When do babies stop drinking cows milk?

The question at what age did your baby stop cow’s milk? my girl’s 2yrs and 3months, two days she hasn’t had much to do with cows milk she finally took one before bed last night

17 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. When do babies stop drinking cows milk? - Mamas Uncut

My son is 3.5 and hardly drinks milk in general. Some kids dont like it & thats okay. Theres other ways for your kiddo to get vit D & calcium if you’re worried about that.

Why would you want your kid to quit drinking milk? Put some chocolate syrup in it.

3 Likes

We all drink milk thru out our whole lives…

7 Likes

Milk is good for bone growth. A persons bones don’t stop growing until they are 25. Keep giving it

5 Likes

My kids are 16, 15 and 6… They drink a gal a day almost! Never stopped!

5 Likes

Mine stopped around 2 so we started puttin chocolate syrup in it…hes 6 and still drinks chocolate milk but rarely regular

2 Likes

Consult with pediatrician she should be drinking and eating dairy for many more years of development

2 Likes

Uhhh do you as an adult never drink milk? This is a weird question.

11 Likes

My son is 2 years and 6 months q still loves cows milk

1 Like

My kids 26 and still drinks milk regularly. I’m not sure I understand why you want your kid to stop drinking it. Or maybe I don’t understand the question. If you’re worried about them not drinking milk, try other things like soy, or almond milk. Talk to your dr about pedicare. Chocolate milk maybe but be careful with the cavities with chocolate.

5 Likes

My kids 6 and 10 have milkshakes and milk in their cereals oldest will drink milk if in mood youngest won’t touch it on its own

My youngest stopped drinking cows milk because it hurt her stomach. Found out later that she’s lactose intolerant

1 Like

My 3 year old drinks way less now then he used to. But I’m 30 and still drink it, so I’m going to say never :joy:

4 Likes

By 2, mine only had water… Half glass of milk with lunch. That was it.

I’m 35 and I still drink cows milk

2 Likes

Cows milk is gross anyway. Talk to her pediatrician first, but I’d ask about coconut or almond milk🙂

3 Likes

:persevere: it’s nasty give them something else like almond milk

2 Likes

Humans are the only species that consume milk past infancy. It’s truly not needed, (providing you’re getting nutrients from other sources)
Personally I don’t like the taste of it neither do my kids.

Stop or start?
Mine started around 4-5 months. As far as I know they haven’t really stopped yet… they’re (almost) 20 & 27.

3 Likes

My girls still drink it and they’re almost six and almost seven, though they mostly drink water. I do keep Almond milk at home because I’m allergic to dairy, but they’ll drink regular milk other places. It just depends on family dynamics and your child’s medical history. Do what works best for you and her.

My kids drink it daily if your concerned talked to your pediatrician. You could also try soy, coconut or almond milk

I mean I’m 26 and still drink it :joy: my oldest stopped having a bottle about 3.5 (still has it in a cup during the day though) and my youngest is still breastfed so hasn’t really started bottles yet

I mean it’s really your preference as well as your kiddos. Technically dairy is a staple in their diet until they’re at least what 10??? Idk I know you can supplement with other choices such as almond and oat and what not but it has to be replaced somehow.

They recommend starting at 1 year . You can stop anytime and choose to do a non dairy alternative like almond milk .

1 Like

I’m 28 and still drink it… my daughter doesn’t ask for it and she’s 2. Usually only drinks it when I have cereal.

My boys are 7 and 10 and we go through 3 big bags of milk a week. We are avid milk drinkers good for the bones. :wink:

3 Likes

If he’s starting to not like the milk by it’s self try to add some strawberry or chocolate to it

Mine had milk from 12 months to a year and a half. For the last 3 years we’ve switched to almond milk. My kids are 5, 6, 9, 11&12.

It’s not necessary. As long as she’s eating dairy or other things with calcium.

1 Like

Mom of 13, 9, and 5 yr olds…we all drink cows milk. I go through a gallon in like 2 days. I drink the most. They maybe have a glass each a day not including with their cereal.

1 Like

All my kids drink milk pretty much daily… they range from 3-12 years old

My brother will be 50 and still drinks it

1 Like

All of my kids still drink cow’s milk and they range from 19 to 6 years old. They all started drinking cow’s milk at 11 months old.

