What was your experience with having kids two years apart?

I have 3 kids… they are 22 months apart and 13 months apart… biggest thing was jealousy and fighting non stop… now they are 25, 23,22 and very close…they are like best friends… it was definitely hard but very worth it

I have six kids I have a couple two years apart I have one set one year apart and I have 13 years between the last two I personally preferred the one year apart and no more than that. When they get older they will get along more like best friends with less of an age gap

I am 1.5 years younger than my sister and growing up we hated each other but in adulthood we are great. My daughters are six years apart and they have a sweet relationship

I’m 29 and have a 9 year old son, and the girls are 2 years old, 1 year old and 7 weeks old. It’s not easy but I wouldn’t have it any other way. My son is super helpful with the girls. My 2 year old adores him. My 2 and 1 year old play pretty well together besides the normal I want that toy kinda stuff. My 1 year old is pretty independent though and enjoys playing by herself. Easiest thing has been clothes bc the girls have just recycled. We had to learn a new schedule with our new baby but so far things are going well. I’m sure once she is up and walking too things may get a lil more chaotic but I absolutely love it!!! Good luck.

I have 3 years between the two girls it was grand no bother with jealousy or anything I have 7 years between the second and third that was very hard on me it was like having my first all over again no jealousy really they were great with him I was wrecked

They entertain each other as they get older… they were best friends/sisters ever since my oldest is hitting the preteen age…

There is 2 years between my oldest and middle and 3 years between my middle and youngest. I love how close they are because they got to actually grow up together.

I have a 6 month old and a 19 month old it was difficult too begin with and hard work but then we were in lock down but it’s getting easier now it’s difficult too spend 1 to 1 time especially with younger one as the older one always wants attention, now they are beginning too communicate and play with each other which is lovely I am looking forward too them growing up together and hopefully having a close bond.

I have a 2 and a half yr old and a 3 month old. My son LOVES his little sister! Somehow I’ve managed making things pretty even between the two of them since she’s been born(if we get her something, we get him something). It has it’s ups and downs for sure!

4 kids here. All two years apart. It’s hell and holy water. They fight like crazy literally all the time but their bond is amazing and they are all best friends.

I never had any that close together - mine are 22, 16, 11, & 1. I can say I absolutely love the age gaps. I couldn’t imagine having them close in age. I sometimes babysit my grandson (5 months) and I have my 1 year old…I can’t imagine having to do that all day every day lol

I have three kids. My oldest (girl 6 years) and middle (boy 3 years) child are three years apart. My middle and my youngest (girl 15 months) are 17 months.
It is really hard for the first few years when they’re close together. They fight over everything now that they’re getting older they’re finally playing together but I still have to keep a close eye on them or there are fist fights.

I loved my kids age difference they are 25months apart almost to the day. My sister had her’s 3 years apart and her kids don’t have the same connection as my kids, and a year apart is just too much.

All 3 are less than 2yrs between each and they are 9,8, 6. It’s hard as babies but when they’re older it’s like every day is a play day. My sister has 3 and they are 24, 16, and 6 so they are close because of that. They’re in majorly different stages of life.

Mine are 2 years to the day apart and are each other’s shadow. They can go from best friends to enemies in seconds but my son is older and he is very protective of his little sister

Our 1st and 2nd are almost 2 yrs apart and I thought it wasn’t too bad. We were in our mid 20’s and had lots of energy. When our 3rd came 9 yrs later, it was totally different. I guess it’s because we were in our mid 30’s when baby was born. I actually love that we had our 3rd later. Our oldest two adore their youngest sibling.

My oldest 2 are 14 months apart. I was on birthday control when i got pregnant. I found out later that antibiotic i was taking for an ear infection made the birth control ineffective. My 2 got along great they were best friends. I had to wean the older off her bottle at one year so she wouldn’t be wanting the babies bottle all the time. I had cloth diaper for both so i did a lot of laundry.

First two years are a struggle, I admit, but after that they have each other for everything. I have enjoyed watching them having similar interests due to the fact they have same age. They play together, they learn from each other, they have each other for everything. It makes your job so much easier when they keep each other busy.
Plus you don’t have to start over from 0 for every child. You do for one child and the other just comes along. For example, right now one is preparing for 11+ (yr5) and the other would just follow rather than looking for eveything again.

