What should I do?

Quite simple. Tell him you do not share your child’s personal information with strangers. He may be contributing, by an order from the Court, with money and insurance…but has never made an attempt to “know” him. The child is nobody’s liability…rather a very valuable asset. He is not a means of income …rather a treasure
He could take it upon himself to file a motion with the court to ask that he be given said info. If they should order it, then so be it. He does not get to demand and wishes be granted.
Good luck, momma :bangbang:

16 Likes

Pictures are one thing. The documents, no way

1 Like

Definitely taxes. Don’t give him anything

3 Likes

He’s trying to be sneaky. If everything is covered already then don’t give it to him. But do give time with your son. On whatever terms you impose or what’s on your court terms. I had a slightly similar situation not long ago. It left me all kinds of fucked up, and turned out how I expected, but no one can say I didn’t try.

Don’t give it to him. Protect your kid. You never know he may want to use his info to get loans/ credit cards. My dad did that to my brother

4 Likes

he’s definitely trying to claim him for taxes lol

3 Likes

Most likely to file that child on his taxes. DO NOT give him it! I hope you filed that baby on your taxes already.

1 Like

He’s trying to claim him on taxes

1 Like

Uhm… because it’s tax time. Don’t let him use your child as a tax write off. He’s been gone 6 years without that info… he can keep going even longer :roll_eyes:

9 Likes

My baby daddy tried to vet me to give him our kids social security numbers once. When I asked him why he stated so he could file for ebt and he would get more with the kids. Our kids don’t even live with him and he hasn’t seen them in 3 yrs. It was a big fat no from me. I wouldn’t give any info of the kids if he hasn’t been in their lives. He can get his own copy of the birth certificate if he is listed on it. :woman_shrugging:

7 Likes

I work for child support enforcement. He doesn’t need that. Don’t do it. If it’s about his insurance provide that to the insurance provider not him.

7 Likes

He wants to claim him on his taxes…don’t give him anything!!!

7 Likes

Taxes he wants to claim him

4 Likes

He is trying to claim him on his taxes

5 Likes

These items could also be used to use your son’s identity. Be very careful.

6 Likes

He’s trying to claim him for taxes.

4 Likes

Tax return… my son’s biological father tried that on me one year.

4 Likes

Yeah, don’t give him shit.

1 Like

Def trying to claim him on his taxes

2 Likes

He wants it for taxes lol

Now I am that parent that would demand to know why he wants the information. Me ex has never had my daughter’s social or birth certificate. Not that it is not accessible for him. I just will not give it to him.

1 Like

Taxes. Which they should get him for. How does your custody agreement read??

1 Like

Maybe he’s trying to claim him on taxes

1 Like

I would not give him anything. Take it to court.

1 Like

Taxes. Nope. Don’t do it.

3 Likes

He’s trying to claim your child on his taxes hun.

3 Likes

He may be eligible for federal dollars but not unless he pays child support—-

1 Like

He is definitely trying to file taxes under you for your son !

3 Likes

Jennifer Vazquez she isn’t going to prevent him from being in his life she even stated that, but she is concerned about him wanting the ssn and birth certificate.

1 Like

Do not give to him he wants to claim him on his taxes

4 Likes

Has he ever used them for a tax write off in not, block him!

He is trying to claim your son on taxes. Or he could be trying to take a credit card out in his name.

7 Likes

Dont, just dont. He will create headache for you for years.

3 Likes

He wants it for his taxes do not give him anything. He can be in his life but he doesn’t need this information he hasn’t needed it this long then he don’t need it now. Don’t fall for this cause you will regret it

6 Likes

Don’t do it! He wants it for taxes!

Do. Not. Give him this stuff he is asking for.

He has a scheme to get money and cheat you. Don’t give him anything. Just an opinion

2 Likes

Sounds totally sketchy. Don’t let him in, he had 6yrs. Little too late.

Not only taxes, but my son’s bio grandfather used his son’s SSN and birth certificate to rack up a bunch of debt. If he’s not active in the child’s life, just don’t do it.

3 Likes

Do not give him any info!!!

1 Like

So he can claim him on his taxes of course, don’t do it.

5 Likes

As the legal parent he can obtain both on his own. Don’t give him anything. He can figure out how to get them himself. Chances are he wants to claim Your son on his taxes & possibly even get state assistance for him. He can also use those documents for things like enrolling your son in school.

Don’t let him see or have contact with your son until he obtains a court order. Making him go about it legally is not keeping your child from him. Some will tell you it is & make you feel bad but it’s not. You’re simply making sure you’re rights as the child’s mother & your child’s rights are protected. As well as him making sure his rights are protected. Legal custody let’s both parties know where they stand, limits being maniplulative & gives both of you a way to enforce it if 1 goes against the order.

Since he hasn’t been in your child’s life for 6yrs ask for supervised visits by a 3rd party at his expense. That way he can get support & guidance at obtaining a healthy relationship & a 3rd party such as a counselor or social worker can see red flags you may miss.

13 Likes

Tell him NO DSS said no and it is taken care of.

1 Like

Probably wants to get tax deduction with him

2 Likes

He wants to claim the kid on his taxes! Don’t give him anything!

8 Likes

He wants to claim him in taxes… don’t give to him… and if you haven’t filed yours yet you should go ahead … bc for some reason he gets ahold of his ss# he can claim him and then if you do will be in trouble… long story short years ago my child’s father claimed my son without me knowing… then I filed… I had to pay it back… basically they told me that if that happens it is “ever who gets theirs filed first” is the one that “counts”

1 Like

Make him prove his need for the information. He could get a pass port for the child with that information. I would not give it. There is no way he needs the birth certificate. No way if insurance wants it make them ask you not him. Hell no

2 Likes

Don’t give him that information. Say they instructed you not to. Seems like he just wants to use that for something rather than actually build a relationship. :woman_shrugging:t2:

He wants to claim your son on his taxes. Do not give him any information.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t…sounds like wanting to claim on taxes…something

3 Likes

6 years and all of a sudden wanting personal information of your sons birth! No, do not give him any personal information!! Let him go through the court system if it’s really necessary. Why does he need this personal information??

5 Likes

If he carries health insurance on your son, sometimes the health insurance needs verification. I’ve had to turn in my kids SSN and scan send a copy of their birth certificate every few years. :woman_shrugging:
But they Will mail an official letter requesting this with a due date.

1 Like

ummm, after 6yrs, hes NEVER met your child… and now he wants important information about him?
honey, thats a HELL NO from me

if he isnt on the birth certificate either, DO NOT GIVE THAT INFO OUT
if he is, he can do that shit himself…
6yrs… NO NO NO

to claim him on his taxes would be mu guess dont give him anything no no no

2 Likes

He’s wanting to claim him on taxes

2 Likes

You can not be that gullible.

7 Likes

He probably wants to claim him as a dependent on his taxes.

1 Like

probably for taxe. dont do it

2 Likes

Def not. No need for him to have that info. I would be direct and say listen I’m so happy that you want to be involved in our sons life and I welcome it because I will always do what’s best for our son. With that said you haven’t been an active parent nor have you even met him yet. trust will take time to build. Until I have gained that trust in you I have to protect my son and his confidential info at all costs. As his primary parent and only active parent for past 6 years I am not comfortable giving anyone this info. There is no need for that information to be shared for you to have a relationship with your child. What do you need his ssn and a copy of birth certificate? Until he shows he has good intentions and a consistent relationship with his child I wouldn’t give anything at all.

8 Likes

6 years no contact I wouldn’t even let him see my child!

3 Likes

He’s probably trying to claim him on his taxes or something.

2 Likes

Probably wants to claim them on his taxes. Dont do it

2 Likes

What they said :point_up:Don’t Do it!! He diffently up to Something!!

If he can get ss number he can get food stamps off of him and money. My daughter in law jas already tried that years ago. Lady called said does she have the kids I said no they are here with us and there dad. She was in Colorado at the time. A scum bag is all I can say about people like that.

DO NOT GIVE HIM THOSE! He’s trying to file taxes and get the tax credit for your child.

