What size diapers should I stock up on?

Do not open any packs unless you plan on using them right now you can take them back and exchange them next size up

1 Like

When both my children were born they went straight to size 1. And I had a ton of new born diapers that were never needed.

Don’t stock up. Especially not of one size /brand

You never know how quickly kid will grow. Or if they have a reaction to a certain brand

3 Likes

I measured big my whole pregnancy and had a 10 pound baby a week earlier. He’s now 4 months old, in size 4s, about to be in size 5s.

Couldn’t even get newborn diapers to fasten in the hospital, they were so small. We were in 1’s from birth to one month. 2’s for a month, 3’s for two months and now have been in 4s for a month. Every month pretty much we’ve gone up a size, never used newborn. I’d get a box or two of every size and add more once they’re here

Both my babies were measuring big and were big 9lb/4kg. Newborn nappies go up to 6kg so def still need them! My 4week old is still wearing them and will be for a couple more weeks I reckon, she is weighing in at 5kg now. So far nearly 2 big boxes down.

Size one and a smaller pack of newborn just in case!

What I did was buy only a few packs of newborn, and then stocked up on sizes 2, and 3. If i needed more preemie or newborn but knew my daughter was going to outgrow them in with in the week I would either buy a small pack of what i needed used it and then moved on to the next size when I ran out even if they were slightly bigger. I also find that pampers is smaller in size vs others. I also signed up for a lot of mom boxes and was sent samples of diapers so I could see what my daughters skin wouldn’t agree with. You can always take back and exchange. Also fb market place is the place to go searching for packs of diapers that others children have outgrown.

1 Like

I would get size ones as a just in case. But most of the time just wait till baby is born to stock up too much on them. From experience. Bought a bunch of newborns and then he was too big for them :confused:

My babies only wore nb diapers for like a month…get 2 - 3. Well, thats what i used the most.

I bought new born and then my darn son barley fit in them

Both of my kids could only use a certain kind… But each was a different brand. I wouldnt stock up on to much but maybe put that money back so u can buy as u need incase baby grows fast or is allergic. Thats what i would do if i have another

I’d buy a small pack of newborn and go from there! I got various sizes at my baby shower so they helped if not just buy a case and a case of size 1

Get one box of newborn and then size 1 to last about 3 months, then size two should work until about 6-8 months depending on baby, mi e were chunky so we went from newborn to 2 within 6 weeks​:joy::joy::joy:

buy bigger, if the baby is small, you can always use them in a couple of months

I wouldnt stock up on a certain size or brand- some skip newborn completely, or are in a size for just a week or two.
My suggestion is to take the money that you would have spent on stocking up on diapers/wipes, and purchase gift cards instead. Then when you need diapers, use the gift cards

2 Likes

My son is 14 months old and has been in size 3 forever. He’s definitely been in this size longer than anything else. I’d say stock up on 1 and 3.

I would maybe buy couple packs of newborns and make sure buy a box of 1’s, and then get a box of 2’s. I had too big of a box of 1’s that I got as a gift and couldn’t use one of the sleeves. I would get a smaller box of 1’s because of that.

Both of my girls were in 3s the longest. They were in 1s for a good bit too, but definitely 3s.

Mine wore size 1 at birth. Nb were too small. They wore 3s and 4s the longest. Best advice? Tape the receipt to the diaper package and exchange for different size if needed

2 Likes

I got a bunch of size 1 diapers but ended up needing a lot of NB. Depends on how big your baby is.

We got one small pack of newborn and my daughter was 8.9 so we just put her right into size 1. This time we aren’t getting any newborn. They barely fit her at the hospital. Honestly my daughter always went up the next size like 2-3 pounds under what the next size box says but we also had way less blowouts when we went this route too.

I wouldn’t stock up on diapers above and beyond maybe what you get at a baby shower or what you immediately need. You don’t know what will and won’t work for baby yet. My twins have very sensitive skin and all off brands have left them chafed and rashy. My daughter didn’t do well with Luvs and leaked out of Huggies. It’s trial and error sometimes and you don’t want to be stuck with a large quantity of a single brand that might not work for baby.

1 Like

I would get a couple boxes of nb and then get size 1s.

My son was in each size for each month lol he finally stuck to size 6

I just had my lo on June 8th. Stock up on Newborn and 1s.

They don’t usually wear newborn size very long

My son weighed 6.9lbs at birth his first doctors appointment at a week old he weighed 7lbs, hes only 2 weeks and is already in size 1 diapers. So I’d say dont buy to many newborn diapers maybe 1 box should do for newborns ! That all I can say :woman_shrugging: my first was tiny so he was in some diaper sizes for abit.

If you get newborn size just don’t get more than a pack. Because they seem to go to size 1 pretty quick then mine usually jumped straight to 3’s! My boys could pee lagoons! Haha

Just add a size 1 of each brand you might use in a small package and a package of wipes to your normal food shopping that way you’re not stuck with so many you might not be able to use

Typically babies will be in size 3 the longest. Before Covid you could exchange sizes.