My two oldest are 2.5 years apart and my youngest two are 16 months apart. The 2.5 was so much easier in my opinion.

My mom had all 4 of us girls 15 months apart before she was 21 and I’m sure it was really hard but all 5 of us are really close. Yes I said 5 cause mom basically grew up with us. We all are over 50 now.

I have 3 boys each almost exactly 2 years apart, aged 12,10, and 8. I also have 2 grown children who are just over 2 years apart. Honestly I feel they are so close because they grew up almost simultaneously. The younger one look up to the older ones so they are a little more advanced trying to keep up and the older ones definitely look after the younger ones. I have quite the pack and no one will mess with any of my kids or they will answer to the whole bunch!

Omg I feel like people I know that are 2 yrs apart fight like crazy and it so stressful in there house🤦‍♀️…Mine are 3yrs apart and very thankful the get along and play well

I have 3 boys. 10,3, and 1. My 3 year old loves his little brother to pieces but also likes to push him around and gets jealous sometimes. And it goes both ways :sweat_smile: Quite the handful most days! They are growing to be best buds though!

My daughter and my youngest son are 16 months apart. They have their arguments, but they’re each other’s best friend and have always been close.

Mine are 15 1/2 months apart. I would say sharing toys. Also my daughter the older one is on the spectrum so its a tad bit more difficult. One is walking while the other crawls. I dont find it too difficult.
Not too excited about potty training my daughter with my crawler.

My son is 11 and my daughter is 4. They are best friends and learn from each other. We also have another little girl on the way so curious to see how 4 years apart will be with my two girls.

Im doing that now mine are 21 months apart and its really hard ,it just doesnt seem fair to them because they both want me and i only can do one at a time

I had twins then 21 months later had my son. we didn’t want to be buying diapers for 5-10 years and since we started with 2 adding 1 more wasn’t that much more work. Now that they’re older they are close enough in age to be doing the same kinds of activities etc, so jealousy wasn’t an issue for us

Its nice in the beginning then the little one hits the big 2’s and then the fighting and yelling starts lmao its beautiful seeing them grow and bond together though :heart:

Get use to buying 2 of e everything… my sisters and I are 2.5-3 years apart. Im the youngest. The middle sister and I fought A LOT. My oldest sister and I got along great! Now that were older its opposite. My stepsons are 4 years apart. When they were younger they were best friends. Now the older one wants to do his own thing and doesnt like toys anymore. Hes only 8. :roll_eyes: so they dont really play together anymore unless its a board game and we play as a family.

My first two (both boys) are 21 months apart. It was tough in the early days with a toddler and a newborn, but as they got older it was the best choice we made.

I say have them close because the toddler and infant stage can be extremely challenging mentally it takes A LOT of patience

My first two were 2.5 years apart. It was hard. But I think it has to do with their personalities too though.
I’m on round too of 2 under two starting November. Hoping they get along better :pray:

Mine are 22 1/2 months apart girl then boy. They played great together still go everywhere together and they are 18 and 16 now. They also take up for each other

I am a labor and delivery nurse. Most people seem to be spacing them either 2 or 4 years apart. I wanted mine a little closer, but ended up with 4 1/2 years between them and opposite sex. Thought maybe they would fight less if they were closer in age, but other people laugh when I say that, so I don’t know. Having them little would be hard in the beginning, but I think as they get older it would be nice. They would hopefully play well together and be in similar activities at the same time.

I have 2 that are 22 months apart. They do get on but also fight. Youngest thinks he can do the same as eldest sometimes but their bond is amazing x

My girls are 11 months apart and I wouldn’t change it for the world…they are best friends…of course they fight but they always have someone to play with…

I had a 2 year old 1 year old and new born. It was hard at first, all 3 in diapers, it was expensive, all 3 in diapers. They are not 13, 12 and 11 and it is so much easier now. They are very close, their circle of friends are close. You aren’t sitting there waiting for years to hand down clothes. My first 2 kids were 15 months apart. My 15 month old did not understand why this new little creature was using his bottles and blankets. I had moved him from the crib to a toddler bed before my 2nd son was born, but now this creature took over his crib. It took some adjustment. We had to teach him to be soft with the baby. We had to teach him he was a big boy and that he could use cups and didn’t need the bottles anymore. We had to teach him that he could share his blankets. You will get through this. Lots of patience. Sleep when you can, and give your 2 year old lots of love.

