What would you do if your ex husbands new wife showered with your kids?

That is definitely crossing the line, and its disgusting and disturbing.

2 Likes

That’s completely inappropriate omg

1 Like

jeez i thought it was akward for my my kids bio dad and that whole side of the fam kisses my kid on the lips n it makes me kinda uncomfortable… but showers together thats just ridiculous and innappropriate wow

2 Likes

Wtf. Absolutely no.
Sitting here with my bf. He has three from a previous. And I have three from a previous. We both are sitting here saying what!! No. Wtf. No.

2 Likes

Absolutely fucking not. They did not come out of her. Totally innapropriate. Even still, they are too old.

1 Like

I think that’s way too old to be showering with anyone and she definitely shouldn’t be walking around naked around the kids.

Ummm no mam!!! Not appropriate and I would be say something…

I dont think it’s appropriate to shower with them. However, they have the same anatomy so walking around in the bathroom, her room, things like that or if they are in the room talking to her while she gets dressed… I dont really find that inappropriate. What do the kids say about it, has she given them any reason to feel uncomfortable? Intentions are everything and while I feel some of her actions are inappropriate she may have not meant any harm and you should have talked to her.

7 Likes

They’re way to old for that. I could understand if they was under 3yrs old.

I am a step mom since my SS was 9 months old! Never seen me naked or showered with him! So wrong and inappropriate!!

4 Likes

Ya… I would definitely have a big issue with that.

1 Like

That’s so gross especially at that age …

2 Likes

I know some people are “progressive liberals” and want to normalize a women’s body and will not hide their nakedness, which I can appreciate to a point. However a stepparent showering with children at those ages is not ok whatsoever and needs to be addressed immediately.

6 Likes

Absolutely not!!! My own kids barley see me without clothes on unless they won’t leave me alone long enough or I have nobody to watch them while I get dressed.

Well for one, those kids are too old to be showering with anybody. 2… just… what the fuck

14 Likes

That’s weird I mean yea I shower with my kids. So does my husband but they are two and three. I would flip if anyone else did.

2 Likes

Kinda too old to be showering with them. My 5 year old showers by himself (with me supervising). I probably wouldn’t mind if the kids were younger because it’s just nudity :woman_shrugging:t2:. I definitely think it’s weird for them to be doing that when the kids are 7 and 10…

2 Likes

I mean, I guess I was kind of raised with a more bohemian lifestyle :woman_shrugging:t2: My mom was a professional ballerina and I was very often with her in dressing rooms with up to 50 women changing clothes at a time. My grandmother bathed me with her when I was small.

I don’t think that there is anything gross or inherently wrong with nudity.

I think it would be an extremely different situation if there was molestation or if she performed sex acts upon herself in view of your children. THAT is abuse.

18 Likes

AbsoFUCKINlutely NOT. wtf.

2 Likes

I would beat her ass

3 Likes

I’m a step mum & I would have never considered showering with my step daughter, I don’t go in bathroom unless there’s a problem when she’s showering now as she’s 12. I would definitely bring this up with your ex. It’s probably quite innocent but if your not comfortable or happy with it it’s a definite no anyway.

3 Likes

They are too old for that and it isn’t her decision to make for them, they aren’t hers. I would be livid.

3 Likes

I’d have a huge issue with that. Inappropriate.

Um no ! Im a stepmom and there is no way I would do that!

1 Like

That’s a hell no from me. She should be completely clothed in front of your kids at all times.

1 Like

See I dont have any issue. Public bath houses are a thing in some countries. A body isnt a shameful thing.

4 Likes

I can understand you taking showers with your kids until 5 maybe 6, but anyone else fuck no. I don’t blame you. Completely disgusting and inappropriate especially at those ages. Good for you.

1 Like

I would be talking directly with the wife and my ex, person to person, face to face.

2 Likes

Definitely weird and inappropriate I always saw my mom naked if she was changing or showering so did my sister but it was normal for us because she raised us my step mom came into my life at age 10 and it would’ve definitely been weird if she wanted us to shower together

Eh I’m missing something, . Id say somethings off with this step mother. Beat her ass!, just say in.

Beat her Ada and children not go there again

1 Like

To me that’s extremely inappropriate.

2 Likes

She would have 2 broken arms and legs 🤷 that’s hella odd

4 Likes

Hell no! I would have beat her ass the second i found out…thats not right at all for a step parent at any age but they are WAY to old to be showering with anybody.

