What would you do in this situation?

My son (11) came home crying because his so called “friends” held him down and started punching him and stretching out his new clothes at their house. I know boys rough house, but he asked them to stop and they didn’t stop, so when he was able to get up and out of their room he ran home and even ended up leaving his phone there. Which he is very responsible with. They had him trapped in the room- 2 against 1. He didn’t even tell me about it when he got home, we just heard him crying and upset in his room. So while I’m talking to my son trying to figure out what happened the boys showed up with his phone. I asked them if they punched him and the older one nodded his head yes. So I told them that’s not cool, you don’t treat your friends like that and I told them I was calling their mom and they’re not allowed over here anymore. He has been friends with these kids for years and they live on the same street so they’re always hanging out. Now he thinks they’re gonna make fun of him cuz it looks like he tattle tailed on them. I told him not to worry about it because he doesn’t want to be friends with them anymore anyway. My son was a true friend to them and he’s so upset about it. I said everything I could to try to make him feel better. It hurts my heart to see that happen and my momma feathers are ruffled!! I called the mom and she had no idea what happened and I’m not mad at her so I made sure to let her know that, but I told her to let her kids know that they’re not allowed at my house anymore and they lost a good friend. I’ve known her since our kids were in diapers too. I’m so upset that my son is hurt mentally and physically. I tried to make him feel better but his heart is broken because he lost, what he thought, were friends. I told him you find out who your true friends are. And if they’re not true friends then keep your distance. I’m just done because there has been other issues in the past and I’ve let it go, let it go, let it go… but this was just too much. I put a stop to that s* immediately so now it’s THE END and my son is left heart broken. I guess it works out better now because they weren’t even true friends from the beginning. The mom mentioned them wrestling around but she didn’t know that they didn’t stop when he asked and those boys KNEW DAMN WELL that they were hurting him!! Because they were punching him hard. My son showed me how they were doing it, and that wasn’t just wrestling around. So the mom she said she was going to talk to them. But I’m just done with all of them, so now I have to figure out how I’m going to heal my sons broken heart. Any advise would be much appreciated because I don’t know what else I can do to heal his heart. I tried to distract him with a board game but he wasn’t into it, but he got to choose dinner and he was happy to get Taco Bell.

• A disappointed, heated, broken hearted mother.
643 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. What would you do in this situation? - Mamas Uncut

Well even though they are children, you could still have the cops involved and scare them so they don’t touch him again :woman_shrugging: actions have consequences and I sure as hell wouldn’t let no one get away with that with my girls regardless of age

15 Likes

For one that’s not ok, and I hope the moms gonna do more then just talk to them. They need punishment… also, I would suggest joining a moms group in your area and see if any moms have sons around your sons age and maybe do like a play date so he can meet other kids. So sorry for your son that has to be hard

12 Likes

Invite a friend from school over or get him involved with a sport or club where he can meet new friends. You did the right thing and he will realize it eventually. I’m sure this wasn’t the first time and could potentially gotten worse. Remind him how proud of him you are for telling you what happened. He was truly brave and should never allow anyone to treat him that way.

22 Likes

I would honestly ask my son if he’s willing to forgive them if they were to come over and apologize. Then, set up a meeting with the boys and the mom to talk things through. Only because it sounds like they mean a great deal to your son. My son is very forgiving and I’m not. I would hate to see my son heartbroken so that’s the only reason I would even give them a second chance.

28 Likes

You did what you thought was best. Contacted the mom, cut ties and let him know that it’s not ok to be treated that way. True friends don’t hurt you. Those boys don’t learn now they will end up in jail. Hopefully their mom puts an end to it. But just know you are raising your son to understand it’s not ok to be mistreated by others. It may hurt now but it will teach him to not be walked on later on. Just be there for him. He will heal and you will be glad you did this! :heart:

16 Likes

Wow that’s messed up

2 Likes

Take him to fight one on one, obviously they were too scared to fight him one on one that they needed to jump him. Tell him to whoop their asses one on one

Hit their moms, take your husband to hit their dads if necessary. Solved. Bet you they’ll never do that again :drum: If their like it’s their parents fault let them feel it.

