When should I get my daughters ears pierced?

First time girl mama here, I had 2 boys before her. We’d like to have her ears pierced and our pediatrician does not do it them in their office so we are looking to have them done at a reputable piercing studio. At what age did you pierce your little ones ears?

19 Likes

I had my daughters done a little after she was a year old!

My daughter is 9 months old, I wanted to get hers done when she was a couple months old, but my husband said to wait until she asks

My oldest daughter has had hers done since she was 6 months old, & my youngest daughter just got hers done at 5 years old

Whenever you decide. No correct or incorrect time for this. My niece had hers done as a baby with real small, but real gold and diamond studs. Never had an issue & was adorable. Still loves earrings. Her mother did clean them correctly and turn them, so be sure to follow correct care and have it done professionally and she will be fine. Some mothers will talk about you for doing it before they ask, and some won’t. Truth is people are gonna talk about ppl either way…

1 Like

I also waited till they were old enough to ask. I feel it gives a lot more to the experience when it’s their choice and they’re old enough to be excited about it pick out their own earrings, etc…

5 Likes

I waited until my daughters second round of shots. So about 3 months old I did hers

1 Like

I got both my girls done at 4 months. they are 7 and 15 and still love them, i took care of them and they didn’t mess with them.

1 Like

When she wants to get them done and is responsible enough to care for them during the healing time :hugs:

1 Like

My daughter asked for her ears to be pierced for her 7th birthday.

5 Likes

Let it be their decision. I had 2 girls and waited until they asked for them to be pierced.

I waited until my daughter was young enough to ask so could actually have the experience I have my 2nd daughter now and we will wait until she asks as well.

3 Likes

I have 3 girls, my youngest 2 are 3 and none of them have their ears pierced. You should wait until they are old enough to understand and decide for themselves if they want it done. It’s their body so it should be their choice and no one else’s.

3 Likes

We did our daughters at 8 weeks. She cried for maybe 10 seconds and we have never had an issue. She will be 7 this summer. Loves picking out new “pretty’s”!

5 Likes

When she’s old enough to make that choice for herself…

My daughter turned 18 in NOvember. She’s ready now to have them pierced.

2 Likes

We did 3 months and so glad!!! No regrets, no issues. My daughter loves them. She’s now 6.

11 Likes

Whenever she asks you if she can get her ears pierced is usually good time🤷‍♀️

2 Likes

6 months for my daughter. I was able to find a doctor’s office in my area to pierce them.

I really wanted to pierce my daughters since she was the first and only girl. But I couldn’t find a good reason to do it outside of I had mine done as a baby and it was just something we have always done for babies. But my husband was really against it. I respected his wishes since his reasons made so much sense for wanting to wait. No my daughter is 4 and really wants to get them done. So we will be taking her soon. I’m glad I get to experience this with her now that she is older and made the choice on her own

9 Likes

When she decides she wants them

Mine aren’t pierced. When she is older (she is six) she can make the decision on her own.

1 Like

I got my daughters ears pierced when she was 3. We went to a tattoo parlour and used numbing cream as well.

When they were old enough to ask and comprehend what a responsibility it is to care for and look after, as well as permanently alter your appearance

3 Likes

I let my girls ask. They did them at 7. They had to do all care for them. We have done both the gun way and the needle in a tattoo shop. We all preferred the needle. My 9 year old got her second hole with a needle after doing the gun. She said the gun hurt her so much more and the noise was horrible! For us it worked to wait. I wanted them to make the choice for themselves.

1 Like

I waited until my daughter was old enough to ask.

5 Likes

My daughter got her ears pierced this year she is 6. I waited for her to ask me. But our pediatrician did do them and where I live many piercing shops will not do them until the child is old enough to ask for them themselves.

1 Like

I dont think age really matters just dont go to Claire’s. And if you do. The cheapest jewelry is the best of what they have. But the girls have no training and guns cause trama to the ear. Mine where done at the drs as an infant and ended up not being even. Took me 30 years but went and had a 2nd hole added so they didn’t look weird on my ears. Now I love wearing earrings.

