When can you have sex post partum?

They say 6 weeks because your very fertile after giving birth and you have a high risk of infection… I waited 7 weeks until my doctor said it was okay AND I got my IUD…

1 Like

They tell you not to because you could have a pulmonary embolism and die.

2 Likes

I definitely wouldn’t I know some do and I know a lot get pregnant… not to mention your cervix is open and you risk getting an infection by sticking anything up there…

3 Likes

Wait the six weeks, bleeding may have stopped but that doesn’t mean you are healed and your cervix doesn’t close in two weeks. Which brings even more risk of infection. There are other ways to still be intimate that don’t involve putting your body through something that could be a huge risk

4 Likes

Holy Jesus!!! You just pushed a bowling ball out of your lady bits… give her a well deserved break!!!

15 Likes

My first time after was about a week (after my 3rd, 4th and 5th.) I was already done bleeding and it didnt hurt. Was a tad more sore after my 5th but it wasnt unbearable. But everyone says that was crazy to do so idk :rofl:

Listen to your doctor.

I was too scared to try before the 4 weeks was up! It hurt just to walk up until then! I can not imagine after only 2 weeks.

1 Like

Ugh that was the last thing on my mind… no way.

1 Like

There’s a reason doctors tell you these things. Idk why people take it upon themselves to do what they want just because they feel better. I know several people who didn’t listen and were pregnant by their 6 week follow up. I also know someone who got an infection. Like come on, you seriously can’t go 6 weeks without sex? :roll_eyes:

13 Likes

Go by how you feel. I’ve waited 2-8 weeks between my 4 kids. Sometimes it caused my bleeding to start up again and other times I noticed nothing. They recommend this to give your body a break… giving birth is considered major trauma (down there) and you do need to make sure you take measure to assure it heals well. Just be cautious.

Wait. HONEY JUST WAIT.

1 Like

I always wait 5 months to have sex after giving birth . I get scare thinking my thing :joy_cat: will open again :joy::joy:

1 Like

Your probably pregnant again

2 Likes

WAIT it’s about the infection risk

There is a reason they say wait. Look up the size of the wound in your belly after birth…you need time to heal. It’s not just cause your bleeding.

1 Like

:raised_hand: wait infection risk are very high cervic is open breastfeed to heal it quikly and it will go back and close fast risk of getting pregnant again its better to wait let your body heal thetes other things you guys can do for 1another :laughing:

2 Likes

I did my dr told me if my bleeding stopped and I was comfortable with it then go ahead.

Why risk it? What kind of man would let you risk it?
Just wait your 6 weeks :woman_facepalming:t3:

7 Likes

I advise waiting. I only waited 3 weeks. I didn’t have any issues but still doesn’t make it smart.

1 Like

Ok Dr says wait for a reason, infection, pregnancy again your more fertile. Really I don’t see how you could. I was in pain way after sis weeks after all my kids. If your afraid of your SO can’t wait they can their balls won’t fall off. Wait please! Just because just because others are ok not everyones bodies are ok. :unamused:

Listen to your doctors…
patience’s is a virtue :wink:

4 Likes

Fuck that i waited months and months lol no Thank you!

It’s mostly because your uterus is healing. I mean, an organ just got ripped out of it. :person_tipping_hand: Lol! It takes approximately 6 weeks for your uterus to heal where your placenta once was.
**If you tore, your stitches also need about 4 weeks to heal, as well.

5 Likes

You still have an open wound on your uterus from your placenta detaching…risk for infection

4 Likes

6 weeks… you can get Prego right away

1 Like

You couldn’t have paid me to do the deed just 2 weeks out. 6-7 weeks was worse than losing my virginity 10x over.

8 Likes

Get ready 'cause you about to pop another one!:rofl::joy::rofl:

2 Likes

If you don’t want to wait (can’t blame you lol) at least use a condom. Just to avoid any infection and ,of course, another pregnancy, unless you like having two children less than a year apart… lol

They tell you to wait bc your insides are healing. :person_facepalming:
Plus, you’re HIGHLY likely to get pregnant within that time frame.
There’s other ways to get off if you really can’t wait, but why risk it?

1 Like

The risk for infection was enough to make me wait until my dr okayed it!

The risk of introducing infection into a healing vagina is huge.

They recommend 6-8 weeks for a reason. Probably best to listen to trained medical professionals opposed to random people on fb

1 Like

Years ago My midwives told me my body would be healed with 11 days of birth if I wanted to have sex.
I didn’t…it seemed impossible to me to be healed.
But they insist it’s the truth. Lol

Should wait your still healing

1 Like

We waited like a week and a half I think.

I did at 3 weeks…made me start bleeding but not bad

Wait the 6 weeks like the dr said. Your body has to have time to heal with something like childbirth.

3 Likes

I would recommend waiting 6 weeks.

I tore giving birth and with just my husbands head in it felt like I was ripping from the inside out.

1 Like

Your medically trained doctor doesn’t tell you shit just to hear him/herself talk.

How do you even have the drive to? After being pregnant, giving birth, healing, caring for an infant and a 4 n 8 year old, I’m checked all the way out from having sex haha

3 Likes

I had a C section and I did. Had no complications but everyone isn’t the same.

Its too easy to get an infection that soon.

2 Likes

I didnt even wait a week. Pretty sure it was like 3 days with my last kid. But we used protection. But I ended up having a csection.

1 Like

Should wait especially if you had an episiotomy or torn

I did. Just no rough stuff :wink:

It’s not the bleeding. You may feel fine but your vagina has not recovered enough. There’s a reason they tell you 6 weeks.

Seriously…you need strangers to tell you to have sex or not!!! Do what you want!!!