7 Likes

Put your Son in a martial arts program. Boys need to know how to defend themselves. There comes a point in his life where using his words and walking away won’t be possible and no teacher will stop it. May be while he’s a kid. Might be when he’s an adult. Either way he’ll need to fight. Martial arts teaches kids how to fight and also that they don’t have to. Great exercise too.

28 Likes

Call the cops that’s assault and Charge the parents bullying starts at home in my opinion.

6 Likes

These weren’t Really True Friends and were just Using Your Son. As a Mom You made the Right Decision as these Boys are Just Thugs and Bullies.

6 Likes

File a police report, for assault and unlawful detainment, send the cops to their house scare the shi* out of them, probably not the first time, won’t be the last!

9 Likes

I’d go over there and have a talk to the parents, get his phone back and tell your son to rethink them as friends. I’d be pissed!

1 Like

Our children dont have the simple lives and friend s most of us had growing up and its so sad. Fake friends suck

Those aren’t ur friends. He could have been seriously hurt! His heart will heal. Martial arts is wonderful , it saved my son a few times!

6 Likes

Something my parents said always stuck with me and helped me heal quicker and easier when I lost friends, “Friends come and go in life, the true friends stay” they explained that through life we would make all types of friends and go through many as we grow older, either you realize they were not the type of people you wanted to surround yourself with or you grow apart but you will have those few close friends you may have forever. I’m also close to my family so I was also always told that while you may go through friends, you’ve always got your family.
I went through my fair share of bully “friends” growing up and it’s sucks but it gets easier and makes you a bit more choosey on who you befriend.

6 Likes

You should have involved your son in that decision. This has to do with him, not you. He’s afraid they’re going to pick on him now because you went to his mom. I get you want the kids to be held accountable. But he should have been involved. If he said don’t talk to their mom, then discuss with him why you want to. And if he still just wanted to sweep it under the rug, then you need to listen to him as well and give him control over what happens regarding the event that he was involved in.

17 Likes

Honestly this is tough. Initially reading it I got HOT but after I think about it I think about how my son and a few friends rough house. Not enough to purposely hurt someone but it may accidentally and some boys are more emotional than others. I would tell him that if he wants to still be friends with them it’s up to him, not mama to make the choice. Kids have to learn. I would limit him to being one on one with another boy while they play. I say this because boys try to impress each other anyway and the more there are the worse it is. I would give him the opportunity to talk to them after it’s all cooled off and get a feel for the boys. If they’ve been friends for years then I think things prob just got out of control esp if he hasn’t talked about these kids bullying or being rough before this incidence :heart:

12 Likes

He should be able to choose if their friends still and if so hang out there

7 Likes

You’ve done the right thing . Go with your gut and trust your child. Keep a positive mind and find new hobbies to do when either of you are feeling emotions stemming for this. Make it fun, make it boosting for your both.

3 Likes

It sounds like he’s the friend that the other friends put down, I’ve been that friend before, he needs new friends or to start martial arts etc so his “friends” at school know not to mess with him like that… if you step in it won’t help because he sees them at school and around the neighbourhood etc…

You don’t need to heal his heart you need to let him feel this. He lost what were probably his best friends, he needs to grieve it and understand this is a part of life and so many people will do this to him in his life and thats why its important to pay attention to peoples character when choosing who to keep be friends. These boys probably bully other kids in the same way and he has probably seen it before just never thought they’d do it to him.

10 Likes

Sign him up for jiu jitsu, he will make real friends while learning how to defend himself so it doesn’t happen again.

6 Likes

My heart goes out to you both… I would have done the same thing…
I would spoil your son , like take him to the movies, etc. I hope there’s other kids for him to play with… Get him involved in martial arts, it’s a great way to meet friends and he’ll build up his confidence…

9 Likes

Little jerks, I would let them try to iron it out but if they make fun of him i would be going back to the parents.

2 Likes

Awe! Poor kid. I can imagine that this is not going to be easy on him. I’d probably still sit down with all of them and the parents and try to see if these boys want to apologize. Sometimes even close brothers hurt each other. It doesn’t mean that they don’t care about each other. I know you just want to keep your son safe, but I’d give it another chance if the boys are sincerely apologetic.