1 Like

My now 3 yr old hasn’t had cow’s milk literally since his 1st bday. Whenever we took his bottle away, he associated milk with bottles and never wanted it again. He will not drink it. :woman_shrugging:t3:

I’m 468 months old and still enjoy cows milk a few times a week .:rofl:

19 Likes

My 5&7 never drank it as babies and still don’t. They just don’t like it :woman_shrugging:t2:

…they stop? I’m 37 and still drink milk

6 Likes

I didn’t know kids stopped lol :joy: my three year old loves milk and so do I lol :joy:

2 Likes

My kids are 2 and 4 and they love milk and I hope they continue to like it

Umm babies don’t drink cow’s milk. Toddler’s do. :relaxed:

I started my kids on it before they turned 1 year old and that are fine.

1 Like

We do not actually need cow’s milk.
As long as they’re getting enough other dairy, other nutrients and even maybe taking a natural vitamin then it’s not necessary.
Too much milk can actually cause mucus build-up and Kidney stones.
There are all different kinds of milk like products. See which one they like the best.

All 4 of my children (other than my infant) ages almost 12 mo-12 years and I, and my siblings, and dad (my mom is lactose intolerant) drink cows milk daily. Is this even a thing? To STOP drinking cow milk? Why?

2 Likes

I have 4 kids ages 9,4,2 and 1 . My oldest loves milk and would drink a gallon a day if I let him , my 4 year old doesn’t like it and refuses to drink it and has since 2 , my 2 year old is lactose intolerant so she drinks lactose and my 1 yr old is allergic to dairy cheese milk and such so she drinks toddler formula and has since 11 months old

kids dont usually stop drinking cows milk once they start… they usually turn into teenagers and adults who drink a glass of milk with their meals every day

2 Likes

but maybe her stomach isnt handling it well, making her not want to drink it

Bottles stop around 1yr but cows milk can be given in cups at any age. There’s no age to stop drinking milk, unless it’s in a bottle and then the bottles go…

1 Like

If you are feeding her 3 regular meals and 2-3 healthy snacks then she would have a need for milk as a main food supply. Continue giving cold milk and cereal or a snack can be cheese cubes and apple slices.

Depends on the child I have a 11 year old and she drinks it daily my 7 year old hates it and my 3 year old will dri k it sometimes

It’s like 400 degrees outside. If my almost 3yr old even kinda drinks milk with dinner that’s the only time she will. Otherwise dairy products like yogurt for breakfast or cheese for snack gives her the calcium.

We were supposed to stop drinking cows milk by a certain age?? Uh oh, I think my whole family might need a check up from our doctors to make sure we’re okay because we still drink it sometimes.

4 Likes

My 3 yr old takes hers with chocolate Ovaltine :sweat_smile: … that stuff is chock full of vitamins and minerals. It’s yummy and pretty healthy.

Milk. Everyone, everywhere, all the time. Forever. Milk.

4 Likes

I don’t do cows milk and neither do my kids, really. It’s not a necessity.

1 Like

Dude i used to love the way milk tasted …then got diagnosed with celiac and lactose intolerant :frowning: idc if its not good that shits refreshing lol

My baby has never had cows milk and he’s almost 2. They don’t need cows milk. My son went from formula to a toddler supplement milk.

I heard they’re meant to have a pint a day till they’re 4! But my eldest 2 dropped as soon as their bottles were changed from formula so made sure they had yoghurt and cheese for calcium, they’re now almost 4 and 8 and love milk more than ever :woman_shrugging:

My baby’s 42 she still drinks cows milk​:upside_down_face::crazy_face::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::smiley::rofl:

2 Likes

My youngest is 2 1/2 and she drinks at least 3 cups of whole milk a day (10oz cup id say she drinks 8oz of it usually) she loves milk. My 10yr old is the same way.

