When to stop co sleeping?

My daughter still comes to mine and my husband’s bed granted she has a delay is autistic but I don’t really see a problem in it if there clothed and are only sleeping

Are you seriously jealous of him and his baby daughter? Grow up or get lost.

3 Likes

OMG my 3 yr old and 2 yr sleep still sleep with me…oh what will I do?! Nothing, it’s normal lady. Quit being weird

1 Like

It’s called being a dad. To find it disturbing you would either have to be jealous or your opinion of him is disgusting and you should leave. Not for you but to for him.

5 Likes

I didn’t see my dad much, he was absent but his mom picked up his slack and she had me on his weekends…
When he was there he would sleep in bed with me. Sometimes I’d get a bomb back rub out of it… sometimes he’d pee the bed bc he’s a drunk :joy::person_facepalming: but he loved my, and it wasn’t inappropriate. He would share beds with me when he got the chance to, until I was about 12/13

1 Like

I don’t believe it should be okay every night but if he only gets her some of the time then just let it happen. Is it really hurting you? My kids still sleep in my bed every now and then and I wouldn’t have it any other way. :heart:

4 Likes

Tbh if you think something pervy is going on you should be calling the authorities not posting on damn fb . And senario #2) tbh it sounds like you have too many jealousy issues. If your a jealous to a childish point like this you shouldn’t be dating someone with a child.

Well, none of my kids ever slept in bed with us bc I started from birth with them in a cradle by our bed and then graduated to their own crib. But that’s just me. My son’s all have their kids in bed with them and their wives. But, i must say, my grandkids have slept in bed with me.

1 Like

My daughter sleeps with us :woman_shrugging: shes a daddy’s girl they’ll cuddle

1 Like

My soon to be 7 year old still wants to cuddle with her Daddy. Half the time I wake up with her feet in my throat because she snuck back in bed with us.
Before long they’ll be grown up and you couldn’t pay them for cuddles.
It’s only weird when you make it to be :woman_shrugging:t2:

6 Likes

Actually studies have shown that cosleeping with a child will actually dramatically improve the child’s ability to have healthy relationships later in life. We have just been influenced by society to think there is some kind of preverse issue with children co sleeping but there is not. Studies have proved it. My 14 yr old will still occasionally climb in and sleep at the foot :foot: of my bed. I do suggest a lock on the door for said private times and checking for kids in the bed prior to initiating private time with your bf.

4 Likes

My eldest still came in my bed at 12/13, my daughter skeot with me until she was 6 she’s 7 soon to be 8 and myself and my 5 year old share a room, I divided the biggest room into 2 but he sleeps in my bed every night. My 7byear old now washes hersekf and hair and knows how to use the shamans conditioner correctly, I don’t have to help at all and my youngest I still wash his hair and all the back of him but he does the front and that’s his choice as like he says he’s a big boy :blue_heart:. Teach them all these things from a young age and they’ll soon pick it up and it’s so much easier knowing my daughter now can do it all herself but obviously I’m not far if she needs me. If they sto at there uncles with there dad and nana I won’t allow there to sleep with our daughter as she’s to old now but my son sleeps with him. I won’t allow them to bathe my children either as they don’t see them on a regular basis it’s like once every few months so to me it’s wrong when they tell them to have a bath or shower so I stopped it unless my daughter chooses to herself then that’s ok. I also find it weird that the last time they stopped out my daughter shared a bed with her nana but again I find it weird as there’s no bond there like if it was my mum. Xx

1 Like

Very very wrong!! And what kind of father is he? I would question his morals!!

2 Likes

Sounds to me like he’s just being a dad an idk why this would bother someone :woman_shrugging:t2:

4 Likes

So reading the additional info.

If this person who is asking this question is insinuating some type of child molestation and abuse … do not post it on Facebook REPORT IT TO THE POLICE OR SOCIAL SERVICES.

1 Like

People need to take into consideration that she may have had a bad experience with her father . but my advice is talk to him before you hurt him for no reason bad thoughts are a big thing for dads they already get looked at for changing their babies which is fcuking ridiculous he knows his daughters comfort or he is scared that he can’t protect her away from her

1 Like

My 11 yo first born sleeps in my bed sometimes. So does my 6 yo girl

On a nicer note I started to separate my personal space with my son’s when they started asking questions and realizing there is a difference between boys and girls but everyone is different and as long as there isn’t anything inappropriate going on it’s a personal decision

1 Like

Showering at some point they can do alone as long as they’re washing themselves correctly. By 5 they can bath with you checking in here or there or “washing” hair. That always needed help with my kids til about 6-7. But at that point they should be learning privacy, for themselves and for their safety.

Co-sleeping? I’ve stayed at my mommas house and slept in her bed even after 25 years old so this really depends. Should you be sleeping with his child? Probably not especially since you made it clear he’s a bf and not committed to marriage with you, which has a little more permanency. He can sleep with his daughter though as long as SHE wants. Does she just visit? Does she live there? My kids sleep in there own beds. When my husband worked nights my son slept on his side until he was in 1/2nd grade, he would come home scoop them up and put them back in there bed if he wanted to sleep, or he would wait til we all woke up. Weekends when he was home my kids stayed in their rooms. MY kids wouldn’t sleep in bed with us, but our littlest that’s two will probably eventually start coming to sleep in my bed for awhile like any kid. He can lay down or not move the baby since that’s his bio child. It’s not weird for a dad or mom to let their child come to their bed for comfort- it’s not a sexual thing. Unless you have legit and I mean LEGIT not jealous crazy seeing things in your own mind concern you need to be reporting it to proper people and getting yourself out of the relationship. If your not concerned for HER SAFETY, leave them alone. And I kinda agree with others if your just bothered by them being daughter/dad and him comforting his child get out of the relationship, cause when she’s older your really gonna be jealous.

2 Likes

While some parents abuse children mother and fathers, most won’t. And this is her bf not husband. His daughter. Not hers. If I’d worry about anyone sleeping in their house it would be the gf. He obviously needs to set boundaries about having “gfs” staying over when it’s his time with his daughter if he has visits, maybe wait until it’s more committed before bringing strangers around his daughter… especially ones who make accusations or blanket statements about normal parenting, posting to social media rather than seeking help if she’s concerned about any child’s safety.

1 Like

This took a weird turn really fucking fast. If you think there is an issue, I’d get out of that relationship real quick…there’s nothing wrong with bed sharing or shower sharing… UNLESS THEYRE A CREEP. Which sounds like he is.

Some fathers are just super close with their daughters. There’s nothing weird about sleeping in the same bed as your DAD. what’s weird is sexualizing a father sleeping with his daughter.

3 Likes

I would encourage after she falls asleep to move her to her own bed and gradually make that change it’s a big step. And maybe for the bath you could offer to help.

Maybe the child feels more secure there, don’t read things into nothing, or cause problems

how olds the daughter…

I slept in same bed as my father rip til I was ten