2 Likes

I have my own children and step children and that’s a no way for me. Have the children expressed that they are uncomfortable with it. But either way definitely too old to be showering with her and I’m glad she’s comfortable within her own skin to walk around naked but they aren’t her children and she needs to help these girls understand privacy and respect. Not flaunt it in front of them

1 Like

I personally think it’s odd and I would never so it, and I would be uncomfortable with it. Would I call DFPS? No…unless I was worried about molesting/rape/etc…I’d atexpress my concerns with the step mom and let her know I didnt like it. It sounds like shes more of a free spirit.

I think it’s a personal choice whether we shower or bathe or allow our own children to see us naked, but despite the fact that we want and hope for stepparents who love and treat our children as their own I think the line gets drawn there. It shouldn’t be an option for a stepparent to be naked around their stepchildren. We have an open lifestyle. I rarely wear pants at home, my husband often goes without a shirt, we leave the bathroom door open unless our 3 year old closes it on her own to use the bathroom and we respect that, we also shower with our kids, they’re 1 and 3. I wouldn’t be ok with anyone else doing the same with them. If we divorced and he and or I remarried we wouldn’t have the same free lifestyle and I wouldn’t like either stepparent to shower WITH them either. Just my personal opinion, it doesn’t feel appropriate to me.

Eww. Wtf! She sounds like a pedophile!

1 Like

For a 7 and 10 year old…GIRLS or not…that is NOT okay! Especially being a non biological step parent! HELL NO! She should be charged for that! Showering together is just to much…they are not babies.

I have 3 daughters 7, 10, and 5 yrs. Yes they see me change real quick sometimes but i am their biological mother!!! We do NOT shower together because they are to old for that and it would be extremely inappropriate and uncomfortable for ME even as their mom…So I dont see why the step mom would even want to…its a bad sign and major red flag! I wouldn’t let them back there after that!

1 Like

Not at those ages. Once the child is old enough to bath themselves it’s inappropriate

1 Like

Hell no :bangbang: that shit is not okay! She should not be showering with your kids. Ever.

1 Like

I have the opposite issue. My husband ex girlfriend showers with their son. So gross!! He’s four. Still gross.

1 Like

I would get get cps involved that’s not ok

Oh hell no. Let me be petty and say, go beat her ass. F that.!:facepunch:t3::v:t3: Not only is it wrong, it’s disrespectful.

2 Likes

I would lose my shit on that bitch!! Unexceptable

1 Like

I have 3 kids… 2 boys and a daugher. Ive had a step daughter in past eho was 7 till she was 10… My daughter would jump when little little. I never ever would have imagined with step daughter. Ever. Thats crossing line. I dont walk naked around my house. I always wear a bra taround house till in my own bed and in pjs modest. I’d be pissed

Personally I wouldn’t care if she walked around naked. The human body is the human body.

But I wouldn’t be comfortable with her showering with my kids.

My kids bathe with me and their dad. Their choice.

I’m not comfortable with them bathing with someone other than us, unless like it was a group shower I guess.

As long as no ones touching anyone inappropriately idc.

10 seems a bit old but to each their own

17 Likes

Well I don’t think you need to call the feds! It’s just nakedness. As a step mom I have always been really aware of that kind of thing…but my step daughter has walked in on me changing and I do t make a big deal of it. Anyway, just because your husband doesn’t have a problem with it doesn’t mean you have to accept it. They are your kids and she is not their mom. So just go over there, tell them both point blank that you don’t want them showering with her or doing anything else like that. You’re not asking, you’re telling. End of story.

6 Likes

Oh no no no no. What the hell is wrong with her?

1 Like

That’s a hard no from me.

I’d let her know that was extremely inappropriate and 100% unacceptable, and let her know it is never to happen again. If it got back to me she did then I’d call CPS. There’s not one reason or excuse she could give that would make this understandable.

Call protective services immediately.

Okay so personally my house is crazily pro nudity. Always has been. And always will be unless someone in my home(kids husband me etc) express discomfort about it. So nudity has never bothered me.

But if you as their mother arent pro nudity, your ex husband is aware of this and should be respectful of your boundaries. Trampling over your boundaries is disrespectful

That said I wouldnt childline them unless i was worried about sexual abuse, bc the human body isnt inherently sexual. I would however speak to all adults involved.

