What size diapers should I stock up on?

2 and 3, get a small pack of new born just in case. 1 and 2.

My kiddos were in size 3 the longest by far!

Mine both needed newborn but my oldest longer than my youngest. Hospital will give you newborn but id personally get a small pack of newborn in at least 2 brands in case of allergies. Then I’d also get a few packs of 1s inn different brands. Check store policies on returns because normally you can just take back and exchange if you need a different brand or size but I know our walmarts aren’t right now thanks to covid by but I think some are allowing them again so maybe buy from those if you’re worried. Depending on how much you’re wanting to stock up you might want to just buy gift cards if you don’t think you’ll save the money in order to know what you truly need.

we’ve been in 3s forever it seems like

My son grew out of newborns ans 1s really fast, 2 was an okay length, 3 we were in for a long time. It also depends on the brand, I think luvs kinda run small compared to others

I’d buy one pack of newborn that way you aren’t out a lot of money if you don’t need them you can take them back if you don’t open them. I measured big with my last and he was 5lbs 8oz and he was 3 weeks early just because you measure ahead doesn’t mean the baby will be big it can be the way the baby is positioned it could be you have a lot of amniotic fluid

New borns and then the next size up I was huge with all my kids my 36 weeker was still 8 pounds and was in newborns for a bit

I went through newborns within a month, and my LO weighted 7lbs at birth. I also measured ahead with her. So I would buy a box of NB just in case. Size 2 and 3 I would stock up on. Size 4 and 5 I’ve been in the longest but the first year honestly any diapers are good to stock up on. If you go up a size mid box you can always donate or give to an expecting mom :slight_smile: I use Luvs brand btw. Pampers were too expensive for me. The hospital let me come home with a small package of the swaddlers.

I did one box newborn, one box size 1, and the rest 2s and 3s. Figured I could buy more of the smaller ones if needed.

My preemie went from micro to preemie in 2 weeks then preemie for 1.5 months then ban size 3 then to size 5 so. Id say stock up on wipes but diapers id buy on a need basis

My twins were supposed to be almost 8 lbs each and weighed 5 lbs 14 oz and 6 lbs 11 oz and both fit in the bigger preemie size… buy the newborns any ways because the measurements are just estimations lol

My son was in size 3 the longest

My last was in newborn till 3 months old he was born 5 pound 3 I’d atleast have a couple of packets of newborn

1-3 in case, id also get nb and if they don’t fit your little one then give them to someone in need (:

I had a box of newborn and then a box of 1 and 2. My son was in newborn until he was close to 3 months.

The hospital where I gave birth uses 1s. I didn’t use many newborn

1s and 2s. Newborn gets grown out of fast, so dont bulk buy those

I was told I was measuring big with my last baby and they were thinking he would be over 10 pounds. I skipped new born diapers and clothes. I started at size 1 diapers and 0-3 months clothes. My son was 11 pounds at birth

I just did a bag of newborns (figuring the hospital will send me home with some) and a couple of boxes of size 1 and 2 so far

Your size doesn’t matter on your babies size. Ladies have been huge and told they’re having a 8 lbs baby and they come out 5-6 lbs or vise versa. Babies also grow so fast. Newborn sizes last about a week or 2 tops. I would get a few packs of each but but most babies stay on size 3 the longest so that’s the size I’d stock up on the most.

We bought newborn and size 1. But my baby ended up coming 4 weeks early naturally and we ended up needing preemie sized diapers for about a month or two. So definitely stock up with different sizes just in case.

By a box of newborn then size ones. I only used newborns till the belly button thing fell off then I used size ones.

We had 2 boxes of newborn and then stocked up on 1’s and 2’s

You will probably get newborns at your shower if you have one. I gained 40# and had a 7.8#baby. Second one I gained 15# and had a 9.1# baby. Both pregnancies I measured bigger and small at different appointments.

Honestly they grow so fast it doesnt matter. with my first I got newborn and size 1. She wore newborn for about 2 months. Keep receipts and u can take them back if need be. My twins were premie about a month I have one in 1s and one in 2s

Get whatever you want from walmart. If you dont open or use them you can always bring them back and get merchandise credit for non receipt returns and get what you need

Buy newborn, size 1 and size 2 for a headstart. Measuring big doesn’t guarantee your baby is going to be large.

I didn’t stock up on diapers and I’m glad I didn’t as my kids all had allergy issues with some brands and I ended up having to use parents choice.

I used something similar to this. I did my registry off of it as well. My son was 6 months old when I bought diapers for the first time :wink:

Get a box of newborns to start , and I stocked up more on size ones just Incase he didn’t fit in newborns when he was born so I had a lot of next next size to fall back on

4 Likes

I measured 2 weeks ahead and my daughter was normal size and worn newborn for about a month. However you won’t need newborns for too long I don’t remember for the other sizes tho cuz every baby is different

Buy one big box of newborn and like two big boxes of 1s and 2s my son was a preemie born 2 months early and was in size 3s by the time he was 5 months!

