What was your experience with having kids two years apart?

My first two are almost 15 months apart. It was a little tough the 1st few months, but after the routine got started it was a breeze.

Mine are 17 months apart, they got on very well when they were young

My kids are 20 months apart. People call them Italian twins, they’re pretty much same height and similar weights: a boy and a girl

I have a 13 year old boy and 8 year old daughter. Not sure if its because its a boy and girl or age difference or just sibling thing but they fight like cats and dogs all the time.

I have 2
15 months apart was easier when the second was a baby but when they start walking they start fighting :joy::joy:

Mine are 17 months apart. It was hard having them so close for a year or two but after a year or two ot gets super fun.

It was pretty hard sometimes when they were little. Easier now (3 & 5) but they fight a lot.

My kids are 4 years apart and my oldest will be 9 in September and she still to this day is jealous of her little sister who will be 5 in November

My boys are 21 months apart. Lots of competition and jealousy but also lots of love between them as well.

My youngest 2 are 12 months and 11 days apart! 8/10/14 and 8/21/15 it works for us. It all depends on you mama

My siblings and I are close in age. The first two are 1.5 years apart and the next two are 2 years apart. I know it wasn’t easy on my mom, but I love that we are so close! I have family members who are 4-5 years apart from their siblings and they’re not close, or at least not as close as us.

Mine are super close and are learning together and from each other. My son is turning 3 and my daughter is 1year and 5months behind

For a week every year my two youngest boys are the same age. They look completely different in every way.

Two years apart for the last 6+ years here :sweat_smile: 2/4/6 and one on the way :hugs: my biggest trouble right now is honestly just so much activity going on at one time. My youngest is actually the most rambunctious and he’s just up-and-down and all around everything but that’s a typical two-year-old stage other than that I really don’t have any complaints they all are really close to each other they played together typically but I’ve never had any big issues with their age difference. Very easy to shop for very easy to cook for and very easy to keep entertained at these young ages! Now what I’m really scared for is having 4 teenagers two years apart in the near future :weary::rofl:

I had 3 kids in less than 4 years. (The youngest two were only 10.5 months apart. Oops!) They were always close when they were younger. I think there’s more jealousy when there are big gaps in age.

My fiance had 2 a year apart and its difficult because they both want all your attention at the same time but nice because they are close in age and play together

All my kids are 2 years apart. Its hard as heck. It gets crazy. But its rewarding they go through alot of the same stages at the same time. It gets easier as they get older

I had 3 boys in 2 1/2 years. They are 11, 10, and 8 now. Its hard work specially in the early years but so worth it. They are really close to one another. They still argue and fight like any other sibling but their bond is unbreakable.

I have a 4& 2 yr old, they always fight for my attention and affection,even though they both have me 24/7!!! But big sister is learning how to be jus that a big sister,on terms of sharing and teaching, and refraining from being mad or hitting or yelling, and Lil’s sister is totally learning off of everyone…it’s a full on rollercoaster for us… but I love every minute of it…kids r kids…lots of monkey see monkey do,no matter good or bad,so be ready

If your only going to have two then I suggest waiting till they’re 6 that way they dont get jealous they understand how much attention the baby needs and can be a great help

Well it’s all over the place but I think in those younger years they are friends and have someone to play with. Like now during the pandemic when the friends can’t come as much they have eachother.

Mine are very far apart don’t do what i did. My oldest is 33 and youngest 9. I have 5 all spread out

Mine are 15 months apart and I do not regret having them so close in age. Now they are 21 and 20 years of age, but they kept me very active.

I suggest if you’re going to have another baby before the first one is 2 make sure you’re on potty training for the 1st one before the 2nd is born because 2 babies in diapers at once is a pain and it’s expensive.

My girls were 15 days short of 2 years apart. When they were little it was tough, but once they started school, I LOVED it! The youngest was always growing into clothes during the correct season and we only had 6 years of HS to deal with. My boys are 4+ yrs apart & it is totally different! 8 consecutive yrs of HS is going to kill me! Lol

Mine were 14 months apart and it’s pretty crazy lol they’re 18 months and 4 months now. But I like it because I don’t have to start all over with the baby stage and stuff

My boys are 3 1/2 years apart we were shooting for less time in between didn’t work that way, but i love their age gap.

My 1st too are 5 yrs apart, my 2nd 2 are 18 months! Closer in age is best…the always have a friend

It’s not for the faint of heart, I strongly do not recommend lol it’s so much physical labor, constant bickering, jealousy if I had a do over I’d space them 5 years.