5 Likes

Idk I walk around naked in my house, SO does too. If we split and he had our daughter I wouldnt expect him to suddenly clothe himself in front of her. It’s a little weird but I think it depends on whether they asked to or not. I think in the end for me it would depend on how long they had been together and how she treated my kids otherwise. A naked body is a naked body and not something to be ashamed of. It’s her house too

10 Likes

I think that they are WAY too old for her to be showering with either one of them. However her walking around naked (I.e. changing, etc. - not just randomly walking around naked) is totally fine. They are both girls and she is a woman they have the same body parts…it is exactly like changing in a public change room. They should be comfortable with their anatomy and not made to feel like it’s weird or inappropriate

3 Likes

Hell to the no! Why does she need to shower with the kids for? They aren’t her children for her to do that with like some moms do from the start with their babies. I would beat the girls ass and they wouldn’t be going back until CPS did a full investigation cause that’s weird as hell.

Yes I would be mad but how did you find out for sure she was walking around naked and taking showers with them? I would definitely talk to your ex husband first before reporting him and her sometimes kids will say stuff not that I’m saying they are lieing but they will say stuff because the probably don’t like her you need to get to the bottom of it first but you need to get your proof and talk to him asking him why does she do that before you stir the pot because this could get really ugly for you and your daughters and your ex husband

1 Like

Shower with them at their ages is odd, and I would not like it at all. Walking around naked in front of them isn’t a big deal as they’re girls.

2 Likes

When my kids were this age, I never took a shower with them. I did, however washed their back and got wet plenty of times. lol… I would walk around naked in front of them when they were younger. If I had an issue with the step-mother doing what she is doing, I would have a talk with her and my ex. I would not call DFS.

3 Likes

I am a step-mom and have been for the past 7 years. My daughter was 2 when I met her and yes, I gave her baths until she was 5, then she did it on her own. I have never, and would never shower with her. I also don’t shower with my 2 year old, I just don’t like it :woman_shrugging:

5 Likes

I showered with my boys when they were babies but only as babies no older than 1 year old or so. Those kids are too old to be doing that with an adult period! I think the kids are even too old to even shower together now. As soon as they’re old enough to shower by themselves then there should not be adults showering with them. It gives me a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach that she does this at their age and doesn’t think there’s anything wrong walking around naked around them is super strange. Yeah I’d have totally called the authorities on them too. I remember seeing my mom change it get dressed as a little girl but it was only if we walked in on her getting dressed after she showered or something not like this lady and we understood at like 5 or 6 that our mom deserved privacy so we started knocking on her door after that. There’s something wrong with this lady and your ex if they don’t see anything wrong with it.

2 Likes

Hell tf NO.
One that is not HER daughter she’s yours and walking around naked in YOUR daughters presence is not only disrespectful af to her and u but disgusting!! The showers thing is fucking weird
My ex is married and I’d be going to both of their asses!!

Um. Those children are too old to be showering with anyone. She’s a pedo

5 Likes

With my own kids yes with my step kids no way
I feel that’s crossing a line

1 Like

If it was a man doing that with boys would y’all still think it was appropriate?

4 Likes

Wow my thoughts only will she be asking them if daddy can join next wtf

They’re a little old for that. They can easily take a shower on their own. They aren’t with them 100% of the time so she should just wear clothes around the house when they are home.

You did a good thing by reporting it.

I shower with my daughter but, I’ll be damned if anyone else is. I would never shower with anyone elses child.

3 Likes

That’s just creepy. Hell my sister and i used to take baths together when we were really young but stopped by the time I was 5 bc we were too old. I couldn’t imagine showering with an adult especially one that isn’t my own mother. He needs to respect your wishes and realize that’s not normal.

I would not feel comfortable with that. I’m more modest and even with biological children that’s too old. I stopped taking showers with my oldest child when he was around 2 or 3. Have you talked to your ex about it and asked him to have the girls shower on their own? DCFS is a little extreme as a 1st step but I understand your concern bc my #1 fear is someone being sexually inappropriate with my children and I am unaware. I DEFINITELY would not feel ok showering with someone else’s child.

I shower with MY 8 yr old probably once a week to give her hair a good deep cleaning…but she’s also my bio daughter and she has hair down to her behind that she can’t seem to wash really well herself. Would I bathe with another 8 yr old…no! Would I call CPS on a step mom for bathing with my daughter? No! I’d ask her not to if I were uncomfortable and then if she continued I wouldn’t let my kids visit. After that we would be in family court 💁.

3 Likes

That’s definitely odd and inappropriate. I would not be comfortable with that. Have you asked your daughters how they feel about it?

