What should I do about what my doctor did to me?

My baby was born at 39 weeks one day with no known health concerns at all …My last ultrasound was at 25 weeks after a third anatomy scan due to not being able to see the babies heart fully the doctor told me that everything was fine. Fast forward too nearing the end of my pregnancy I felt like something could possibly be wrong and asked for another ultrasound almost every appointment I was told no my baby is a Csection baby so there’s no need to have another ultrasound… shortly after birth we learned that the baby had severe heart issues which would entail three heart surgeries 2 being open heart , starting at less than 2 months old and eventually a heart transplant kidney & liver transplant as well. We spent the first 12 hours with her before they noticed this and was taken and rushed to the childrens hospital , We spent the whole first week in the hospital at Vanderbilt children’s. That week I received several phone calls from my OB to check on the baby and myself ( which being my 3rd pregnancy I can say this is the first time iv ever had an OB call to check on us at all) when I went to my follow up that she requested at 2 weeks which was also strange to me she shows me an ultrasound of my baby’s heart… showing that it was fully formed and claims she’s “unsure of how this could have happened” I was shocked when I seen the picture so I took this to the baby’s cardiologist where we were told by her there is NO WAY my baby’s heart ever formed that she 100% did not show me a picture of this baby’s heart … So that really raised some red flags for me because if you missed it just admit it and move on … Everyone is telling me I need to sue this doctor for negligence but I’m not sure if I should or even where to begin fast forward to this week I went to my 6 week follow up and took the post partum depression quiz and was diagnosed with MILD PPD this dr has tried to admit me to the mental floor at the hospitals went as far as trying to refuse letting me leave my appointment , has had a physc hospital contacting me , the medical center and also her office … also went we as far as calling my husband more than 5 times in one day while he is working if I don’t answer because they are “afraid I may harm myself” and I sort of feel like she’s trying to get me admitted incase I try to sue she will be able to use my mental state against me :upside_down_face:

I think the issue here is that they refused to do ultrasounds that you asked for, and then AFTER birth the dr tried to pass someone else’s ultrasound off as being your babies. Why on earth do that? That’s huge red flag. That’s not ethical at all. The Dr should be reassuring you that there was nothing they could have seen. Instead it sounds like the dr is trying to cover her ass. Not to mention trying to get you committed for mild PPD. I’d be seeking a lawyer, at least to question it.