Amazon diaper registry,
I wouldn’t stock up on them because some babies outgrow them faster than others an having an excessive amount you can no longer use is just money wasted in my opinion

Stocking ahead with diapers are tricky: when my oldest was a baby she was allergic to many of the brand name diapers. I had to go with the generic brand . Size is iffy as well. They are the one thing I would not risk getting in advance. Put money on a gift card and use that for strictly diapers. This way you will always have the right size and if your little one breaks out from one kind you won’t get stuck with them.
Just my opinion some may have better advice. My girls are 16 and 22 lol . It’s been awhile.

3 Likes

I had two 9 pound babies and both still wore newborn diapers for the first month.

I got a lot of newborn diapers from the hospital and only had to use a small bag of my own before he moved up to 1’s. And he was only 6 lb baby. Also, you can exchange diapers for whatever size at Walmart if you end up getting too many of a small size.

Maybe get a small
Pack of newborns and a pack of ones…
And then none. All babies differ and grow crazy fast!
Get $30 gift cards instead. Put them up in a safe place. Once you know what diaper baby can tolerate and what you like, use the gift cards to buy as you need them. That prevents you having to return brands you don’t like and sizes you don’t need.

3 Likes

Some newborn and some ones

I just brought a bag or 2 I never went through a whole box of newborn by 3weeks old? I was putting them in infant that’s next size after.

My daughter I used 3s and 4s the most. My son only used newborn and 1s for a month each. He’s only 3 months old and already in 2s.

My son was 11lbs 7 oz. I used newborn for a couple weeks.

Check the weight not just sizes… some brands are different weight limits on their sizes… my first I never even put in newborn diapers because at 8lbs he fit into most size 1s with no problem.

We used size 3 and 4 the longest. I would def stock up more on those. We only used newborn for 2 weeks

My son was measuring 2 weeks ahead and weighed 8lbs 13oz at birth. He stayed in newborn diapers for a month-month and a half. I’d stock up on a few packs of newborns then get 1s and 2s.

My son was in 4s by time he was 3 months. I would have never guessed so I’m glad I didn’t over stock with him lol

Just take that money and put it on a gift card.

1s and 2s neither of my girls ever wore newborns.

I bought 5 cases of each and taped the receipt to the box. If you don’t want to do that, buy gift cards to wherever you want to buy diapers and then you can have them delivered as needed.

We used 1 and now 3s the most. (My son is 21 lbs, 11 months old) we have been in 3s for about 5 months and were in 1s for 2.5
My son was a preemie so we used NB for a bit but he grew quick

Id say save back the money for diapers because the size can be tricky

I had like 2 boxes of size one 3 boxes of 2 and I got 4 boxes of 3 but seems as though ill only get to use or or two boxes :joy::joy: they grow fast. So I would say buy at least 2-3 boxes of each and you should be good out the gate

My kids used threes for the longest. However, buy whatever size you want. Most places, as long as the package isn’t open, will let you exchange sizes in the diapers as long as it’s within the same price point.

Just buy one pack of each size. I wouldn’t buy newborn. If your baby is big just start with size one.

None until you find which ones you like best and what sensitivity the baby might have.

1 Like

My son was 8 pounds when he was born. so I had a pack of about 50 newborn diapers once his cord fell off I used size 1.

I agree with the lady above. Ideally u wanna stock up and I did with pampers but my daughter was allergic to alot of nappies. Pampers,aldi, sainsburys and lidl nappies made her have blisters. :frowning: we have found asda perfect. But wasted alot of money. Also she grew so quick was out of newborn and size 1 before I blinked. So try not to stock up too much as just like birth so many things can change ur plan

I always have 8 pounds babies so newborns never fit long and I always ended up with extras so I quit purchasing them and would only use the pack from the hospital then straight to size 1s when we got home from the hospital. I just had my 4th baby and while they said my baby was close to 8 pounds she came out 6 pounds 12 ounces. The measurement they give you by ultrasound can be 20% off. Since my last experience I’d purchase some newborn diapers if I was you. you can always take them back for bigger sizes if needed :grin:

I try to stock up on all sizes!! Each child is different though. So either make sure they are returnable for a different size if needed. And I know It’s really hard right now with covid, no baby showers etc! So that makes it another harder to stock up but if you have a baby registry it may be worth joining a couple of gifting pages for help, I am in one right now to try and get a diaper fund at least started for my first son in October since I dont have a good support system within my family. Some groups arent very good but then others are. Just have to be careful with scams. There are usually still some good people somewhere who like doing nice things for others without expecting much bscl. Good luck with baby!! :slight_smile:

My baby never wore new born size. He was in size one for about two months. I used three longer than anything.

Don’t bother with newborns get a few size ones but size 2&3 is what I used the most my son is 10 weeks old and he grew fast out of 1s

1/2/ mostly i would say

Depends on the quantity I would do 4 boxes each except newborns I would just do 2 of those

Buy whichever ones you want, tape the receipt to the side! That way sensitivity or size issues can be exchanged no problem🤗

2 Likes

Size 1!!! Everyone always buys you newborn diapers. So when I did my registry, I literally put sizes newborn, 1 and 2. I didn’t buy diapers for 6 months!!!

