What would you do in this situation?

I feel like you should let him decide if he wants them as friends
You feel bad for him as we all would when our children are suffering but I think the other boys should be given the opportunity to apologise and then your son decide if they are worthy of his friendship
But thinking of you mumma raising children is never easy when all the emotions are involved :relieved:

10 Likes

Put him in karate so he can kick some ass.

I would get him some counseling so he realizes that this is not his fault. He also will need to learn how to stand up for himself in the future so it doesn’t happen again. I’d make sure if they go to school or have classes together that they are removed from being in the same class.

1 Like

And why were his friends like that? From whom did they learn such behavior? It’s what bully’s do!

5 Likes

I would give it some time and if they are well mannered kids and received sufficient punishment, let your son decide if he still wants to be friends or not. Talk with the mom and see what she says.

3 Likes

Sit them all down together and have them talk it out.

6 Likes

Maybe see if your area has Friday youth that he cn attend or karate classes where he can find new friends, it’s good u letting him knw that no means no, n if they don’t respect that, than he shouldn’t be around that crowd.

1 Like

Should’ve invited the boys in. Have them interact and talk in front of you - without being overly involved. Could have been healing to have them apologize rather than let the tension drag on. Then let your son make the choice of who his ‘true friends are’. The truest forms of friendship always involve forgiveness. This still has potential to be a great lesson learned.

7 Likes

Ok. Sorry but you rambled on and on, repeating the same thing over and over.
You and your son BOTH might benefit from some counseling.
You so you can learn to express yourself with rambling and whining.
You can’t set, or TEACH, clear boundaries if you can’t clearly and succinctly express yourself.
Your son needs some one to talk to who won’t sound like Eeyore, and act like the world is coming to an end, just because some kids behaved badly one day. YOU probably made it seem like much more of a Tragedy than it really is.
You made a bigger deal than you needed to.
Everyone else is right too. Put your kid in some kind of sport or Martial arts so he can develop some self confidence.
And you should’ve let your kid decide how he wanted to handle his friends and future friendship.
I would’ve asked that mom and kids to come over so we could all sit down together to discuss what happened, and figure out how to move forward. Instead you just flipped out and blew it all up.
Talk to a professional. I think you need help too.

5 Likes

What the boys did was not okay. But kids will be kids and self discipline, kindness, empathy, all of these things are learned through life experiences over time. Which children are of course lacking in. I think everyone should talk it out with adults present but very much in the background and let your son decide if these kids should be his friends.

1 Like

I’ve been in this situation. Kids are mean. It’s way worse now for kids. Kids do stuff and then say “I was just kidding” or deny that they did it. I really don’t have any advice on how to fix the broken heart except for time. We have been going through this off and on for about a year with a few kids and my son always wants to give the kids another chance and then they treat him like crap or use him. My son is 15. I think after this last incident he finally has realized that they aren’t worth the headache and that you don’t need to have a lot of friends. Quality of friends over quantity.

1 Like

You did good. That’s all you can do. Teach him that once he’s been betrayed, don’t go back. It teaches him that physical and mental abuse is unacceptable. He’ll need to know this later as an adult. If we become accustomed to it as a child, we tend to think it’s normal and therefore acceptable. Talking to Mom about it was also good. She needs to teach them bullying is wrong and unacceptable. I just hope it ends there. God bless.

1 Like

Do they attend the same school / classroom? Id email the teacher to let her know he was bullied so she/ he can keep an eye out during school .
This is a great way to keep a paper trail .
Also , if the mother contacts you regarding the incident anymore , Use text or email for the same reason.

Can you put him in a new extra curricular of his choice, so he can make new friends? That might ruffle his spirits .
Good luck . Hope he feels better soon .

Teach him to fight and let him whoop asses! Just saying! I’d be so hott I’d probably whoop their Little asses.