1 Like

That’s straight up nasty ur womb haven’t heal properly no time at all u a damage yoself likkle girl an wen him start tell yo seh yo pu**y get big doe seh ntn caz a u fling it up gi him all wen yo fuck him 2weeks afta giving birth still caw mek him doe gi yo bun…for me him would a of to Go look pussy outta road fuck Caz mi nah push out nuh baby outta my pussy an den go fuck a could a mi babydaddy my daughter a 1year an 3months an mi still nah fuck an a 1year now mi av har nave nuh feelings fi man yah now u good doe give yoself time to heal properly girl if him love yo him will understand an did wait no sah smh

Personally I waited 5.5 weeks, if ask your doctor :person_shrugging:

Your body is literally a huge gaping wound. If you had a cut on your hand that had stopped bleeding but was still not healed would you put it in dog poop?

2 Likes

I think we waited 3-4 and I was fine

They tell you to wait for a few reasons but the main one being infection. Your cervix is still open and very prone to infection. Also, getting pregnant again. You are very VERY fertile right now. I say no… Wait the 6 weeks.

1 Like

I didnt want after my 2nd born nd ended up pregnant so my 2nd born nd 3rd born are 10 months aprt

I’d wait you can get a bad infection

2 Likes

Yes and then got pregnant right away

1 Like

All if a cut yo get it still stand ur womb has to heal ur belly nave nuh bottom yah now an ur pu**y sloppy watery softy softy like potty

I didn’t wait more than a month… I had c sections with all my babies.

If your mate doesn’t respect you and your. body you don’t need him wait it will make it better than ever when you have sex

3 Likes

Try not to do it girl try to wait at least the 6 weeks so you dont harm yourself or cause anymore damage to your lady parts or cause a infection not saying you will get one but id just wait to be safe. You kno your body better then anyone i just suggest to give your body some time to heal.

2 Likes

Yes. We had sex 2 weeks post partum. I didn’t have any tears, stitches, or anything. My bleeding lasted 2 weeks and so we decided to have sex. It hurt obviously but it was fine for me.

1 Like

I did It a week after I had my son and I was sore but I was fine. But on the safe side I would wait .

1 Like

I wasn’t even thinking about sex bc my vag was so sore

1 Like

They ask you to wait due to 1) healing 2) risk of infection and 3) fertility is extremely high. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

I waited til I had my post OP at 6wks and doctor cleared me. I want taking no chances ripping down there or fuckinup my stitches. I would wait girl.

2 Likes

Chances of pregnancy are at an all time high too…so if u do end up doing it just be super careful and use protection.

1 Like

I did three weeks after Drs said wait for nine to ten weeks but was fine and did ended up getting pregnant again,now I got a two year old that’s only 11 months and one week apart from his older two year old almost three year old brother :joy:

1 Like

GIRL let your damn vagina heal

I did a week in a half after my emergency c section. The hormones were killer. But I got depo the day I left the hospital. Not saying I condone it I do know the risks but luckily I was fine.

I did a week later… I didnt rip nor was I cut…it felt like the 1st time all over again… lol

Don’t know why anyone would want to…you literally just put your body through a trauma…all you’re doing by having sex that early is chancing either an infection or getting pregnant again…

2 Likes

I always waited til I got birth control :joy:

I waited my kids are all three years four years apart

I did right after and it was fine. :+1: And didn’t get pregnant and wasn’t on any birth control ha :joy: your fine as soon as your ready to.

Yeah and got pregnant

3 Likes

Two weeks and no bleeding? dang! I waited months :woman_shrugging: ouch + babies too close together.

I waited until my 6 week checkup

2 Likes

No just wait, geez give your body time.

6 Likes

I was told to wait so I would not get pregnant right away

I’m sorry but how do some of you find the time or energy even 2 weeks after having a child to have sex? :joy:
Mines 18 months and I’m still too tired. :sob:

11 Likes

been 6 weeks for me from a planned c section do I wanna have sex of course but the body should be healed …i think it’s more of is your body healed over pleasure ??

1 Like

I was released at 3 weeks, just do what your dr says is okay. :woman_shrugging:

I had sex after 2.5 weeks. I was fine. I heard it can be painful for a lot of women, but I felt fine.

You should wait since your body is still recovering, can lead to bleeding again and/or infection

2 Likes

Shit, I waited …I was in no mood shape or form to have sex… Plus we r extremely fertile after childbirth so …yeah I’d wait…and advise to wait​:person_shrugging::person_facepalming::baby::kissing_heart:

Depends on the “damage” you sustained. After my first, with 17 stitches(!!!) it was a no go for 12 weeks. Second time, (no damage) three weeks :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

You could rip yourself.

2 Likes

You’re highly fertile the first 6 weeks after birth.

2 Likes

I did at 2 weeks, but I didn’t tear or have any stitches. I also had fertility issues so I wasn’t too worried about getting pregnant. Use a condom I guess.

I did lmao. Make sure you use protection!

I honestly had sex the day I realized I wasn’t bleeding, I started bleeding slightly again but not enough to freak my fiance out lmfap

I waited 3 weeks. Was supposed to wait 6

1 Like

Maybe a few weeks at most :joy: both myself and partner have high sex drives. I had a c section though and I was sent home on liquid morphine so I was pretty numbed up but yeah. All fine. No pregnancy after either thank god

Your body needs time to heal. Even if you didnt have any problems with delivery. Dr. Knows best.

1 Like

I did and got pregnant
My babes are 9 months and 2 days apart

3 Likes

Am i thr only one confused by all the angry reacts on this?!

5 Likes

3 weeks. Best sex ever and no bleeding or pain.

2 Likes

This makes me hurt lol

2 Likes

Holy Heal man! Lmao :joy:

I waited 3 months! Damn at least wait 2 months! You’re still sore with back pain, plus where would u find the time with a newborn/ trying to heal yourself?!!!