When did your child stop sleeping in your bed?

He isn’t gonna be a teenager and sleeping in your bed… Enjoy the time he wants to spend now… Don’t sweat the small stuff. Let him be with you :heart:

14 Likes

If your really worried why not hang out and snuggle with him till he falls asleep??

1 Like

My daughter is 9, and while we never coslept she will still crawl in bed with me sometimes. And when dad goes out of town, she gets to sleep in bed with me lol.

My son kept waking me in middle of night I told him he could come in our bedroom but could not get in our bed. He was cool with bringing in his pillow and conforter and sleeping on the floor.

Ummm never , you shouldn’t let your kids sleep w you on your bed , horrible habit to break , on occasion we let it happen on weekend , movie night but only that. I don’t think it’s appropriate for him to sleep with you when boyfriend is there either. The sooner you start breaking bad habits the better.

My daughter is 6 and sleeps in my bed almost every night. I figure all too soon she will never want to sleep in my bed again and I’m ok with it for now. Especially if your boyfriend is ok with it. My boyfriend usually sleeps in the couch when he sleeps over once a week or so. I snuggle with him until we’re ready to fall asleep and then I go back into my bed because I know my daughter will be climbing into my bed around 2 am without fail.

My son was 10 when he finally stopped sleeping with me

I am 40 and I still would sleep in my parents bed if I lived at home!

When I was trying to get my son to sleep in his bed instead of ours the doctor told me to get a sleeping bag and put it on the side of the bed that’s where he was to lay and then every few days I’d move it if you a few more inches towards the door you can’t cross this line we told him and he slept on the floor for a while in the sleeping bag but then decided bed was better thanks for the advice Doctor

We very rarely let our kids sleep with us. Maybe if they were sick or a nightmare.

My kids always slept with me. I didn’t mind at all. By 4th or 5th grade they out grew it and slept in their own beds.

My husband passed away when my daughter’s were 10 and 11. My oldest was ok but my little one was devastated. She slept with me for a long time. I had a big king bed. Who cares? She’s 21 now and I’m lucky if I can get her to watch a movie with me!!!

Co sleeping is never a good idea. Take him back yo his own bed. Start the process now. Break that habit.

My daughter slept with me till she was 11!!! It had to be on her time, not when everyone thinks it should be done

Dont worry. When he is about 10 he wont want To be anywhere near you. He will not be in your bed forever. Just enjoy the cuddles while you can!

Mine will sleep with me when my husband ends up going to hospital. Last time they was 15 and 11

Let him. There will come a day when it will be the last day and you will look back and miss it so much. It’s happened to me.

I tell my 10 yr old daughter she will still be sleeping with me even after shes married. And so will her kids but her husbnd can’t :laughing:

Yes let him stay before you know it they are off to collage then you’ll be so sorry you didn’t let him stay !

Our children NEVER slept in our bed! They are adults now.

He won’t be little for long. Listen to the song “it won’t be like this for long” by darius rucker. Puts things in perspective!

Set boundaries and stick with it. Let him sleep on

My children never slept in our bed.that is a time for my husband and I.my children and I are very close and have always known and still do know that I’m there for them but they also understood that their dad is just as important to me as they are

Our kids never slept in our bed, when they were born they had a bassinette for a few weeks in our room, then were moved into a crib, and when they grew out of the crib they had their own bed in their own room.

My son is almost 12 and still comes and gets in my bed but not every night

I just move them back in to their bed no matter how about times it’s takes a night they need to no where their bed is… and when it’s time to stay in it

I have two boys still at home that are 12 and 13. They still love climbing in bed with me several nights a week…We co-slept from birth until age 7/8. They always had their own beds but would still sleep with me. After ages 7/8 they slept in their own beds regularly but still climbed in with me often. My oldest son is 21 and no longer lives at home—he never wanted to sleep with me. Always liked his own space even as an toddler.

There is no age limit to when you child stops sleeping in your bed , they will decide , enjoy while you can it soon stops

I bed shared or co slept with all 3 of my kids. Currently have my 3.5 year old in our bed. We upgraded to a king bed because apparently her brand new bunk bed just isnt “good enough” bc mommy isnt there.

He will quit when he is ready, enjoy it while you can. They grow up too fast!

My daughter never slept in our bed. After bassinet, she went to crib. She was a good sleeper so rarely got up in the night. It’s OK to hate me!

My 8yr old does it once in awhile…especially if he had a bad dream

Kids shouldn’t sleep in your bed

My daughter is 10 and will occasionally sneak in bed. My middle is 7 and my twins 3 and they have never asked to sleep in our bed or sneak in. Depends on the kid.

They are only little once. You can’t get time back. Cherish it while you can.

None of my three ever slept in my bed. My last was probs the most independent but I was very good about putting them in their crib from day one. Good luck to you!

You should just enjoy the snuggle and closer time with him it doesn’t last long

Mine was in my bed till they went to sleep then I put th in there beds they were all new borns

My daughter would make a pallet on the floor and sleep there because daddy farted in his sleep lol. She did thattill 11 or 12. She still snuggles in to watch movies at 16

Never started co sleeping. Not a good habit to start, its very dangerous when they are babies! All my kids slept in a bassinet in my room until they out grew it and moved into their crib in their own room.

