What to take for bacterial vaginosis?

Did anyone get prescribed flagyl at 13 weeks for Bacterial vaginosis after the they were given the gel and it didn’t work. Doctors says it’s fine to take because the gel didn’t work but online is giving me mixed feelings . Any home remedies or advice on the medication.

25 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. What to take for bacterial vaginosis? - Mamas Uncut

Antibiotics are usually required.

8 Likes

Ew just take the medicine for it

7 Likes

Antibiotic. I have a super sensitive PH level and every time we do fertility treatments I end up with it and have to take meds :neutral_face::sob:

1 Like

Take the meds. Your dr wouldn’t give them to you if there would be an issue for the baby.

AZO makes a vaginal pro biotic
They sell it at Walmart
Take two a day for two days then 1 a day for a week
Drink absolutely nothing but water and cut any sugar you can

2 Likes

Order BORIC ACID vaginal inserts on AMAZON

You can’t do any at home remedies take the flagyl. It will get worse if you don’t then you can experiences complications

4 Likes

Take it! My advice is swallow fast it resolves so fast in your mouth it takes forever to get that nasty taste out

1 Like

Take the meds most definitely!

There are a type of probiotic in the section with pads and such. There’s one by Queen V and I think Monostat makes one too. They’ll help get your good flora back in balance. You don’t need antibiotics for BV. Antibiotics throw off your balance as it is.

Rub coconut oil on your V

Take what the doctor prescribed, don’t google stuff there’s so much misinformation out there dealing with medications. Ask your doctor or pharmacist, not the internet.

3 Likes

Unfortunately I had this literally my entire pregnancy. Once I got past 20 weeks the doctor gave me a one time pill and that helped but later on it did come back. The cream didn’t work for me either and only the pill helped

Boric acid, or Flagyl. I took Flagyl while I was pregnant for BV as well. Only complication was that it increased the nausea, but I also suffered HG as well.

I’d trust my doctor over FB strangers :woman_shrugging:t3::woman_shrugging:t3::woman_shrugging:t3:

5 Likes

Take the doctors advice, not advice from internet strangers. It can literally kill your baby.

3 Likes

One thing that helps immensely is Honeypot all naturals vagina wash. It’s $8.88, I won’t ever use anything else. That keeps it at bay and reduced symptoms.

The Flagyl will be fine to take. The BV could become dangerous if untreated.

1 Like

There are no home remedies that take the place of antibiotics and letting BV go untreated puts you at risk for PID

1 Like

Talk to your doctor about it. The internet is no place to go for information like that.

Make sure u see a gyno not a family doctor for this

Don’t take boric acid suppositories if you are pregnant!!! I would talk to your doctor before any home remedies. Don’t risk yours or your babies health!

I just took Flagyl for the same thing with no issues. I did take a probiotic twice a day with it to combat the known GI Issues that come with antibiotics.

Do not use boric acid while pregnant

Wife’s a nurse and momma she says they give gel cause because easier on stomach but the pill is stronger fine for baby but if you have concerns she says d talk to your doc hope this helps

1 Like

Do not take boric acid, it is unsafe during pregnancy…

Your partner just keeps giving it back to you. Both of you have to be treated.

11 Likes

I took it with all three of my pregnancies multiple times. It didn’t cause any affects during pregnancy and all three of my kids were born healthy (my oldest is 14 then I have a 2 and 1 year old)

Take they flagyl. I’m not sure what you read online but it’s usually the first thing prescribed to treat BV

Talk to your OB please!

2 Likes

Also, Bacterial Vaginosis is extremely common in females of all ages. Don’t let anyone make you feel bad about it. Most individuals can have it for like 6 months & never know.

7 Likes

A doctor can give you a pill for it

try these, they helped wonders and put your ph balance back on track

2 Likes

Also is your partner trimmed and do you pull out often? we are so sensitive down there that if they’re not taking care of themselves properly we get the problems

4 Likes

Take what the doctor gave you… not what strangers on the internet who are not medical professionals advise you :woman_facepalming:t3:

15 Likes

I was prescribed flagyl when I had meningitis due to strong antibiotics. BE CAREFUL. IT ALMOST KILLED ME!!! I took every possible side effect there was and almost ended up in a coma!!!

