What would you do if your fiance doesn't want anymore kids?

Respect his decision

You have 7! That’s plenty…

Ummm respect his decision since y’all have your own baseball team anyway?

5 Likes

After 2 I was done and thankfully so was he.
I’d fill that need In Other ways like volunteering with babies in nicu, teen mom shelters, baby sitting, nanny, daycare, with pets.
Also look forward to grand kids, you should have plenty of them coming in the future.
He has just as much right not to not want more as you have to want another. Comprise has be made with the least resentment.

2 Likes

I have 2 older kids from a previous marriage…will be 37 weeks pregnant with my 3rd and my boyfriends 1st tomorrow. Didn’t think I would be having a 3rd and he never thought he would have a 1st. He is absolutely fine with 1 biological and helping raise my 2 from my first marriage. At first with this pregnancy I didn’t think I would want to be dobe…I thought I was going to still want more. Boyfriend started talking about having a way to make sure this didn’t happen again and my mom started pursuing the tubal route. I was frustrated but then I started having awful medical issues throughout this pregnancy. My appendix went crazy and I’ve been to the hospital for it multiple times now, I’ve been having issues with heart racing and beating out of my chest and making my very short of breath, my blood pressure has done some wacky things, my braxton hicks have outright bedridden me at times, and now my amniotic fluid level is not great. It made me realize that pregnancy and my body are no longer good for each other and I have made the decision to have a tubal because I’m afraid another pregnancy would kill me. It was not an easy decision by any means but I will have 3 kids who need me to be here. Being done isn’t the easiest thing to do but sometimes it has too. I write my story to tell you that sometimes taking another look at a situation helps with it

7 is enough. I don’t blame him.

Yeah I think its time to quit.

As long as the children are being cared for what does it matter how many she has? Talk to him and see if y’all can compromise one more time…

2 Likes

Between my fiance and I, we currently have 7 as well. & We are trying for at least one more. Mainly bc I’ve only birthed one & I’d like another. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Relate is the root word in relationship. That is all.

1 Like

Bring a dog home. Lol

1 Like

7 is more than enough, I understand his decision… you cannot push him to have more if he said enough is enough… a child is alot of responsibility and if he is saying no maybe he is not in the right mind to raise and have another. Respect his decision and be happy with the 7 kids you have. Give your body some rest.

7 Likes

Some of these answers…

Wow. Put some real thought into it and if it really is a deal breaker then that’s your decision. I’d really dig deep before I walked away.

1 Like

Who is paying for your seven kids? Have you heard about over-population? My parents had six. Somebody has a picture of us as adults plus spouses and kids. Looks like a circus. Two kids is plenty.

2 Likes

If he’s done don’t coerce him tog et what you want. Respect that maybe he’s just done and can’t take on adding another child. Respect his NO. And don’t be crazy and make an “accident” happen Bc that will ruin your relationship.

1 Like

It sounds to me like that man has taken on a lot of responsibility, why would you put more on him?

2 Likes

That’s a decision y’all have to make together. I came from a big family and I have 6 I know plenty of families that have 8-9 kiddos. If you can afford them and not depend on the state to support your family then it’s your choice on how many you have.

5 Likes

If he doesn’t want more, respect that. Maybe discuss fostering as a compromise.

3 Likes

Ehhh it depends. If you guys are firmly on opposite ends of the scale in wanting vs not wanting more. . I’d call that a deal breaker. However, if every other aspect of the relationship is healthy and working out. . I would try to find a compromise before splitting up.

1 Like

I wouldn’t have anymore kids.

I think you have more than enough. Keep your mind shut and do the best with what you can do with those seven.

If you can’t agree, maybe try counseling to help reach a compromise.

Is it just that you like babies? Maybe do things to have more babies in your life. Volunteer at a hospital to hold babies born with addictions, work in the nursery at your house of worship, take in a foster baby, etc. Or as previously suggested, wait for grandchildren.

