When can you have sex post partum?

Um no. U need tp wait till your 6 week check up anf get the ok. U could get really bad infections like life or DEATH situations. Wait it out

1 Like

Yes. I’ve done it 4 days after. Just use protection

Easy together pregnant

I was supposed to wait 6 after my csection but I didn’t. I regretted it. I guess maybe it depends? Probably not the best idea if you hadn’t even stopped bleeding like me…but…I would imagine if the bleeding stopped maybe it’s different??

Use a condom the odds triple after giving birth to get pregnant again

2 Likes

I did 1 day after giving birth…

2 Likes

Don’t know how anyone has sex before 6 weeks makes me cringe just thinking about it :person_gesturing_no:t3:

15 Likes

Need to wait out the six weeks after giving birth. You basically have an open wound on the inside from all of the stress to your body from giving birth. The six weeks is to give your body time to heal, and if you have sex before that you put yourself at serious risk for deadly infection.

4 Likes

You should wait until 6 weeks… you need to have that check up first to make sure everything is okay with you.

3 Likes

You could get a bad infection don’t chance it

2 Likes

I’m reading these comments from the cheaters. So many questions. Did you need sex THAT badly? (Especially the comment saying they had sex 24 hrs after birth). If you had a vaginal birth- you’re setting yourself up for infection, tearing your stitches…etc., also you’re as swollen as F so how could you even FEEL anything? AND probably a little numb so that takes most the fun out of it on your end. Unless you did it because you were worried your man might cheat if you followed the 6 week healing recommendations from a DOCTOR! Seriously- it’s alarming.

5 Likes

Please don’t sometimes you have to do what’s best for you.

Yep and now my boys are the same age for one month every year !

1 Like

Jesus yall, wait the 6 weeks. They don’t tell you to wait because sex may be owie, you have a gaping hole inside you from where your placenta was that is easily susceptible to infection. Not to mention you’re extremely fertile. No sex is worth risking me taking care of a newborn while extremely sick or getting knocked up again

8 Likes

My God I swear I went on a year and a half hiatus. Lol

4 Likes

I was terrified but I did at 6 weeks. Everything was good… lol

I did it really fast after my first one and it was barely a quickie and I got prego again!!!

You have to heal in there

2 Likes

I had sex 3 weeks after. My bleeding stopped fully. As long as ur not bleeding you’re fine

They say to wait cuz you’re very fertile after having a baby

I didnt even wanna look at a peen yet lol

5 Likes

Wait! Just wait! In the mean time, flirt, make out, fool around a little bit, build up the sexual tension so when yall do finally have sex again, itll be so good youll be glad you waited.

It’s so your insides can repair too it’s not just all about the bleeding but if you do please wear a condom!

Mind you you are extra extremely fertile the first 3 months after having in NH a baby!

1 Like

Easier to get pregnant again

Did you get any stitches or tear? If so, wait longer or you will tear again

Sex was the last thing on my mind after having a baby. Maybe 2 months after…

It’s very ill advised listen to your doctor and wait

We had sex a week after because I wasn’t bleeding and more. It was a bloody show!!! Don’t do it! It was so bad!
The we did again 2 weeks after that (3 wks PP) take it “soft/slow” and I was fine then.

I waited the whole 6 weeks and it was worth it. I had no more pain after that.

I did at 2-3 weeks, just take it slow

NO NO NO. There is a REASON your doc and every other doc in the world says to wait. Good lord.

3 Likes

It is not recommended for specific reasons. The dr knows more than we do and just because your aren’t bleeding or hurting your body has had some pretty serious trauma happen to it and it definitely isn’t healed. You can get infections or even cause more damage by not waiting at least close to the 6 weeks.

2 Likes

I did and wound up knocked up when I went
For my 8 week check
Up . My kids are 10 and 1/2 months apart

2 Likes

Yup. Don’t do it! I ended up pregnant right after!

Had a csection… had sex 1.5 weeks after… had no issues… had no complications or bleeding… wore a condom just to be safe. And placed dark towel down.:woman_shrugging: to each their own

I waited 9 weeks and it was EXCRUCIATING

1 Like

Asking for an infection. You literally lost an entire body part (cervix). You’re cervix. You’re cervix acts as a barrier to infections in your uterus.
Add to that, the fact that your estrogen levels drop causing vaginal dryness…another avenue for infection, not to mention pain.:weary:

It took almost a year to make that tiny human. Give your uterus a vacation!

4 Likes

Yes. It hurt a little at first, but then it was fine after a couple minutes.