1 Like

Tske what doc gives you

I’m sure if your doctor prescribed it to you knowing you’re pregnant it’s fine to take. I had BV and used a cream and pill together. Also it’s not sexually transmitted at all, my gynecologist confirmed because I thought my man was out cheating :joy::joy: she said it’s our PH out of balance. If you’re using scented soaps or sprays down there or shaving cream it’ll cause your PH to get out of balance also if your man uses scented soaps and all down there it’ll cause the same issue for you. I had to make my man use my soap bar for his junk to keep my PH balanced I use Dove Sensitive soap bar and since then haven’t had any issues! Also if you use toys make sure you wash them after EVERY use with hot and soapy water.

4 Likes

Flagyl tell.your partner to take it too, non brand is metronidazole

Take what your doctor gave you and eat a lot of yogurt try not to have sex for a week or two

Flagyl is very good for BV. It is gross though. Put the pills in applesauce or pudding. As long as you take it as it says, you’ll be fine.

I would be more inclined to follow my doctors orders than what I find on Google or the advice of strangers.

15 Likes

Take the meds and drink cranberry juice and eat probiotic yogurt. But take the meds!!

2 Likes

The meds and yogurt. The med taste awful so have a drink to take first, with and after. Eat before taking the med and DO NOT drink alcohol while taking it

When I had this year’s ago a doctor gave me a pill a soild white pretty big pill to put up my vagina once a day or so?

Listen to a doctor over randoms on the internet or Google.

It is a bacterial infection which requires antibiotics not herbs and vinegar or whatever it is people suggest. Trust your doctors, or if you don’t get a new doctor which will ultimately prescribe the same thing.

7 Likes

Home remedies are way more unsafe for your baby as there haven’t been actual studies. I’d take it.

7 Likes

Please don’t be a non compliant patient. Follow drs orders. God gave them this knowledge for a reason.

9 Likes

Take your doctor’s advice but check with them if probiotics would help and a photo balance soap like vagisil. Good luck.

2 Likes

BV can be successfully treated with boric acid suppositories. Drs prescribe it to patients who cannot take certain antibiotics or who are antibiotic resistant. You can get it in most pharmacies over the counter or Amazon.

1 Like

Plain natutural yogurt then eat it rub it on ect

Home remedies are worse. Make sure you were swabbed and tested and know that’s what’s actually wrong.

3 Likes

Female Rituals vaginally suppositories work really well. Can purchase on amazon

I took it in small amounts(over a span of 5 days) and I was fine. My son is a happy healthy 3 year old.

I had BV when I was 28 weeks pregnant. THE WORST THING EVER :sob::sob::sob: so I’m sorry you’re going through this! I was never prescribed the gel. I took a pill and it took the whole time taking it for it to FINALLY clear up.
What helped me was keeping it dry and air’d out as much as possible and taking the medicine the doc prescribed.
I’m almost 35 weeks and me and baby are healthy!

2 Likes

Take the darn flagyl

4 Likes

Doctors aren’t going to give you something that’s harmful to your baby trust your doctor or get a new one respectfully it’s important to be able to trust the person who’s caring for your baby :relaxed:

2 Likes

I get then often, I bath in Apple Cider Vinegar (2 cups in a warm bath 3 times a week) eat Yogurt, Raisin Bran & drink cranberry juice. You want anything that has bacteria in it & get all the toxins out of your body. Your dr should be able to prescribe you something as well to use I just do all those to help it go away faster.

Unpopular opinion here: dig deeper into research. Doctors are not always right. I’ve seen that to be true myself time and time again. If you feel uneasy about it, don’t take it.

Also I will try to do some research myself when I find the time today to try to help you find a more natural way to help your situation.

1 Like

Take the antibiotics. You are pregnant don’t be shoving random things up there that could cause more harm than good.

3 Likes

Please take what the doctor (hopefully it’s your OBGYN) prescribed, and follow the directions…make sure you finish the medication, and take as prescribed. If you don’t clear this infection up it can cause problems with your baby.

3 Likes

Soaking in the bath with plain Epsom salts helps relieve the symptoms and helps reduce symptoms. Sometimes it takes a bit to see results from the meds to.