Don’t stock up on newborn diapers. They typically aren’t in them long, plus if u have a baby shower it seems like everyone gets you the newborn size.

I would just buy one of each for now. I measured big and was told both of my kiddos were going to be 10+ lbs. They were 6.7 and 6.15 and both wore preemie for the first month or so.

Really just depends. My baby was so small the premie size is what she needed and even those were big at first. And she was full term, 39.5 weeks!! Measured average the whole time, OB estimated 7.5lbs and she was born 4lbs 9oz! Healthy but tiny. So don’t count on their measurements, they aren’t always real accurate!

Get newborn, a couple packs, and stock up on size 1. If they don’t fit, every store will let you exchange for a different size. My baby was 6 lb 5 oz and in newborn diapers for a couple of months

1 Like

I stocked up and newborn through 4s during my pregnancy. That way as my baby grew I already had that size. I had a hard tome breast feeding so my son dropped weight quickly and dropped from a size 1 to a newborn before his weight went back up.

New born were a waste of money he was from birth right in number 1. I would.say 1, 2

I got a box of each one but one newborn n primee I got a couple of weeks before I had mine (I have 4 boys) so if they didn’t fit I could exchange them for the size I needed. I mostly got 1s n 2s since they grow in them quickly.

I would just get the biggest box of size 1 that you can find.

Dont stock up make a diaper fund. You never know if your babe will ve able to use the ones you get. We had to try three diffrent brands before we found what worked for my daughter. Best bet is to just make a diaper fund.

1 Like

My kids were in size 4 the most

1 Like

Don’t stock up!
You don’t know how long they will last and you don’t know if they’re the right brand! Just try the one newborn brand and just see after that, honestly there’s no point in stocking up because nappies are always available!

Do one of each size. If you get an extra pack of something and don’t open it some stores like target and walmart will do exchanges so long as they have that brand and size package in stock.

They go through 1 and 2 really fast, but seem to stay in size 3 for months! We always stocked up on size 3.

We blew thru the newborn, 1s and 2s and have been in 3s for a while now. Moving to 4s soon and my guy is 6.5 months. Hope that helps!

They grow into size 1 really fast. A small pack of preemie is probably plenty. And if you can’t use them at all, then you’re only out one small pack. Size 1 and 2 a couple boxes of. But for all of mine, size 3 was the largest size I ever bought, and the size they wore the longest

1 newborn. 2 or 3 size 1. 3 or 4 size 2. You can airways exchange for bigger sizes

Size 3. Not newborn. I had a preemie and still had 7 packs left over

They usually stay in 3s and 4s the longest…but definitely 1s and 2s

It’s hard to say, we potty trained before moving out of size 3. I preferred cloth pocket diapers, they grow with baby so you don’t need sizes as much!

My daughter stayed in newborn for a 1 1/2 weeks and size 1-2 for not even 2 months she stayed in size 3 for a long time and now at 15 months she’s in size 4 and we are on to the potty training so what I did was got all the diapers for how long my first daughter wore them and stocked mostly on 3-4 and I got a tremendous amount of wipes because I go through a ton of wipes :heartpulse:

Buy bigger sizes (3+) yourself to stock because most people will gift you nb-2 if you have a diaper/baby shower

1 Like

I have 3 kids. Only my oldest wore newborn diapers. He wore them until the hospital diapers ran out then was in 1. I’d say don’t buy NB. Buy a few size 1 boxes, some size 2 but stock up on size 3. Babies seem to wear 3&4 the longest.

I would get newborn and,the next size up. Whatever you don’t end up using, you can always donate.

I would say sizes 1-4 I have 6 month old twins and they are already in 3s I had lots of 1s left over

Size 3.
For some reason babies stay in that size what seems like forever. My sister in law made me a diaper castle out of size 3 diapers and that thing was huge!
We used the whole castle!!

“Measuring ahead” has nothing to do with how big a baby will be. I had 4
First was 9.4 then 9.12 , 10 and 10.8 at 39 weeks. I only measured ahead because I was already stretched.
The ultrasounds were wrong with the first two. The other two spot on.
Newborn diapers didn’t fit them , we bought a lot of 2 and 3 . Size 1 thru weren’t even in those long but again they were 12 -14 plus pounds at one and two months

All 4 of mine were in newborn for a month, sizes 1,2,3 weren’t really long at all, sizes 4 and 5 lasted the longest(years) so I would stock up on size 4 and 5 honestly

1 Like

I always used diapers one size up than my kids needed. Minimal leaks, and I didn’t need to change at night time.

I really like huggies or Kirkland (Costco ) brand diapers , the others like target or pampers stuck to her butt :disappointed: I would stock up on 1-3s my 10 month is in 3s still ! They grow out newborn quick!

Anything but newborn lol

I wasn’t told I was measuring big as they thought I was all water but first one came in at 9lb 81/2!!! I never used the newborn nappies went straight to size 1, same with his clothes. Luckily I had stocked up on newborn, size 1 and 2 xx

Luvs. Two packs of size 1, two boxes size 2, three each of size 3 and 4. Put back a couple of cases of wipes (Huggies Natural Care are the best bang for your buck) and a few tubes of Desitin Daily Defence. Diaper genies are a waste of time. Small container trash bags contain the smell better.