My 18 month old has barley drank 8 oz of milk total in the last 3 days. When prior to 3 days ago he would drink 3-4 cups 8oz each a day. I’m not sure if it’s the heat (I live in California) so this week temps have finally gone up, so I’m not sure if that’s it or what. But he’s drinking water fine :pray:

1 Like

I’m 38 years old and I still drink cows milk. :flushed:

1 Like

Ummm…I’m 33 and still drink cows milk.
Or are you referring more to “when do they stop taking the bottle?” Cause that would make more sense

5 Likes

I just give a daily vitamin , milk / dairy grosses me out and my kids have refused it since they came off the boob :joy:

I never gave any of mine cows milk.

1 Like

From 1-2 years of age they need 16 ounces of milk fat at 2 years old u can give 1%

1 Like

Mine never had milk. She never cared for it so we never bothered after taking her bottles away at a year.

1 Like

Um idk. My 2yo still drinks it and my 5yo never did. I still drink it even as an adult so I guess never stop or if they do then they stop at that point in time.

My babies are 19 11 and 8 still drink it

1 Like

I didn’t know people “stopped” cows milk? My whole household drinks it all the time?

3 Likes

My 6 year old still drinks whole milk :woman_shrugging: I don’t know why they would need to stop unless their body starts rejecting it

1 Like

My son hates milk an he’s 2. He stopped drinking milk at 1. But his sister is 6 an she still wants nothing but milk all day. :woman_shrugging:. They are growing up an have opinions. She don’t want milk so much anymore

My kids started drinking almond milk around 3 months of age. They still drink it. I stop with the sippe cups at age 3.

3 Likes

Mines 18 years old and I still find her nose if the fridge jug of milk to her face.

3 Likes

Mine didn’t and still don’t drink cow milk. :nauseated_face: Plant milk since 12 months :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

My 5 year old has never even had cows milk. It’s not needed… I haven’t had it in 35+ years.

1 Like

I mean by that age my daughter was fully dependent on table food and no bottle but normal had a cup of milk in the morning

It’s personal choice what kind of milk any of us drink after age 2, if any at all.

Heck, I STILL drink it :rofl::woman_shrugging: We prefer ours to not be store bought, though.

Somewhere around 18 months to 2 they usually stop drinking it so regularly, but still enjoy some from time to time

My son slowed down at 3 years but hasn’t stopped, is 17 at 6’7ish. My daughter however hasn’t slowed down and is 14 and has some of the strong, long nails.

1 Like

We’ve always drank whole milk and still do.

3 Likes

I’m 37. I still drink. I’ll ask my mom when I should stop.

6 Likes

My daughter stopped at like 14 months and refused it ever since

I have never stopped drinking cows milk. My daughters however started when they were about 1.

1 Like

Well, my oldest is 303 months old and still drinks cow’s milk so…

20 Likes

Kiddos are 5&7 and never stopped lol. Milk with all meals! But if you mean bottle wise it was a struggle, we had to switch to sippy cups. But they were legit 3.5 before they’d sleep without the cup it was an awful comforting thing. I had to eventually cut it out because we were training for no pull ups for bedtime!

We still drink it, just don’t send it to bed with them :woman_shrugging:t2:

Im 25 and drink at least 2 cups of milk a day. My 3yo drinks at least 3 cups a day but has slowed down a lot in the past year

1 Like

Started at 12m and 11yrs later hasn’t stopped.

I never gave it to my daughter. Almond milk is all she knows :slightly_smiling_face:

My daughter is the same age and she has refused it. I replace it with yogurt, cheese, or something along those lines. She drinks water and juice sometimes

Still drinking it and they are adults

4 Likes

My kids never started. Milk in cereal. That’s it. Milk is not a healthy beverage choice for a child.

12 Likes

At two we stopped with the whole milk. Now we do almond, pediatrician says it’s fine.

1 Like

Well my youngest is 3 and oldest is 11 and drinks it like it’s going out of style

1 Like

Just remember that kids need the fat content in whole milk. The fat is crucial to healthy organ and brain development. So don’t go to low fat or other milks that don’t contain the fat.

4 Likes

I can’t drink it due to a protein intolerance. My fiance drinks enough for the both of us🤷🏽‍♀️
2 year old switches between cows and almond milk because cows milk makes her constipated

My kid is obsessed with chocolate and regular milk… The things mom’s fight about… :rofl::flushed::roll_eyes::milk_glass: