When do babies stop drinking cows milk?

Cows milk is for cows, not babies. Watch the documentary ‘What the Health’.

5 Likes

My 15 & 13 year olds along with my husband can go through a gallon of whole milk in about 2 days. And I say about because normally it is less than. It has never hurt them and they would prefer it strait from the cow over store bought.

Mine are all grown and still drink it so never I guess is the answer unless they’re lactose intolerant

How many months is 41 years? My husband is my oldest child. He is 41 and drinks the hell out of cows milk

1 Like

I’m 36 and still drink it. Kinda concerned I shouldn’t be now lol

Honestly milk isn’t necessary. At least what’s sold in stores anyway.

1 Like

Ummm :thinking: everyone drinks milk???

What is this asking I’m so lost

1 Like

My 2 year old drinks milk, water or juice, whatever she asks for. It’s personal choice I think

I’m 22, and will drink it by the gallon if you let me

1 Like

Both my boys drink it they are 2 and 7. My 2 year old drinks it like we have a cow in our front yard and my 7 year old drinks it at least once a day when I tell him he needs to drink some milk.

My son is 23 and will drink 2 gallons a day if I let him

2 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. When do babies stop drinking cows milk? - Mamas Uncut

I’m 30 so… never? Lol

5 Likes

My kid is 3 and has never had cows milk! She is perfectly healthy. I believe this is a personal choice! Whenever you want to stop giving or your kid doesn’t want any more can be the time!

2 Likes

There isn’t really a time they STOP drinking it unless they are lactose intolerant or just don’t want it anymore. My baby can’t tolerate it, but somehow can tolerate yogurt and cheese just fine. She’s been on almond milk since we started her on milk products at 1yr. Growing just fine!

2 Likes

As long as she gets calcium from other sources, and has a balanced diet, I wouldn’t worry.

Age 1 they can have cows milk. Under age 1 is formula or breastmilk. Any age 1 and up can drink cows milk until they simply just decide they don’t like it anymore or something. But there is also other milk substitutes if you don’t want them to drink cows milk, they don’t like it or theyre allergic. Like almondmilk and soy milk.

Never??? We as adults can still have it

5 Likes

The 3 month old should be on formula why r giving her cows milk

I think every kid is different and really it’s up to you to determine when or if they stop drinking it :grin:

I think what your searching for is that it’s okay to not have cows milk as long as babes is getting adequate nutrients from food. This goes for any age over 1. Most pediatricians recommend cows milk after 1 because it has many of the vital nutrients we need. Those can also be found in other sources.

My kids still drink cows milk and they are 20 19 and 16

4 Likes

Kids should drink milk. It’s good for them.

1 Like

Kids should drink at least a glass of milk a day!

1 Like

Maybe put a little chocolate syrup in it? it helps my son drink milk!!

Humans do not need milk from animals.

8 Likes

My kids are adults and still drink milk.

1 Like

It’s your choice whether or not you want your babies to drink cow’s milk. My children drink almond milk and cow’s milk. Depends on their mood and what they want. Most days it almond milk unless they are eating cereal

My kid never drank it and my ex still drinks it everyday. There is no set number. :woman_shrugging:

Once she’s eating well rounded meals calcium etc from other foods don’t worry lots of kids reduce down a lot from this age, it’s obviously good if she likes it no big deal if not

1 Like

Milk isn’t essential as long as you’re getting proper nutrition from other food groups. My kids rarely drink it it. I’m 31 and haven’t drank it since I was about 3

1 Like

I’m 30 and I still drink it :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

My kids are 2 and 4 and they both still drink milk

Never. Milk is great for you. It’s not something you have to ween them off of. You can give water and juice also now though if that’s maybe your question. Once they are eating foods for nutrition they don’t need milk. But it is very beneficial

Two year Olds are fussy. One time they eat something the next they won’t. My kids always had milk with meals. We didn’t have all the sugary drinks so popular back then. They would drink sugar free kool-aid or water.