7 Likes

Remember your life at that age (I was bullied) things that matter so much rn will be a lesson, never to trust anyone :100:, ever.

2 Likes

You should file a police report and let the school know as well incase of retaliation. Also get him into self defense class maybe

9 Likes

While I agree (usually) on letting me kids pick their own friends, this boy is 11. He’s a child, not grown. What if he ended up hurting himself because he had low self esteem cause his “friends” hurt him so deeply, mentally and physically? Everyone would be saying “why didn’t the mom do anything?” She took a stand and did what she believed she needed to do. As parents, that’s all we can do at times.

4 Likes

You are a marvelous mom! Is there a police officer where you live that is also a school’s resource person? Talk to the police about it and see if you can figure out some kind of plan that way.

3 Likes

If he ran out, then something dark was happening. They put fear in him and I’d be fucking livid. I would of been a little harsh with the mom, she needs to know that this is bullying and assault, lightweight terrorism to put that kind of fear in a friend is just not acceptable and they are lucky the police ain’t at their door. The mom should know it got to that level. Kids do funny shit these days. Little assholes need to get a good ol fashion ass whoopin.

If he were my son I would put him in a sport that he likes and could compete in. It’s time for him to meet new people and have new friends.

11 Likes

Get your son involved in outside interest of his choosing allow him to keep a connection with them so there is no bully repercussions allow the boys or one at a time to have playtime at your house and do something special with your son and each boy when one on one if like taking them skating or to a movie or an indoor batting park and limit the get together with just one boy at your house at a time not at their houses obviously they are not being monitored correctly at this parents house that let this happen see which boy was the more aggressive and don’t have him over as much as the kinder one. One of them is obviously influencing the others which kid is the worst of two evils allow your son to play with the one who he feels more comfortable with on your terms at your house :pray:t3:

3 Likes

Take him to self defense classes and talk to the instructor to see if he can be a mentor to him. He needs a mentor at this point.

8 Likes

Tell him to stand his ground teach him to fight back this rough housing or whatever it really was.

3 Likes

Put him in self defense classes

3 Likes

My mommy heart goes out to both of you guys :pleading_face::heart::heart::heart: :pray:t3::heart:

2 Likes

You did the right thing! This is my biggest fear of my kids being mistreated this way! It reminds me of the 1 girl who actually died amongst “friends” because they took it too far. ThankGOD he is safe at home with you! His heart will heal! He may feel as if he’s tattle tailed & trust me kids can be really mean when you tel your mom something! But you know what you’re right! They were not friends! Cus friends don’t hurt friends! No matter what you do he’s going to be sad for a while. It sucks! I hate that this is the way it just has to be sometimes! My daughter is currently going through a phase where she feels she doesn’t have many friends and literally just draws during recess and it breaks my heart for her so much! But I’d rather have her minding her business then having friends like this!

6 Likes

Tell the respective parents and don’t stop at that. Inform the school Principal and the class teachers even if they’re from different schools. If it gets worse you’ll have enough evidence to report it to the police. Whatever said and done, it’s bad upbringing by the other boys’ parents concerned.

9 Likes

He’s going to need somthing to replace those so called friends put him in karate or gymnastics basket ball somthing he likes

8 Likes

Get your son involved in sports, chest clubs, hobby groups. Something that his interested in and can hang out with people that share the same interest and likes.

9 Likes

You did the right thing. But you need to let him feel the hurt & disappointment. Parents try to protect their kids feelings all the time nowadays. But it doesn’t do them any favors in the long run. Disappointment and hurt is part of life. Its also a learning opportunity of how ppl you think are friends really aren’t. Better to learn the lesson young than to get hurt even worse older. Quality of friends is always better over quantity. That rings true even as an adult. Let him hurt, but be there if he wants to talk.

