What should I do?

To claim him on his taxes for a refund and bonus check.
Don’t give it to him or the visits

6 Likes

Hell nah! He wants it for tax purposes

2 Likes

Does anyone read before commenting? 98% are about taxes…

I knew a dad that used this info to start getting credit cards in their child’s name and racked up debt!!! Don’t give him the info!

1 Like

As the father they can get their own copies. If they want them, they can go get them. It’s not my responsibility

Girl don’t give him any information. He’s up to something!

1 Like

Thats nuts he wants to claim on taxes yet didnt want nothing to do with him till he realized the benefit of taxes and having a kid wow just wow

2 Likes

Nope. He’s NEVER met his son in 6 yrs and says he wants a relationship with him but now he always wants his ss number and a picture or his birth certificate. Hell no. He’s up to something! Probably wanting to claim him on his taxes. And if he wants to see his son he can go thru the courts :woman_shrugging: He hasn’t been there in 6 yrs…make him prove he wants a relationship by going to court and paying child support.

5 Likes

Don’t give it to him.

1 Like

I don’t know why but I’d do as DDS said any tell him he doesn’t need them and you knew for sure without question that he couldn’t make you. I would in no uncertain terms give him anything

1 Like

Definitely don’t give him any info! If he really wanted his birth certificate then he can go to the courts and pay for one himself. You do not at need to provide that information to him. As for social security # he can do the same thing. But total red flag if you ask me.

Never give your child’s social out to anyone you don’t explicitly trust.

Please don’t give it to him.He is definitely up to something bad.And also you don’t want to risk losing your son to him, especially since he would abuse him.

Red flag he is prolly wanting to claim him on his taxes

5 Likes

Girl it’s tax time! My kids fathers have never seen their social security cards… and my kids are 15 and 2. Don’t do it! Lol

3 Likes

He wants a dependant for taxes

1 Like

Haven’t seen your son in 6 years?? uh, go f yourself would be my response to anything he said to me honestly :joy::eyes::skull:

But uh yeah I find it fishy that it’s tax time and he needs that information… no…the fact he’d even ask something like that after being absent for so long is pathetic :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

6 Likes

He wants it for taxes purposes don’t give it to him

2 Likes

He’s probably trying to file his taxes and claim him

1 Like

He wants it because he is trying to claim him on his taxes no doubt. Don’t give it to him.

3 Likes

Nope. Defiantly not. It sounds like he is up to something also you can sign paper work using someone’s social security number.

My sperm donor did that when I was 17 called my job asking my boss for my Social Security number

That is sad AF, what a deadbeat. Sounds like he wants to file them on his taxes. :broken_heart: I don’t understand how parents can do that sh!t.

Are you legitimately asking for advice?
Seriously?
Come on, you know the answer.

So he can take it and he can try to get custody

Block his number. You don’t have to speak to him at all.

Definitely do not give this information to him , he doesn’t need it to be a part time dad. He wants the big money and trying to do it secretly. Be smart . After six years it’s a problem for sure

2 Likes

Red flags… he can find all that out on his own

2 Likes

To claim him on taxes

2 Likes

I think he might want to claim him on his taxes

4 Likes

If he wanted his birth certificate he could get it himself tell him do that

Do not give that information and tell that you’ve been told not to.

5 Likes

He can get that info without going through this. He may need a lawyer. He is the father and that’s his right whether anyone here thinks otherwise that doesn’t matter whatsoever. You either give their father the information he has every right to have or he can get it another way. If you want to know why you can ask but I’d tread carefully denying a father information for his own child. That’s not okay. Don’t pretend he is their father when it comes to money and pretend he is not when he ask for basic information he can request himself anyways. He will get those documents just may take him longer since you are giving him a hard time.

4 Likes

Taxes money hungry fool DONT!!!

5 Likes

I would not give him anything. Tell him you were advised not to. If he still doesn’t try to reach out to his son, then you know sadly he was scheming. Stay strong.

1 Like

Idk why he’d ask you for it for taxes this late like you wouldn’t have already claimed him as a dependent by now it’s March lol you don’t need a birth certificate to file taxes either lol if he’s on his birth certificate he can go get all of that stuff himself

If he files for taxes then let him. Ladies you have to go through it to understand. You can still file yourself. Irs will resolve this once you provide information that you have the child. You can also file first then give the information to the father and wait. He will get the money then irs will swoop in and take it back and deal with him accordingly.

1 Like

No, don’t give it to him; it’s for taxes

1 Like

This is sad… Sounds like he has worked out he can use his kid for his taxes, he should be more focused on actually seeing them.

2 Likes

He can get his own copy of the BC. The person with actual custody of the child should have the child’s original documents. He can go through the process just like you did.

2 Likes

So he can claim him on his taxes…or take out a life insurance policy on him…please don’t give any one this personal information…

So he can claim him on taxes

No don’t do it tell him to take you to court

Say bye bye… kid first always

I would not give him no copies of anything. I’d make him take you to court. In some states if the father “abandoned” said child for 6 years then he has no rights to said child

It’s tax season so he just wants to claim him. My kids pos bd tried that once. So no!

Hello, It’s tax time; Do not give him the information!!

2 Likes

DON’T give it to him!!!

He probably plans on claiming him.