Go to bjs club buy the big box of luvs they so far seem to be real good buy size 1 better than newborn unless baby is small

Its hard to say tbh, my first thought was 2s & 3s but my 4.5 month old is now in 4s :grimacing: he phased pretty quickly.

Don’t open any of the boxes if you decide to stock up. Most stores will let you trade them in! That way if the baby is allergic you can still get a different brand

Grab a couple packages, but I’d recommend buying gift cards. You never know what your baby may have a reaction to. Target was what we did and you can order online.

One big box of new born. Two boxes of ones and one box of twos just to start off with

Dont stuck up yet until you’ve tried on baby. Theres certain diapers that an infant could react to. Just my advice.

At my baby shower we made a huge gift basket and whoever brought diapers was put into the drawing to win the basket so I got a whole bunch of 1 2 3 and 4 diapers and I didn’t have to buy diapers for like eight months

Amazon has subscribe and save. They auto ship stuff 1st if every month. I got 2 cases of each size (:one: through :four:) and put them in the closet. Didn’t buy any for a year! You can always make the next size (up or down) stretch for a week if you need to

Have a pamper party! It will stock your closet up…if certain diapers iritate your baby you can switch them out at Target or Walmart normally (this virus has made things a little crazy)

I used 2 small packs of preemies my daughter was 6lbs 13oz i think we used one box of newborns she was in 1s for the longest and then size 3s she took forever to grown out of it was like every other size we got stuck in for a while

Buy them once baby is born some babies are allergic to certain diapers ,buy the small bags in newborn and 1 just to have some available

2 Likes

Some new born 1,2,3,4

1 Like

I would buy a small pack of newborn.The hospital I go to puts them in size ones.I would Stock up on sides 1&2.

Honestly it depends! I followed the chart that i found and it was completely wrong. Both my girls wore nb diapers for 3 months. My oldest never made it to a size 5 she was so tiny. It’s really hard to guess.

Don’t stock up on diapers, stock up on gift cards for diapers.

5 Likes

Our hospital suggested we skip newborn and go straight to 1 even though they were a little big. They said it helps prevent diaper blowouts. He didn’t have any blowouts really, but I’m not sure if that was a coincidence haha.

2 Likes

I only get one box newborn. Then ones

1 Like

I would get size one, the hospital usually supplies you with diapers to go home with and they grow out of newnorn so fasr you’re better off getting size one imo.

I was so stocked on Newborn, it was crazy, WE DID NOT EXPECT A PREEMIE. We had to buy a crazy amount of diapers all over again, lol. You’re never fully prepared, honestly. They’ll give you diapers in the hospital, see what size fits them best there and then get diapers. *Just a recommendation *

Brought 1s 2s and 3s

Size ones because the hospital gives out newborn size and you don’t know what size your baby is gonna be
My son was an 8 pounder but size one fits him better than newborn did when he was first born

I have mostly size one and a bit of newborn. But that’s just because once he gets some fat on his chubby thighs we are switching to cloth diapers.

1 box new born then 2-3 of the next 2 sizes

I wouldn’t. We bought a buttload of Huggies and Kirkland and HATED THEM so then we had to trudge back to the store and shop around with small packs until we found what worked for his booty.

2 Likes

Don’t stock up on new born buy 1 big box of newborn and then stock up on size 1&2 pampers !!

You might have alot of water gain and your baby could be small. Mine was. So I would get a pack of preemies just incase. And start with newborns. Most babies are in newborn diapers up to 8-10 pounds. Then start getting some size 1s in about a month or so. I hope this helps. I’ve had 3 girls and I have 2 grandsons and a granddaughter on the way. Plus I have been babysitting all my life and have great nieces and nephews I have taken care of. So I know alot about babies

My 8 month old has been in size 3 for 4 months if that helps any.

1 Like

I second the gift card comment above. For sizes but also because you don’t know what brand you’ll prefer/what will work for your baby!

Newborn to keep safe i was told my son was going to be in the 9pound range because i had gestational diabetes so i didnt stock up in newborn when my son was born he was 7lb 10oz he was tiny and all his size 1 diaper fit too loose he only had 2 boxes of newborn and all clothing size 3month and older

Baby will grow out of newborns quick. With my daughter we needed 3s and higher the most. But try to get gift cards in lieu of diapers.

Start on 2 and go up. My daughter went from newborn to 1 within a month. Then from 1 to 2 within 2 months

My youngest daughter was born June 2nd and is still im newborn diapers. She was 6 lbs 8 oz at birth. I would suggest getting at least one box of newborn diapers then stock up on 1’s & 2’s.

1s and 2s…can always go bigger and tighten them!!

I stocked up on newborns but had a premie. She’s 2 months and just now in newborn.

get 1 pack of new borns and order online as you go on auto ship for Amazon

I’d get a box or 2 of newborns, and get more 1s and 2s.
That’s what I’ve always done.
And after my first, I already knew what diapers I preferred. So, I just got those and never had a problem with them on any of my kids.
They have all been big babies though.