12 Likes

I will say this only because times have changed. Is this behavior you want your son to have? If not, at 11 keep him away as they are headed towards a questionable path. Our boys are taught differently now in school. They are taught about keeping their hands to themselves and personal space. I would consider speaking with the resource officer at the school if you have one as well as the principal so they are aware of any potential paybacks; if they do have parents who will lay consequences on them or not still doesn’t dictate how they will respond. I know some kids just like this that grew up to do more damage on the one treated as your son was. It lead into young adult behavior that is questionable as to how far they take things. They are dangerous and there are more in their group and quite honestly I await arrests for any of them at some point. These boys are protected based on who the parents are. I would have years ago disagreed with your actions but if you watch the stories of our youth today, boys and girls alike, who end up killing the odd person out just to see what it was like you totally did the right thing. I quit letting my children long ago hang out in odd numbers. It often leads to someone getting left out and getting their feelings, or worse, hurt. I placed my child in self defense where he learned how to defend himself, but not get even. He learned enough to ensure he could mitigate any situation at the lowest level possible. My children are all grown now, but I am thankful I have been able to share stories with others with children younger than mine.

3 Likes

Some people just don’t raise their kids to have empathy for other people! Your son is better off without these kids, and you’re better off without the mother. Time will help to give some distance and he’ll make new friends, who hopefully will have had good role models for parents!

1 Like

Unfortunately I know how you feel. My son had the same problem. When we moved he had a hard time making friends. The kids at school gave him a hard time & then when he finally made what he thought was a friend & at first it was great but then it got to where they started to bump heads to many times that it almost turned physical and that’s when I was done & told them no more. Sometimes it’s just best to move on. Good luck :heart:

3 Likes

Me, personally, I’d ask for the parents and kids to come to my house and talk, especially since you mentioned that they were such good friends and your son is heartbroken over this. When they got to your house, I’d have my son, the other kids parents and me in the same room together first. Then I’d have their kids, their parents and you in the same room together. Each season, I’d listen to them. Then I’d have EVERYONE in the same room together to give their story. Then talk it out. After the meeting and everyone left, I’d explain to your son that EVERY SINGLE TIME someone tries to bully you, you need to stand up for yourself. Do not back down. EVER. Sign him up for karate classes and help him to defend himself without anyone knowing anything. If you don’t do that, make sure to tell him that he has the right to defend himself, regardless of how many people there are against him. The problems with bullies are that they don’t have someone who will stand up to them. If they did, they’d most likely back down. And as far as the multiple problems that you have with these kids, you can’t hold it against them if you never addressed their parents or them. Their parents can’t fix a problem that they don’t know exists. Give the parents the benefit of the doubt. Now, if it continues, then you have a reason to stop them from playing together. Trust me, as a parent, I’d want to know immediately and I assure you that the problem would be solved.

8 Likes

You are right too stop that shit . Don’t think for a minute that’s right they don’t need him as a friend to him he can do better anyway

I hope them boys think about their actions and bad decisions and give your son a true sincere apology. This hurts my mamma heart so much. You definitely did the right thing. Time will heal. Big hugs to both of you. :heart::heart:

1 Like

My mom had my brother and I in karate when we were little. Something like that so he can learn how to defend himself.
Also it helped me later in high school with bullies. I told them I was a black belt and not to fuck with me and from then on they left me alone for the most part.

Get him into karate asap

5 Likes

Sadly you never 100% ever knew w anyone no matter how long you’ve known them. Just give him some time, be there to talk, counseling (just in case he gets depression being a teen and having this to add to just teen life can be super hard, I went through similar as a kid but my friend had her older brother and his two friends jump me due to her bf telling her he liked me, but I had no idea he did and I never had interest in him at all), put him in self defense/martial arts it can help with discipline and even confidence as well as self protection.

2 Likes

What time we rolling to the moms house to show her what her son did?

4 Likes

Get him a :dog: that will keep him busy:).

4 Likes

You did the right thing, unfortunately we just have to be there and support them. Such is life, people betray your trust sometimes. I understand how hard it is though

2 Likes

No, I wouldn’t have broken off the relationship over one time. I would of caused a whole safety meeting and a final warning. Parents, kids, and a witness lol because they’ve been friends so long.
If it happened again then that’s when I would of been like: they can’t come again. Making that clear in the children parent meeting. Making it clear that the next time, he has permission to defend himself.