1 Like

Don’t be a fool. He wants to claim the child in his taxes

4 Likes

I don’t know what state you reside but I was told the parent that provides 51% or more of the child’s needs is the parent that gets to claim the child on their taxes for the year or years in question.

He’s trying to claim him on taxes

6 Likes

Don’t give any documents…my sister went thru something similar and he only used it for taxes

1 Like

Just tell him sorry but he’s not claiming him on his taxes

5 Likes

where has he been for six years? do no give him anything. what is ,he up to? protect your child from unwanted hurt.

2 Likes

Don’t give him a thing

3 Likes

Guess common sense isn’t too common :woman_shrugging:t4:

Giirl he trying to hustle ya ass. DONT give up that info, he’s trying to pull one over on you & claim him for taxes.

Sounds like a bit of fraud tryna happen. Those documents have nothing to do with him.

5 Likes

He just wants it for taxes, yeah no if he doesn’t have custody be doesn’t need the social Security number.

7 Likes

Doesn’t matter why he wants it absolutely say hell no

4 Likes

Don’t give him a thing hasn’t bothered in 6 whole years…

4 Likes

Nope no and nup! Protect u and ur child first. This seems fishy. Automatic no for me.

3 Likes

I was gna say he’s either gna try to claim him on taxes or fk around and open something in his name using his credit (happened to ALOT of my friends growing up and a pain in the a to deal with) either way he’s up to no good and I’d bet money if u give them to him you’ll end up regretting it.

6 Likes

He wants to use the info for fraud. Take out credit cards and get loans in the child’s nsme

4 Likes

Pretty sure 6 years is legal abandonment. Don’t give him crap

7 Likes

Fraud/taxes at minimum

2 Likes

So to the people saying taxes… ok that explains the social security number… But not the birth certificate…
And to the ones saying that it is easy getting the birth certificate… What state are you in? It wasn’t easy getting my son. Even as the mother…

1 Like

Have you asked him why? He maybe trying to claim for him but if the child doesn’t spend any time with him especially over night, he’s not entitled to any of that money

1 Like

Do not give him any details no matter the excuses/reasons or his arsey he gets with you. He can’t just waltz back in after 6 years and have this info. Makes me wonder if he’s been listening to others telling him to start a relationship then you can get money for it :thinking::thinking::thinking:

1 Like

Tell him to kick rocks. He’s probably trying to file taxes and wants to use him as a dependent. Don’t give him anything

10 Likes

He probably wants to claim him on taxes don’t give it to him

4 Likes

Don’t do it. He wants to claim him on taxes

5 Likes

He’s trynna get that tax return maam lol

3 Likes

Talk to a lawyer to get the correct answers. The first consultation is free.

1 Like

He’s probably trying to claim him on taxes to get some money

4 Likes

Do not give him any information!!! No matter what. If he was involved with his child he would have that information already. He doesn’t deserve it during tax season. And even if he doesn’t do it this time. He can try to do it in the coming years. He should be asking what he can provide for the child, clothes, toys, food etc… not his personal information

1 Like

Hes using the child for something

1 Like

He could be fishing for information to claim your child on official documents like income taxes or other records like loan applications as a dependent.

2 Likes

Nope!!! He trying to claim him on taxes!

5 Likes

Worse than taxes he could be trying to use your child’s identity for credit purposes - be very careful.

9 Likes

Whatever he is up to sounds a lot like fraud

1 Like

He wants to claim him on taxes, most likely. I wouldn’t give him a damn thing. Once he has his social, you can bet he’ll never lose it.

Do not give him the info. I am of the thought that he could do much harm.

2 Likes

Nope red flag don’t give him nothing

2 Likes

Nope! Give him nothing!

1 Like

He wants to file him on taxes. Don’t give him the info. He could even use it to put bills in your son’s name. I wouldn’t give it to him. There’s no legal reason for you to do so.

3 Likes

Don’t give it to him

Woah definitely never give out that information!!

1 Like

$$$

I really hope he actually wants to know his child. Hate when any parent just uses and abuses their kids

Dont give the info. He wants to claim him. Its fraud. He hasn’t seen the child.

To claim the child on taxes

3 Likes

Don’t he wants to claim him on income tax don’t do it.There is a Big red flag .

3 Likes

He probably wants to use them as a tax credit since it is tax season. I say NO!

2 Likes

How about just asking him why?

2 Likes

He’s trying to claim him on taxes. Doubt he even wants a relationship, he just wants that money. The child tax credit has brought out all the absent dads :woman_facepalming:

5 Likes

Oh no,no,no please don’t give him that info

Definitely doesn’t seem he wants a relationship especially when asking for his information. I’d be careful with his intentions!

Huge red flag. 6 years in he wants vital statistics? Tell him that you have been advised not to give your sons info to anyone. I wouldn’t allow any visits without you being present. This guy is not responsible; and very likely up to no good. Be very careful.

2 Likes

Try and claim him DO NOT GIVE INFO TOO HIM

Cash cow is all he sees that kid as

1 Like

More than likely trying to claim him on his taxes. If he doesn’t need them for the things he has to do don’t give it to him, unless you are fan of not being able to claim him.

All those years passed with no interest in the child and now he is asking for SS# and stuff. Please take this as the red flag it is.

2 Likes

Don’t do it :pray:t3: there is no GOOD reason he needs it if he has many seen him in 6 years

1 Like