more you do the more they take

2 Likes

You teach people how to treat you.

1 Like

Don’t worry, they will start talking to you again as soon as they need something.

1 Like

Sorry but cut there phones off, don’t pay for their cars that they drive, stop helping people.

If they are not going to help you, then do not help them.

They are being selfish and using you big time
Family or not. Family do no use their own family members.

You really need to start thinking about your mental health and focus on your little family.

8 Likes

Don’t pay for their privileges, stop paying today, they want it they pay for it, draw up a childcare plan, hourly rates, they will come running bk soon enough when they want something, it will be sooner than you think xx

5 Likes

Stophelping paying there bills and u will have enough for a taxi

2 Likes

There’s no reason you or especially your kids should suffer financially because of adults that should be taking care of themselves. Stop letting them walk all over you, just explain that since now you’ll have to pay for transportation you can no longer afford to give them any money or pay their bills. Whether you “can” help them or not, stop helping them. When your response to them treating you like crap is to keep helping them, you’re basically “rewarding bad behavior”, teaching them that the way they treat you is okay.

4 Likes

U need to cut them loose financially

3 Likes

I would cancel their phone, cancel the insurance, and tell them to come get their kids :woman_shrugging:t3: stop taking care of people who don’t take care of you. If parenthood is supposed to be a village, you shouldnt have to be the village for literally everyone.

8 Likes

Stop paying their phone. Stop paying their insurance. Use that money to Uber your errands. And if they continue to be selfish and use you, stop babysitting for your sister. Boundaries. You’ve got to set some or you’re going to drive yourself nuts while they’re taking advantage of you. Easier said than done, but goodness me, they’re taking way advantage of your kindness

4 Likes

You are being used and taken for granted. They should pay their own phone bills, insurance and you should NOT pay for half of anything to get a ride for groceries!
You deserve to be treated better! Stop now and don’t turn back!

1 Like

Girl, stop paying their bills and use that money to get a cab or Uber to get to where you need. Family or not, you don’t need people like that it on your life.

2 Likes

They are being selfish. Stop helping them. Turn their phone off. Then maybe they will see how much you do for them. Then maybe they will start helping you.

2 Likes

Cut them off or at least cut the bills off you are paying. F them

2 Likes

With the money that you pay the phone bill you could pay for a cab and as far as lending them money and babysitting that would be out.

1 Like

They’re not talking to YOU? I SAY :heart:!! Let them be upset. If they are that selfish to treat you like crap, then good ridden! STOP DOING FOR THEM! THEY WILL NEED YOU BEFORE YOU NEED THEM! I would stop all communication :roll_eyes:. No one would be taking from my children for their favor! YOU AND YOUR CHILDREN COMES BEFORE FAMILY, BOYFRIEND, HUSBAND, ECT!!!

1 Like

1)Stop paying there bill

1. stop giving them :moneybag:

2. Draw up a child care plan charge her by the hour or by the day

3. stop letting them walk all over you like you are a floor mat

4. Just tell them that since you gotta pay transportation and everything now you can’t pay :moneybag: for there phone bills or anything they should be doing stuff for you specially you’re sister since you keep her daughter .
    Put a Stop to it Now

2 Likes

Cut them out of your life. They are literally selfish and terrible. Traits you don’t need your children seeing as normal. They don’t help you… don’t help them. Just because y’all are blood related doesn’t make them your family. Sometimes friends are more like family. Idk where you are I’m in northwest ga but if you are close I wouldn’t mind to help you. I was a single mother once and I understand how hard it is in all aspects. Please do not let people continue to hurt you. Also STOP letting the help you give others take away from your own children.

1 Like

Tell the to fudge off. Your ATM,is permanently closed. Really the,nerve of,them

2 Likes

I know a lot of people have already commented, but I’d think you would know better already… I guess it depends on culture and the upbringing. Maybe, it’s always been that you’re the one to take a fall. Like everyone else has said, stop giving when they refuse to give back. The way they treat you isn’t family. Save yourself money by cutting off their services and letting them know you can’t afford it anymore. If your sister still expects you to babysit for her, tell her you’re going to charge now to cover costs of anything her daughter needs (craft supplies, diapers if she’s younger, etc) and utilities and food used. If you don’t put your foot down, nothing will change for the better. You can’t lead your family if your family is still leading you. Make sure to read that a few times to yourself, because your own kids are counting on you to help them survive. I wish I could help you out more, because I’ve been through that single mom journey but with a broken car. :heart:

1 Like

Don’t do shit for them anymore and be selfish if they claim you are

STOP their financial help and say nothing. People hear best when we stop talking

2 Likes

Sounds like a Cinderella story and you’re Cinderella with the Evil step mother and stepsisters…that’s exactly how they’re treating you :cry: My heart breaks that you’re in this situation bc I can tell you really love them and like you said they’re the only family you have left but you gotta set boundaries, they’re using you to the max and not returning the favor whatsoever. First off a daughter/sister shouldn’t be paying for their phones and insurance…that’s not your responsibility, they’re adults and need to act like it. I would talk to them and say “I’ve been put in a situation where I can no longer afford to pay these Bill’s for yall since I now have to use car services to take me to the grocery store and important dr appt. For myself and my child” praying yall are able to mend this relationship and they apologize for the way they treated you :heart:

Stop helping them, cut contact for awhile, cut their phones and insurances. Time they stood on their own 2 feet

4 Likes

Call an Uber when you need a lift and stop giving them money. They don’t deserve it.