Then again you’re his momma and you do what is best for your family.

7 Likes

Way to handle that situation I applaud you all the way!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

I think you could have handled it better. Kids tend to fight and make up easy. You could call for a sit down and find out what caused them to fight. The best was to call there mum over since u have known each other from childhood and figure out a solution. You could have said they are not allowed to pay indoors if they have to it’s at your house.come up with better rules. Your son might not have friends because every parent will assume u don’t give second chances and they won’t want to have such a conversation with u. Kids fight always it’s upto us to teach them better.

9 Likes

Oh I’m that mom who would have marched to other moms house been nice but asked to speak w the other kid and the parents . Of each kid there!!

2 Likes

I hope the other mother is decent enough to punish her kid and make him apologise - if not she is just as bad for allowing them get away with this behaviour :sweat::sweat::sweat:

2 Likes

I remember when parents let kids figure their stuff out on their own. Chances are, they would all be ready to play together in a day or two. It’s really not fair to say they weren’t real friends, just because they got caught up in a wrestling match and didn’t listen to his words. In my experience (I have a 14 yr old), meddling was never what he wanted when he was struggling with a friendship. He just wanted me to listen and advise. As hard as it is to watch our kids struggle, this is totally normal stuff and children develop important problem solving skills by managing these scenarios on their own. An example of how it could’ve been handled differently, would be for you to encourage him to create a boundary around hands-on play. And let him stand up for himself in articulating that to the others. It’s empowering for kids to learn that they can use their voice, especially with peers.

19 Likes

Time, and activities. Same as any heart break

1 Like

Maybe they can mend their friendship, if they are made to see how what they did was wrong.

1 Like

Get him a puppy, they’re loyal and karate lessons

6 Likes

This is how kids get hurt or even killed,who knows what theses boys were thinking. Or why

1 Like

If I was thier mum they’d be apologising for sure… They need shaming. There’s an important lesson here they could be learning too that could set them on a different path for life.
I’m so sorry your boys had to go though this, time will heal…maybe they will realise how wrong they’ve been and try to make things better… But that would understandably take alot.
My votes for the puppy and karate lessons Xx

3 Likes

What mom did the right thing and them two boys sounded like bullies

1 Like

I think I may provide a different answer, but I know I am not the norm,truly, never have been. never will be. I think losing it on them was justified in this situation, but the breaking ties for good, that part may have gone a bit too far. however you aren’t seeing the situation as someone from the outside. your son is worried about how others will perceive him. As a person who works with kids… he could have have had something to do with the situation and how it escalated despite being so upset. I’m glad you stepped up for him, but your actions may have just caused him some worry for the future… despite your best intentions.

7 Likes

Boys are dumb. Source… i am one… we do dumb shit we regret all the time… id say sit down with all of them parents too and ask them if they all still want to be friends and then lay out clearly what is and isn’t acceptable behaviour for young me towards their friends and towards anyone… ask for apologies and dont accept insincere ones. I hate the cliché that “boys will be boys” but there is some truth to it… the difference is it stops being an excuse for bad behavior when boys become men. They arent men yet. This is however a teachable moment and a lesson this young can instil good behaviour for a lifetime… ignoring it or just sayin friends off i dont think will have a positive and reinforcing effect on any of them. For one, your son is being punished in this situation by being kept from his friends who he likely wants to work it out with and he will bottle up and keep his heartbreaks and his struggles from you in the future out of fear youll take his friends away… I understand your feelings. It must break your heart to see your son this way but if you handle this like i suggest everyone including you i think can end up happy and have trust in their friendship.

They are kids they don’t have to stop being friends they can work past this kids rough house and it seems like they were honest about it atleast and maybe they feel bad about it too … all I’m saying I guess is it doesn’t have to be an end all be all you should all sit down and talk about it … first ask your son what he wants of course

9 Likes

i probably sound like I’m ok with this behaviour but I will say when I say it that kids aren’t just mean for no reason right away. They get that waywhen on the defensive or by overstepping boundaries. An 11 year olds brain isnt fully formed. A lot of what happens between now and adulthood is lesson building

4 Likes

Kids are brutal i got beat up as a kid. Put him in a kung fu/self defense class. Its a diff mindset there they technically learn to fight but also learn respect, confidence, when to fight, etc. At 11 yrs hes a good age to start.