Ears grow at different rates. To avoid the potential of lop sided piercings as an adult, please wait until they are older and can ask for themselves and understand it all

4 Likes

My daughter asked for her 5th bday. I waited for her to ask and be old enough to take care of them and communicate if they hurt etc.

2 Likes

Let them say they want them & they are old enough to clean & take care of them . Never understood why folks want extra responsibility of making sure they are clean & doesn’t get affected cause kids can’t take care of it themselves.

1 Like

When they’re old enough to decide and I wouldn’t take them anywhere except a licensed tattoo/piercing parlour

2 Likes

Whatever you decide, don’t let them use a piercing gun.

4 Likes

Feels like it’s less traumatic when they’re that little. But there’s many opinions on this matter

My daughter was 6 she’s been asking for two year prior so we did them for her 6th bday

2 Likes

I waited till my daughter asked for them. Thinking she would be much older than the 2 years that she was. She was the only girl at daycare without ear rings

2 Likes

You can get her ears pierced after the age of 2 months as long as she has already recieved her 2 mo shots.

2 Likes

My granddaughter had her ears pierced when she was 10 months old. My daughter looked for someone who would Pierce her ears for months and no one would do it and finally while we were on vacation in a different state we found a shop & piercer that agreed to do it. Good luck a lot won’t do it because of their own personal opinions etc. on the subject. Hopefully they don’t tear you up in these comments just for asking lbvs

4 Likes

I just got my daughter’s ears pierced for her 12th bday. Where I’m from a professional won’t even consider it until that age and after research I’ve read if you don’t get them done before their 6 months you should wait until after 12 when their ears are developed fully. That is also with using a needle at a legit studio over going somewhere that uses a gun.

4 Likes

You should take her to a tattoo shop.

My daughter is almost 2 and she doesn’t have her ears pierced . Believe me , I’m tired of some of the things people complain about these days , but piercing a young child’s ears is not one of them . Wait until they ask

2 Likes

All 3 of my girls have had them done at 6 months old :upside_down_face::upside_down_face: they don’t mess with them or anything It’s the perfect age !!!

11 Likes

13 when she asked. Let her decide on her own.

6 Likes

When she can ask for them herself and take care of them with minimal help.

9 Likes

Most reputable shops won’t until after they turn 5.

My 4 year old asked, I pinched her ears lightly and said it will hurt abit more then that, do you still want them done… and she goes “arhh no mummy I might wait till I’m tougher” :joy::joy:

Wait till they ask :woman_shrugging:

12 Likes

Nb by a nurse. Then at 4 at a tattoo shop because ine of her ears closed

I think little baby girls look beautiful with their ears pierced, the younger the better 🩷🌿

1 Like

When she is old enough to decide on her own.

4 Likes

I had my girls at 3 years

Most places you can do them after 6 weeks I believe. I did my daughters around 6/8 ish months.

5 Likes

@ 6 months because what girl doesn’t want her ears pierced …

1 Like

I had my daughters done on the way home from the hospital

People will bash you for asking this question. PLEASE DONT PAY ANY ATTENTION TO THEM. I had both of my girls done when they were 3 months.

I believe waiting until they are old enough to want them / ask for them . I don’t judge others who choose to but my rule for my kids is I will not put holes in their bodies without them consenting . X

Got our daughters done at 3 months.

My parents thought they knew better than me. I wanted to wait until my daughter could choose and be responsible enough to care for them. So they asked I said no and they did it anyways. She was 6 months old

9 Likes

It’s a personal choice. Don’t let people tell you when your child can ask. You are the mom. You know what’s best for your child . I did my daughters at 5 months. She had 3 holes by age 9 and now is 13 and has 9 pericings. It a friggin hole and if your baby doesn’t like it just take it out and let it close. It’s not a big deal.

all my girls were pierced around 6 months old.