I’d be interested to know how you manage homework for 7, cooking for a crowd, getting quality time with each child, and listening to and nurturing seven children.

And most of all, how do you afford it? Can you fit everyone in one vehicle? You must be shopping ($$$) and cooking constantly. How do you handle activities and extracurriculars like sports? How will you afford to send them all to college or trade school? How can you afford a house with so many bedrooms? Buying all those clothes? All that medical insurance and co-pays? Are you working? What happens if he leaves you?

3 Likes

I mean I hate to even say this. But he is right. It’s expensive for that many kids, no matter how much money you make. If you had 1,2,3, kids and he was saying no then maybe a little arguing room but he is right momma. That’s a lot. :confused: I’m sorry… I agree with him.

3 Likes

Leave it alone. Yall have enough

3 Likes

To each is own, but since you guys aren’t agreeing, you need to come to a compromise of some sort ? Fostering maybe or if he’s dead set on no other children then maybe a puppy/Dog a pet of some sort? Lol I told my husband want 3 kids max & he wants the same, he’s recently joked about 4 which I’ve considered but I think ima stick with 3, cause I’m already loosing my shit with 1 & 1 on the way🤣 either way it’s something you both need to be on bored with🤷🏻‍♀️

I would say enjoy watching them grow :heart: enjoy family trips!

I have 2 kids boy & girl and thats good enough for me. Now i just want to watch them grow and take them everywhere :grinning:

My fiancé is completely against the idea of fathering any more children when I brought it up wanting a child with him. I decided our relationship is complete and well-rounded as it is without a baby. Would I like it? Yes. Is it more important than having an amazing man that has become a good and stable father figure to my children? Definitely not.

1 Like

Give him time he’s taking on a lot at once

Umm, to each their own but I bet your kids would appreciate you not having any more either. It’s hard to give real personal attention to any one of them when you have more than one, let alone 7.
Enjoy what you have and stop pushing. (Pun intended)

4 Likes

In this day and age with the cost of living, I would think it is pretty tough supporting this large family already. I would not have any more and enjoy your life with your fiancé and the 7 you have.

4 Likes

Why don’t u apply to foster … There’s so many kids in the system that need and want a safe place to call home… Sounds to me like u can provide that plus u have a village to help …

7 Likes

Count my 7 wonderful blessings and do my best to raise them

5 Likes

Just wait for the grandkids

4 Likes

You can adopt me! I’m tired of being an adult :joy:

6 Likes

No more children. Actually, you shouldn’t even be in a committed relationship. Think of it from your children’s point of view. Then call Dr. Laura Schlesinger.

I think u have enought…enjoy them

Not that I’m being mean but do you and your fiancé support these kids that you already have or are you on food stamps Medicaid state funded housing

5 Likes

Think if it were the opposite, you didn’t want more kids but he did. Would you want him pushing you for someone you brought up? His wants and needs are important

3 Likes

Get my tubes tied and be done

1 Like

Speaking from experience, the current children are what matter, not what you want. Take their feelings into consideration

5 Likes

Enjoy the ones you have!

You have enough children! How are they all being feed and provided for?

1 Like

Unless you have millions, suggest you listen to fiance!

2 Likes

For everyone saying you don’t need anymore just stop.

And honestly if your fiancé doesn’t want anymore there might be a good reason on his part? Maybe just talk and find out

3 Likes

This is a much more complex conversation beyond “I want more and he doesn’t” why do you want more? Why doesn’t he want more? Without knowing the reasoning each of you have, no one can really give an opinion because there are so many factors to be considered like finances, your health, current home environment, age of the children you already have, etc.

3 Likes

Yall are rude… you don’t know what they do. They both can be drs, assuming they are on state(and so what if they are and are both working which means THEY are paying for it as well, but yeah go on and complain about your whole 1.45% a year of your wages going to medicaid) is just messed up.