Never let them start to begin with. Cuddle time is fine or whatever but they slept in their own bed.

Never was allowed in my house…everyone needs their rest.

Neither of my children slept in my bed ever. Bad habit and difficult to break

My sons 8 and still does this.

Take him back to his bed when he does this, you need to break him of that habit

1 Like

Hold them whenever you can. We are never too old to need mommas love. 59 and would give anything to be next to my mom.

My 3 kids NEVER slept in our bed. Never!!! I was smarter than to let that start.

Never got it started. If you don’t start a habit, you don’t have to worry about how to break it later. :woman_shrugging:

I think it’s wonderful that your boyfriend doesn’t mind the extra little body in bed with him. He’s a keeper!

I had 7 kids none of them slept with us. I also had 2 step. They all keep each other company.

I used to make monster spray with water and some perfume. We had a ritual every night where we would spray on old wash cloths and then place in different areas like the closet, window sills, on top of the toy box, under the bed etc. The real trick was to sneak one under her pillow (so she would smell it all night). I started this after I told her it was magic “Monster be gone spray” and everyone knows that monsters don’t go where it smells nice! My youngest was the only one I had to do this for!

My grandson is 7 he told me he is going to sleep with me forever and I am ok with that cause I know soon he will change his mind

Mine is 6 and does this every night. Enjoy it while you can. They’re only little for so long.

Mine never did. They learned early they have a bed

My son is 7 and comes in almost every night
My daughter is 5 abs does the same :joy:

Our 7 year old still do, when we let them. Usually about once a week each. Relish it, one day it ends!

If he must sleep in your room get him his own little bed or pull out mattress

I had 9 children all slept in my bed…never used a crib …at about 3 when tbe next came tbey would transfer to toddler bed

Never co slept with my kids.

1 Like

When the next one came along and the last one at 3.

Mine never slept in bed with me. .maybe for a few naps. But always in their cribs. Or swings

Lol. My daughter is 11 and still occasionally sleeps in my bed.

Honestly… he’ll out grow it. If he is comfortable and feels safe, leave him be.

9 Likes

My son slept in his own bed from day 1.

My youngest did this…as soon as I discovered him in our bed…I immediately got up and carried him back to his bed - a few times, of doing this, he stayed in his own bed.

That’s not normal, miss Follins, you sound like a family of freaks,

There only little for such a short time…enjoy the snuggles!!

2 Likes

Sleeping with bio parent is one thing NOT with the BF

3 Likes

He should sleep in his own bed !

1 Like

My special needs daughter sleeps with me still and she’s 7 1/2.

1 Like

Put him back in his bed. He’s to old to still be sleeping with you, let alone you and your boyfriend!

7 Likes

Never ! Break him of that habit or he will be doing it for years

1 Like

Never allowed to sleep in our bed

1 Like

My boys never slept in our bed

1 Like

The only times was when they were sick!!

Mine never did so we didn’t have that problem.

should have his own bed. Maybe he is scare in his bedroom.

He won’t graduate sleeping in your bed-
He’s only little once💙

My kids didn’t sleep in my bed

Let him. He is saying he needs the extra love.

Mine did till he was 8. Miss those days.

He won’t do it forever believe me.

Let him sleep with you. He won’t always want to.

When she left for college

Let him, enjoy him every moment you can. Soon these moments will come farther away!

My daughter stopped at 16 months

He’ll stop soon then you’ll miss those times… he’s fine

Never let them sleep in my bed at night

Take him back to his room… But my brother slept in the bed with my mom till he was 10 or 11… He suffered from ptsd and attachment disorder from being ripped out of the bed in the middle of the night while my mom performed cpr on my dad and then watching him die when he was 3

1 Like

My daughter has separation anxiety due to her dad being in and out of her life. She has her own bed. I let her snuggle. She’ll only be little once and soon enough, they won’t want to snuggle up.

1 Like

Neither of mine wanted to sleep with me.

My kids did not sleep in my bed.

He will grow out of it.

Mine never sleep in my bed

1 Like

take him back to his bed

Tell him that you will have to be putting him back on bed when he comes to yours, if you’re ready for him to stop. My now 6 yo son came to my bed in the night, I would hold him and kiss him but carry him back to bed. But I always told him prior, “if you come to moms bed in the night I will have to take you back to your bed”

1 Like

My kids do and I don’t push it as they are only little for so long. Cherish the moments. Sooner than later he will be grown and out on his own. I dont personally think 5 is to old. Maybe 7

Never slept in my bed

Mama those boys will always love your bed lol.

Mine was about 5 or 6… He didn’t like his toddler bed because the mattress was so noisy(one of those plastic covered crib mattresses.) I got him a new twin bed when he started school and told him that’s he’s going to be in school, and needs to start sleeping in his own bed because he has to go to bed way earlier. And he was fine. It took some adjustment time but he finally got it… Or, let him fall asleep in your bed, and then carry him in to his.