10 Likes

So sad, praying for your son :pray:

1 Like

Oohh I’d be clotheslining tombstones that mother… yes I’m that type of mam. Your son asked them to stop and they didn’t that’s not friends nothing but bully’s. Id be feeling same as you I’d he done with her until she corrected her kid/s she’d be equally upset and angry if the shoe was on the other foot.
Plenty of mam hugs and a good chin wag with some pop corn and a good movie xx

3 Likes

I don’t have any advice for you but I am truly sorry for him and you. I know it’s wrong but I want to send my oversized (height) a couple years older son over to put the fear in them.

2 Likes

If this left you heart broken, you’re in for a rough ride…lol

10 Likes

You did the right thing but the other boys can learn from this too . Don’t make your decision to stop the friendship permanently . Just give them time to think abd grow from it . They will all be friends again in a few days abd hopefully better friends because they have all learnt from it, good luck .

5 Likes

Put his little ass in karate or boxing & send him to go beat their asses, once that’s over with let them get some chocolate milks & play some Fortnite :woman_shrugging:t2: they’ll be over it by tomorrow whereas you’re now harping over it & may have just made it worse or at least extended the issue. Kids are relentless. Honestly if he has no bruises on him or anything I’d say they were literally horsing around. It’s just what boys do & they don’t even realize their own strength.

Give him an empty journal and teach him to free write. Let him whirl it out on his own. It’ll do him good. You’ll be on the sidelines and if he decides to share great. If not that’s great too.

3 Likes

At 11 years old those boys personalities are developed, they know right from wrong, they knew it was wrong to punch and tear at your son’s clothes and hurt him. They know how to follow directions and “stop”. Sounds like those two punks have been planning a beat down on your son and that time came. They have anger issues and are jealous and took it out on your son. Kids change. Most all of my sons friends have changed and it started at that age. You did the right thing by cutting ties. They are always going to be bully punks to your son and now you’ve seen it and really know it. They are going to run into each other all the time but just know they will always turn against your son even if they reconcile. Never ever trust or let your son go with either of them alone because next time it will be worse. They both planned the beat down and got hold of your son once, don’t let it happen again. Get your son in some self defense classes for “next time” and you are much more polite than I ever would have been by just calling their mom. I would have had the cops at their house all over that family. Friends since diapers or not. Those punks deserve juvenile detention.

2 Likes

You took it way too far kids fight like this they have been friends forever . You just set your kid up to be made fun of at school.

10 Likes

Get him into some self defence asap. And I’d definitely be on the phone to the police already, that’s not just rough housing.

5 Likes

Back off… kids will go through this their entire childhood. You cannot get involved every time. I agree what those boys did was WRONG!! Making him feel trapped and scared is totally messed up, kids can be cruel.
But you cannot keep them from each other. It’ll never work.

2 Likes

GIRL he’ll be ok. That’s what boys do. It sounds like to me you’re more hurt than him.
He was playing rough as well until they got the best of him. NOW, you about to have him looking stupid at school. Show him how to beat them up one by one

3 Likes

Go to these kids houses and visit each and every one of them and their parents. I did that with the boys who were picking on him. Why am I hear? What did you do to my son. Do you think it’s awesome doing that no it’s not and I won’t tolerate your behaviour. Each kid apologised. My son is crying and feeling very hurt when 3 on 1.

1 Like

When boys see this behaviour as acceptable it happens to boys get real nip it in the butt or they will continue into adulthood.

Now teach him to do it back to them twice as hard!!!

