When can you have sex post partum?

Has anyone had sex two weeks after having birth ? Was it fine ? I was advised to wait 4 to six weeks but my bleeding already stopped ?

137 Likes

You’re setting yourself up for potential infection or pregnancy

6 Likes

I’d wait better safe then sorry❣️

2 Likes

I did with all 4 of my kids and am fine and going to have my 5th in july i would just have him ware a condom because u can get pregnant again vary easily at that time

1 Like

they tell you to wait for a reason :woman_facepalming:t2:. you are susceptible to infection since your uterus is basically just an open wound currently. is sex really worth getting really sick or even dying over? trust me you wanna wait.

15 Likes

It’s a risk of infection to your uterus, it’s literally sticking a dick into an open wound :woman_facepalming:

8 Likes

I mean i had sex a week after i had my daughter. It didnt hurt me. But honestly it probably is better to wait.

1 Like

Just cuz your bleeding stopped doesn’t mean your inards are healed

2 Likes

I waited 8-9 weeks after mine coz I was petrified and it bloody hurt :rofl: I’d wait you body needs to heal

1 Like

I had sex 2-3 weeks later and I was fine

2 Likes

Whatever feels comfortable for you, we’re all different :sparkling_heart:

9 Likes

I did… Are you breastfeeding? If so then breast feeding is a natural birth control. I have 4 boys all planned an spaced out an i swear i dont think i made it more than 3 weeks after each one before we started having sex again. Nothing ever happened an i told my doctor

13 Likes

Your body hasn’t healed yet, the doc told you that for a reason

2 Likes

I had sex a week after :upside_down_face: turned out just fine for me

That’s fucking nasty!

The women saying they had sex before the 6 weeks marker…

1. Have different vaginas, bodies and lives
  2. Probably didnt have the same penis stuck into them as you have.

Doctors go to school for 12 years…for a reason. Other girls got lucky. Dont get medical advice from Facebook. Please

To all the “i did it and im fine posts” good for you, you got lucky. Not everyone will get lucky. We are all different. Id wait atleast 4 weeks.

4 Likes

the problem is you’re risking infection by having sex sooner than 6 weeks if you delivered vaginally.

2 Likes

If you want an infection go ahead. It’s literally sticking a penis into an open wound. You are definitely not healed yet regardless of if you’re still bleeding. At the very least you could end up pregnant again. And Breastfeeding is NOT a reliable form of birth control for those saying that :woman_facepalming: just listen to your doctor. They aren’t telling you to wait to torture you I promise.

I didn’t wait and I was pregnant again at my 6 week check up. I was exclusively breastfeeding and falsely believed I wouldn’t get pregnant again :woman_shrugging:

7 Likes

Just be careful due to infection and the fact that your mega mega fertile x

2 Likes

I waited 1 week after both times I gave birth

2 Likes

Sure it was 9 months later a baby girl

You could get a serious infection. Just because others haven’t doesn’t mean you won’t.

I wanna know how anyone has the energy after 2-3 weeks for sex when you’ve been caring for a newborn, and why is it so hard for anyone to wait the 6 weeks like y’all are told? Lol

11 Likes

I could barely walk 2 weeks after without my bits hurting :joy: took 7 months before attempting to let my sons Dad go near me again after giving birth lol xx

Yup and ended up pregnant

10 Likes

I did and got pregnant. If you don’t want kids 10 months apart- don’t do it. I repeat: DO. NOT. DO. IT. :woman_facepalming:t4::woman_facepalming:t4::woman_facepalming:t4::woman_facepalming:t4:

14 Likes

Can you do it without dying, yes. Should you, no not really. It takes time for stuff internally to heal.

4 Likes

omg just enjoy being a mother for now :roll_eyes: sex can wait

12 Likes

yep and ended up pregnant with twins even though I was on the depo shot… so be careful.

8 Likes

i seriously can’t imagine wanting sex so soon after having a baby. I didn’t want touched for 8 months after having my 2nd. lol

5 Likes

Seriously, y’all can live without sex for 6 weeks. Your body NEEDS TO HEAL. Your vagina just cranked open to 10 FUCKING CENTIMETERS!!! If your man’s dick did that he would not want to have sex for 8 months+ .

Just Do it, and then let us know how it turns out…I myself think I’d listen to my Dr…Sex is not worth my well being…too each their own

2 Likes

Waiting the 6 weeks doesnt have to do with just the fact that your not bleeding anymore your insides need to go back to normal and everything needs to close and heal. Sex or putting anything up there could cause infections.