Our pediatrician told us that by age 2 milk is useless nutritionally. They can continue to drink it, it won’t hurt them. But after 2 years old, they no longer benefit from nutritional value from cow’s milk.

3 Likes

My kids drank whole milk their whole lives, daily.

3 Likes

I’m 44 and still drink it several times a day

4 Likes

Im 30 and I drink it everyday. So idk

3 Likes

Mine is 2 and won’t drink it, I’ve tried though, he is still breastfed.

1 Like

My kids have never really drank cows milk. :woman_shrugging: they can get dairy from other things.

1 Like

I’m 22 and can drink milk by the gallon of you let me. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

The pediatrician told us it’s not natural for humans to consume! If you follow to money it was a huge marketing campaign to sell more milk. My daughter rarely drinks it unless a bowl of cereal.

5 Likes

Are you giving cows milk to your baby or toddler??

I found the more my son ate the less milk he drank

1 Like

Milk and dairy contain hormones that promote androgen hormones such as testosterone and oestrogen.
My doctor has asked me to remove dairy from my diet for this exact reason as I have hormonal imbalances. Dairy also causes acne. I’d do some research on what your actually giving her before being worried about not her not wanting to drink it.

6 Likes

I’m 33 and still drink it…2% milk but still

My oldest only drank it for like a month after he turned 1 and then didn’t drink it for a couple years

I still enjoy milk daily lol and my kiddo LOVES milk. The pediatrician told me to wean off the full fat cows milk to 2% after 2 to help even out the fats, sugars and nutrients and whatnot for a tiny person.

Think I had enough of this page. Like ask your pediatrician

6 Likes

My kids all hated milk so they never took it. Formula until 1yr then regular foods for them after that. You can get everything you need from everyday foods.

I think they say after 2 years, give them 2% instead of whole. Me and my kids still drink whole though

Our pediatrician said try giving 1 cup a day, but my daughter rarely drinks it. Mostly just 2% chocolate milk

Dairy milk isn’t necessary my son didn’t take really and my doctor said it’s not a big deal

1 Like

Mine is 2.5 and has never had any cow milk. She has milk protein allergy, the pediatrician says water and small amounts of fruit juice or almond milk are all a baby needs for hydration.

At 2 my sons pediatrician said if he’s having calcium in another way and other foods then he’s okay to skip milk

Never, all my kids still drink milk also use it in their cereal every morning! :woman_shrugging: I’m 33 and still drink milk

2 Likes

Ask your pediatrician… at some point we were told to cut back to low fat milk with more water than milk

My boys are a little over two and have never had cow’s milk to drink! They do eat cheese and yogurt every now and again, but they’re as healthy as can be without! :blush:

2 Likes

My son doesn’t drink cow milk at all. It’s not essential and doctor didn’t recommend. He really only drinks water. Surprisingly kids (and adults) can get all essential nutrients through diet without milk. But check with pediatrician as each kid is different.

1 Like

I love milk, and I’m older than dirt…

It’s a drink preference. I like milk with my dinner still.

My kids all still drink milk as do we, weird question

1 Like

Ask your pediatrician, honestly it depends on the kid. My son is 2.5 but has low weight he is still supposed to drink 16 oz of whole milk a day. One of his friends hardly ever drinks milk. It just really depends on what your child needs.

2 Likes

Too each their own, my daughter has never liked cows milk but likes almond milk. You can get calcium from many other alternatives such as fish, fortified cereals, orange juice, beans, greens and almond/soy/rice milk.

1 Like

Mine never did drink cows milk. She takes a drink and gags, she hates it.

Never. Cows milk isn’t for humans to drink. I don’t even drink it myself and I never really have either. It’s gross. We stick with almond milk

3 Likes

Neither my kids or I ever stopped drinking milk…cows milk, which I didn’t think needed clarification, but I guess so. All these nuts trying to be milk is uber gross.

