When does wanting a baby stop?

My sister is infertile and she tried for over 10 yrs to have one she still has days where she grieves that she will never be able to carry a child but she is in the process of adopting two siblings a little boy that is almost 2 and a lil girl that is 7 months and it helps fill that longing

Surely there is no single answer to this. Oftentimes, people try to postpone pregnancy until their mid to late 20s or 30s, but of course that is only a plan. Real life can change plans in a second. If a lady has already got a child or 2 or 3, she could well believe she is satisfied and very busy. If she still canā€™t stop yearning, I guess the feeling will subside when she becomes fully involved with other aspects of life. Around age 50, menses stops. For some. It is a natural cooling down time, when she may be more satisfied by friendships, hobbies, travel, volunteerism. Etc. Education. Mentoring. Yet I know several women who became first time moms in the late 40s and couldnā€™t be happier. Good success to you!!

Foster ! My granddaughter has fostered 2 babies and now adopted . Now has a baby 2 weeks old fostering . Think you being a little selfish . 3 is a great family . Great family :heartpulse:

I know itā€™s not the same, but have you thought about fostering ?

Adopt!:slight_smile: or babysit!!

How can I stop getting this in my feed?

You say you work part time - open a daycare, that makes you a care giver for part of the day, it helps mom and dads that have to go to work and can be so fulfilling.

4 Likes

Sound like you need to come to terms with your infertility and the rest will follow.

3 Likes

look into Foster care

I have two and am ready to pull my hair out. I stopped wanting one more after number 2. Iā€™m too old for this ah*t!

Iā€™m 31 and Iā€™m dyinggg for a hysterectomy

I understand your feeling. God has a purpose for your life. It may be to foster. My daughter has adopted 5 children, that she took in as foster children and has guardianship of another child. Each of those children have difficulties in one way or another, but it has been so rewarding watching the changes in those children. once they felt secure.

Many children need real homes and would be so blessed to be given the opportunity of adoption by a wonderful family with ā€œsiblingsā€ and by wonderful parents. I would also consider going to see a professional first for an evaluation or some type of counsel to be sure that you have moved past from and are okay after the miscarriage. I feel your personal self is the most important!!! But if all is well and good, I would consider adoption to a child/new born in need of a home as an option if you feel like you could possibly do that. What a difference that would make in a babyā€™s life and future. Parents are such heroā€™s! Excuse me, I meant GOOD parents, which you seem to be are the real heroā€™s! I hope you figure it out! :wink:

4 Likes

Iā€™m sorry you are having those feelings. Almost like empty nest syndrome. If you wait a little longer, youā€™ll be a grandmother before you know it, and youā€™ll be the best at it!! All those little darlings :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

A lot of sad lonely foster children available. They need love

You could always adopt

Wait for and enjoy your grandkids

As someone who has lived with infertilityā€¦the wanting never goes away.