When do kids stop napping?

Fan Question
KarenšŸ’

My grandson is 3. Do you think he should still be taking a nap?

42 Likes

Depends on the child.

No. All my kids stopped napping by 2/2.5

I still nap and Iā€™m 33 :woman_shrugging:t3::joy:

6 Likes

God yes. Iā€™d die if my almost 3yr old stopped napping. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

My 3 year old takes naps but not everyday

Yes!!! My kids are 5 and I still make them take a nap if not they are crabby by 6pm

Im 30ish and i still like naps. :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

My kids take naps and they are 8 & 10. Gives me time to nap as well. :woman_shrugging:t2::upside_down_face:

Yes he is still little

Well. Im 33 and I still enjoy naps! :joy:

Hell my son Is 5 some days he needs a nap

1 Like

I still take a nap n im 31 lol

3 Likes

My son is about to turn 5 and he still naps. It depends on the child, thereā€™s no wrong/right age. Hell, Iā€™m 39 and I like taking naps!

3 Likes

Mosy daycares/ preschools would still nap them through Prek 4.

Mine is 3 in september and needs a nap or hes really naughty and plays up. He needs alot of sleep as he is so active.

Depends on the child. Mine took naps until he was 5. Hes 6

Mine stopped napping at 2 :woman_facepalming: I wish. Maybe then I could sneak a nap in :sweat_smile:

I wish mine did! Let them nap as long as possible!!!

Depends on the Child.
My 3 year old son NEEDS naps for he just constantly has melt downs

Keep him in the routine

If he feels like it. Playing hard going places can wear one out.

If your lucky lmao. My 2.5 year old has quit naps completely. Itā€™s a real.bummer lol

Iā€™m 41ā€¦still takes a napā€¦:grimacing:

My daughter still took naps occasionally as a 5 year old. Glad sheā€™s past that stage bc now itā€™s easier for her to make it through the day without acting cranky.

Yes it helps us out a bit

If heā€™s tired, let him nap. I took naps at that age, and still slept through the night. But every kid is different with sleeping

My almost 3 year old very rarely naps. She stopped napping every day right after turning 2.

Iā€™m 29 and I think I should still be taking a nap

2 Likes

My son will be 4 in December and hasnā€™t taken a nap since he was 2. If I lay down with him in my bed he will either fight it, get up or eventually fall asleep but that means I get no housework done. So no naps it is

Iā€™m 31 and still need a nap. Hell

1 Like

It depends on the kid if my son it to fussy I make him watch a movie with me usually he will calm down sometimes he falls asleep

Iā€™m 29 and I still nap in the day.

3 Likes

If he goes to bed at night when heā€™s supposed toā€¦ Lol I had to cut naptimes at 2 years old cuz he will not go to bed until 4am if I let him nap

My 3 year old hardly ever takes a nap but he also sleeps in till about 9 or later most mornings so doesnā€™t need one unless we get him up earlier

My daughter stopped taking naps at 3.5 because I noticed she falls asleep easier at night.

My sisters are 13 and 8 and my mom still makes them nap :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

If they want it :woman_shrugging: my 2.5 year old is a monster without naps

My son is 3 and hasnā€™t napped for a while now.

Heck yeah. Iā€™m almost 28 and I should still be taking a nap!

1 Like

Shoot my 6 almost 7 year old takes naps at times. My 4 almost 5 year old takes naps often. If he needs it he needs it.

If possible yes. My son will be 4 next month. He doesnā€™t take a nap everyday like he use to. For the most part though he gets at least an hour nap in most days.

We do ā€œquiet timeā€ my six year old usually just lays down to relax(sometimes he will nap) and my two year old sleepsā€¦ I started doing it honestly so I could take a nap tooā€‹:woman_shrugging::joy:

if he needs it still, yes. my son took a midday nap until he was 4. heā€™s now 7 but still takes a short nap from time to time. but Iā€™ve nannied kids who stopped needing naps at 3. it all depends on if they can last through the day.

My 2nd child still takes naps at 6 and half if she can. My 1st and 3rd quit napping about 2 y.o.

3.5 year old who still needs a damn nap daily or else attitude central. Almost 5 year old who still needs it but refuses most days until he passes out in the ride home hahah

My 6 yr old still naps

My 5 yr old still takes naps.

It truly depends on the child. My daughter quit taking naps at 18 months, but she slept from 7pm to 7 amā€¦ it was not worth the fight for a 30 minute nap.

1 Like

my son is 3 and doesnā€™t

Nephew 2 and a half. Still naps. Terror without them!

Yes! Sleep is very important.

My son will be 5 in October and be still takes naps

My older two will be 4 and 5 this year and if they get up earlier than normal I have them nap. I donā€™t make a big deal if they donā€™t nap, it just means they go down for bed much easier but they do get super whiny and cranky a couple hours before that haha.

Yeah if he needs it. Every kid is different.