5 Likes

There’s a reason they tell you to wait the 6 weeks. Some people have sex before and don’t have any issues and some people do have issues. Not everyone is the same. You’re risking infection and don’t believe for a second that you can’t/won’t get pregnant. Your body has been through a massive traumatic event.

3 Likes

You need to give your insides to heal and swelling to go down there a reason wait 6 weeks for your check up

i always waited 2 months. that’s the best. still open. and can get infected… don’t do it

Tell your hubby to keep it in his pants for a few more weeks.

Ha shell be asking for advice soon… I didnt wait the 6 weeks now im pregnant… Dont know how to feel…
There is a reason we are asked to wait 4 to 6 weeks.

3 Likes

Enjoy your soon to be second pregnancy :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I did it exactly a week after birth. I was fine. Just extremely careful.

1 Like

WAITTTTT!!! After my first I only waited 4 weeks and omg was I sore afterwards :sob: we tried to be very gentle but I was still too tore up down there :grimacing:

I did 10 days after my third. My bleeding had stopped and i wasnt in any pain. Just take it easy and lube up.

1 Like

I waited 3 weeks. It was fine. I had csection

I did 2 weeks out with all 3 of my kids.

I had a c-section, and it was going down a week after birth. Just had to be careful about all the motion and stitches. LOL.

we also used precaution to make sure there wasn’t going to be a 9month sequel.

1 Like

I did 12 days pp :woman_shrugging:t5:

And you’re still healing, unless your man can sterilize his penis I wouldn’t do it

Honestly its completely up to you and how you feel. We did 3 weeks after my second and i had stitches and everything went fine. I just wouldn’t advise anything rough lol

3 Likes

No. Don’t do it! It’s not the bleeding you have to worry about. Everything is still healing and shrinking back down to normal size. Having intercourse this early PP can cause serious damage. And how do you even have the energy/desire to have sex 2 weeks PP?! lol

2 Likes

I waited until I was 8 weeks pp, you have to realize there’s a huge hole in your body where your placenta used to be, it needs time to heal, I get that everyone has needs but it’s not worth you 1. Getting pregnant again 2. Not letting your body properly heal & 3. It’s not worth getting an infection.

1 Like

I did a week after… We were super gentle about it. Though I only had 3 stitches.

6 Likes

You have a huge open wound inside of you that takes at LEAST six weeks to heal. Don’t risk infection or health complications.

1 Like

Be careful my doc was not happy I did a week before I was aloud too! They can tell!!

I did at 2 weeks exactly and I was fine :woman_shrugging:t3:

I waited until almost 6 weeks. I also had a 2nd degree episiotomy. It still hurt like hell. I would wait longer to allow for more healing. You could always mess around and not have vaginal intercourse.

JFC WAIT. you have a plate sized hole in your uterus that the placenta detached from! HELLO, INFECTION MUCH!!!

2 Likes

PLEASE STOP RISKING YOUR HEALTH! Here’s some more info and risk factors

https://www.babygaga.com/15-medical-risks-to-being-intimate-too-soon-after-birth/

2 Likes

It has nothing to do with pain or healing from the outside. It’s the dinner plate sized wound left in your uterus from the placenta that needs time to heal. Risk of infection is not worth it.

5 Likes

The 6-8 week recommendation isnt about bleeding, tearing or any of that. It’s because you have a giant wound the size of a dinner plate on your uterus and you are VERY susceptible to a pretty bad infection until its healed.

5 Likes

My question is, was it a vaginal birth or was it Cesarian? All of mine were csection, I was super sore after the first kid and labor for. Few weeks, but my second we went at it like 2 weeks later. My third I waited 3-4wks.

ya and I had a baby 10 mths later

6 Likes

OMG why would you let a man any where near you so close after giving birth when your fanny its ripped to shreds giving him a child my ex maybe asked but was told go use PAM SHE WILL BE YOUR FRIEND FOR AWHILE :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Fuckin hell thats asking for an infection right there :disappointed_relieved:

Two weeks is way too soon. I did it at 6 and it was uncomfortable.

2 Likes

Listen…idk about anyone else but my uterus shrunk rt down, doctors were amazed. I didn’t tear or anything and my guy tried 2 weeks after. I wanted to punch him. But it just depends on your body. Your body will tell you

You’re all giving horrible advice (the ones saying it’s okay) the waiting time has less to do with getting pregnant then it does with your uterus is literally OPEN, annnnnnd once again who evens wants dick that soon after pushing out a tiny human? I didn’t even want to be touched by my man, I could hardly walk why would I want a penis stuck inside of me? Lord :woman_facepalming:t2::woman_facepalming:t2::woman_facepalming:t2::woman_facepalming:t2::woman_facepalming:t2:

Unless you want another baby I would resist the urge. At least til you go back to your dr. You are still recovering

2 Likes

After I had my son I waited a week yes one week but take it slow and don’t do anything rough. If you even get the slightest pain then stop.