I mean… I have triplets. Not sure if that counts, but It’s been very very difficult and it has robbed my 6 year old in some senses because it’s super difficult finding balance and giving each of them the attention they deserve. I can’t speak on kids 2 years apart really but from friends that have them have shared pretty similar feelings, but there’s also so many rewards with having them so close in age!

Mine are great together they’ll always be interested in the same things too in an age appropriate way

My kids are 8 and 10 and I had a great experience. It was rough when my daughter was born and my son had just turned 2 but once you get through that stage it’s great.

Both my girls are 19mnths apart (not by choice, my IUD moved) at times I feel bad I didnt get to spend more 1 on 1 time with my oldest but she took her sisters arrival very well. They do fight a lot but we have learned to just buy both of them the same thing just different colors. Luckily 1 likes pink & the other purple. The oldest is very protective of her sister, helps her a lot. When we are out and about they always stick together. They are both starting school this year together (different classes) so its gonna be exciting

My kids are 18 months apart- they are 15, 14 and 12. Unless you absolutely hate sleeping, this isn’t the easiest thing to pull off. My older two are boys and they’re besties. They also gang up on their sister. It’s loud and messy, but if its what you really want, go for it

My two youngest are two days shy of two years apart. When they were younger they got along well for the most part. My youngest potty trained early because his two older brothers. Our biggest issues did not start until late elementary. Having two boys, who like the same things and are that close in age posed a problem of individuality. They ended up having a similiar circle of friends, practice at the same time, school at the same time. I did set some boundaries and got creative with time management to ease this. I found making sure they have individual time is important. Things are better now that one is in college and the other is a senior in high school.

My kids are 13 months apart I wouldn’t have it any other way. 9 years later we are on baby number 3 kinda sad she won’t have the sibling experience my first 2 had.

I have 4 kids. They are all 4 years apart from the next. I dont know what i was thinking. I clearly wasn’t thinking with my brain. Nothing is worse then a newborn and terrible two-er

I always find that children under 2 don’t know to feel jealous. We have had lots of siblings born into my extended family and my own two, they were all 20-22 months apart and there was no issue. My 22 month old didn’t even revert back to diapers.

Mine two years apart,always been best friends. Even now at 35 and 37. Boy and a girl. Very close.

My kids are 2 years and 1 month apart I love it they play so well together now ! Mine are 4 and 6

You ll be busy but they ll be best friends. 2 boys together like that are wild just saying…like having twins…mine are 16 months apart. Its still wild as they’ve grown up some…2 in diapers, high chairs, potty training…but also double the hugs, love and fun!

My kids were born 21 months apart. It was a difficult adjustment. But you will figure it out.

Mine have 2 years and 2 months between them and I love the gap… they always had a friend (obviously they had some arguments as kids do) but generally they always had someone to play with xx

I’m 62 years old now. I have four grown children all less than two years apart except for my last two who were two years and two weeks apart. Looking back I feel I couldn’t really enjoy their developing years as much as I could have if I hadn’t had my children so close together.

My kids are 36 35 34 and 32 having two in diapers and two on a bottle was a little rough at times but the biond that they shared growing up was worth it. To handle jealousy as soon as i found out i was pregnant i would get them a baby doll and tell them love the baby and if they threw it down or hit it i would say awww you hurt the baby love it. Didnt have that big of an issue of jealousy

My youngest siblings and my cousins are 14 months apart, and most days, they are best buds.

My two were 20 months apart, boy and a girl, they were so close! They use to walk holding hands everywhere we went.
Now they can’t stand each other. :rofl: theyre 13 and soon to be 11

I have 3 kids, all 2 years apart. My oldest will be 7 next weekend, my middle will be 5 in september and the baby will be 3 in january.and they are all girls.they whine and argue alot.lol, and the baby wants everything they have.so i buy 2 of everything it makes life easier.

Lol my kids are 7 years apart and the fight like cats and dogs some days and best friends on other like most siblings no matter the age gap. Make sure you and your sanity can handle 2 under 2 and 2 in diapers, etc etc.