I would be grateful for my blessings and be done!

2 Likes

If already have seven n partner don’t want no more i would be done with having more

1 Like

Enjoy the ones you have.

U have 7. You’re fine. He don’t want anymore. Leave it at that. Get a puppy

8 Likes

Had it been the other way around how would you feel?let him be and enjoy those you have

Better put some duct tape on that :smirk_cat: lord knows it needs it. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Some of you all are super judgmental. Girl talk to him. He may change his mind down the road in the mean time continue to enjoy the ones you have and plan that wedding. Life moves in different ways and don’t dwell on what could be. Focus on the now. You may find down the road that you are actually quite content with what you have.

4 Likes

What would I do??) I would thank him lol

2 Likes

Some of yall are rude. Just because she has 7 kids doesnt necessarily mean she is struggling to take care if them.

Respect his decision and stop working to change his mind.

2 Likes

I unfortunately don’t have any advice, except maybe communicatingwith him about it and be willing to understand his side. But some of the comments are just down right upsetting… who are any of us to tell someone else when enough is enough? It’s not our body, not our life, not our finances, etc. I thought this page was here so that we could HELP lift each other up, and offer helpful and friendly advice. I’m sure the OP has already received judgemental looks, and other crap from people in their personal life, why just add to it? Why condemn someone for what they want? We ALL want different things, and that is OKAY.

5 Likes

You have 4 from previous and with him already have 3 it’s not like you don’t have a child with him. If you didn’t have a child with him I could understand why you would be bothered but you already have 3 blessings with him. Maybe he’s concerned about finances, or your health, maybe even space for another or if he’s stepped in for the ex and has had to pull the slack and take care of the other children as well maybe it’s too much for him. You know your situation better it’s best to just talk to him.

1 Like

If y’all are rich and can afford college etc for the 7 then try talking to him about having more. But honestly, having kids of hard on your body and they are expensive. I wouldn’t suggest more kids.

1 Like

Sounds like you have a decision to make. Which is more important to you? Having another child or your fiance? To me, this is a no brainer. My husband is my best friend. No means no, but I wouldn’t love him any less just because we weren’t on the same page. And it sure as hell wouldn’t make me throw away the last 15 years away simply because I didn’t get my way. If you can’t understand the concept of no, how are you ever going to have a lasting relationship? Relationships are a mix of sacrifice and compromise. Are you willing to die on this particular hill?

Realise he’s a great guy who you’ve had three kids with and respect what he wants. He might just want to spend more time with you or maybe save so you can get married.

Whats the reasons WHY he doesnt and you do? Without knowing more information there isnt a way to give good advice 7 is a LOT to take care of. Finances certainly come into play along with health. So much more info is needed.

Gurl stahp. 7 kids is enough

2 Likes

Communicate why you want another baby and listen to him too. He may be reasonable in why he doesn’t want more kids. Come to an agreement and respect it. Once it’s agreed, leave it be.

I understand from both points, personally though I would be done after 4 much less 7. Instead of trying to find ways to convince him to have more kids, talk to him to find out why he doesn’t and why you do. Express to him how you feel about. No matter what you can’t force him to have more and need to respect that. Communicate and compromise, maybe get a puppy or kitten.

1 Like

I don’t think it should be a big deal when you already have 7 and have with him it’s both of you alls choice you have to do together not as one if you can’t both agree on yes or no then save yourself the trouble and don’t marry him and I hope you don’t get pregnant on purpose because he has been clear and that would be unfair and so if him stopping you from having more for that reason I say don’t marry him

Can’t force him to want more children 7 is plenty, either you need to let it go and be content and happy with what you have or be prepared to cause a wedge between u and your partner.

Well, obviously not have another because your fiance doesnt want anymore…

5 Likes

I have no advice but I have 7 number 8 is due 9-9. Maybe down the road you guys and talk about it again.

