When do babies stop drinking cows milk?

Some babies never start lol I myself never drank cows milk, breast milk for nearly 3 years and then water, never liked it, I have it now in coffee. If her diet contains enough fats from actual food she’s good and doesn’t need it.

1 Like

Also milk isn’t even that good for you with hormones and being taken from infected utters, it’s actually quite disgusting. When my kids do want some milk I give them some four to five almond beverage which adds vitamins into it always non-GMO

3 Likes

They should also only have 2 cups a day max. I let my son drink it all day thinking it was a healthy option and learned from the pediatrician that it actually depletes their iron if they have more than 2 cups a day. My poor kiddo now has to take iron supplements until we get it back up.

1 Like

Some kids don’t even drink cow’s milk when they get weaned, some people chug at their whole lives like me I can put down half a gallon a day easily. What is most important in the pediatrician can confirm, is that if they’re not drinking milk you need to be replacing it with yogurt, cheeses, and other dairy to ensure enough vitamin d and calcium consumption

3 Likes

I guess I thought Milk was good for growing kids. Now as a baby… I was told you could START to have milk when you were 1 year old. But who knows.

Mine will be 3 soon and he only drinks and has milk when it’s in his cereal. His own choice.

Put some Nestlé quick and I and she will start drinking milk for her milk again. My son was the same way and it’s actually his vitamins in it so it won’t hurt her and calcium

Both of my kids were about 11.5 months

My son is 19 years old. Still drinks milk but usually 1% lowfat chocolate milk. Not sure they have to stop drinking milk; whole fat milk probably when they get to the preteen stages. Maybe ask your pediatrician since every child, every person, has different nutritional needs.

1 Like

The question does not make sense. A three month old should never be given cows milk…

If your child is getting the necessary nutrients in other areas, they don’t need cows milk. My kids drink mostly almond milk but they get the necessary nutrients in other parts of their diets.

1 Like

I never drank milk as a toddler, child and still do not as an adult. I have never liked it.

I’m kinda confused about the question. You don’t give babies cows milk until they’re 1. By 1, they’re eating real food too so milk is just another drink.

21 Likes

Took one before bed? As in a bottle? I’m confused by this question.

1 Like

My son will be 4 Monday and still drinks it. Probably won’t stop anytime soon.

1 Like

My kids have never stopped! They drink milk when they want it. I still drink milk.

I never gave it to my boys but breast fed for 18 months with twins o.o

I’d say my son was about that age once he stopped taken milk before bed

1 Like

Check milk in bottles as its hot weather…some toddlers wont drink warm milk,plus upset tummies.

At about a year they can drink whole milk, later on they can have 2 percent or skim milk. Or do soy milk almond milk etc: depends on what the pediatrician says

My 20 month old gets 6oz of milk in the morning, a small cup at lunch and another 6 oz before bed. More when he asks for it. We use Organic Valley Grass milk whole milk

Neither my 4 yr old and my almost 3 yr old drink milk. I hardly buy it. I make sure to give them a vitamin to make up for it…

I’m confused… are we supposed to stop at some point? My 6yr old LOVES milk. The only switch we did was from homogenized to 2%.

2 Likes

Should be til at least 5 . I give my boys a cup of milk when they wake up before anything else

My son’s are 22 and 28, we go through 4 gals of 2% milk a week lol

3 Likes

You shouldn’t drink cows milk period spec children not only is it full of hormones but are bodys dont digest it and you dont really get much out of it nutritionally because you dont digest it

My lil boy was 2 n half wen he wudnt have it again xxxx

Kids never stop dranking milk no one should it helps with calcium

I’m 38 and I still drink it lol :laughing:

My kids are 6 and 4 and still drink it before bed :woman_shrugging:t2:

I don’t fully understand the question. Like, at bedtime? My kids never had a bottle of anything at bedtime. And my youngest and myself are lactose intolerant so I don’t even buy dairy milk.

At almost 2 years old. But he was lactose intolerant despite what the dr said even once i switched to lactose free he was over it.

Humans don’t need cows milk

My 10 and 3 yr old daughters love it my 12 yr old son hates it. Will only eat in cereal but will drink chocolate or favored milk all day long.

My doctor said to use 2 percent milk when my kids switched. That was 20 years ago though.

My daughter never drinks cow’s milk. Maybe with cereal, but not drink it. She went from breast milk to yogurt and cheese. I tried it all. Chocolate milk, strawberry, pediasure, and Ovaltine. Maybe it is the residual slime feeling it leaves. :thinking:

1 Like

Erm. Its a preference. She may just not like milk anymore… Lmao

If I’m understanding this correctly it’s not needed after 2. But they can still drink it. My 6 year old loves her milk…me on the other hand I have to get my calcium and stuff elsewhere

Does she maybe mean formula

Realistically, nobody needs milk after formula/breast milk. You can get all that stuff in foods you eat. So if she doesn’t drink it, you can stop it now.

1 Like

She doesn’t have to stop drinking it at all. But she is old enough that she doesn’t have to have it all the time. She can eat and drink all other foods so she doesn’t need a certain amount of milk. Just whatever she wants to drink. And she shouldn’t be drinking a bottle anymore. Anything she drinks should be in a sippy cup

I was a daycare provider and took nutrition classes. A young child needs the extra protein from 2% or whole milk for brain development.

1 Like

My daughter stopped drinking milk when she was 3, it upset her stomach. She loves vanilla almond milk. My son never stopped, he is 17 now and drinks almost a gallon a week by himself. I did make sure my daughter had other things with calcium, yogurt was always the easiest when she was younger.

Humans don’t really need cow milk. It’s a supplement. We give it to our toddlers to help get calcium, vitamin d. and assist in healthy weight gain. But if she’s getting that from other food sources, milk isn’t necessary anymore.

My daughter is almost 2, still breast feeds. She only gets milk when she asks for it. She usually prefers water. She likes yogurt and cheese though.

They can stop drinking full fat milk about five. I would suggest lots of milk drinking as its such a good source of nutrients. Don’t stress if they don’t have it everyday though.

They are suppose to stop cows milk? I didn’t get the memo lol my girls are 9 and 6 and I’m 30 and we drink milk with just about everything. My husband on the other hand only drinks it with cookies lol

2 Likes

Now I’m going to rain on all kinds of people’s parade. Milk is specifically formulated for calves. The Dairy industry has spent millions trying to convince people it’s good for babies and young children. Not so. It has been shown that if your family has a history of diabetes, giving an infant milk will exponentially increase the chances of them developing Type 1 diabetes. An Excellent book which outlines this study on nutrition is “The China Study” Written by Dr. T. Collin Campbell. He was involved in performing the most comprehensive study on nutrition and health done to date. I highly recommend it. While I’m at it and you are reading, I suggest “Preventing and Reversing Heart Despise”. By Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn. You can also stream his video, “Forks Over Knives”.

1 Like

Back in my day we had to wrestle a diplodocus for some milk and be careful Tony the Tiger didn’t eat us first.

We’re the only mammals that continues to drink milk after being weaned. You don’t need it. Just don’t replace it with soda etc. But if you like it, go ahead and drink it.

My son is 3.5 he still requests milk atleast 3 times a day. We give him 2 percent or lower because believe it or not full fat cows milk is not good for you. It causes fat around your heart.

We’re in our 80’s & both drink milk everyday.

My babies are 16 and 14 and still drink it

Every kid is different most days my kid (3) won’t drink it but he does sometimes