1 Like

Whenever you feel is right!

I have 4 boys & just had a girl after 9 years. She’ll get her ears pierced when she asks.

When she asks. And take her to a tattoo parlor.

When she can make decisions for herself and tell you, she wants it done. 

Why do Mothers put their child in pain and just to make a fashion statement. The baby does not even know what piercing is. I raised four daughters and the age was 13 if they even wanted to.

1 Like

You’re the momma. I would just recommend doing some research on the safest and healthiest ways to get it done.

My daughter got hers done when she was old enough to make the choice. About 12-13, I think.

When they were both about a year old

My girls were about 6 months when they got theirs. My own ears didn’t get pierced until I was 11 or 12 and I was pissed because all the girls I knew had pierced ears and I didn’t. I didn’t want my girls to go through that. Your child your decision. Don’t let anyone bully you either way.

Waited until my daughter asked

In my culture we do it when they are two weeks and the babies don’t mess it with it all. Both my girls love earrings now. I don’t think most places will do them that young though so I would call around to different piercing studios. Personally I like that we do it younger so they don’t play and touch them

In my country Dominica it’s done very early cuz the ear lobes harden as children growing so by 3 months ears are already pierced…

At the jewelry store, where I just went, here in Merrill, they said 5 years old.

You should definitely wait for her to tell you she wants a piercing. Don’t be selfish and take away her decision.

6 months old, we went to skin candy.

When they are old enough to ask, understand and consent. Otherwise punching holes in babies, for absolutely NO benefit is sooooooo wrong.

13 Likes

My daughter asked at 7. Take her to a tattoo/piercing shop- it’s the most sanitary and the piercers know what they are doing.

when they are old enough to ask to have body modification done to them

6 Likes

My daughter had hers pierced when she asked me to get them pierced. Her body her choice.

Idk where you live but here in the Denver metro there is a place called Rowan and it’s licensed nurses

When she is old enough to ask and understand the pain involved, and can take care of cleaning her ear lobes.

When they ask. My oldest was 5. My second daughter is almost 9 and has no interest.

I waited till old enough to decide on there on instead of little and then later let ears grow out and close up. If didn’t want .she was 11 I believe when got done and at a tattoo parlor. She 12 now going on 13.

I think the sooner the better. If that is what you want. They will heal quickly and baby won’t remember. A four year old making the choice for themselves isn’t really any better lol she could still grow up and decide she never wanted them done.

She may not want them pierced. Just wait until she asks. I was in the 6th grade I think before I asked.

All 3 ofy girls got theirs pierced at 4 months with the approval of their pediatrician

5 Likes

Waited until she was old enough to make the decision herself but also to understand not to touch and play with them so they don’t become infected (she was 6) and no issues whatsoever

When a tattoo shoo piercer or professional piercer would do it with a needle and not a piercing gun and with the child’s request.

I would wait till she can consent and a reputable piercer will do them.

In my family every girl gets them done as soon as the umbilical stump falls off

When she asked but I can tell you don’t respect bodily integrity, I feel bad for your sons

When they are old enough to decide they want to actually modify their body

When she’s old enough to say she wants her ears pierced

My oldest who’s now 14 years old got hers done when she was 11 months old. My youngest who’s now 11 got hers pierced at 2 years old

When she asks repeatedly for it

Wait until they’re old enough to not play with them, so depending in their maturity, 4-8 years old. When they’re babies or toddlers, they’re at increased risk of infection and they can become crooked as they grow

Oh no, not this one again… body mods for babies are so unnecessary. Wait until she can ask for herself, and never go anywhere they use a gun.

I heard when babies get their ears pierced they have trouble with it years down the road bc the earlobes aren’t fully developed

When she was old enough to ask to have them done, she was 5 or 6

I just think it’s funny that someone thinks a doctors office would do piercings :joy:

A ‘reputable piercing studio’ won’t pierce until at least 5. And with a needle, not a :gun:.