I had 4 in 4 yrs & they were all got along very well. They are in their 30’s now & still very close.

So much more work than our first 2 which was a 6 years age gap but I love how close they are so it’s worth it :heart:

My last two were 22 months apart …they got along better than my oldest and youngest that were 7 years apart

It was hard when they little but as they got older it was nice.

I got Irish triplets and they’re still little jealously of course but they are close they have this instinctual bond

I have 3 kids , the first 2 are 8.5 yrs apart and the 3rd is almost 2 yrs younger. I would say it is definitely different having them so close together, I like that they will play together and will get to the fun stage around the same time but I feel like my 2yo is still very much a baby and needs more attention then what I’m able to give her with her 2m old brother around. Not enough to make me regret having another so close but it’s def something I feel bad about

I have 3 that are 2, 1, and newborn. There’s a lot of jealousy, but they’re also super close and do everything together.

I have 3 … 15 months in between each of them … 2 girls and a boy … they are all close and enjoy each others company

My boys are 2 years and 2 days apart and then our middle and youngest are 22.5 months apart. Perfect age gap.

All my kids are 21 months apart except last 2 are 12 oops. But I made the most of it

I have 9, 11 & 13 year old boys! It gets crazy in this house and I can already imagine how crazier it’s going to get when they’re teenagers all at one point . :woman_facepalming:t2: Everything is a competition with them when I ask one to do something but they protect and love each other so much which makes me the happiest mom :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

My oldest 2 are 12 months and 12 days apart. It wasnt bad once we got on a schedule

I have 4 kids my two oldest are 13 and 11 both girls my youngest are 6 and 8 girl and boy they are the best of friends they do everything together. My girls do butt heads at times but anyone will go thru that as girls get older

I have an almost 7 yr old and my son is turning one the end of this month and then baby number 3 is due in October

My first 2 are 13 months apart and my 3 one was 13 months later.my 4 th one is 5 years later. I wish they were that small again, but they live close to me.

My boys after 17 months apart. I was a single mom and survived. They are now almost 12 and 13

Whatever the time between, it will work out, not without good days and bad days. You can do it

My youngest are eleven months apart… managed just fine. Tough but manageable and the difficultly only lasts about year.

My mum had 4 kids with less than 2 years between each. Our ages now are 32, 31, 29, 28. As the eldest, I can honestly say that life was a struggle for everyone involved. The fights were epic! Haha. I now have little to no contact with any of my siblings, but they seem to still be quite close. It can go either way.

I have a son an daughter 13 months apart. There have there days were there agure an fight with each other. But there also get along. An have each other’s backs. There were really close when there were younger.

I’m going to have a 3 year age gap when this baby is born. Having a 2 year old and being pregnant is not fun js

Mine are 11 months apart. It was tough. They are both currently 7 years old right now, oldest will be turning 8 next month. I am expecting baby #3 at the end of November. My advice to you. Wait 3 years. Let your baby be babied. My oldest got cut off to early. I’m having 1 more and I’m done.

Theres 1 year 4 months between my oldest they so close but they also fight like cat n dog it’s what siblings do I suppose

Mine are 2 1/2 years apart. It was fine. I dragged my feet potty training the older one, but when I did, she just did it and it was a breeze

Mine are 11 months apart and although very unplanned, I wouldn’t change it for anything.

My 3rd was 5mos old when I got pregnant with #4. Now they’re 15 mos apart and best friends!

I’ve recently been asking the same question and alot of the answers I’m getting is they think its easier close in age cos they require mostly the same things instead of say having a baby in nappies n one not

I have 3 boys age gap between oldest and youngest is 3.5years
It’s definitely hands on but I love it

I have girls 19, 18, and 16. And boys 13 and 12. They argue like cats and dogs but for the most part have each other thru the thick

My 2 are 2 apart and adore each other!