8 Likes

I’d press charges and anyone who uses the excuse “they’re just kids” or “that’s what boys do” is wrong for that excuse. They’re 11. They know right from wrong. In the real world that would have been assault and possibly a hostage charge. If they aren’t held accountable for their actions now they’ll end up doing it to someone else. He is entitled to feeling upset and he even asked them to stop. They weren’t even playing that was straight up being mean. People making excuses for them are probably raising school shooters :roll_eyes: This is why boys feel like they can’t have feelings y’all are literally defending the ones in the wrong. If it was random y’all would have different opinions, but sometimes friends ain’t really friends neither! I just can’t believe I’m seeing some actually defend them. Big yikes

1 Like

I get why your mad, I would b to but stopping the friendship after this 1 issue? I think that abit much…all you have done is left your child alone and vulnerable! Let him make his own choices of who he wants to be friends with. If these boys did this regularly then 100% not a true friendship but on this instance, it’s boy taking play fighting to far and u have just ended your sons years of friendship over it…without even giving him a choice:(

3 Likes

For everyone saying you went to far you didn’t at all. If I found out two kids did that to one of my kids I’d be in jail and their parents would be in bad shape

7 Likes

Go to the house with your son in a day or 2 and see if it can be resolved if not at least you tried and you you can’t do anymore than that.x

1 Like

This just breaks my heart. :weary:

4 Likes

My son is 10 and if any of his “friends” did this… I’d press charges against. They’re not “just boys” this isn’t “playing” this is when you see stories about bully’s who beat someone up so badly the killed someone.

NUH UH… you can go “just be a boy” behind bars you little shits.

This is, and isn’t, a tough one for me.

1. This is bullying straight up! As a Mom I would’ve called the cops and file a report of the incident first. Then I would’ve talked to the parent(s).

2. Put him in a Martial Arts class to build skills that will make his confidence soar. In addition to learning ways to defend themselves, the instructors teach them that they don’t have to deploy their abilities (depending on the situation).

3. Apologize to your son for making him feel like a “tattle tale”. Explain to him that if you hadn’t reacted and something terrible happened to him, you’d never forgive yourself (which is how I would feel). Continue to let him know how blessed you feel that he talks to you about difficult things he’s going through.

4. As he matures in age … little-by-little try taking a backseat when he does talk to you. Let him know you are there for him, and are willing to react in whatever way is appropriate (this is what I did with my babies as they grew older). What this accomplished, was I gave my child the chance to consider what was most suitable regarding the situation at hand. I know I’m going first in this lifetime, and I work to make certain my babies will be well-rounded when I take my last breath.

***side note: All three of my adult babies are very well rounded and make (most of the time) wonderful decisions. They still reach out for my advice from time-to-time … but, mostly handle their own stuff.

Best of of luck to you and your son!

I wouldn’t have ended the friendship…. The boys came to drop off his cell. It would have been a great opportunity to talk to them about friendships and their actions. I would have allowed son to determine how he wants to proceed because I believe figuring out his emotions is all a part of his pruning at this age. But I understand, as moms, our emotions oftentimes gets the best of us…Even siblings gets physical sometimes and it doesn’t mean we destroy the relationship, we teach them how to manage their behavior.

I would meet with the other parent and help the boys to manage their actions/emotions.

15 Likes

Part of this crap is they see it on YouTube and TikTok, so they think it’s ok and want to reenact it. Most of it’s staged but they don’t know that, and they want to do what they see. That’s one reason it’s so important to monitor what your kids are watching and doing online.

2 Likes

Some of y’all are literally making excuses for their behavior and saying this boy should accept their abuse. Y’all are definitely the problem. Y’all also need to google the name Skylar Neese who was killed by her 2 BEST friends or so she thought they were… Friends ain’t always friends and the excuse “this is what boys do” is CRAP. That’s what bullies do. They were straight up being mean. No excuse for that.

27 Likes

The fact that ANYONE thinks it’s okay for kids to hold another kid against their will and hold them down and punch them is okay simply because oh their boys​:roll_eyes::expressionless::thinking: seek help for your fucking self bc YOU are part of the damn problem! These kids are bullies and what they do now as kids and think is okay guess what they grow up and more then likely do even worse shit. Stop excusing bad behavior simply bc they are boys.

First off you need to have a heart to heart with your son and explain to him that what those boys did is totally not okay and they don’t value him as a friend or he’s going to keep being friends with them or others who are bullies and it can happen again later on. Hopefully that will sink in and he can go on and choose better friends.

3 Likes