2 Likes

He wants to claim him on taxes! He’ll need the birth certificate in case they question it! Don’t give him nothing!!

1 Like

The ONLY reason my ex asked for socials was for tax purposes. The last couple years I’ve filed though, you have to prove they live with you. We have 3 and only one lived with him for a little less than a year. But that’s the only time he’d ever asked for one

Taxes or fraud of some kind. No freakin way…

1 Like

Sounds like taxes. Don’t give him that.

Because he’s about claim that child on taxes duh :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

He probably wants to claim him on his taxes. I would not give him that information. What he should be trying for is being an active parent in his sons life. I am a single mom and if this were my baby daddy I would never give that information to him.

3 Likes

I definitely would not give them to him

Taxes lady. He don’t wanna see his son, he wants the money.

2 Likes

Don’t give it to him. Probably trying to claim for taxes. It’s that time of year.

1 Like

Taxes probably but he can also open accounts using the social so I wouldn’t give them to him if I were you

2 Likes

Never give anyone your child’s SSN. This is how identities get stolen. If you believe the child’s father is a safe person for son to be around don’t keep him from him. Start extremely slowly. In a very public place. You meet him first and only you. Check your gut feeling. If your gut feeling is a no go then listen to it! If you want your son to meet his Dad and you trust your gut, do it publicly and for a very short amount of time. In a park or someplace your son is very comfortable with. A place where you can read your son’s body language. Where he’s comfortable talking to you about his feelings.
All that being said. His father may have a legitimate reason to want to get to know his son. I totally understand how uncomfortable the whole situation is for you. Don’t ever not listen to your own gut! Not your heart, your gut! You can do this, no matter what you decide!

1 Like

My attorney told me NOT to give those documents. He can go get them himself if he wants them.

Taxes. Absolutely do not and call the IRS so they can be aware that it might happen

Just because he is your child’s dad doesn’t mean you need to trust him for any reason! He does not need that info!

6 Likes

Taxes…especially given that as I understand it, if he didn’t receive the stimulus money for your child, he’ll have to claim your child on the taxes to get the same payments that were paid out to everyone with kids. And likewise… if you received the stimulus money for your child, you’ll have to claim him on your taxes or else you’ll have to pay back whatever monies you received that were child specific.

girl it’s tax season

RED FLAG ALERT!!! If he isn’t trying to file taxes, he is about to destroy your kids credit by changing something to his SSN. DO NOT GIVE IT!!!

6 Likes

Don’t do it. He’s wanting to claim them on his taxes and that will cause a huge mess.

2 Likes

Dead beat POS just wants to claim the kid on taxes…

3 Likes

Do not give him that information.

1 Like

DO NOT GIVE HIM ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION. Once you mention child support. I suspect you won’t hear from him again. Set up supervised visits with the child support enforcement agency. You do not with your child,(ren,) left alone with a stranger ,( which the dad is after not seeing him for six years. There is some reason he’s contacting you now. DON"T GIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION. Do not let him see the child until all court proceedings are finalized. I hope he would not flee with the child.

3 Likes

He wants to do something bad with it, file taxes or something. Do not give this info over and tell him to kick rocks.

Might be trying to claim him for taxes

Major Red flag herewhy now after 6 years his going to do something dodgy

To file income tax and claim him probably.

1 Like

No no don’t do it please !!!

Don’t give him shit!!! Doesn’t matter why he wants it, give him nothing, he’s up to no good!!!

Who cares…just tell him to stop asking. :face_with_raised_eyebrow::persevere:

Wow…he is FOS!!! He is trying to claim him on his taxes

2 Likes

Do NOT give any information to him.

2 Likes

Agreed, trying to claim on taxes…nope.

2 Likes

He wanting to claim them on taxes or trying to get some kind of benefit be careful my dear he’s up to something don’t do it

6 Likes

He wants to use his info to file taxes

3 Likes

Don’t he’s trying to claim him on his taxes to get more money back

2 Likes

I wouldn’t do it NO way!He’s up to something !

1 Like