My daughters are 9 yrs apart and they get along just fine they are really close to each other my son and my youngest daughter are 3 yrs apart and even with the age gaps they all get along just fine

My boys are 14 months apart and they have their spats, and 1 brawl that I witnessed but al in all they are best friends, they are 18 and 16 now. My 18 yr old just left for bootcamp yesterday and we don’t know when he will be able to come home because of Covid and my 16 yr old is super sad :cry:

I had 3 in 30 months. They’re currently 6,5 and almost 4. (Boy boy girl) it was rough at first. But amazing now :slightly_smiling_face:

Mine are 17 months to the day…they are either best friends or mortal enemies daily! Mostly besties though despite slamming doors and you like him/her better. Lol mine are 12.5 and 14…

My youngest 2 are 22 months apart they are 5 and 7 now and they fight none stop from the time they get up until the time they go to bed. It’s crazy. But when one of them is gone the other doesn’t know what to do with themself

My boys are 19 months apart & thick as thieves. Wouldn’t want it any other way!:blue_heart::blue_heart:

I have 6 kids, 20-31 now. All but 2 middle ones are 17-19 months apart. I wouldnt have it any other way!!!

My last two were 17 months apart and I had a 4 year old. Busy but fun! They grew up together :heart:

I had my daughters 2 years and 2 days apart. It was hard but wouldn’t change it for the world.

My kids love each other 21 months apart at 9 & 11

My two oldest are 15 months apart and i didn’t have any issues. My oldest always wanted to help me.

My kids are 22 months and a 1 day apart… Sometimes it is hell and others it is like kissing the wings of an angle its so easy

I have 3 kids 9 6.5 and 8m… I much prefer the age gap between my older 2… I would have liked them closer but we got a 2.5 year gap…

My girls turned out pretty good. 20 mos apart most of the time pretty close but fight like most sisters do

I didn’t have jealousy issues with mine but just being super busy and exhausted because they are so young together at first and they both are needy during that time.

My girls are a year apart 9, 8 , and 7. It was hard when they were younger but it’s a little easier now that they are getting older. Sometimes they can get along great and then theres times I feel like a referee lol. But I think in the long run they will always have each others backs.

Didn’t do the 2yr gap. The gaps between my children were 3yr, 5yr,.18mths and 6min respectively . They fight, but they all stand up for the other. Could not ask for more

I have 3 and they are all 33 months apart. And I wouldn’t change it for anything. They are close.

I have 4 kids all 2 years apart I think it’s a perfect age gap

Mine are 6 and almost 4 and now there’s a lot of sibling rivalry going on and fighting over toys. I wouldn’t change it though. As much as they fight, argue and bicker with one another, they have each others back and will protect each other at all costs.

My daughter and son are 13 YEARS apart. No one in between!! It was like starting all over!! It didnt bother me though!

Mine are 1yr 9 days apart. They fight and get along like all normal kids.

I have 4 kiddos. They are 4,5,6 and 8. I didn’t have jealousy issues and my kiddos are Super close to one another. They always have someone to play with and I wouldn’t change it for anything.

My girls are 11 years apart and they fight like they’re the same age.

11 years between my 2 , eldest almost 13 youngest almost 2 , stroppy teenager moods as well as terrible twos oh its fun :joy::joy::joy: , i don’t regret that age gap at all

double diapers and double daycare. cheaper to wait till at least 3 or 4. and also have more one one with your first.

I had 13 months between mine. As a mid wife said it is as easy up with 2 as 1.
Got them reared together now 19 and 20.

Three children in two years never regretted a moment

My twins and girl are 1 year apart and are nightmares :sweat_smile:dont get easier x

They are very close but right now they are 11 and 9. They bicker back and forth like an old married couple though lol.

Mine are just over two apart but it’s been really good actually. I like their age gap and it’s not as bad as I thought it would be

My daughter turned 2 then 2 months later I had my son. It was hard some days, but it wasn’t crazy either. Having 2 kids in diapers is what sucked lol

They were besties when little as they got older things were a bit competitive . Now they are 15 and 17 and get along a little better

I had 3 under 3. It’s busy, hard and fun. Twins and a single. Now they are 41, 41, 38

Im the baby of 4… my brother’s were born almost 10 months exactly apart

Ours are 2yrs 2 months apart, girl then boy and they were easy until secondary school and they fought now it’s improved there finished school :blush:

It’s a lot. Mine are 15 months apart and literally run in opposite directions

I have kids that are a year apart and then kids that are 3 years apart. The smaller gap was easier.

Difficult in start but alhamdolillah they go well with eachother now as they are growing up. Ma’sha’Allah Tabarak Allah i have 3 kids right now all 2 years apart exactly

2 yrs apart from my 16 yr old and 14 yr old. And 18 months between my 2nd kid and my twins

I have a 10 yr, 4 yr, and 18m and honestly the younger to get along better.