I did with my first only a week after and I didn’t end up pregnant but we used protection

Am I the only person that thinks a doctor with a decade more (give or take) of education might know better than I do? Keep it in your pants for the sake of your body properly recovering, and for the sake of not getting pregnant again so soon.

11 Likes

i waited a month and a half and it still hurt… give it some time. spend time with ya babes. don’t have to be physical.

1 Like

Your body just went through a huge trauma of giving birth! Give it a break.

1 Like

Tell that damn man to sleep on the couch!

haha i’m about to have my 3rd daughter and my oldest is only 2 and a few months she was 2 in december, im due in june. it’ll be 3 under 3 haha we’re happy though xx but i would suggest waiting and taking precautions because yes you can and will get pregannt again and again if youre not careful haha have a nice day all x

I had sex 3 weeks after but I had a c section so it didnt hurt and we used a condom. My niece had sex 3 weeks after her C and got pregnant

1 Like

If your bleeding already stopped an if you have stitches an they are gone ya go for it

1 Like

I waited 12 weeks because I was afraid after the c section lol

I waited 3 months with stitches

1 Like

Your placenta literally leaves a gigantic wound inside of your body. You quit bleeding, so its basically in scab stage. You really wanna risk something going in there that can cause infection?

Sex will still be there in 3 more weeks.

15 Likes

You should wait. It’s about healing.

2 Likes

Wait the 4 weeks at least!!

How do you even think about that? Is he pressuring you?

Its not all about the bleeding… your body really needs the healing.

1 Like

I was sex raped and had my 2nd… the time off if you can…

if you feel ready and your not in pain you can do it its after all your body and if you feel fine then go for it

2 Likes

We did after 2wks coz I stopped bleeding early also and didnt tear or have stitches. He was more afraid than i was tbh… but it was good! Didnt feel any different to usual and if anything i was more sensitive (in a good way) lol xx

2 weeks here and I’m fine

The doctors told you 4 weeks for a reason.

I waited 8 months was the last thing on my mind. The only thing I wanted to do in bed was sleep x

1 Like

I’m not GNA say do it and I’m not GNA say don’t do it … what I will say is this, you ARE A GROWN WOMAN, it’s your body do WTHE you want with it… Yes there are risks, there are things that could probably happen and then again nothing may happen. I personally have but that was my choice. I did not get pregnant (I know I could definitely had) I didn’t get an infection ( I know I could have) and I don’t remember it hurting ( yes it could have)… You asked for advice from peoples personal experience, not should you or shouldn’t you, which is the answers you are mainly getting. Even a doctor will tell you all they can do is warn you about the POSSIBILE risks they can’t tell you or make you for that matter go either way. It’s not my place or really anyone else’s to judge you for wanting to, thinking about, or possibly even doing! ITS YOUR BODY DO WITH IT WHATEVER YOU WANT. I do suggest doing a little medical, not fb, research if your not sure. Good luck and you decide, not social media or your SO.

This may be a personal preference, but why would you even want to at 2 weeks??? I mean, more power to you, but 1)you literally just had a tiny human push through your vajay (assuming you had a vbirth) ONLY 2 weeks ago, and 2) how the hell do you have energy for that if you’re taking care of a newborn??!!? I’ve got a damn sexy husband who (lucky for me) wants to do the dirty all the time, but I still waited until 4 weeks, so to all you 2 weekers out there, you crazy :joy::joy:
For me, I waited mostly bc I knew I wasn’t healed yet, even though I stopped bleeding quickly too. That isn’t the only indicator as to whether or not you’re healed. You just gave birth 2 WEEKS ago, sex will still happen if you give yourself more time to recover

I recommend waiting you are highly fertile for at least 4 weeks so if you give in use a condom

1 Like

Almost 3 three weeks and I was fine. Everyone is different

Sure if you ready for another baby

1 Like

Your Not Healed!!! Yet!!

The reason to wait is due to risk of infection with cervix open and uterus shedding

9 Likes

Its best to wait sweety… Give your body time to heal properly…

The issue is that even though you weren’t bleeding you are still healing and susceptible to a raging infection that can get into your blood much faster than after a month of waiting. So if you get a fever get to the doctor extra fast.

It’s the reason we sak you to wash your hands before using the bathroom after just having a baby. The less educated the mom the more apt she is not to wash her hands before going to the bathroom and more likely she is to spike a fever in the first 48 hours after birth. Germs are a huge issue. I would wash before and after going for at least a few weeks. Same reason no tub baths or swimming, things have to heal up.