2 Likes

You are better off with out them stop paying for there bills you have saved your sister a lot of money by watching her child

2 Likes

They are being selfish not you

2 Likes

Take them off your phone bill and car insurance and use that money to Uber. They expect so much of you and are being selfish. Just do you!

4 Likes

Selfish and self-centered and you are too kind, Stop the phones and venmo money stuff1 Think about you for a change! It would be cheaper for you stop paying their stuff and you use Uber for drs. and groceries or nstacart for your groceries. Tell them you are going to cut them off and they need to pay you back.

1 Like

You are not a door mat.Tell them you are done.Cut them off financially and hire Uber or Lyft for your Dr’s app.Stop paying their bills.There’s places that deliver gro to your door and pharmacies too.Don’t hurt yourself and let your kids suffer.You deserve better and so do your kids.

Quit giving them everything they ask for and take their phone off your account and giving your money away to those who are using you

1 Like

Stop helping. Take them off of your phone plan, stop babysitting for free and let them figure out insurance for the cars they have an issue giving you a ride in. Take that money and Uber/Lyft when you need to.

1 Like

First they wouldn’t have phones to talk to ANYONE else. I would suspend them lines with a quickness. Second, I wouldn’t be paying their insurance either. Like WTH?! Grown people take care of their grown bills without someone else’s help. If you stop paying those things, you can pay for an Uber to take you to shop or doctors. Stop being their crutch and let them fall on their faces. :woman_shrugging:t3::woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

Stop paying for their phones and insurance :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Personal, I’d stop altogether.
Tell them straight I’m not your bank
You need money go and get a Job.
What money I have is MINE.
What you do with your money is up to you.
Also say iv e got bills to pay.
So sorry this bank account is no closed due to lack of funds!!!

Tell them they are absolutely right. You have been extremely selfish.
Tell your sister you will continue to keep your niece but it will cost her 5$ a day and you will provide receipts for income tax( be sure to claim this as income)
Tell them you are removing them from you phone plan immediately and they are responsible for that. Tell them as of August 1/22 they are responsible for their own car insurance. I can understand paying for gas when they drive you to the store and appointments but not half their groceries. Tell them that you have found an alternative way to attend appointments and to grocery shop and will not be bothering them again.
Tell them you are looking forward to being part of a normal family dynamic and would appreciate their support on your journey to become more responsible and that there will be no further discussion. Then go about your business. If they choose to walk away from you, blame you, gaslight you, try to get you to reinstate their perks, you tell them they were right to call you out. You were buying their love and attention by paying for their responsibilities and enabling them to not be responsible for themselves. It was extremely selfish of you and you are so glad they made you aware of your behaviour.

If they choose to get mad at you or have nothing to do with you it is their loss not yours. I’m sure you may miss your niece if your sister chooses to find alternative care but she’ll be paying much more than $5 a day, so I don’t think you need to worry about it.
No matter what never go back to paying for their stuff or lending them money.

1 Like

Say goodbye and cut the ties now. They aren’t worth it. Toxic is toxic and you need to do what’s right for you and your kids. With the money you save from paying their bills and borrowing money, you can afford Uber :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

You have so much power and until you realize it They will continue to use you. Cut off the money line and free babysitting you don’t deserve this. I have epilepsy and I don’t have a driver’s license but you will learn to manage,

Consider MAS transportation

Take them off of your insurance, take them of your phone plan. You can get your groceries delivered via instacart, or take an Uber or lyft to the store. Stop watching her child for free too. They’re taking advantage of you, yet they’re the selfish ones. You use all the $$$ you’ll be saving for you and your children. Your mom and sister can find someone else to leach off of, or learn to provide for themselves.

1 Like

I’ve been there… Let me tell you something. FAMILY AINT SHIT! I am a loner and have no family and it’s freeing.

Walmart will deliver your groceries

1 Like

And u can get on your local town page and ask for rides

I’m so sorry you are being treated this way. Seems they only need you when they need something. Just stop helping. See if they come around. If not, use the money you used to give them, and save for a vacation.

1 Like

If you don’t live with them I’d cut them completely off.

4 Likes

Cut them off. Stop paying their phone and insurance. Bet they reach out than an say sorry

3 Likes

Well…if they’re not talking to you, probably don’t need those phones then

2 Likes

Instead of asking them just use uber instea dof paying for half their groceries or Vemoing them money worry about yourself. Because in the end thats all we have sometimes.

2 Likes

Stop letting them walk all over you! Make some nice friends and ask for some help. Good people won’t hesitate to help a friend in need! :blue_heart:

4 Likes

Stop paying for their stuff, period. Get a Lyft for appts. Sometimes insurance can get you transportation. Get your groceries delivered or Lyft for those too. Screw them. Stop watching your sis kid too or definitely start charging her!!!

5 Likes

Cut it all off from them, show them what you do for them by letting them see it for themselves, take the phones off your plan and cancel them, tell them to set upntheir own plan and get billed and don’t pay the insurance, pay nothing. They are ingreatfil and are acting intitled like you owe them for the little you ask for in help. You don’t need this and if they are not helping anyways what do you need them for in your life for anyways, just cause they are family doesn’t mean you need to keep them

3 Likes

Wait!
You pay phone and car insurance and they cant give you a ride? Plus you babysit? Cut em dafuk off!

4 Likes

Get rid of them. Then you’ll have a much better life. Use the money for yourself and your kids.

3 Likes