I just had my 3rd csection. I had sex 2 weeks after my first. I was fine. I was lucky. I had sex 4 weeks after my 2nd. That’s a better wait but it’s still not long enough. I may not have listened then and I had no consequences but that doesn’t mean it’s a good idea. Doctors suggest 6 weeks for a reason. They know what they’re talking about. This time I’m waiting the full 6 weeks it’s hard n my bf isn’t making it easy n I wanna get it on pretty bad n I’m only 5 days pp but I wanna be healthy and I wanna be safe

That would be last thing on my mind

2 Likes

I did after our second and all was fine :woman_shrugging:

Its awfully easy to get pregnant at this time so put on double protection. Take it slow and easy.

Two weeks is too soon!! Shit do you have enough energy to do that I was dead tired for a least the first month I didn’t even wanna think about it :joy::joy::joy:

it’s not even about the bleeding it’s the wound the placenta left in your uterus please wait.

8 Likes

I waited 6 months lol

I was fine and had a c section. But listen to your own body x

You know sometimes I wonder… are you doing it because you want to? Like have sex? And you’re horny… or are you doing it because you’re afraid your man can’t wait and will end up cheating? So you’d risk your health just so he can get his d—- wet :woman_facepalming:t4::woman_facepalming:t4: smh

8 Likes

I did after like 5 days lol

1 Like

You should wait atleast 6 weeks, but if you feel up too and no one can stop you hun… I waited 6 week, it was not fun I’m not ganna lie… also make sure you wear protection other wise you may have another baby sooner than you may want…

2 Likes

Oh Me God, You Sound like you Dying for Sex. Just wait, You will Get it. Heal First!!

2 Likes

I did it three weeks after. I still had pain from stitches but it was fine. Don’t listen to anyone if you think you can handle it do it.

It’s not about the bleeding it’s about your wound and your placenta and not to mention you can get pregnant right away everything is still wide open

Yikes it’s gonna hurt that soon you have to let your body heal

I did and end up getting bacterial vaginosis… :scream::-1::cry:

1 Like

Omg… What in the actual… There is a recommendation for a reason… Not to mention, who the HELL wants anything down there after pushing a baby out!! Well apparently more than i would have thought… Smh

2 Likes

I didn’t wait and boom was pregnant! My girls are 11 months apart they are both 24 right now having babies of their own! I lived and I’m sure you will too!! If you feel up to it do it just know that your chances are much higher to get pregnant so use protection!

1 Like

Just because your bleeding stopped, does not mean your inside is healed. Play with your clit if u must, but do not have sex. Best to wait & do as your dr advised

We did it a week after our baby was born. No tearing or bleeding. And got on bc 2 days after he was born because me and my ob was scared since I quit bleeding 24hrs after I had him that we would have sex and get prego right after.

Most fertile after birth. And they tell you to wait for a reason. You have an open wound inside you. Any sort of bacteria introduced could set up a very nasty, painful, and dangerous infection.

3 Likes

You’re a lot more fertile right after giving birth. So make sure you use protection if you dont want babies less than a year apart lol but no one can stop you. You’re grown, it’s up to you. You’re supposed to wait so that you can heal completely. Also, alot of people say the first time you have sex after baby is uncomfortable or painful but for me it was fine. I had no pain. But keep lube handy just in case.

I did. Ended up having pp hemorrhaging. Which I nearly died over. I had to have 2 blood transfusions. Was in the hospital for nearly 3 wks

1 Like

Omg it hurt so bad total regret!

Ways to get pregnant immediately after giving birth 101.

6 Likes

Why would you want to do it two weeks out from giving birth lmao be normal and wait :joy:

1 Like

You need to wait cause your uterus is still an open wound basically. Do you really want to risk an infection or getting pregnant again?

7 Likes

I am pretty sure I waited the full six weeks and can tell you that I was sure the doctor had completely sewn my vagina closed because it was so uncomfortable. But that was me. The Doctor recommend a lot of lube, protection and patience.

How about wait for your cervix to close properly and don’t risk a serious infection. :thinking:

2 Likes

Yes we did and it made me bleed more even after

2 Likes