When is the best time to take a pregnancy test?

This question was submitted anonymously by real people looking for real advice. Please be mindful with your responses. No bashing or derogatory comments will be tolerated.

33 Likes

Depending on the test you use 5 days after your missed cycle or there are also test that can tell you 5 days before your missed cycle

If you take at night and get a positive, you are pregnant! Sometimes there can be false negatives but enough HCG in your system will be positive! Good luck

In the morning. Concentrated pee

6 Likes

First in the morning accurate time

1 Like

After unprotected sex.Don’t need it before.

Or if u r like me and work overnights in the late afternoon after u have slept for about 5 to 8 hours

The first pee once you wake up

2 Likes

I was always told as soon as you wake up

I got a positive 5 days before my period was due :woman_shrugging: everyone’s different

2 Likes

I’ve read best time is in the morning when you wake up. But after a missed period is the best time to test. Sex the night before the test has nothing to do with the results of the test.

9 Likes

8-10 days after ovulation, not the day after sex. Taking one as soon as you wake up is key. You could get a result 5 days before your missed period or not until 5 days late. It really just depends. :woman_shrugging:t5:

1 Like

After you get pregnant :rofl: jk

13 Likes

It’s testing the hormone. It doesn’t matter if you’ve just had sex.

I didn’t get a positive test until I was 8 weeks pregnant

You can’t get a positive pregnancy test the day after conception happens. That’s not how it works. Implantation doesn’t happen until around 7 days past ovulation-12 days past ovulation. Even after implantation happens, it takes a few days for HCG to build up in your system. If you’ve already missed your period, you should get an accurate result.

3 Likes

The earliest would be 5 days after a missed period with morning urine cuz hormones would be concentrated…if negative wait a few days and do again.

1 Like

I tested positive 3 days after my period was suppose to start. But not everyone’s ovulation cycle is the same. And always test with your morning urine, it’s the most concentrated!!!

Do you mean will the semen ( that would be still inside morning after) affect the test? If so it shouldn’t. Anytime from the day of your missed period is fine to take a test

I got a positive in the evening, when my period was 4 days late. I was 4 weeks pregnant.

1 Like

I got a positive test the 2nd day I was late, in the evening… It’s different for everyone but having sex the night before has no impact on your test lol

Test with your first pee in the morning it has the highest hcg

1 Like

Always test first pee in the morning for best results

1 Like

With all my kids, I tested positive a week to two weeks before my period was due.

1 Like

I tested positive 3 days before my period was due. Test with first morning urine for the most accurate result.

You’ve missed your period? Okay, now Take the test first thing in the morning, with your first urine.

I did mine week afder missed period currently 23weeks pregnant with a girl​:heartpulse::pregnant_woman:good luck​:four_leaf_clover::revolving_hearts:

I tested early and got 5 positive pregnancy tests-(all different brands), only to have my period start. It doesn’t always take, and testing early can cause heartache.

2 Likes

I typically wait until I’m about a week or so late before I test. Good luck!

1 Like

I was 5 days late, took a test & had a veeery faint line which meant positive. It was faint because I was only 4 weeks.

The best result will come with your first morning pee…but girl, them dollar store tests are a dollar and work just as good as the $20 ones. Go grab you a handful and test to your hearts desire, twice a day if you feel like it…wont hurt :wink:

7 Likes

Wait until you’re 2-3 weeks late. Your HCG levels won’t be strong enough to test until then.

I always get my positive test results two weeks before my missed cycle. It’s rare but I find out at 2 weeks pregnant everytime and I know it’s two weeks cus I get an ultrasound 3 weeks later and I’m only 5 weeks in. 4th pregnancy now. But I’d suggest just testing the day your period was missed.

If you’ve had a missed period you may test positive now.

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. When is the best time to take a pregnancy test? - Mamas Uncut

If you had slight lines, wait 24-48 hours and take another test. The line should be substantially darker. It’s also typical for OBs to not see you until about 5-8 weeks after a missed period/positive test, just so you know.

First pee of the morning is the best time for the test.

2 Likes

If you are seeing faint lines congratulations

2 Likes

I have PCOS and my pregnancy tests came back negative until i was 12 weeks along… some womens bodies have a hard time producing the HCG hormone.

The light bleeding might be implantion bleeding

1 Like

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. When is the best time to take a pregnancy test? - Mamas Uncut

Follow Dr an midwife instructions . Don’t trust a rando on social media .

2 Likes

are you taking the test first thing in the morning

Test the urine first thing in the morning. Most potentate in hormones.

Ask your GP to a blood test… that’s more accurate than urine anyway

1 Like

The first day of my last period was 4th may and I tested the day before my next period and it came back positive, I would suggest getting a blood test first

A blood test will give you immediate and accurate results.
If you use pregnancy tests at home then by now you should get a proper result since you spotted on the 3rd of June. If you are pregnant I’m assuming that what you experienced was implantation bleeding. And since it’s about a week and a half after that, if you test now you’ll get accurate results. Use a clear blue digital test first thing in the morning and you’ll get your result. Thats if you not going to do a blood test.

First thing in the morning.

My lines were light also. I now have a nine year old daughter.