Yes be glad hes not running around making a crap ton of noise they still do naps in kindergarten

Iā€™m 52 and I still need naps. Lol. But seriously, my 3 and 5 year old granddaughters still go down for naps around 2 p.m. or they will be going crazy right before bedtime

sounds like he needs them :slightly_smiling_face: let him rest & enjoy the quiet time :slightly_smiling_face:

Real question, why is it any of your business if he takes naps still or not?

2 Likes

Yes at school (pk) they take naps from 12:30 till 1
My son is 4yrs old and takes naps

Just depends on the child in my opinion
My son is almost 5 and just stopped napping every day the last few months
He has always gotten up around 6:30-7 and has always been ready for bed around 9-9:30
If we have a busy day he will still sometimes nap or go to sleep a little early

ā€¦ Going to be that person hereā€¦ Not your kid, not your issue.

5 Likes

My son gave up naps just over a year. It was rough cuz he was cranky all the time. He had better things to do then sleep. Now heā€™s 7 started napping again some days when he was 5.

1 Like

It depends on the kid, if the kid gets sleepy and cranky during the day let him nap especially if it wonā€™t effect him going to bed at night. Also donā€™t force him to take one if he isnā€™t wanting one.

Im 23 and i still take a nap wym? Lol

1 Like

Iā€™m 22 and I still take naps lol

2 Likes

Yeah ! Mine took naps until they moved out ! They need a down time or a nap until they start all day school

My 5yo still took naps at 3. When his brother (2yo) goes down for a nap he has to lay down too. Sometimes he still naps if he wakes up early or is super tired/cranky. Itā€™s good for their development to nap. My 2yo is a horrible sleeper and still wakes up most nights so he needs at least 1.5-2hr nap. Every child is different but most kids need a nap.

1 Like

Yes, yes, and yes! However my first child didnā€™t need naps so she just patted the little kids backs when she was like 4 at preschool. She didnā€™t need it because she slept great at night and woke happy. She did have to rest and look at books after the little ones went to sleep.

My kids still needed one at that age.

I try to get my 3 yo to at least rest, because when she doesnā€™t nap, sheā€™ll fall asleep at pm then not want to go to bedā€¦

My 3 year old doesnā€™t nap anymore and heā€™s in bed by 7-7:30 every night and sleeps 11-12 hours. It really just depends on the child.

1 Like

Iā€™m 35 and still take napsā€¦

My niece napped till she went to school and still did sometimes after school. My sons and nephew stopped just after a year old

Umm ya my 5 kids didnā€™t stop talking naps till after kindergarten because they still have nap time in school here in kindergarten

I took naps in kindergarten. After I went into first grade I was never allowed to take naps during the school year and very rarely during the summer. My parents then allowed me to take naps in my high school years around 15 because I was capable of controlling my own sleep schedule.

I dont force it but some days my son does hes 5

If he needs one then yes

Yes Iā€™m 49 and make it a point to take a nap everyday

2 Likes

My 3 year old hasnā€™t napped unless poorly since around 14 months old urgh

1 Like

Ny lil boy is turning 4 this month. And gets so sleepy during the day so he takes his naps. They even get an hour nap time at school part of routine

1 Like

Yes, we all need a nap!:grin:

My 3 year old hasnā€™t napped for about a year. Literally the only time he has one is if heā€™s unwell

What does his mother think? Mine doesnt but every kid is differwnt.

If he wants then yeah. I wish my girl did lol

I guess thatā€™s for him mom to decideā€¦

4 Likes

Iā€™m 47 and still take a nap.

2 Likes

My son is 3 and he still naps but mainly when we are in the vehicle but other than that he wonā€™t nap

Yes, I believe in Naps at any age. Mental work like school is hard on your brains and emotions. It is a good healer of the neurons, muscle and ones energy. Some people and children will need it all their body life.

1 Like

My kids only take a nap when they are really tried I sorta gave up on nap cause it was a lost cause and my daughter is 3 and my son is 4 . But yet again they go to bed at 8 and wake up at like 730 .

My son just turned 3 and most days still takes a nap. On days he doesnā€™t he gets really cranky and/or takes a late nap and then is up really late.

Depends. My kids stopped naps at about 2

Iā€™m 36 and I think I should still be taking a napā€¦ :grin:

4 Likes

Yep. My 7, 5 and 2 year old all take naps. My 7 year old might not but is still required to have quiet time while the others do. Iā€™m 26 and I still nap sometimes if I get the chance lol

Currently making my 5year old take a nap

Both of my boys napped until 4&5. Kids need their rest.

If he needs one, yeah. I wish my son did.

1 Like

My son napped until he started kindergarten

If heā€™s tired. My oldest stopped daily naps at 3 but still had quiet time in his room. Heā€™s 5 now and if heā€™s tired thennhe naps and I let him.

My 3 and 4 yr old dont take naps unless theyā€™re tired and were driving home.

1 Like