They’re putting my little girl at 8.5 lbs already and I’m 36 weeks, I haven’t stocked up because I’m too nervous to buy all size one and she be smaller than they’re estimating, good luck!

We where measuring big as well. Our little one came out weighing 7.5 and she’s almost two weeks old still wearing newborn.

Ones, twos, and threes!! My baby was born at 7lbs 11oz and was only in newborns for MAYBE a week.

2 Likes

I used mostly two’s for the absolute LONGEST time with my first daughter, so I’m stocking up on two’s primarily this time around. Newborn size so didn’t buy, if you’re having a hospital birth they provide those anyway and they don’t last long at all!

I only ever buy a small pack of 0 and 1 then go to shop when I know the size just buy enough to get you out of hospital x

I would buy just a little package of newborns but would get ones and two started. They most likely will let you take the diapers they have at hospital

You can’t go wrong with ones.

Buy giftcards not diapers. Some brands gave my kids rashes and apparently that’s quite common. I wouldn’t want to stock up on a bunch and not be able to use them. Plus those are really bulky to save boxes of.

1 Like

You can return unopened boxes most places.

I suggest getting only a few newborns and more 1s and 2s. My daughter could not fit size newborn when she was born she was a size 1 and weighed 8 lbs 6 oz and born 3 weeks early 🤷

All of it… each week buy a pack…of a different size…I did it saved me so much money. And what I couldn’t use I gave to a friend or donated

I’d say don’t buy any newborn.
They give you a package at the hospital, and by the time we finished the hospital package my son was in size 1. My son was only 6lbs7oz when he was born, so not a big baby at all

I was measuring a head when I was pregnant. I still needed newborn for the first month. I would stock up on ones but each baby is different. :blush:

Ones and twos and make sure you buy from somewhere that will let you exchange them if they’re unopened. Most places will.

I would say 1 and 2. But I would be no help since my preemie came home in. Premie diapers at 2 months old

I think size one looks like a good size . I bought newborn too but not sure if they will be too small…they look tiny !

I was told my son would be a 10lbs + he was only 8lbs6.5oz. Used 1 pack of newborn and it was a little tight. Get 2-3 pack of 2 and up and make sure you can return or exchange. You can never have enough wipes.

I’ve got new born and size 1 xxxx

Id buy a box or two just in case.

You can always exchange them as long as they are not opened

I never bought nb any.

Size 2 and 3 seem to be the sizes my kids stayed in the longest

My son was in 3s for what felt like a year lol. He was pretty average weight at birth and was only in newborns for a short time. Take allllllll the diapers from the hospital. Id fill a bag, then call the nurse and ask for her to refill the cart. Id focus more on 2s and 3s

We never bought newborn. Only used them in the hospital because they were provided. Ones fit fine

I’d stock up on both size 1 and 2

Bigger sizes like 1 thru 3. If you have to many newborn packages you can normally return them to wal mart or exchange them for a bigger size if need be

The hospital gave 1s when I was pregnant so if there’s a chance of needing anything smaller maybe pack a small bag of them just in case and they can usually order more in smaller sizes IF you needed them also and they’d give you some but you can always roll the tops down and make bigger ones fit :woman_shrugging: they grow so quickly when they’re tiny!

Just buy 1 pkt pampers 1 than you will know after baby is born if good size or not ? Good kuck

1 and 2’s i always buy just 1 bag of newborn and then as needed

We didnt get any newborns for our baby shower just 1s and 3s so we bought a big box of newborns before she was born and we never used them. She ended up being 9lb 1.5oz so she went straight into 1s and 0-3 months clothes. Even the hospital sent size 1 diapers home with us. So for our next one I think we will just get size 1s and no newborns lol

Sizes 1-3 are good sizes to stock up on. Plus wipes. Never outgrow wipes

A big box of ones and twos 2 boxes of threes and a stock pile of fours(I felt like my kid was in fours fourever). Fives and 2t training pants together.

My girls were in size 3 the longest

Dont matter what size as long as u stock up (YOU CAN RETURN UNOPENED DIAPERS) i took mine back to walmart and bought the sizes i needed later on

I’m 35 weeks pregnant. I have 2 packs of newborn, 17 packs of size one (they were bought for me I didn’t buy them) 10 packs of size 2 and 2 boxes of size 3 for right now. I definitely would not buy that many size ones. Like I said they were bought for me so I am going to try and exchange them for a bigger size. I buy a pack or a box almost every time I go to the store depending on what is on sale.

Buy every size when you find a sale!!! Stock up from size 2 on!! Trust me you will be so glad you did! I found to that not every kind fit the way it said. Also some aren’t as nice and soft as others. So get a few of each. Don’t forget Amazon Walmart and target run sales!

1-3 for sure. You can usually get some newborns through hospital if needed

1, 2 and 3. Not so much newborn