Take the medicine listen to your dr.not web m.d.you want a healthy vagina for delivery.

That is a bacteria. You need medication :unamused:

5 Likes

Used to work at an OBs office. Take the flagyl!

3 Likes

I’ve heard of slathering yogart on your cookie, and even putting a tampon in yougart and then inserting for short periods of time

1 Like

There is a pill you take plus the gel you insert in the bag for 5 days.

Home remedies are worse. Do not eat a lot of sugar as sugar makes it worse. Take the medicine that was prescribed. Take warm showers and let it air dry. When your at home dont wear panties. Wear looser looser fitting clothing.

2 Likes

Take what your doctor prescribed

3 Likes

Please take the medication your dr prescribed

That was the only thing i could take. I was allergic to damn near everything

Had to many times during my first pregnancy because my ex was sleeping around. It’s safe to use the medication, better than leaving the infection growing. You and your babe will be just fine :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Metronidazole is safe in the 2nd trimester and beyond. Untreated BV can lead to miscarriage and/or preterm labor. If you don’t completely trust your OBGYN find another.

1 Like

Hopefully you aren’t drinking while your pregnant but fyi if u drink alcohol it will make u violently ill with that specific antibiotic. Just an FYI for anyone. Unless you’re into projectile vomiting lol

Did they do a culture? It would tell the specific type of bacteria you have. I’m definitely not pregnant, but I’ve got a kidney infection. No signs, even the urinate was clean, until they did a culture. It showed what antibiotics that would treat it.
Listen to your doctor. Being pregnant can upset the ph balance in your system. Flagyl is also used for yeast and/or climidia infections, which can be sexually passed back and forth between you and your partner (in this case he needs treatment too). You definitely need to know what your treating before you start self prescribing.

2 Likes

Always follow a Dr over the internet :woman_facepalming:t2:

2 Likes

Listen to your doctor.

1 Like

Why are you trusting the internet over your doctor? Take the meds, please.

2 Likes

Please take it. The medication is safe to take at your gestation. As a midwife I’ve seen some not nice things happen when BV isn’t treated properly. X

2 Likes

Ive taken it not pregnant (uterine infections) and its was TERRIBLE. It made me sicker than anything and i didnt take it on an empty stomach.

1 Like

When in doubt talk to your pharmacy/pharmacist. They know medications 100000x better than the drs!

1 Like

Your husband should also be treated, men catch these yeast infections and keep giving it back to us.

3 Likes

Just take the flagyl as prescribed.

Tractor supply sells fish-zole it is the same as metronidazole

Boric acid capsules, oh yeah ask another doctor too. :o

Take it. Don’t drink a drop of alcohol or you’ll be meeting your doc in the er.

They gave me pills to take when I had it, I also had it at 13 weeks and then the antibiotics gave me a yeast infection :upside_down_face:

Confirm with your pharmacist. An emergency room doctor once prescribed me medication for a severe ear infection while I was heavily pregnant, I confirmed with him 3 times that it was safe - asked the pharmacist when I brought the prescription and he was horrified and said no, not to take them. He called the doctor and took his info down and I ended up being given something else.

3 Likes

I was given Flagyl as well, ended up making me sick. So doc just kept an eye on it in my following apps. (I was pregnant) also FYI this bacteria can lead to frequent UTIs if you struggle with those as well.

Boric acid suppositories work amazing.

Do the cream or gel instead

I have taken flagyl multiple times thru pregnancy and have a healthy happy 5 year ild

I’d risk the meds because BV can also make you miscarriage. But make sure with a doc

1 Like

If you don’t trust your dr, change dr’s

1 Like

Medical advice from strangers on the internet is never a good idea.

3 Likes

Do not take Boric Acid suppository while pregnant. Do not listen to Facebook Doctors. Go by obstetrician advice.

1 Like

Don’t read internet. Dr says it fine so don’t worry yourself

Just take the medicine that your ob prescribed. Your baby will be fine… and please stop listening to people on the internet I have seen comments about how u and your man are just passing it back and forth which is false it is not an std. and I’ve seen comments about not cleaning properly smh and other comments telling u to use something that is not safe during your pregnancy….it is very common in pregnancy you may even get it multiple times during your pregnancy… trust your dr not these people and not google

7 Likes