4 Likes

I mean I don’t walk around naked but if my girls walked in on me changing I wouldn’t care but I’d NEVER bathe with them at that age, or past 3 yo. That just creeps me out personally and for it to not be their mom is a whole other level weird.

so stupid. not news worthy. umm figure it out. time to leave this shallow group

3 Likes

I mean if it was a locker room it might be normal but it’s odd otherwise hopefully not abuse and just different outlooks.

Umm not ok?? Why would she even think that’s acceptable!? They aren’t even her kids. I don’t even do that with my almost 2 year old son…

3 Likes

I would beat her ass. They ain’t her kids if I said don’t do it then don’t do it.

Not ok. 1. Those kids are old enough to shower alone. 2. They aren’t her kids, this is weird.

I don’t even shower with my own 7 year old despite the fact that she’s seen me naked a million times. She prefers her privacy and there isn’t a chance in the world a 10 year old is ok with this.

I would start by talking to them about how they feel about it. That’s what is most important.

4 Likes

I think maybe they are at the age for being too old for that however did you ask your daughters if they wanted to? I’m sure they weren’t forced in there with her. If they wanted too and have no problem with it then I don’t think it’s a big deal. But if they didn’t want too then yes I woulda been mad.

2 Likes

Gonna play devils advocate here… I shower with my kids sometimes makes it easier both girls aged 6 and 1…

5 Likes

Uhm no. That’s not ok😳

3 Likes

God no! Put a stop to it!

3 Likes

I would call CPS and the cops and flat out tell them she is doing this and that you feel she is being a child predator.

5 Likes

My kids age 5 3 and 1 and I don’t even bathe with them anymore. I stop at 1. I’ll stay in the room with the youngest and check on the older ones but that’s it. My kids are capable of washing up alone, so leave them alone.

Wouldn’t be a problem because nobody would find the body.

4 Likes

Unless it was at a pool change room or someyging… Id be going straight to the police and child protective services… Could you imagine if this was a man showering with their step daughter/son? 100% Sexual abuse. They can shower themselves at that age, especially 10, there is no reason for it.

1 Like

Fuck no.

That ain’t right.

2 Likes

I dont see the point in instantly sexualizing the situation. I shower with my step daughter(4) and my sons(2 & 3). Granted I have been around since she was 5m old but I wont tell her she cant hop in the shower with me until she wants the privacy of her own shower. Why make it weird if it doesnt have to be. Let them be innocent

4 Likes

Dude, I don’t even wanna shower with my own children. That’s my me time. GTFO! Totally weird. And I would definitely be having words with her and my ex-husband.

2 Likes

I showered with my daughter sometimes even baths. We are both females. I walked around naked in front of her. Even today shes 16 comes sits on the toilet just to talk while i shower or bathe. 💁 we have the same body parts. Nothing to be ashamed of. Nothing sexual about …

8 Likes

Def a no. I would put a stop to this

1 Like

If she showers with her kids then your girls may have asked to do the same. I think the circumstances need to be stated. Did they ask? Was it suggested? If they asked because it’s what’s being done with others then I don’t see as much of a problem. If it was suggested then I’m not a fan. I don’t think it goes as far as abuse and warrants a phone call to an agency unless your kids have indicated such. It’s really a parenting style issue which isn’t your business to control in your exes home if your kids aren’t being hurt. I walk around naked all the time. My kids walk in and out of the bathroom when I’m showering or changing and think nothing of it. They do that to this day and they are adults. Boys and girls. Do they stop and stare? No. I go about what I’m doing and so do they. This is really a non issue as far as I’m concerned.

7 Likes

I’d be freaked the hell out if my step mom tried to shower with us and walked around naked. I got upset when they tried to make me call her mom too. So, I think you have every right to be weirded out.

Sounds like you can’t separate nudity from sexuality. I’m sorry you’re ashamed of your body. Your ex is trying to give your children a more positive body image, by combating your prudishness. Leave them be.

4 Likes

how long have they been together? i mean i would maybe feel a little uncomfortable if it’s only a few months but if it’s years your kids obviously know who she is so :woman_shrugging:t3: although, i honestly don’t care what goes on with my daughter at her dads house (within reason obviously). i trust that he wouldn’t have her around shady people and if he has a girlfriend who my daughter is comfortable enough to shower with then great! that’s one less shower she has to have with me :partying_face: i think you way overreacted by calling children and youth. wow.

5 Likes

Alot could be said. As the parent you should be able to tell you ex husband no. Contact an attorney an see about changing visition with him. I would be worried things that could be going on.

2 Likes

No I would definitely have a chat about that…an over step