My first 2 children are 11 months apart.

My second 2 kids are 16 months apart. I love it!

I love having all of mine close in age
My oldest was 5.5 when my 4th was born

I have 2 that are 2 years apart and a baby that’s 5 years apart from our middle child. The eldest and middle fight a lot but they also play well and share each other’s clothing which is nice.

Mine are almost exactly 2yrs apart they are 3&5 once the little one catches up to the bigger one it’s like having twins lol they about the same size and square up to each other 24/7 and fight nonstop but love each other more than anyone else LOL mine are a boy and girl

My 2 boys are 3 yrs apart and it was nice. The eldest had some quality time with mom and dad as an only child and was more independent by the time his brother arrived. Having 2 in diapers/potty training would be bad.

I had mine 14 months apart I thought it turned out awesome same friends went into doing the same things about the same time

My 2 youngest are 18 months apart and it is so hard lol but love it!

Mine are 2 years 8 months appart to the day. They’ve always been close and I thought it was odd because of the age gap. I thought it was too much.

My 1st two are 2 yrs apart & get along great…my 3rd is 4 yrs younger than the 2nd & the 4th is 3.5 yrs younger…in my experience it’s better to have them closer together cause then they have more in common…there’s things my younger 2 can’t do with the older 2 cause of the bigger age gap :pensive:

I had twins in 2005, singleton in 2007. So much work :joy:. They grew up so close to eachother though. Highly recommend! :blush:

I have 4 kids ages 3-6 yes there is sibling rivalry but there is also sibling love where none else but the other can mess with bother or sister etc if you don’t fall in that category you don’t get to mess with them so there is love long bonding bit there is rivalry too it works for our family
But i also come from a large family child 6 of 13 stairstep age no less than 2 years
My husband 7- of 17 and no less than 2 years

My boys are one year apart and every one ask if they are twins I love that they are so close so they can grow up together

I have 2 that are 16 months apart. It can be very hard at times. They are constantly getting into things, breaking things, making huge messes (boys, am I right :rofl:) BUT they play and will be super close as they get a bit older. I have to say, I am happy to have them close together. They will have each other to go to as they grow and since they are close I wont have to repeat the destructive phases as toddlers not knowing better years apart. Im only gonna have to deal with this for a short period of time.

My first & second child were almost 2 years like 17 days from exactly 2 years I think that was perfect only 20 months between the second & third child was not enough tho there was 16 years between the third & fourth child which was too much time & 3 years between the fourth & fifth child was great

My oldest are 15 months apart. Was hard at first. I felt like I had twins as the oldest didn’t walk when baby came. Today they are 11 and 10 and share the same friends. My boys are 2 years apart and get along well too. They are 8 and 6, share the same likes and friends. I love that they are close in age. I now have a baby that has no play mate and I kind of feel sorry for her.

My girls are 18 mos 9 days apart fight like crazy and are like night and day , but at 15 and 17 they are really each other’s best friends and through this whole Covid period they have gotten closer.

I’ll have 3 under 3 in october. It is hectic, stressful and so much joy watching them grow close together.

I have 3 girls. Ages 13yo, 9yo & 7yo (8 in Oct.). My youngest are 14 months apart. The only drawback of having them back to back is that my body was very depleted. I was so tired and ran down. I also had to have a hysterectomy after my 3rd, about 3 to 4 months after she was born. Other than that, it was the closest to having twins without having twins.

1 and 2 were 16 months apart, 5 and 6 were 18 months apart and 6 and 7 were 14 months apart. As kids they did the regular fighting siblings do but as adults they are as tight as anything.

My first and second are three years apart not too bad you just got to remind the older one that they are three years older than the other sibling.

My 1st and 2nd are 6 years apart. My 2nd and 3rd are 18 months apart. They are 7 years old, 1 year old, 5 months old. The age gap with the first 2 was nice because I didn’t have to wonder what he was doing when I would sit down and feed the middle one. But having a 1 year old and a 5 month old is a lot. Try to sit down to feed baby and the toddler has scaled the china hutch or found something she can use to get over the gate. Plus side the older one helps without realizing it because he will play with my toddler. Im sure it will be nice when the youngest is a little older because they will have each other to play with. But right now its madness and I’m tired haha

I have 4. My older 2 are 18 months apart and my younger 2 are 16 months apart. I’m glad I had them all fairly close together. Even the middle 2 pretty close, they are 2 years and 9 months apart.