Stop. You both need to be ready. And while you feel he is not being supportive or understanding, he probably feels the same.

1 Like

It’s about what ya both want. Its not always bout one or the other. But from outside looking in, 7 is a lucky number :slight_smile:

How is this a real question

I would compromise because that is how a marriage should be but that’s my opinion. I am not telling you have enough kids but maybe he thinks y’all do so ask him why he doesn’t want anymore. I give you props because 2 kids is enough for me

1 Like

Ummm thats alot of kids as I’s… holy crap.

3 Likes

Oh yea I forgot…just being realistic, you will not always be on the same page as your husband nor always get your way :wink:

You don’t have more.

If he doesn’t want anymore so be it. Wait for your 7 you have to have their own, then you will have many babies. Personally to bring children into this world now, if I could I would not. Big families may be what you want maybe not what your own kids want. Just think about it

How do you afford 7, We can barely afford 2.

Anyway, probably for him 7 is enough so you can’t force him. What if it was him wanting and not you? Everyother woman would be saying that it’s your body and you shouldn’t be forced. Don’t force him or he might resent you

You already have 7 kids, you should get to know each one personally and allocate time for them, focus on them. Don’t let them feel abandoned because you wanted more kids. Deal with the kids you already have and make them more than just numbers. Goodluck.

1 Like

I say give your hoohaa a rest! Seriously seven kids and you want more???

2 Likes

Communication is key. My so and I have 8 between us. I’m currently on day 6 of being in the hospital pregnant with our 9th. We were waiting to see if we wanted one more but being put in the hospital at 31 weeks and being induced at 34 we knew this will be our last. I’m getting my tubes tied after our son is born. This is the 3rd time I’ve had pre eclampsia and it is hard being away from the other kids.

1 Like

I’d compromise for sure You have MORE THAN ENOUGH

I think it might be a little selfish. Maybe he’s done. He can do what he wants with his body just like you.

3 Likes

Wow 7 is a lot to care for. Enough…

You ignore all the negative comments on here. It’s has nothing to do with anyone else how many children you have or want.

To answer your question, it needs to be something you both agree on. I’d be asking myself - How would another impact the rest of the family? Can we financially afford another?

1 Like

Um , love the ones you have a bit extra till those grandbabies come along .

1 Like

I believe you both have to be on the same page.
Imagine if you didn’t want anymore children and he tried to guilt you into having another?
No.

1 Like

Seven is alot. Maybe he’s reached his max capacity :laughing:

Stop.there are enough children around. They get more expensive as they get older. Wonder if something should happen to either one of you.

2 Likes

I’d be happy with the 7 i had that’s more than enough tbh xx

another fake post?? ya’ll are getting boring

2 Likes

I mean honestly can you blame him for not wanting more? You have 7. Don’t be selfish, and work on stronger bonds with the 7 you have already.

1 Like

I’d listen to your fiance!

1 Like

I got 7 kids? The grammar alone makes me question a lot here but aside from that having 7 kids must mean you are wealthy indeed, children need a lot to grow up properly, time spent individually, food, clothes, extracurricular activities, college educations, cars, vacations, and most importantly their own space… can you afford more children? What about you? Do you want to pursue some higher education or a career or are you happy just staying at home raising babies? I think your fiance is a wise man, he is probably working his butt into the dirt to provide for the 7 children he already has taken on… I think you have a lot of issues to figure out before adding more to the mix.

I’d tie my tubes … :joy:

5 Likes

WIt til ya get married​:joy::joy:jk

I’d say be happy with what u got some.ppl can’t even have one

As someone having 7 kids I can relate i have those feelings where I want more but I know it has been emotionally draining for my partner one thing to do is sit down and have a talk and listen as to why he does not want any more,
Maybe he is not coping as well as you.

1 Like

I want to take a nap just reading this…

11 Likes

You don’t have anymore.

Both of you need to agree on another child. If he refuses then that’s that.