1 Like

Some of these comments, I swear. Most pediatricians recommend milk of some kind to help with healthy fats from 1 until 3, but you can give lots of other things as well if you want your child to outgrow it. My family has always liked having almond milk around as well, and my kiddos enjoy it. At your child’s age, it seems like she may be outgrowing it. Just make sure if she does stop drinking it that you get her to drink enough water so she stays hydrated.

4 Likes

My 2 and 5 year old drinks about 8 gallons of milk a week… Just buy a cow … Its cheaper

6 Likes

I still drink cow’s milk and I’m in my 60’s

10 Likes

I know very few , like 3, people who do not drink milk

I drink so much milk my friends told me I should buy my own cow.

3 Likes

My son doesn’t care for any kind of milk.

This is the only “milk” he’ll drink

My son is 9 and loves milk. I had a problem with my 4 year old who until 2 1/2 still wanted milk in a bottle…I wasn’t so much concerned about her wanting milk but the bottle thing was my problem and she wouldn’t drink milk in any other cup so I knew it was more the bottle she wanted for comfort than the milk…once I took away the bottle she never asked and doesn’t ask now for milk.
I know they give it to her in daycare.
You don’t have ever to stop her from drinking milk if she wants it give it to her just make sure she’s getting water as well.
Some kids just love milk and there’s nothing wrong with that!

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. When do babies stop drinking cows milk? - Mamas Uncut

I never drank it. I didn’t like and it still don’t. There are many ways to get those nutrients you’re trying to get from cows milk if that’s what you mean and if you can afford to get grass fed organic then you don’t have to worry about all the added stuff and sugar ect… that’s in most milk.

Cows Milk is really good for you at any age honestly. But you child might just be done taking a bottle :woman_shrugging:t3: maybe now it’s time for just some good mommy cuddles and a story before bed! I saw something exactly like this on super nanny!

Once we weaned off formula my son had like maybe 1 cup of milk a week :joy: he was 11m. Now he’s still the same at 3.5. Just make sure she’s getting what she needs from the foods shes eating.

I’m so confused. Quit cow’s milk? Is it not considered normal to drink milk anymore? I’m 28 years old and drink milk…:face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow:. My baby was off the bottles when he was 1. And he had milk in a sippy everyday until he was like 3. He still drinks milk sometimes.

11 Likes

If she doesn’t like white milk try chocolate or strawberry milk. If that doesn’t work try yogurt smoothies. kids have to have calcium to grow.

I’m 74 and have drunk milk my whole life. Balanced diet. Don’t substitute drinks full of sugar for milk. Provide good source of calcium. They are growing like crazy.

2 Likes

I’m allergic so I drink goat milk but my husband and grown children drink it daily I think we go through a gallon or two a week

My kids are 18-20 and drink cows milk in their tea and coffee. I’m 48. Still drink cows milk.
Suspect there is an error in the question?

1 Like

What other kind of milk did you want to give her? There’s formula then milk…… I don’t think I understand your question :thinking:

A baby should have formula up until a year old at the least. And cows milk …? I drink cows milk :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

My son is 10 now, still drink a cup of it a couple of times a week.

My daughter is 5 and still drinks milk from time to time

I don’t understand. My son is 9yrs old and still drinks milk…?

Why would they stop drinking cows milk at all?

2 Likes

Hopefully their entire life!

1 Like

My daughter is 4 and son is yr and half they both drink milk

Im almost 45 and still drinking milk! :heart:

If they are not allergic all their life.

Start? Or stop? Because most people don’t STOP drinking cows milk. By two they start. If she the baby doesn’t like it try almond,rice,coconut, soy ect

They dont have to have it, but the recommendation is 2 serves of dairy or alternative per day

The baby should be drinking formula. & as for your 2 yr old. Why would u want her to stop drinking milk? It’s better & healthier for her than drinking juice

3 Likes