They are 17, 15, almost 13, and 11 now.

They fight now and again but they are also very close and have each other’s backs no matter what.

Maybe I just got lucky, but my girls are 11 months apart and when they were smaller I didn’t have issues between them. As they got into elementary school they started bickering more, but by middle school they became the best of friends and still are now that they are in high school.

The most difficult part when they were smaller was having them in diapers at the same time.

My first 2 were 19 months apart and it was hell as my 2nd did nothing but cry and want to be held by me and no one else once he hit 2 it got better and they played together and were really close I then had 4 yr gap 7 yr gap 6 yr gap 5 yr gap I’ve found waiting until the older is at school has helped cos I could do school run and then rest x

I have 2 boys, 15 & 8. It is nice being able to focus all my attention on each of their accomplishments as individuals rather than trying to pick an choose with them being on the same level. The down side… at this point, it’s like raising singles bc they are so different. My little wants to have his brother there and my oldest is in “I wanna grow up” mode. I wish they could be as close as my siblings and I were.

My grandsons are now 1 and a half and 3 sometimes they make their mama crazy sometimes they gang up on her lol but my son and daughter who are grown now had a different dynamic he tried to sell her at a garage sale lol

My boys are 22 months apart and there are definitely some pros and cons. It’s good that they are so close together because they are the same size and can share clothes and toys and they are best friends… to an extent. The cons are that because they are so close, my youngest is having a very difficult time learning to be independent from his brother, especially now when my oldest is into girls and other things that the youngest isn’t ready for yet and the oldest will be going to middle school soon and the youngest will be in elementary school for two more years. I’m nervous about how he’ll respond when that reality hits him.

My boys are 20 months apart and I love it! They are 11&12 now and they do fight but have always had each other and are best buds!

My kids were born in feb 2010 and feb 2012 and the early years were so rough but now i wouldn’t change a thing!

I feel like my toddler at the time didn’t get enough focused attention while I was postpartum with an infant. Retrospect can be rough. Otherwise, I wouldn’t change it for the world.

They always had some one to play with. It was was a little bit of a challenge for me lol. I had 3 kids 3 years old and under.

Its non stop fun…i 2 boy 18 months apart. And when I teach older brother something the younger watches and catches on. Its awesome.

I have 3 boys that are 2 years apart each. And I’m pregnant with #4 and our last. They tend to fight and argue a lot, but they also like to be alone and do their own things from time to time. They are 7 years, 5 years, and 3 years old.

My older boys are 2 years apart and it’s perfect! We had another boy later on that’s 6 and 4 years younger but if it would have worked out I would have had him only 2 years after, it’s a good gap i think

Doesn’t matter .congrats and enjoy. Time flys. I had 6. Between 12 and new born.
I cant belive how time went . Is go back I. A heart beat

All 3 of mine are 2 years apart. It was great when they were little, now…ehhhh. At 12, 14 and 16- they are hot and cold with each other.

I have 5 kids, basically all 19-22 months apart. That age in between worked great. Very tough from one to two kids but after that all good!

I preferred having mine back to back. For me it is just easier because once I finished potty training my oldest one at 2 yrs I gave birth to my little one

Mine are ages 26yrs, 20yrs and 10yrs old, they ALL respect and love one another, don’t judge age like a cover to a book.

My last 3 are under two years apart matter of fact my last two were born on the same day one year apart it was hard having three in pampers at the same time but I wouldn’t change nothing about they are 16 15 and 14 now it was a joy watching them grow up together

There’s good things having a close and there’s good things happen and further apart monster usually a little bit closer further apart you get to spend each time with the baby more and I understand better

My youngest you are only 14 months apart and it’s hell on me because my older Of the to is physically disabled to appoint and has a speech delay as well as visual impairment am I youngest is a little bit of a sno’t she pushes him part Tim closest hair takes his food takes his toys, But based on what everybody that I know that had children this close together before me side eventually though be best friends