First urine of the morning is best…

First one in morning xx

This is so repetitive

Get a new OB. They should never deny seeing you for any reason. Take the pregnancy test first thing when you have your first urine stream in the morning. Even with faint lines - it is still a line. So it is still a positive. Best of luck to you!

4 Likes

I tested positive around this same time, I had my period in July, missed August’s, and the second weekend of September was when I tested positive. The line ones were faint lines, but I also did a clear blue digital test and that one said “pregnant” right on the screen.

1 Like

First pee of the morning is best.
Faint line is still a line…you’re pregnant :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Go to the doctor and get blood work done

Best time is first thing in the morning. If you see faint lines then more then likely you are pregnant.

1 Like

A line is a line. Demand a blood test or get a new ob. Tell them you did get a positive test, because you did.

First thing in the morning.

No matter how faint if its positive its positive

4 Likes

Take first thing in the morning but sounds to me like a positive test. All 3 of my babies I found of from a faint bleed line on a dollar store test. Try again in a few days.

1 Like

I feel like these posts are made up just for attention it’s all so repetitive

1 Like

If the OB won’t see you for another week or two, I’d say you have your answer

It’s positive if there is line at all, doesn’t matter if it’s faint and barely there or if it’s super bright pink. A line is a line either way and that means positive

2 Likes

That sounds like mine when I was pregnant. The lines were super faint but it was +. Took another test the next morning and was darker. If you can see 2 lines for sure you’re most likely pregnant :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Try a blood test a local hospital. You won’t need a doctors order for that, this test will say yes or no. If you’ve gotten faint lines it’s most likely a yes.

1 Like

Digital test, 1st thing in the morning.

2 Likes

First morning pee!!!

2 Likes

If they are two it doesn’t matter you’re pregnant congrats

1 Like

My last period was 4/20, im 8w 2d along and got dark positive lines for my missed period in May.
It sounds like a blighted ovum. That’s what I had in January, exact same symptoms you have down to the very faint positive and light bleeding here and there.

Women can bleed spontaneously throughout early pregnancy and mistake it for a period. Get a good digital test, personally ClearBlue was my favorite and take it first thing in the morning when your urine is the most concentrated. You can also request to see your PC and have a blood test done.

1 Like

Take the tests that say “pregnant” or not pregnant. Those lines are so difficult to see

My personal favorite is the $1 tests from Walmart lol. They’ve never been wrong for me. Take the test with your first morning pee. And if your ob won’t see you until a “definite positive”, find a new ob. A positive is a positive and if your ob won’t see you they won’t listen to you during your pregnancy.

3 Likes

Early morning pee is the best time and if you seen a second line even if its faint your pregnant.

1 Like

Faint lines still count.

1 Like

Take a test. I have PCOS and got pregnant with my daughter in 2019. I’m pregnant with my 2nd. I took 3 tests and went and blood work done

1 Like

First thing in the AM

In the morning and use a digital test. I’m surprised you’ve missed almost 2 periods and they won’t see you. My Ob told me that at 7/8 weeks is when they can do an ultrasound

Post the tests. If you can see a line then your prob pregnant.a line is a line

My period was nov 24-29 and I tested positive with a first response dec 16 so if you are seeing two lines no matter if they are faint than you are pregnant!

2 Likes

Anywhere from 6 days earlier than expected period to 3 weeks after missed period. Sometimes hcg levels are strong enough 2 detect before missed sometimes they take awhile 2 show. Best results are blood work.

Ask your normal Dr not your OB for a blood test.

1 Like

Why do all these people with simple questions not look them up on the internet?

2 Likes

The most sensitive pregnancy test- Believe it or not you can purchase at Dollar Tree.

2 Likes

well, a light line is a line. pregnancy is positive. first pee of the day holds highest hormone levels but really you can do it anytime.

Get the digital ones. It will either say pregnant or not pregnant.

Doesn’t matter how light or dark the line is. A line is a line.

Take a digital pregnant not pregnant test

Take it using a digital test the ones that say pregnant or not pregnant.
Then take it as soon as you wake up

Any line is a + no matter how faint

First thing in morning. I used the dollar test with all three of my kids, quick to find out and easy to read. Plus didn’t have to pay much

2 Likes

Call your ob office and ask for blood test then go and find out for sure. I have used home tests and got 2 negatives before a positive one at 4 months she is now 25

1 Like

I say first thing in the morning is usually best but I was always able to do it anytime of day

Your pregnancy is in the early stages…you’re probably not 6 weeks as yet that’s why the lines are light. If you wait a week or so the line will become darker. Your doctor telling you to wait a week or so is because when she does the ultrasound she won’t see the fetus till you’re about 6 weeks + pregnant.

Get a digital or request blood work

Do your test first thing In the morning and I suggest just getting the ones that say “pregnant or not pregnant” I found out just under 4 weeks that I was pregnant with those.

When you think you might be pregnant?

Take a digital test first pee in the morning. When I was pregnant with my son I was a few days late for my period and I had 2 strong dark lines but some have faint lines that get darker in time. A Digital test will be more clear. But if your hormone levels aren’t high enough for it to read yes and you still haven’t gotten a period I’d wait another 5-7 days and test again.